~ Apropos of Nuthin'

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
I love General Hospital, and I heard Olivia (from Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, New York) say "Apropos of nuthin' " and I immediately loved it. We've tried other General Chat thread, so I'm going to sticky this one. Feel free to post more of whatever's on your mind. If you're replying to a thread, and notice your last 3 paragraphs have nothing to do with the topic, ask yourself if it goes on any other thread. If not, plop it here.

According to Wikidictionary or something like that, I looked up Apropos of Nothing. It said:
Apropos of nothing
    Without reference to anything.
    Without any apparent reason or purpose.

So, here's you new Chat Thread, complete with Sticky so you don't have to go looking for it.

And Luz, here ya go. We know you're trying to be good during the week, Pictures welcome, along with nonesense and good clean fun. And I promise not to post any pictures of a certain Reality Queen who has an ample rear end, with a huge watermelon underneath her leggings.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134567118

Comments

• Maura AgustinMaura Agustin Registered Users 76 Posts
    My ex boyfriend used to say that phrase jokingly. Wah.
    GC ID: Maura Agustin
    I love gifting those who gift me! Let's exchange!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Oh No. I'm so sorry. Here. Have the worlds first diamond ring made entirely of diamond. Band and all. I hand carved it out of a solid diamond. Think of it as a friendship ring. Only thing is....it can't be resized, if it doesn't fit, diet or gain weight. Whatever works doll.
    diamond-ring.jpg

Oh BTW, you were wonderful in the Dubai Mall Shoot today. I had to change clothes. I was dressed like a street walker compared to you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Hi there!

Because it's so c r a p p y here in New England, and because Koko basically invited people to graffiti her beautiful new lounge, I'm going to post a series of pictures of Hanauma Bay, O'ahu, Hawaii. This was my favorite place to snorkel during our honeymoon a few years back, and I like to think of the place whenever snow soaks through my shoes and makes my socks wet for an entire morning.

The Bay is full of turtles, extremely tame ones, and a fantastic coral reef that you have to be careful not to disturb. You can see it as a dark shadow in the water in some of these pictures. I didn't take these pictures, but I have many like them. Some of them feature my semi-drunk husband illegally touching the turtles' flippers. He was warned by the park rangers repeatedly, but the turtles seemed to be okay with him. He was also warned not to bother the wild mongoose population, even though THEY were bothering us. Hawaii is overrun with food- and goggles-stealing mongoose! Who knew?

If you've never been to Hanauma Bay, you should go. If you live in New England, you should go there right now!! God, get me out of here... <not the forum. New England.>

image.jpg5_zpsuhnov9wo.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsxrwmlbrt.jpg

image.jpg4_zps431tcqcb.jpg

image.jpg2_zps6pheli83.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsmjqc5tp8.jpg

image.jpg1_zpszp9tzdqk.jpg
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

As I was scrolling through my virtual camera roll for Hanauma stuff, I saw this old image that I love.

I was trying out a new photoboth option for my dude, and this picture just cracked me up because he seems to be trying really hard not to stare at Kim's, um, attributes... You know when a guy's trying really hard to keep his eyes up at face level? Nice dress, Kimmie!

image.jpg1_zps7zvayl8v.jpg

Wait a minute. I call glitch. A guy put together this outfit for her. No way would Kim put on those shoes with that dress. She'd wear her go to color NUDE before she'd wear pink. Kanye won't even let North wear anything pink. And she's an adorable little baby girl.

Sigh, I thought my days of fixing wardrobe malfunctions for Kim were over.

ImageK3_zpse9569ce9.jpg

I edited my own post, because, well, my days of posting unflattering pics of Kim, are over. Even if she did happen to leave the house looking that way.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I can never tell which is more mesmerizing, the b o o b s or those b u n s. (Well, you kindly removed the photo, but they WERE mesmerizing buns). Kimmie is a force of nature! My husband doesn't get why I like to pore over her pics, but I can't look away. My husband now, he's the champion of looking like his eyes are up at eye level! Married for years and he still cares about my feelings...

I don't understand photo editing. I think it's really cool that you can so easily preserve the sparkle-spots in those shoes while changing the color! If it's as easy as pressing a button, don't tell me. I'll just go on thinking you're a wizard.

ahh, I've been internet learning photo editing since oh, 10 years this month. lol. or is it 9 years this month? Time flies when you're having fun. lol So you saw that. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Oh Koko I'm blushing!!! My story has a happy ending though- I just got married to someone really cute and so nice to me and more my age November 29! This game is probably destroying our marriage but oh well. Ha!
    I had a blast at the photo shoot and girl you always look good. "Hand hug" (Apropos of nothing what is a hand hug?!?)
    I believe a hand hug is what she offers people in place of a hug, because the possibility of one of her overinflated mammary silicone pillows might pop if she hugs to hard. Morning Dolls. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ha! Love it. But the action of hugging eachother's hand leads me to wonder if she knew that the term "hand shake" has long been used in our culture. Because it seems like it might be the same general action.
    I'm reading this book on all the stuff highly effective people do before 8 am. I'm really soaking the advice in I can tell.
    8 a.m. you say. Hmmm, I might need to read that book. Anyway. I looked up handhug in urbandictionary and it said "A Hand Hug is a unique expression of love. It's different from a regular hug because it just involves using your hand. You can give a Hand Hug to your friends,"

See what a peasant I was? It turns out to be a unique expression of love.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    And here is a pictorial demonstration of the hand hug (and what I do before 8...now 9 am)

65C11B94-1374-4FD7-AC2C-1091DA3EBC22.jpg
    I wouldn't mind this hand hug
    B46314A2-E5A0-439F-81F2-6CD9C64D73FC.png
    I'd need more than a handhug from that one. lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Princess DaisyPrincess Daisy Registered Users 238 Posts
    Kokokokonut- now I can see you in my game;p Nice sailor cap:)
    Thank you so much. Yes, Sailor Cap, sort of fishnet stockings and cowboy boo6e. I'm dressing the way I did when I was 19. lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Nice:) I don't remember what I was wearing when I was 19, only few years ago but...maybe that's good I don't remember:D
    I was hopping on Harleys in miniskirts and leather boots. Lol. Now I just ride ours with my hubby, and I'm I jeans and a jacket. Oh to be young and stupid again. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ask him to give you a present! I hear he's one hell of a gift-giver. I think there was this song...

Ashliejb mentioned Mardi Gras and now these two won't shut up about it! Anybody else ready to party? Geez, I just realized it was yesterday! Ugh! Miserable. Well, to these two, it's still Mardi Gras!

image.jpg1_zpsg4mjbj6h.jpg

(In reality I'm bed-bound with the flu, but spiritually, I'm preparing to get arrested for exposing something indecently! It'll be even more shocking when I do, since I'll be the only one still doing it!)

Oh wow haha:D Not stupid:p
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Ask him to give you a present! I hear he's one hell of a gift-giver. I think there was this song...

Um, if it comes in a box I don't think I want it. And i love that song. oooooooh, Did anyone watch RockStar INXS? Back in 2009 I think. I love this song. For some reason I can't stop singing it today, and believe me. I. Can't. Sing. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    I was hopping on Harleys in miniskirts and leather boots. Lol. Now I just ride ours with my hubby, and I'm I jeans and a jacket. Oh to be young and stupid again. Lol.

I just laughed out loud. I've always had a thing for bikes... from street bikes to Harleys... totally remember my early days rocking a cute lil outfit on the back of some boys crotch rocket and now I realize how totally unacceptable that clothing was for a bike and now the adult me dresses accordingly and moved up to the Harleys... how times have changed. I would love to do 160 mph on the back of a street bike again holding on for dear life but unfortunately the adrenaline junkie in me has calmed down alot. Adrenaline for me now is the rush when there's a K Star sale.
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
    I've never heard that song before! Liked it. I was a bit distracted by the smarmy-lookin' guy in the mustache and coat. Was that Johnny Knoxville or something?

ok, blonde singing is Marty Casey. Half naked dream boat next to him on guitar in Dave Navarro from Janes Addiction, oh yeah, and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Do you mean the guy on the right, the 1st in a row of INXS musicians? Anyway, I can't tell one from the other. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    About the hand hugs, I use them sometimes in my line of real life work! They sort of look like the pics :)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    I do see Casey and Navarro, but towards the end of the song, they kept showing some skeezy guy in the audience. I almost recognized him. Well, it's a minor detail.

Eselletea wrote: »
    About the hand hugs, I use them sometimes in my line of real life work! They sort of look like the pics :)

So, is your line of work something you can describe in a (kinda) family forum? Details please...

• EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Lol yes. I work with individuals with intellectual disabilities (see, totally legit and family friendly!).

I use the hand hugs to demonstrate for clients appropriate physical touch. Some clients are very friendly, affectionate, and love to hug...anyone. Even strangers lol. Not everyone is comfortable with a hug so I like to encourage handshakes as well as "hand hugs" :)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I do see Casey and Navarro, but towards the end of the song, they kept showing some skeezy guy in the audience. I almost recognized him. Well, it's a minor detail.

Ahhh, Kirk Pengilly. Rhythm guitarist for Inxs. I always thought he was a very strange looking guy. Fashions himself with the weird little mustache and beard usually. The band lost a founding member, a Michael Hutchence when he committed suicide in 99 I think. So they had a tv show, an audition for a new lead singer. Great show. Dave Navarro hosted, and Brooke Burke was the Hostess. And so many really talented people were in the finals. Kirk was getting into the song and singing along.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary