K-Stars and "Other Offers"

DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
So the kstar per video is nice but I dont get K-Stars through the Other Offers page.
I take the surveys but dont get anything. Then I wondered if I was completing them like I thought I was. And honestly, I'm never sure if I'm really done or not because I never actually get to a page that say "Completed" They say submit valid info and then hit me with a 10 minute survey

The surveys seem sort of endless.

Has anyone been successful with the surveys and other offers page? Is there a way to do it that I'm missing? The only major one I did right was signing up for Ancestry.com Lol which I had to cancel right away or else they'd charge me like 30 bucks, but still, the K-Stars they offered I was given the very next day. That was the first and last time I got the K-Stars that were offered.

Comments

• TamiTami Registered Users 376 Posts
    I've never done "other offers" myself, but if I ever did, I would take phojar1's advice. Maybe it can help.
    phojar1 wrote: »
    I NEVER get the credit so here is what I started doing:

While I am doing the offer I take screen shots.
    I email those screen shots to myself.
    I wait a couple hours.
    I go back to the "earn other offers" and hit the question mark in the top right
    I find the offer and click REPORT
    I automatically get an email after I report it
    I reply by attaching the screen shots of me doing the offer
    I save the email until they credit me.

time consuming but they usually credit me.

If not, then I suggest koko's advice :)
    If you aren't getting getting stars and you fulfilled the task, if Fyber has not accepted whatever proof you have, I would send a trouble ticket to glu, with copies of your proof and Fyber's reply. Glu doesn't want the game getting a bad name because of Fyber. I had another issue, and mentioned the Fyber issue, and Glu wrote back they were very interested in my claim Fyber wasn't coming through.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Some of those 'Other Offers' are tricky, some hit or miss. A great number of them aren't really surveys in the real sense of the word. They are questions like "Do you suffer from indigestion?" then whether you say yes or no, in a few days an email with an ad for indigestion otc medicine pops up in your mailbox. And, while you may have gone through 20 or so pages of questions like "Do you want information about Life Insurance" only to crash, or fall asleep while answering. All for a couple of Stars that you may not receive.

Others of those Other Offers are better bets. If it's for an app, like a game where you download, and play for a couple of levels, or just download and start your chances are better. Best advice, really look the offer over before you start to do one of those surveys. Do you really think that you will get 2 KStars if you just chose whether you like Coke better than Pepsi? Other's say no purchase necessary, but about 10 minutes in, you'll see you can't go further unless you agree to buy something, or sign up for a free trial after you give them your credit card number. There are better ways to fund your KStar purchases. There are legitimate survey places that payout in google play or itunes gift cards.

Then there is my favorite, ask for gift cards for small little gifts. So many people would much rather give us something we'd really like than something we'll just toss in a corner and forget about. If you have any good ways of getting free stars, please post them here. You'll make friends I promise you. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • andream1985andream1985 Registered Users 23 Posts
    I can't get money or K-stars from ads anymore! The option is gone. I recently purchased K-stars with an iTunes gift card. Is that why? And in regards to offers don't do anything that asks for personal info especially your credit card.
    NO. I have purchased stars, and I still get ads most days. It depends on a lot of things, from the device and platform you're on, to your carrier, your location. So many factors. Maybe they'll come back for you, but I assure you it has nothing to do with having purchased stars.

And you couldn't be more right, be careful with your personal info. That's why I honestly just use Quick Thoughts. I do legit surveys there and when I've earned 10$ (usually 1$ a survey) the generate an itunes or google play gift card for 10$. LuzVarias said she's doing legit surveys from another place, but you don't wait for 10$ you get the money in your google Play account right away. Do a survey, a dollar in your account. Maybe she'll give us the info here. I'm interested. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Good morning, ladies!

I had to stop and think for a moment-- had I ever taken a survey and then vouched for it? I'm pretty senile. Actually, I haven't been a survey-taker. Don't hate me, but I just buy stars. I'm old and have the money! With small kids, I have more money than time!

Maybe you were thinking of Breen819, Koko? She and I are in the same place, in the same time, often! Here's what I could find about surveys.
    From Breen819:
    "I started doing Quick Thoughts but it never has any surveys available. I found another app directly related to Google Play that you take surveys on and don't have to wait to get 10$ to cash it in. It automatically loads to your Play account dollar by dollar which is kinda cool. I just started doing it, you gave me the idea. Hey why not add free money into my acct so I can buy K Stars. SWEET. Evey lil bit helps! Especially since I just bought gift cards but haven't spent them yet. Waiting for a sale so I can get more bang for my buck. I mean now that I'm an E Lister again, I have plenty of time. Wasn't going to do the comeback but then said why not!"
    So, maybe Breen could give more details today.

Also, Bria is the queen of finding Kstars. If there was a thread about legit offers started, she might pipe up! <I don't know if that's worthy of its own thread or not?> edit: that'd be especially good since Bria is an IOS player. Then you'd have info for a few different systems...

I wish I had a good referral for you!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

hmmm, ok. Monday morning brain freeze. Thank you so much LuzVarias, Yes, we'll hit up Breen for more info. I hear you about just buying the stars, I had stars in 2 games, and we really loved the hat and hair for 50Stars, bought it for my ipad looked wonderful, had to buy it for my Android Tablet. Don't you just know that Koko the Smartphone Game "Needed the hair". So I dug out one of my gift cards from Christmas, bought stars and gave her the darn hair. Did not have time to do more surveys, just needed it now. lol. Anyway, thanks again Luz, and good morning.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
    I just wish it was more straight forward and less shady. All this **** spam on my email for nothing. I jut won't do them anymore since they don't work
    You have to be very careful when trying for free stars. They call those 'offers' surveys, but they're not. Most of them are just trying to distribute your email address.
    The Surveys I vouch for are Quick Thoughts, and iPoll. I haven't done iPoll in a while, because I found Quick Thoughts. That works for me. And Breen knows of one that is directly Google Play.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this. If you decide to keep trying the 'surveys' found in the game for free stars, make another email and use that for these things.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts

I'm sorry you're experiencing this. If you decide to keep trying the 'surveys' found in the game for free stars, make another email and use that for these things.

This is good advice.