No gigs?

QueenSukiiQueenSukii Registered Users 120 Posts
I decided to finish the Valentine's tiara activity and now I'm just getting the regular calls from Simon. My husband stole my number one spot so I can't do the comback challenges yet. Was that all there is in this update?
GC: QueenSukii
Instagram: @QueenSukii
iPhone 8 iOS 11.1
Prev1

Comments

• LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    No way, they added a lot of quests. Why don't you try getting to #1, pick a comeback and after you get the Sticky Games mobile quest, see if that triggers the other ones. There's other people experiencing the same issue but they had already picked a comeback and finished the mobile quest.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Cordelia89Cordelia89 Registered Users 86 Posts
    I just had an interview with Ray... Was that the last thing from the comeback quests? I picked the fashion comeback.
    Add me on GC: mirabella891025! Would love to play with all you lovelies! ^_^
    Cordelia89 wrote: »
    I just had an interview with Ray... Was that the last thing from the comeback quests? I picked the fashion comeback.

When someone picks a comeback they get the Sticky Games mobile quest. Everyone gets that. You get a quest to become a fashion designer and then the sub quests start from that like picking out clothes that'd be great for your clothing line, picking an assistant quest, and the Konspiracy quest which is exposing a critic(?) who held a grudge against the Kardashian sisters so he would talk bad about any sort of clothing line they came up with.

Then you get the Anti-Fur quest. You're invited to a ball where you can bring Cassio, Kim, or go alone. You first do a photo shoot for that.

You get to do the outRAGEgous quest. Head to 2-3 clubs and do crazy stuff so you can get hired to be a model for Rage's clothing line.

Also the bartender quest. Simon tells you about becoming a celebrity bartender, so you train with the guy from Brew Palms. Then you go to a few clubs, and then Simon mentions a competition which Khloe is the judge.

Someone can add any quests that I forgot to mention or I'll edit the other ones in since I'm asking my mom which other ones I missed.

My mom and I had picked different comebacks. Her being Love Guru and I, Fashion Icon and we both got all these same quests. Now I have no idea what was considered as comeback quests. I'm thinking it's only the Sticky Games quest that's the comeback but I might be wrong.
    Then it looks like I'm stuck for some reason. Simon hasn't called me about a new gig or anything. :(
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Then it looks like I'm stuck for some reason. Simon hasn't called me about a new gig or anything. :(

I'm stuck too! After I had an interview with Ray, Simon calls and told me to go on a date. And then no calls about new gigs.
    Are you still an E - lister? I think that might be our problem.

For me it wasn't. As soon as I got the comeback option, I immediately picked one and the quests started coming in after I finished the mobile quest.

I'm on C list right now. That's not the problem :(
    *sigh* Now I'm sad.
  • firegirl1firegirl1 Registered Users 39 Posts
    *sigh* Now I'm sad.

As am I, I am in the same same boat as you all. I got the game quest then nothing.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Try to remember that everyone does these in their own times. If you're not getting something someone else posted about, realize that's their game, not yours. Are you waiting the 23 hours between tasks? Are you moving forward by spending stars? Play the game, but don't worry if someone got a task ahead of you. As long as you're doing gigs, and getting calls from Simon you can keep playing along, and keep rising back to the top. I'm sure GluAdmin will be looking over all the trouble threads. But again, everyone's game is different so don't think because you haven't gotten some task yet, that it's not going to happen.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Yeah, but this never happened to me before, I always received the gigs after downloading the newest update. I truly believe it's a glitch :( Bad, bad luck!
  • firegirl1firegirl1 Registered Users 39 Posts
    Cordelia, ticiss, and firegirl just hold on. Im sure it'll get resolved soon. For now, just play another game. Since I'm done and waiting for something new to be added, I stumbled on some game called Battle Camp. It's addicting. :o

I'm holding on lol. I'm just having parties and doing the gigs Simon always gives us while I wait for it to be fixed. I may try that game lol.
  • hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    ticisss wrote: »
    I'm stuck too! After I had an interview with Ray, Simon calls and told me to go on a date. And then no calls about new gigs.

I'm in the same situation. I have not had any new gigs since the update :(

The last thing my sim did story wise was the Annihilator movie and most recently the Valentines day event where she got the tiara hair. After that it was back to Simon calling for those little gigs. I'm starting to think just as someone else mentioned on here you have to be #1 to receive these new quests. If that is the case I'm screwed because my girl is only #119 atm :(

Hopefully GluAdmin will say something soon I'd hate to send another ticket.
    hoodstar9 wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation. I have not had any new gigs since the update :(

The last thing my sim did story wise was the Annihilator movie and most recently the Valentines day event where she got the tiara hair. After that it was back to Simon calling for those little gigs. I'm starting to think just as someone else mentioned on here you have to be #1 to receive these new quests. If that is the case I'm screwed because my girl is only #119 atm :(

Hopefully GluAdmin will say something soon I'd hate to send another ticket.

Hehe, that was me. We haven't heard from the girl who was having this problem so until then just keep ranking up, my dear. :)
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Finished the Mobile Game quest and that was it. Nothing came up. None of the quests mentioned by other players. Disappointed.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

The Comeback option was only for players who were number one. I don't know what comes after it, I'm still finishing up those tasks. So far I have had 3, each one 24 hours after the last. This was a somewhat glitchy update, and we all know that glu sends out little mini updates, little patches in the game I guess to fix these issues. It's Monday morning, and perhaps the start of the new work week will get these issues sorted out.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm on A list again. So if I do the comeback again, maybe I receive the new guests?
    I'm on A list again. So if I do the comeback again, maybe I receive the new guests?

SVDW let us know what happened once you reach it again. :)
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?125308-Comebacks
    Yeah, I see this post. But if what's happening with my game it's a glitch, maybe I'll waste my time trying to reach the top and do the comeback again. I want those new guests! :(
    Gluadmin show up, but don't say anything about it. I hope there's a solution.
    Yeah, I see this post. But if what's happening with my game it's a glitch, maybe I'll waste my time trying to reach the top and do the comeback again. I want those new guests! :(
    Gluadmin show up, but don't say anything about it. I hope there's a solution.

They'll see this soon. The admin is lurking. :p
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    So for us to troubleshoot, we'll need to know what devices you're on.
    gluadmin wrote: »
    So for us to troubleshoot, we'll need to know what devices you're on.

I'm playing on Android, a Galaxy Tab.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I'm gonna guess that one of Koko's new functions as the Community Moderator is to discourage advertisements for competitors' products. This is Glu's forum for us to have fun, but it also functions to market the game to all of us, to some extent.

Koko has to straddle a bit of a touchy zone, probably. Or that's what I imagine to be true. I may be wrong.

Alrighty. Let's keep this on topic.

The fact is, the rules state no discussion about other games. So there's that. But let's keep this to the issue at hand. No need to speculate on your friend here.
  • WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts

Nothing for me either.... the comeback thingee scares me & the feedback sounds not so good. The weekend star event was stellar though... went from zero to max with hot new e-lister hubby (dumped the a lister)... we're the #1 Couple & I have 3 new dogs :)

But no quests.... nada.
    Hi gluadmin,

I don't usually have problems like this. The device I'm using is an ipad.
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Alrighty. Let's keep this on topic.

The fact is, the rules state no discussion about other games. So there's that. But let's keep this to the issue at hand. No need to speculate on your friend here.

Forgive me, admin! Didnt know about that rule. Won't happen again. :o
  • trangietrangie Registered Users 29 Posts
    ................o the original point of the thread... After selecting the Comeback option (I chose Fashion Icon), the only quest I have been given so far was the Sticky Games quest. I've finished that yesterday and nothing has happened since, so I'm missing out all other quests out there and it's making the comeback progress really hard, my doll has only made it to the C list since then :( I'm playing on my iPod btw, iOS 8.1 and I'm on level 29. Since I've seen the same problem happening with Android devices as well, I'm not sure where the problem lies. Any troubleshooting on this matter would be very much helpful >_<

(Edited by Koko to stay onTopic. Thank you.)
    trangie wrote: »
    ............the original point of the thread... After selecting the Comeback option (I chose Fashion Icon), the only quest I have been given so far was the Sticky Games quest. I've finished that yesterday and nothing has happened since, so I'm missing out all other quests out there and it's making the comeback progress really hard, my doll has only made it to the C list since then :( I'm playing on my iPod btw, iOS 8.1 and I'm on level 29. Since I've seen the same problem happening with Android devices as well, I'm not sure where the problem lies. Any troubleshooting on this matter would be very much helpful >_<

Sorry to hear this! As you have mentioned that Android users have this problem, as well as iOS, the admin should have a big number enough to report the issue so they'll be aware as to getting it fixed. :)
    I'm sorry you're going through this in your game. It seems a number of people have this problem, keep reading for updated info from GluAdmin. Its always a good idea to collect screenshots of your goal tab , and any tasks appearing on the left side. This way if you need to send in a trouble ticket, you've got shots of it all.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary