game shutting down after closing adds

dedagsdedags Registered Users 66 Posts
Today the strangest thing started to happen. I've never bought stars or anything so adds randomly pop up during my game, but it doesn't rly bother me since usually it's just a couple of adds that only show up during like the first 10 mins into the game, and I just close the add and everything's fine. But now when I close the adds the game shuts down, as if I closed the app; then, when I start the game again, another add pops up (since they always pop up at the first few minutes after I open the game) and it shuts down again, so I reopen it and this keeps happening over and over again and I'm starting to lose my mind. It's impossible to play like this. And I know this is a problem with my game specifically because I tried to use my brother's play games account and this didn't happen, + when I logged in with my play games account in another android the same problem happened there. Has it ever happened with someone else??? How do I fix this??? :(

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Can you just let the ads run and then resume the game? I dont' recall being able to shut down the ads, I just had to put up with it like commercials on tv or radio. Wish I could help more, but this is the first I've heard of this. My game was being ruined by ads because of the age of my device, so I paid to eliminate the ads and got another 3 months out of it before it finally died the day before Christmas.

Clear your cache NOT THE DATA. If you don't know how to do this, go to your App Manager, to Kardashian and then find where it says CACHE and hit clear. then shut down completely and open up again? Then let us know what happens?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • mrsarchuleta89mrsarchuleta89 Registered Users 81 Posts
    Can you just let the ads run and then resume the game? I dont' recall being able to shut down the ads, I just had to put up with it like commercials on tv or radio. Wish I could help more, but this is the first I've heard of this. My game was being ruined by ads because of the age of my device, so I paid to eliminate the ads and got another 3 months out of it before it finally died the day before Christmas.

Clear your cache NOT THE DATA. If you don't know how to do this, go to your App Manager, to Kardashian and then find where it says CACHE and hit clear. then shut down completely and open up again? Then let us know what happens?
    I'm having the same issue; I completed the Kortadito ad campaign about 2 days ago and once I clicked the okay button to collect the reward it goes immediately to an ad, as usual, but now the screen goes white and it crashes and says "Unfortunately, KKH has stopped working". And it keeps doing this on a loop tried restarting phone game all that, I Wana try clearing the CACHE data as you suggested but what does that do exactly? I'm scared of losing progress! ~thanks
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    What devices are you all on please?
    gluadmin wrote: »
    What devices are you all on please?
    I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone, Android operating system, At&t ~ thanks
    I play Samsung Galaxy S4, and Samsung Galaxy S Tab, and go into Application Manager from Settings. Scroll down to Kardashian, click on Kardashian - when it opens up scroll down to Cache and press "Clear Cache" . What you CANNOT click is the clear data. That is the button that will set you back to the beginning. But Clear Cache. Sometimes it helps with little problems, so it's better than doing nothing.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I play Samsung Galaxy S4, and Samsung Galaxy S Tab, and go into Application Manager from Settings. Scroll down to Kardashian, click on Kardashian - when it opens up scroll down to Cache and press "Clear Cache" . What you CANNOT click is the clear data. That is the button that will set you back to the beginning. But Clear Cache. Sometimes it helps with little problems, so it's better than doing nothing.

Okay so I tried it, and still nothing :( took a lil longer for the blank ad to crash the game lol but still same, clicked to claim my reward for completing ad campaign and goes like it's going to an ad and crashes, Android error msg "unfortunately, KKH has stopped working". Sooo frustrating. Admin, any fixes on this yet? I can't be the only one! :(
  • geminiegogeminiego Registered Users 6 Posts
    I'm having issues too. I finished a challenge yesterday and I am stuck on the collect screen (which includes a kstar) when I hit the collect button a blank screen (supposed to be an ad) pops up and kicks me back to my phone's main page...closes out the game. it's been stuck for well over 24 hrs.
    I'm playing on my LG G3 phone and haven't had any issues until this weekend. wondering if it is the ad that is the glitch or something to do with the weekend contest? I cleared my cache and made no difference. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app..no difference. Please fix this issue before the weekend is over and I miss out on all the k stars I could have earned...ty.
    I'm sorry you are both having this issue. Have you checked the sticky up above for If you are experiencing Issues in KKh Please Read http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?118762-If-you-are-experiencing-issues-in-KKH-PLEASE-READ

That's all I can suggest for now. Maybe the thread can help in the meantime.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Okay, the Android team is looking into it. Thanks!
    Team was able to reproduce the issue and is working on a fix for the next update!
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Team was able to reproduce the issue and is working on a fix for the next update!

Yes! Thank you so much! Now I'm just hoping the next update is sooner than later? *crosses fingers* :D
  • dedagsdedags Registered Users 66 Posts
    oh, i completely forgot about this thread i created omg sorry!!! i actually fixed the problem a few hours after i posted about it here. clearing the cache didn't work but for some reason after i turned the game notifications off it all went back to normal!! sorry for forgeting to say this before lol

are you guys still having problems with the game crashing though?? if it's still happening you could try turning off (or maybe turning on?) the notifications in the game options, maybe it'll work like it happened with me (tho im not sure if this was just a coincidence and actually the game just fixed itself!!!)
  • disdreamerdisdreamer Registered Users 1 Posts
    I turned notifications off and tried it again, but still receive the same "unfortunately, Kardashian has stopped". Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
    Hi, it's been recreated by the team, and they're working on a fix for this issue in the next update. If you can't wait, the easiest (and really best) way to work around it, is buy a pack of stars. It gives you the stars and eliminates ads. My old tablet was very abused, and that's the one that kept crashing till I bought stars. My phone however, didn't have a problem. So think, has your device been mistreated? Dropped? Full of Bloatware? I bought a pack of stars for the old tablet and my problem was solved. I could play again.

But anyway, Glu is working on it. :) Hope this helps.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Glu Admin! Thank you the update worked BUT help! I can play but like 3/4 of the ads still crash my game :( I was able to get out of the loop of it crashing and can somewhat play but it'll crash after 3-5 mins of play and seems like it's when an ad is supposed to pop up...was super excited when I saw the notification for me to authorize the update but starting to get frustrated having to restart the game every few minutes :(

Thanks ~ k
  • shai_loveshai_love Registered Users 36 Posts
    I'm glad this issue is being worked on because it just started happening for me today. I almost want to stop playing because it's that annoying.
  • LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    Mine tends to crash once or twice when I open the game and I don't have ads.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
    Well they said they would have a fix with the next update, and I got the update today. It worked for like 5 minuets and now the ads are crashing it, I started my So Chic Hamptons party today and when I completed it, just like the Kortadito commercial now I'm stuck on a loop of when I click to collect my reward it goes like it would be going to an ad and crashes, Android message: "UNFORTUNATELY, KARDASHIAN HAS STOPPED." Ugh! I'm gonna miss the weekend event! Wth :(

**Edit: If this helps Admin; I've been playing Stardom: Hollywood in excess since I can't play KKH, and have had zero issues, but i also notice the ads for the two games are totally different...maybe just a bit of info that could help? :/
    Well they said they would have a fix with the next update, and I got the update today. It worked for like 5 minuets and now the ads are crashing it, I started my So Chic Hamptons party today and when I completed it, just like the Kortadito commercial now I'm stuck on a loop of when I click to collect my reward it goes like it would be going to an ad and crashes, Android message: "UNFORTUNATELY, KARDASHIAN HAS STOPPED." Ugh! I'm gonna miss the weekend event! Wth :(

**Edit: If this helps Admin; I've been playing Stardom: Hollywood in excess since I can't play KKH, and have had zero issues, but i also notice the ads for the two games are totally different...maybe just a bit of info that could help? :/

What kind of update was it? :eek:
    What kind of update was it? :eek:
    Apparently a big one, I've never had a KKH updates or download tell me "this is a large file, you may want to switch to WiFi only to prevent high data charges." But I don't notice anything new, yet, besides a weekend event where you can win a (very fab) outfit.

Update to admin*: got on this morning and was able to break the loop, but now my game has no ads, (not complaining lol!). Been playing for awhile and no crash yet! If it's something the team did then thank you! I'll keep this thread updated with any other issues regarding this bug and fix just to help y'all out! I'm sure you're used to a whole lotta "*** fix this ish!" 's and I'm sure that never helps a problem lol
    ~k
    Apparently a big one, I've never had a KKH updates or download tell me "this is a large file, you may want to switch to WiFi only to prevent high data charges." But I don't notice anything new, yet, besides a weekend event where you can win a (very fab) outfit.

Awh sweet! Glad you can finally be able to play freely! Now to get that amazing outfit! Let the finger/arm cramping begin! :)
    This is great. I'm so glad the update fixed it. You know, I had that issue back in the fall, I thought my device was dying. Well, it was, but the ads didn't help. That's when I went ad free and changed my game. No crashing is going to be such an improvement for everyone with ads. ;)

The outfit is gorgeous. I'm tap dancing through the weekend. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JelianetteJelianette Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm having a similar issue. After I completed the Kortadito mission, my game crashed. I re-launched the game and tapped to collect my earnings... and the game crashed again. I cleared cache, Force Stopped non-essential apps, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Downloaded the most recent update ( which I thought would fix the issue)- turned off/ on notifications and I'm still having the same issue :( I'm having withdrawals lol (btw I'm playing on a Galaxy S5- Android platform)
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    I'm sorry to read you are experiencing this Jelianette. The only thing you can do is report this to Support via their Support Page. They may take some time to reply but will hopefully address the issue asap for you. Hope you're back & playing real soon. With the new update a lot of bugs came with it sadly. But my guess is the team are already working on them :3