~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Ahhh, Kirk Pengilly. Rhythm guitarist for Inxs. I always thought he was a very strange looking guy. Fashions himself with the weird little mustache and beard usually. The band lost a founding member, a Michael Hutchence when he committed suicide in 99 I think. So they had a tv show, an audition for a new lead singer. Great show. Dave Navarro hosted, and Brooke Burke was the Hostess. And so many really talented people were in the finals. Kirk was getting into the song and singing along.

God, I'm pathetic-- I should've known that! I actually saw Michael in one of his last shows, in Hartford Conn. It was a very long time ago, obviously! It was in some terrible venue for concerts, like an auditorium or something. Everybody in the audience was old (maybe older than 30! Gasp!), and nobody was dancing, partly because we were seated in rows of chairs. Poor Michael was a bit of a mess, and got very angry at us lame-o peeps.

So that's why I almost recognized the guy! My mind is a sieve...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Eselletea wrote: »
    Lol yes. I work with individuals with intellectual disabilities (see, totally legit and family friendly!).

I use the hand hugs to demonstrate for clients appropriate physical touch. Some clients are very friendly, affectionate, and love to hug...anyone. Even strangers lol. Not everyone is comfortable with a hug so I like to encourage handshakes as well as "hand hugs" :)

Alright, I learned something today! Handhugs are actually legit, and Eselletea is a hero. My little sister helps autistic kids develop their abilities to their fullest potential, so I can guess how hard your job is!

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    Eselletea, this sounds so rewarding. Selfless career choice, and this is really wonderful of you. Yeah, you made the big mouth over here speachless. Handhugs to you Eselletea.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Awww I don't know about hero, lol but I enjoy my work most of the time. Sounds like your sis and I do the same thing! I tend to enjoy working with that population. It takes patience but it beats retail, which is what I was doing before, ickkkk!
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Eselletea, this sounds so rewarding. Selfless career choice, and this is really wonderful of you. Yeah, you made the big mouth over speachless. Handhugs to you Eselletea.

Aw, thanks so much! *hang hug* ;)
    Eselletea wrote: »
    Awww I don't know about hero, lol but I enjoy my work most of the time. Sounds like your sis and I do the same thing! I tend to enjoy working with that population. It takes patience but it beats retail, which is what I was doing before, ickkkk!

Well, I'm really glad it suits you. So important for those families' lives! Seems like a lot of people find it very fulfilling, though the burn-out rate must be high, too. Both physically and mentally exhausting, I imagine.

And yeah, retail is a special type of hell.

Koko, are you fiddling around? What's going on here? Was somebody besides me wildly off-topic?

Oops is my darn finger hitting a button and now im making sure i didnt lose 2 posts. I didnt know how to hide this thread. Lol. Tell me Doll. Did I wipe out the house in Calabasas thread?I am laughing my head off over here. Mr. coconut comes home so honey what do you do today, he asks . I wiped out Calabasas honey. 'Thats nice dear. Did it cost me anything? " 'No not a dime. "Oh good. Tomorrow you can take Hollywood then."
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    It looks like Calabasas is okay! Control yourself, woman!

Oh thank goodness. I had a little panic. lol. Hey, can you take a screenshot of my new greeting? I'd love to see what it looks like in print. lol.

So, anyone else doing fun greetings?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I do a lot of weird movie quotes. If anyone could guess mine right now I'd be super impressed! ;)
    Oh thank goodness. I had a little panic. lol. Hey, can you take a screenshot of my new greeting? I'd love to see what it looks like in print. lol.

Do you want the shot sent to you, or displayed here in all its glory? I had to pay good money to get you back, remember, so just know how much people care about you!

Edit: Ah, to heck with it! They always say to dig first and get permits later! Let me know, or just take it away, if you want this gone!

bc979c99-6077-4e54-a4ec-3450a0f530a4_zpswcsikkyu.jpg

• Princess DaisyPrincess Daisy Registered Users 238 Posts
    How can I change my greeting?:)
    How can I change my greeting?:)

Hi Princess! Tap on the purple upper left bubble when you're in your closet. Say "no" to using your last twitter message as your greeting, and it'll let you type what you want!

Sorry I didn't get the permit first, Koko! How about I follow this rule: if you contact me via pm, I respond that way, and if you contact me here, I'll respond here! That should put some kind of control on my feeble judgement! :p <hopefully it was you, and not a disgusted MattAdmin, that took the pic...>

But now the truth of your badness was out there for a while-- the people finally know! :cool:

LuzVarias wrote: »
    Hi Princess! Tap on the purple upper left bubble when you're in your closet. Say "no" to using your last twitter message as your greeting, and it'll let you type what you want!

Thank you LuzVarias:D

Screenshot_2015-02-19-12-59-16_zpshtyzusj7.png
    Dear Sassi, you've said it's beautiful where you are... Is there any chance you'd post 1 or 2 pictures of that sometime? I did Google Islamabad once, and saw some beautiful images of architecture and a glowing city at night. What images of the place are meaningful to you?

Or any other KKH friends, too-- if you're someplace that isn't a mess of dirt-encrusted snow, maybe post a pic to help the rest of us be happy?

• SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    I don't know how to post pics here :(
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
    Oh darn, it wasn't me who took the pic down. Yikes. Can you pm it? I have to be honest going between the pms and the posts, yes I should have specified. If you still have the pic, send it in pm? THen I'll change my greeting. I just wanted to see it in print. lol. I mean, it's all the rage now. The KDash sisters had a tv episode about it. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it was just asking when the hygenic maintenance appointments were. In different words. lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    image_zps55627796.jpg

Yay it workeddd

:eek: Oh no, Koko! I'm so sorry! Hope I didn't get you in trouble! I can be such a turkey sometimes! Well, I'll behave better from now on, cut you a break. I'll pm it to you when I'm home again this afternoon! <Waiting for hubby to buy me some anti-nausea stuff at the pharmacy. Afraid I'm gonna lose it in his car while I wait.>

Again, sorry about that, Admins! This great bunch of forum people brings out the most obnoxious in me, but I will seriously take it down a notch! :o:)

Yay Sassi!

Islamabad..

image_zps30de8efd.jpg

image_zps61b9b004.jpg

image_zpsbde3e613.jpg

image_zps74464c1b.jpg

I hate to be THAT girl, but could you give some labels? I love the pics, particularly that open-air monument-looking structure... The large, flat structure on top of a hill, open to the sky. Very nice.

image_zps888146f4.jpg

image_zps9873f450.jpg

image_zpsa36e0c5f.jpg

image_zps8d14dbcf.jpg

Guys, all pictures are off google. I'll go through my IG and FB for some of my own later and then post them up here

Traveling on the cheap-- priceless! Thanks, Sassi!

Jeez my bad. Sorry, Luz. Should've given the labels lol. The one you are asking about is Pakistan Monument. It has four petal like things each for a different state, as we have four. It's atop a hill here in Islamabad.

Sassi wrote: »
    Islamabad..

image_zps30de8efd.jpg

image_zps61b9b004.jpg

image_zpsbde3e613.jpg

image_zps74464c1b.jpg

The first picture is the road to Pir Sohawa. It is a resort 10 km from Islamabad. Second and last pictures are of Pakistan monument. Third one is Prime Ministers Secretariat. His house and offices, etc.