Luna Lakes Lounge - Off Topic Chat Thread

124Next

Comments

• LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Eselletea wrote: »
    Sorry guys I have nothing positive to say about valentines day since currently I am "sleeping" on the couch aka playing my new male character in kkh ;)

Sorry to hear that, Eselletea! Well, pull on up to the Midori Bar and have a drink with us. Valentine's Day is such a greeting-card holiday, anyway!

When I get home today, I'll send your two characters invites to my two games. I need more friends, especially since my old ones are being kidnapped away from me!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Yes! Midori Bar. A place to forget your troubles, and drink without any worry of driving home, being underage, or on Weight Watchers. Sorry to hear that Eselletea. Valentines Day can be a day to celebrate your own awesomeness.

ETA: I only play with one of your characters. Who is the other?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    You guys are sweethearts! Put a smile on my face! I'm so down for a midori bar woo hoo!

Also I know the update is coming soon and that will certainly lift my spirits. I also love having real playing friends on GC now :)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    D a m n you, Mother Nature!

So, I live in New England, where we already had just under 4' of snow in our yards...now we're set to get 1.5 - 2 more feet before Tuesday. There's no place to put it!

I actually spent all day yesterday at the office because I'll be at home again tomorrow! But the timing isn't terrible, at least in terms of KKH. I mean, if you're not at #1 (if you have a ways to go to get there, too!), this update didn't have that many things to accomplish. On Friday night, I went to Napa, won the tiara hair. Won a nice little pile of stars, and accidentally got engaged. (I don't even want to hurt an NPC's feelings!) It's definitely more inspiration to work your way up to #1, though. Kinda a slow KKH weekend, and a slow forum weekend, too, if you have no Comeback thoughts to add!

My questions of the weekend:
    - I'm trying to work up the energy to switch my dolls between my two iDevices. It seems like the guys actually get a better bonus from doing all of the dates--a jacket and shirt-- but my little obsolete iPod 4 can't really think its way through the update. If any 'men' here have won the reward, do you like it? It's a tad low-cut for my taste. Exposed chests on fully-dressed men creeps me out, no idea why! So I'm trying to decide if it's worth the effort to get my guy's game working again.
    - Wondering whether we'll retain Napa Valley after Valentine's Day, or if it'll disappear like Times Square. On the one hand, many of us paid to decorate it (gorgeous lanterns and balloons) so we should get to keep that stuff, but on the other hand, it's pretty basic and small. Not a neighborhood, or easily made into one. Maybe it's only temporary, or maybe they'll add to it one day...
    - And finally, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this exact issue: If I'm not at Max Fans, but many of my GC friends are, will I actually pass them if I put on a burst of speed and achieve Max Fans myself in between updates? I think the answer's yes, but wanted to hear it from someone else: that you can still become #1 in your own game, even if you're just one in a pool of people ALL at Max....

Thanks to anyone who has thoughts!

• C1ar0uC1ar0u Registered Users 135 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    And finally, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this exact issue: If I'm not at Max Fans, but many of my GC friends are, will I actually pass them if I put on a burst of speed and achieve Max Fans myself in between updates? I think the answer's yes, but wanted to hear it from someone else: that you can still become #1 in your own game, even if you're just one in a pool of people ALL at Max....

Thanks to anyone who has thoughts!

Hey! I live in Québec city so I'm used to snow. Always too much lol
    Before the update, I used to be #1 even if I was level 26 and a lot of friends at Max Fans. I just did the gigs so I stayed on top! ;)
    GC - C1ar0u
    Feel free to add me!! :p
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Oh wow! That's a whole lot of snow you're having Luz & C1ar0u! We've only had a sprinkle here in the England but of course as a nation even that worries us Haha!!

If you reach the max amount of fans you will be #1 in your game and your friends with the max amount will fall below you. But in their games they are #1 and you will be below them. Basically everyone is #1 in their own game when having the max amount of fans so no one misses out on being in the number one spotlight :D So yes you will pass them when you get up there ;)
  • Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    D a m n you, Mother Nature!

So, I live in New England, where we already had just under 4' of snow in our yards...now we're set to get 1.5 - 2 more feet before Tuesday. There's no place to put it!

I am with you girl. This sucks! Snow for the next two days straight!?
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
    Yes! Midori Bar. A place to forget your troubles, and drink without any worry of driving home, being underage, or on Weight Watchers. Sorry to hear that Eselletea. Valentines Day can be a day to celebrate your own awesomeness.

ETA: I only play with one of your characters. Who is the other?

Eselletea has a cute new guy, GC Helostark. You should check him out if you haven't already! Luz is thinking of breaking her engagement to the cute blonde NPC chick.

But you still have to marry Stellan, I call dibs!

Breen819 wrote: »
    I am with you girl. This sucks! Snow for the next two days straight!?

I mean, the snow is so high that my little kids can't even play outside. It's much taller than they are! So the whole point of the snow has been lost. It's piled so high that our snowblower won't be able to toss the fresh snow over it much longer, soon it'll just bounce off of the snow walls and fall back in our way...

It's pretty dramatic. Sorry you're stuck with it, too!

C1ar0u wrote: »
    Hey! I live in Québec city so I'm used to snow. Always too much lol
    Before the update, I used to be #1 even if I was level 26 and a lot of friends at Max Fans. I just did the gigs so I stayed on top! ;)

Thanks C1ar0u! That helps!

Hope you don't have a ton of snow with this storm, too! I'm generally pro-snow, my whole life! I actually love to ski, snowshoe, etc, but I can't do that as much with the tiny kids, so I'm getting sick of it sooner than ever before. Spring, sweet muddy Spring, where are you?

... :D So yes you will pass them when you get up there ;)

That's great, Samurai! The official word. Alright, now that's the incentive I need to play a little faster!

That's great, Samurai! The official word. Alright, now that's the incentive I need to play a little faster!

When you get up there make sure to sneak me into the VIP sections of the clubs and smuggle me some champagne :p
    When you get up there make sure to sneak me into the VIP sections of the clubs and smuggle me some champagne :p

It's a deal! Though I only know how to sneak people in via stripper cakes...

It's a deal! Though I only know how to sneak people in via stripper cakes...

Booyahh!! VIP section and cake filled with a samurai surprise! Sounds like a party to me Luz ;)
    I mean, the snow is so high that my little kids can't even play outside. It's much taller than they are! So the whole point of the snow has been lost. It's piled so high that our snowblower won't be able to toss the fresh snow over it much longer, soon it'll just bounce off of the snow walls and fall back in our way...

It's pretty dramatic. Sorry you're stuck with it, too!

We don't even have a snow blower! Luckily, my hubby is a shoveling machine. He loves it. But like you said it's getting too high to put it anywhere! Totally sucks. I HATE being stuck in the house for days on end, too. We live on a HUGE hill that is sometimes impossible to drive up if the roads are bad.Thankfully, there's KKH for times like this! I'm dreading this storm, but as long as we don't lose power I can handle it. It's my dog's first winter so it's fun to see him in it. It's pretty when it first falls, but then when it gets dirty and slushy. Ick. Hate that. Lived in Connecticut for almost 30 years, and every winter I say I'm going West. Yet, here I am.

Ah, the dream of the West. Yes, run away, Breen! I attended a work function in San Diego once, and fell in love with the beauty and the sheer reasonableness of the weather! Seems like it's always comfortable and pretty there!

But the hubby is a masochist and will NEVER leave our house, much less New England, even though he loved San Diego too. And of course there's the extended family... Can't move hours away from them. There's biotech out west and in Chapel Hill, so I often daydream of running away, especially as I drive my 50 minute commute sliding wildly in the snow with white knuckles glued to the wheel. <sigh>

Please, I finally got out today, and now more snow over the next few days. I've had enough and I LOVE the snow.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ah, the dream of the West. Yes, run away, Breen! I attended a work function in San Diego once, and fell in love with the beauty and the sheer reasonableness of the weather! Seems like it's always comfortable and pretty there!

But the hubby is a masochist and will NEVER leave our house, much less New England, even though he loved San Diego too. And of course there's the extended family... Can't move hours away from them. There's biotech out west and in Chapel Hill, so I often daydream of running away, especially as I drive my 50 minute commute sliding wildly in the snow with white knuckles glued to the wheel. <sigh>

Like 5 years ago, me and my best friend just jumped on a plane and spent a couple weeks down in Santa Monica / Venice Beach... its just so different from Connecticut. My hubs never been there but he might have a job opportunity to work out there for a month... I want to say San Fran maybe? Either way, I'm down for it!

I'm almost ready to leave NY. Put me on the Continguous 48. Ok, if I have to live on an Island.......Maui comes to mind. But.....shifting gears. It's Thursday. and that means sometimes we get a hint about the Weekend. First one to spot it, post here, I'll make drinks. Hey can you imagine, a quest where we rent out on the nightclubs for an evening with just all our friends? I would love to see that screen. I'd do mine in Miami, only because it's wild there. and I can crash at the beach house. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm almost ready to leave NY. Put me on the Continguous 48. Ok, if I have to live on an Island.......Maui comes to mind. But.....shifting gears. It's Thursday. and that means sometimes we get a hint about the Weekend. First one to spot it, post here, I'll make drinks. Hey can you imagine, a quest where we rent out on the nightclubs for an evening with just all our friends? I would love to see that screen. I'd do mine in Miami, only because it's wild there. and I can crash at the beach house. lol.

I know I'm waiting for the little mega phone to pop up. I notice it usually happens around noon Eastern time, I haven't gotten it yet though.

We've become conditioned like Pavlov's Dogs.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Oh, and Breen, about the eta, I just read what I wrote and it sounded haughty. I want you to know I said it with a hand on my hip, and a smile on my face. I don't want you to think I was being snotty. and do you still want you actual google+ name? I can go grab it for you now if you want it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I love the Big Island of Hawaii. You can go scuba-diving and skiing in the same day! The best thing (for me) to do is go on a western trail-ride there, and then go out and get your light-weight hubby smashing drunk in the little local pubs afterwards. We island-hopped in Hawaii for our honeymoon for a few weeks. It's just heavenly!

Ahh, I want to go to there. Maybe when the little kokonut finishes school.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ahh, I want to go to there. Maybe when the little kokonut finishes school.

Aha, liz lemon, now YOU'RE foruming, too! All parents deserve a victory trip when the kids have made it through school!

Oh, and Breen, about the eta, I just read what I wrote and it sounded haughty. I want you to know I said it with a hand on my hip, and a smile on my face. I don't want you to think I was being snotty. and do you still want you actual google+ name? I can go grab it for you now if you want it.

I didn't take it at all in a snotty way! Just like I hoped I didn't sound snotty typing it! And yeah if you get me a chance let me know what my G+ name is, I think its my full name, and can you tell me how it comes up in KKH on your end?

Happy Valentines Day Event Dolls. I'm so not ready for Valentines Day tomorrow. I wanted to make heart shaped cupcakes, but lets face it.....I can't put down the game. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary