Options

gold stars/hearts guide???!!!

dedagsdedags Registered Users 66 Posts
ok, you know when suddenly you lose your +1 blue star bonus on gigs and you start to buy stuff just to get more gold stars?? sometimes i buy a 5k+ ugly thing hoping i'd get maybe 10 gold stars, but it ends up rewarding me like 3 stars. i'm sure i'm not the only one annoyed with this, so i was wondering if anyone knows a gold stars/hearts guide -- like a guide that informs you how many stars/hearts a clothing item, furniture or car gives you. does something like that exists????

if it doesn't, i think maybe we could start something like that here on this forum! like idk, maybe we could post here how many stars or hearts an item gave us when we buy it!! that way, we could help someone out later -- at least they'd know about how much stars/hearts SOME of the items reward us, which is better than not knowing anything at all :o
if anyone remembers how many stars/hearts an item gave out, or is planning to buy something today, please feel free to post about it here!! and if a guide like that already exists and you know about it, please share it with us :)

i haven't taken any notes about gold stars and hearts (will start to do that though!!!), but there's one small tip i can give (i'm sure most of you know that already): furniture always gives you more stars/hearts for your money than clothing. for example, today i bought the $3000 TV for my apartment in tribeca and i remember i got 20+ stars. not sure if this rule can also be aplied to the k-star furniture tho because i've never bought any!

Comments

• Options
    Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    I bought a $2500 table today for one of my houses and only got 3 gold stars... so I'm definitely not sure how they run...
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • Options
    really??!! i always thought i'd never had surprised w furniture... omg i hate the gold stars/hearts system of this game!!! rly don't understand why it isn't simply more expensive = more stars/hearts :/ or at least if for instance they informed us how many stars/hearts the item gives out in the "are you sure you wanna buy this?" pop up.....
  • Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    dedags wrote: »
    really??!! i always thought i'd never had surprised w furniture... omg i hate the gold stars/hearts system of this game!!! rly don't understand why it isn't simply more expensive = more stars/hearts :/ or at least if for instance they informed us how many stars/hearts the item gives out in the "are you sure you wanna buy this?" pop up.....
    You mean to say you're looking for some sort of transparency with a free-to-play game? Novel idea. 😄
  • Options
    RubyD wrote: »
    You mean to say you're looking for some sort of transparency with a free-to-play game? Novel idea. ��
    ... why so rude tho

lmao sorry it's just that i'm almost at #50 and suddenly this week i started to lose my bonuses on almost all my gigs and i'm getting a lil bit frustrated, and i heard other ppl frustrated about this too so. also the k-star items don't exactly give us more gold stars/hearts than the cash items. it'd be nice if they could inform us how many stars/hearts at least the k-star items give out. but that's not exactly necessary ur right like we can make a guide if we want to so yeah no need for more transparency, just some community effort!!! but if no one's rly interested in that i understand!!! i have the majority of the clothes by now but i think i'm still gonna make an incomplete guide about this (just w the cash items tho bc i never have k-stars) and uh if anybody's interested in helping ppl out in a free-to-play game hmu!!!! :o
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I think RubyD was trying to be funny, not rude. Droll sense of humor, and all that! (I'm just realizing how rude I must often seem, since I'm a bit dry and sassy, too. Yikes!) Never seen RubyD be rude before; they seem to be very nice. I think they totally agree with you.

And I think many of us bought most of our stuff so long ago that we don't remember the values they had! I'm embarrassed, but I have no memory of many things that happened to me yesterday! I wish I could help you, but I can't. I hope you make that guide since you've been paying good attention to these things! It WOULD be very valuable to the new players!

And about rank-- I'm NEVER gonna be above number 50 in my current games, since I've accepted so many friends that are at Max Fans, whereas I play pretty slowly. But I was at #1 'in a previous life' with KKH, and it wasn't that big a deal. I like having the friends more than being at #1. I think the social aspect of friending and being active in this forum are the really good parts. You might find it anti-climactic if you obsess on rank too hard... It IS nice to earn the free stars, though!

Just my two cents...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I think RubyD was trying to be funny, not rude. Droll sense of humor, and all that! (I'm just realizing how rude I must often seem, since I'm a bit dry and sassy, too. Yikes!) Never seen RubyD be rude before; they seem to be very nice. I think they totally agree with you.

And I think many of us bought most of our stuff so long ago that we don't remember the values they had! I'm embarrassed, but I have no memory of many things that happened to me yesterday! I wish I could help you, but I can't. I hope you make that guide since you've been paying good attention to these things! It WOULD be very valuable to the new players!

And about rank-- I'm NEVER gonna be above number 50 in my current games, since I've accepted so many friends that are at Max Fans, whereas I play pretty slowly. But I was at #1 'in a previous life' with KKH, and it wasn't that big a deal. I like having the friends more than being at #1. I think the social aspect of friending and being active in this forum are the really good parts. You might find it anti-climactic if you obsess on rank too hard... It IS nice to earn the free stars, though!

Just my two cents...
    nooo i'm not obsessed with ranking up at all!! just commented my ranking to explain how even tho i'm kinda high in the a-list i started to lose my bonus so this isn't just a newbie problem!!!

i started to play like in july and got to #1 in like 1 month i think, so i stopped playing bc the game was sooo boring before all these updates!! but in december i saw my friend playing and she showed me all the new stuff the game has now so i started playing again in january!! i'm not #1 anymore tho when i came back i was like at #100 lol and now it's sooo much harder to rank up!!! but tbh i think the game is more fun when ur not in the top yet, i mean i always have 1 billion quests to do now since i came back!!! i remember when i stopped playing i only got those basic mini gigs i could choose from simon and now it's actually rare i get those cuz i always have a lot of things to do :) i don't care about my fans, the only thing i rly care about is having cute clothes and lots of ca$h!! (or at least i'm trying to) can't wait to have the calabasas mansion omg

but hm yeah about the gold stars. i don't mind not having the bonus too much but it really makes my life easier for the 8 hour gigs. but i don't know if i'll be able to get the bonus back bc now most of the time i need like 100 more stars than what i have :/ but it's not really that big of a deal tbh
  • Options
    Oh, good, Dedags! I'm glad you've already made the Big Time at least once.

The game definitely has gotten better & better! Totally agree with you.

Maybe you should go check out Leyshlagisel's most recent thread under the friends and gifting forum. She might be able to help you a little, especially since you've already accomplished so much yourself...

• Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Oh, good, Dedags! I'm glad you've already made the Big Time at least once.

The game definitely has gotten better & better! Totally agree with you.

Maybe you should go check out Leyshlagisel's most recent thread under the friends and gifting forum. She might be able to help you a little, especially since you've already accomplished so much yourself...
    oh thank you, but i play on android so they wouldn't be able to gift me... :(
  • Options
    And ironically, the update may actually have a feature you need to be #1 to access! That Comeback storyline....oh well! I still like my GC friends more than that!

• Options
    oh thank you, but i play on android so they wouldn't be able to gift me... :(

Jeez, what a bummer! The platform divide is so unfortunate! Off topic, are you gonna post a pic on the Introduce Yourself thread? You should...

• Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    ... why so rude tho

lmao sorry it's just that i'm almost at #50 and suddenly this week i started to lose my bonuses on almost all my gigs and i'm getting a lil bit frustrated, and i heard other ppl frustrated about this too so. also the k-star items don't exactly give us more gold stars/hearts than the cash items. it'd be nice if they could inform us how many stars/hearts at least the k-star items give out. but that's not exactly necessary ur right like we can make a guide if we want to so yeah no need for more transparency, just some community effort!!! but if no one's rly interested in that i understand!!! i have the majority of the clothes by now but i think i'm still gonna make an incomplete guide about this (just w the cash items tho bc i never have k-stars) and uh if anybody's interested in helping ppl out in a free-to-play game hmu!!!! :o
    Ah, apologies, dedags; I was being ironic. I totally agree with you. Free-to-play games are so seldom transparent as they need to entice us to spend on some things. If we spend not realizing what gain the items will give us, so much the better for the developers, as long as we don't feel cheated and quit playing.

Thanks LuzVarias for the kind words and benefit of the doubt. I would not post anything intentionally insulting on a forum. I save that for face-to-face encounters with family and friends, oh, and in-game to Willow. :)
  • Options
    RubyD wrote: »
    Ah, apologies, dedags; I was being ironic. I totally agree with you. Free-to-play games are so seldom transparent as they need to entice us to spend on some things. If we spend not realizing what gain the items will give us, so much the better for the developers, as long as we don't feel cheated and quit playing.

Thanks LuzVarias for the kind words and benefit of the doubt. I would not post anything intentionally insulting on a forum. I save that for face-to-face encounters with family and friends, oh, and in-game to Willow. :)
    ohh that's alright :o
    and hahahah!!! sometimes i get so tired of "taking the high road" with willow, she doesn't deserve my kindness lol!!