Options

Gamecenter problem

gemcartsgemcarts Registered Users 2 Posts
I have the kkh game on my iPod touch, and I'm quite far in it (a list, engaged etc). I now have an iPhone and have signed into gamecenter but when I go onto the kkh game, it makes me start from scratch. How can I link my account?

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Personally, I have seen a lot of problems when people are playing one game from two devices. I have no experience in it. Will you still be playing it on the iPod, or are you moving it over permanently?

If you'll be using both devices....let me pull you to the darkside. Most everyone I know with 2 devices play two seperate games. Sometimes one guy and one girl, personally my two androids are Twin Sisters in my mind. But if you're loving the game, 2 devices is great to amp it up.

So, depending on how you reply, I'll try to steer you in the right direction. In the meantime, read here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?108690-The-Best-Way-to-Save-Transfer-your-Game

Happy Valentines Day, let me know if you need more assistance. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    gemcartsgemcarts Registered Users 2 Posts
    I'm trying to transfer it across, as my iPhone is more accessible for me. Any suggestions? I've tried linking it to Facebook on both but that doesn't help, and gamecenter is doing nothing to help.
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Hi gemcarts! Leave Facebook out of this. It can't do anything for an iDevice game.

Quick questions for you: when you started using the iPhone, did you sign in using the same iTunes account (or maybe it was called an Apple account)? Did you sign in using the same iCloud account? I ask because the vital trifecta is iTunes, iCloud, Gamecenter. If you have all three of these accounts signed in with the identical credentials as your iPod Touch has, you'll automatically be asked if you want to continue on with the iPod Touch's game.

But FiRST you have to do things in the right order.
    1) go back to iPod Touch. Find and record your IDs and passwords for iTunes/Apple, iCloud, and Gamecenter.
    2) go to your iPhone and DELETE its current copy of KKH. To get your game moved with no glitches, a fresh start is necessary.
    3) on the iPhone, log into your three accounts, and make sure the logins are successful.
    4) on the iPhone, re-download KKH. If all went smoothly, it will open and immediately a window will pop-up, asking if you want to use the saved iCloud game or customize a new one. BE VERY CAREFUL HERE. Choose to load the iCloud game of course, or if you customize a new one, the old game will be overwritten and lost FOREVER. Your game only exists right now in the iCloud. Glu has no copy of it saved to retrieve for you!

*i'm not promising you that my procedure will work for you, since people sometimes have glitches in their systems, but this IS a real way to switch games over. The gamecenter and iTunes accounts tell the system exactly who you are, and iCloud stores your game for you (if it's behaving properly). NEVER delete KKH from the first device until you have it working on the second one, or you may lose all of your progress.

I hope this was clear enough. I only spoke up because I have a long history of mucking around, switching my two games between different devices when I needed to. I can totally see that you'd want to play the one game. But as an advertisement for two, here are my two avatars. They're such fun and now I get to see both sets of prizes/wardrobes offered, all the time!

image.jpg1_zpsmr72owt6.jpg

Good luck, my friend!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Good Luck Gemcarts, Luz put is perfectly. Hope you get your game moved seamlessly.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary