Feedback on "Comeback" quest

GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
Hi All- it seems that quite a few people are enjoying the comeback quest, while others aren't so into it. :)
Can you tell us in this thread why you are enjoying the comeback quest and if you'd want to see more like this in the future? If you don't like it, can you tell us why?

Thanks for your feedback!
Prev13456717

Comments

• LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    The outfits are to die for. Wish I had them all and the +3 energy is also fantastic. Of course the downside is starting all over again from the bottom. Especially not having quests to do it besides Simons's gigs or party throwing but that's a bit excessive just sitting there clicking away until your arm cramps and your fingers fall off. I do applaud those that have done the comeback twice now just for the outfits. It was fun the first time though.

Why not throw those outfits in weekend events or complete a task to earn another one?
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I love this feature. The game was getting a bit boring - I was on the top of the list for about 3 moths or more - but this update, in my opinion, really did shake things up. I will definetely do all of the comebacks.

Don't see why people don't like it. If you don't want to lose your fans and start again from the bottom - then just don't do it.
    I think that an option for a comeback should stay in the game. And I would love some new improvements, of course, some kind of "platinum status" or "the Start of the Universe", idk, you name it :D But for now I think it's awesome.

And I think that the Comeback outfits should stay Comeback outfits, something special, something you got to work hard for. If you don't want to work hard - then you won't get a stunning dress :)
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    I love the comeback thing, but after I do this I dont receive the new gigs, so its kind of frustrating. Please, fix this!
  • Panda69xPanda69x Registered Users 60 Posts
    Why I heart the Comeback quest options:
    1. All your same friends, houses, clothes, pets, level AND 37 energy makes it so much easier to move quickly back up to the A List. For me it took about a day to move up each list until I hit the bottom of the A list again. 2. Awesome bonus, clothes, tasks and a few K Stars each time you make a new list, Whooo Hooooo! Not bummed about that :) 3. No more hanging around on the A List twittling my thumbs, bored, waiting for the new update, it's so refreshing to have something to work for :) 4. Additionally, because the comeback missions grant you the esteemed label of A+, there's not the same feel 'status wise' as being on the regular E list. For this reason it would be so cool if every time a player did another comeback there would be some indicater like an extra plus sign, color or whatever, to show that a player was making their way up to the A List yet another time. For example, a friend looks at you on their friend list and at first they're thinking "What? When did So and so become a D list scrub?" But upon closer inspection they realize "Oh wait, they're D+++, wearing an outfit so cute and exclusive my eyes are glowing green with envy, respect." 5. Lastly, for those who are afraid of the Comeback option, I think it's fair that they have the choice not to do it. It's good that it's 'No pressure' either way.
    In conclusion, the comeback option is very awesome. I would do it again and again and again, the skies the limit.
    Snap! I forgot to add one more thing, the Comeback options should be available to any player in the top 10 of the A List not just #1 because if you have a few friends that are not into doing the Comebacks but always ahead of you because they're on a higher level, have been playing longer, able to spend more K Stas to complete events quicker etc. It's not really fair that they would be inadvertently blocking you from getting to #1 so that you can do the comeback. Ok, that's all :)
  • MidnightDescentMidnightDescent Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 78 Posts
    I love the comeback quest and have to say I did have a momentary hear-drop-to-my-stomach the first time I said yes. But the dress is so worth it, and having the rumor that I was in rehab cracked me up. I agree the comeback outfits should stay as such, and not be given away over some special event. We earned them. I'm prett sure I have carpal tunnel syndrome working my way back to A lister. But I would do it again, for sure. I was, however, disappointed that my second comeback didn't result in any new quests or interviews. I was looking forward to saying 'yes, I was in rehab' this time and seeing what Ray tweeted about me. But there was nothing. So I just did gigs and parties till I clawed my way back to the top. It's a lot of fun though. Or maybe I just need another hobby ;)
    just sitting there clicking away until your arm cramps and your fingers fall off.
    Side note: Leyshla, you've mentioned this painful cramping on a few occasions, I've been meaning to tell you that ifrogz makes a nifty little stylus for like $12 bucks or so, I bought mine at Walmart. Anyway, it's amazing and seriously stopped me from getting carpal tunnel. This is impressive because in addition to obsessively playing KKH, I also write and play guitar in real life so my poor hands and wrists are used to being in constant pain, but this cheapo stylus has all but cured that. The one caveat tho is you should avoid using it in public because your friends will make fun of you lol True Story ;)
    Panda69x wrote: »
    Side note: Leyshla, you've mentioned this painful cramping on a few occasions, I've been meaning to tell you that ifrogz makes a nifty little stylus for like $12 bucks or so, I bought mine at Walmart. Anyway, it's amazing and seriously stopped me from getting carpal tunnel. This is impressive because in addition to obsessively playing KKH, I also write and play guitar in real life so my poor hands and wrists are used to being in constant pain, but this cheapo stylus has all but cured that. The one caveat tho is you should avoid using it in public because your friends will make fun of you lol True Story ;)

Haha, no it's fine. I rather not put myself in that position. I only grind during weekend events. I was speaking about the quiet ones out there that might not want to do the comebacks all over again. Thanks for the advice, maybe someone else will buy it!~ :o
    Phew! I'm so glad you're not in my pre-carpal tunnel position, Leyshla. But yes, for anyone who never stops using their hands during waking hours, try a stylus, just keep it on the D/L so people still think you're cool lol
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I enjoyed the comeback, still doing my tasks for it, but it's given me a lot of new things to do. I would do another if it were available when I get back up to #1. The thing I liked about this event, was the fact that you had the choice to take it, or opt out. Nothing more fair than that. I'm thinking some of the glitches were just because it was the first time they ran this kind of event. I agree with Panda69x that all it took was one of your friends NOT to take the event, and unless you got there when the update first went live, you might not get the chance. I had my purple stylus poised (love them too) just about to tap on Love Guru, when suddenly my rank slipped to #2 and the option disappeared. Within half an hour I was down to 48th and spent a whole day taking every quick little gig Simon would give me, and watch my number go closer to 1 with every task, but still set that game back a day. Maybe if not top 10 then top 5. Just gives a little wiggle room, and can be more inclusive. But yeah, I loved this, and I'd do it again. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JessB84JessB84 Registered Users 11 Posts
    I chose not to do the Comeback Quest. Is it over for good or can you still do it? I feel to #2 and I am working on getting back to #1. When I get back there, will the comeback quest be available?
    JessB84 wrote: »
    I chose not to do the Comeback Quest. Is it over for good or can you still do it? I feel to #2 and I am working on getting back to #1. When I get back there, will the comeback quest be available?

Yeah, it's available again. You can do it three times to get all three outfits. There's no time limit! :)
  • firegirl1firegirl1 Registered Users 39 Posts
    I do like the comeback quest but I would like it even better if my calls from Simon hadn't stopped right after our own video game quest. I'm already back to the B-list but I hope they fix my game so I can play the quests everyone else had. 😕
    So there's no limit, Leyshla? Hooray! I'm totally going to do the Love Guru one next then :D Also, I've thought about it and changed my mind, I agree with Kokokokonut, it should be top 5 instead of 10, more exclusive that way. BTW Kokokokonut, Stylus Sisters unite, Clink Clink! <---That's our styluses clinking together lol
    Panda69x wrote: »
    So there's no limit, Leyshla? Hooray! I'm totally going to do the Love Guru one next then :D Also, I've thought about it and changed my mind, I agree with Kokokokonut, it should be top 5 instead of 10, more exclusive that way. BTW Kokokokonut, Stylus Sisters unite, Clink Clink! <---That's our styluses clinking together lol

nope. :) Have fun!
  • KkmiaKkmia Registered Users 77 Posts
    Love the comeback idea
    I didn't receive a new action though , and only two new quests. The game and one other which I can't remember.
    Are there any more quests after comeback?
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I feel it's not much of an option...either do the comeback or continue with Simon "I have something for you". It's a creative idea to keep the game interesting.

LOVE :
    1.37 Max energy
    2.Outfit(s)
    3.Quest & gigs
    4.Keeping my level, current A list contacts, wardrobe and property
    5.Throwing parties to gain fans back faster

LOATH
    1.not having the 37 max energy fill up when u select the comeback
    2.Waiting 24 hours for the new gig to start (or use K stars to start sooner)
    3.No new quests for 2nd comeback
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I think the comeback idea is great - it's like restarting but you keep all your stuff, and it helps you level up. It's a shame only some of us got new quests though and I hope this gets fixed soon. Other things that would be good around the valentines theme (kind of) you should be able to change network contacts to romantic and also see things on your husband/ boyfriend before you gift them.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    I liked the comeback option especially because we got to keep everything we had already worked for.
    no i don't have any chill
  • hkayteehkaytee Registered Users 116 Posts
    When u decide to do the comeback option a second time does the max energy go to 40 ?
    Add me GC: AychKT && yakanaTee :)
  • SVDWSVDW Registered Users 98 Posts
    Well. third rounder here.
    I just GOT to have the 3 dresses, so...

The thing is, after the first comeback, you dont get NOTHING to help your way a little more easily to the top (the comeback gigs are only in the first time).

Also, when you are reaching #1 again, the time you spend trying to surpass those who choose not to do the comeback and prefer to just sit on the #1 stop doing nothing is prolly the most irritating thing that could ever happen in this game.

Otherwise, was amazing. AHMAZING.
    Got to level 32, almost lost my fingertips and broke a nail. But was fun while it lasted.

=D
  • ThatssoalexThatssoalex Registered Users 67 Posts
    I'd love to be able to do this but I'm number 3 in my game and I can't seem to even get that many fans. Willow Pape is number one in my game and has been for ages so I don't know if I'll be able to even get past her :(
    iOS K+K and KKH player:
    KKH: Level 31
    K+K: Level 21
    Add me on GC: Thats-So-Alex - I tend to accept all requests just please don't send me requests for games other than KKH & K+K.
    I'd love to be able to do this but I'm number 3 in my game and I can't seem to even get that many fans. Willow Pape is number one in my game and has been for ages so I don't know if I'll be able to even get past her :(

I have a question. Do you also play with friends? Is your GC on?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    SVDW wrote: »
    Well. third rounder here.
    I just GOT to have the 3 dresses, so...

The thing is, after the first comeback, you dont get NOTHING to help your way a little more easily to the top (the comeback gigs are only in the first time).

Also, when you are reaching #1 again, the time you spend trying to surpass those who choose not to do the comeback and prefer to just sit on the #1 stop doing nothing is prolly the most irritating thing that could ever happen in this game.

Otherwise, was amazing. AHMAZING.
    Got to level 32, almost lost my fingertips and broke a nail. But was fun while it lasted.

=D

Ok im not seeing anywhere that youve answered the question on everyone's mind. Does your maximum energy level increase to 40, the way it went from 34 to 37 when we cose Comeback the first time? Thank you so much for helping us with that.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    Yeah your energy will increase
    Sophie
    Got this from another thread. It's confirmed, guys! :)
    SVDW wrote: »
    Actually correcting myself here...
    After the 3rd comeback energy is up to 43!

:)
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    how do you guys burn thru 340 million fans that fast? that's crazy i've been at it for a week and i'm only up to 80 mil
    no i don't have any chill
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    how do you guys burn thru 340 million fans that fast? that's crazy i've been at it for a week and i'm only up to 80 mil

Yeah I also would like to know how people have managed to do the comeback so many times over I've been doing as many parties as possible and I'm only on 50 mil first comeback - I didn't get extra quests after my comeback but that shouldn't matter because you wouldn't get those the second and third time.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Angela55055Angela55055 Registered Users 142 Posts
    I chose to do love guru and I'm partying my way back to the top! It gives me something to do, before I would stay #1 and rarely played the game because there was noting to do. I also hated when I earned fans but they wouldn't go to my total because it was maxed.
    Jay #1 :o:p:cool:
  • RawryRawrRawryRawr Registered Users 227 Posts
    hkaytee wrote: »
    When u decide to do the comeback option a second time does the max energy go to 40 ?

We should! Lol. For starting all over every time we need all the energy we can get LOL.

But anyways, I really like it. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, and if you want to, than you can! :D I'm slowly moving up since I don't really have a lot of good tasks at the moment so it's just slower for me but it's alright, I'm not in any rush ahaha. I do wonder though if, let's say, a C+ is higher on the ranking board than just a regular C and so on or if that doesn't matter..?
    GC: ~ Scotty ~

Add me! :)