Marriage Glitch-Cannot Marry

HPGal3HPGal3 Registered Users 4 Posts
I divorced my wife, then went on a date with another girl whom I did NOT want to marry, but because she was the next highest relationship the game automatically generated her.

I told her "no" when she proposed, then went on a date with the girl I WANTED to marry, but she didn't ask. So I went back to try the girl I hadn't wanted to marry--she didn't ask either. Ex-wife: no, different dude: no, new person altogether: no. Multiple dates with all of them, I've maxed out 20+ people (including the ones mentioned), and no one's asked again.

It's been several weeks since and I've seen a fair amount of people complain about the same thing, but no one else has recognized this as an actual glitch yet.

Any ideas? That aren't just "try again"? Hopefully?

Notable: I HAVE divorced and remarried in game before, this is just the first (and last, apparently) time I've said no. I have also uninstalled/reinstalled. I don't want to start over completely and lose all of my holiday and special-event clothes.
Prev1

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    So sorry this is happening to you. Maybe other people with a similar experience will share what worked for them. I'm thinking 'perhaps' because you said no, it's making you wait longer? 2 of my games are married, and the third is divorced and aside from this weekend, wasn't dating.

Are these real people or NPCs you're dating? Hopefully (I know you didn't want that word :( ) you can get some help with this, but tbh the daily date with your spouse does get to be tiresome. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SettazSettaz Registered Users 24 Posts
    I'm having this samel issue. I'm maxed out on my girlfriend but it never gives me the option go marry.
    Just a thought, can you toss a date to a new person, and then go back to your girlfriend and see if that works? Have you dated at Mirragio Grande in Vegas? That's where my proposal came. Other than keep dating, maybe someone else will pop in with a working suggestion?

Eta: Realize you said you dated a lot of people, but I thought if you've be exclusively with "Ginny" for a while, tossing in a little strange might jump start Ginny. lol. I'll get coffee, but there is a suggestion in there somewhere.

And with Luz on this too, between the 3 of us, we'll get you engaged again. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I wonder if this would still happen if you dated real friends? Are you already doing that? <Good thought, Koko!>
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• tamara_sdtamara_sd Registered Users 57 Posts
    Same problem here, exactly. Have been married, can't get a proposal now no matter what I try. The only thing I can think of is that I turned down some random guy's proposal that came halfway through the first date. Umm, no thanks! Since then, no proposals anywhere. I had a NPC maxed out on relationship points, and he wouldn't propose. Gifts and dates from me to him all day. No one I am dating calls any more, you know, the "Hey babe" calls to hang out. Nada.
    I got a GC friend to try with me, and now he and I are maxed out. Happy happy cupcakes pouring everywhere. No calls from him to me, no "let's be exclusive," no proposals.
    At this point I think it might be a glitch.
    Game Center: + (tamara) +
    Seeing that other people have the same issue, I submitted a support ticket. I realize also that my problems with no communication from dates came the day the Valentine's feature began. I got the gifts from the character my doll was dating, and that was the last any date ever communicated. Even on dates, they no longer speak. No proposals, no requests for dates, no statements at all. Weird!
    Since you said this happened after the VDay update, and I saw an automatic mini-update today to get rid of the Valentine Bears and candy so I'm wondering if maybe it cleared up?

Just curious, are you able to call that person's game into a restaurant for another date? If you don't see him, then it's possible you left him in a restaurant/club/Napa waiting for a date. Believe me, it's happened to all of us at one point.
    (Right now, I'm scouring the globe trying to remember where one of my dolls is supposed to be, because I put it down and walked away for an hour.) Lol, good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Yep, can call him (or any date) to show up anytime. They just don't initiate conversation ever, on dates or after. They used to all be chatterboxes - red text balloons on dates, phone calls in between :-)
    Ok very weird. Does sound glitchy, But you've put in the ticket, which is good, and maybe the next update will fix it first. In the meantime I have to be honest, when one android game divorced the other, I enjoyed being dateless. I really amassed a lot. All the time energy and money I saved by not dating was great. Then the Valentines Day came, I had to date, ok, My Game feels like a hungover bride in Vegas waking up with a ring on the finger and a stranger in the shower. So relax see what happens, unless you really want the whole wedding thing wait till Glu fixes it. ;) Just my Opinion
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • coco88coco88 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Please add me Coco88 12
    Hi Coco Nice to meet another. lol But if you're looking to play with people you should read here http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?106705-Adding-Friends-amp-The-Benefits
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    I have the same glitch. I was married & divorced. Now I can not marry anyone anymore no matter who i date or how long i date them. sucks
    no i don't have any chill
    Do you show the ring next to the last spouse in Friend Contact list?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Do you show the ring next to the last spouse in Friend Contact list?

I was wondering that, too. Went through my list of All Contacts a couple of times. No rings. Broke up with everyone except my target guy, just to be safe. Still no proposal. We are maxed out on relationship points. That sounds like a glitch, still. No response from Support :-(

He DID start speaking to me again, though. On dates only, no phone calls like before. With maxed out points, he gets to "I love you!" And that's as far as the dialogue goes. Where it used to lead to a proposal if all went well.

Come on, Support Team! Weddings are money-makers, right? Let me spend some of my hard-earned stars in Florence!

EDITED TO ADD:
    Got a PM here from someone from KKH I think? Asking what version and offering to help. When I replied, it failed to go through because the person has PMs blocked. Argh!
    Whoever you are, if you are legit, my version is v2.6.0
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    tamara_sd wrote: »
    Whoever you are, if you are legit, my version is v2.6.0

Was it KK:H_Staff? If so, they are legit. :)
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Was it KK:H_Staff? If so, they are legit. :)

Thank you, yes - that was the username. I was unable to reply as their account doesn't accept PMs. I cut and pasted my reply into my existing support ticket.
    tamara_sd wrote: »
    Thank you, yes - that was the username. I was unable to reply as their account doesn't accept PMs. I cut and pasted my reply into my existing support ticket.

Hmmm. I checked their forum account and it says they should receive PMs. I'll let them know.
    I got a proposal! Not from the person I was stalking...ahem, I mean, DATING, but the glitch seems to be gone!
    Congratulations. They are always working on little glitch fixes and things behind the scenes. And often, you open up and start playing, and 'hey, that broken thing is fixed. We love Glue'. Am I right?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Congratulations. They are always working on little glitch fixes and things behind the scenes. And often, you open up and start playing, and 'hey, that broken thing is fixed. We love Glue'. Am I right?

For sure - and they're super nice about it, too!
    Km having this issue currently, I'm a male so im unable to propose to my partner. Maxed out relationship.
    Only thing I can offer is the advice found in this thread, and others throughout the forum.. It's frustrating, but you just keep dating till it happens. Try dating real people, date someone else to see if that will trigger it. Do a search for Marriage Proposal and read those threads. I know it's very very frustrating, and I'm sorry you're going through this. But much like real life, you just keep dating till it clicks. Do you want to post more details? Have you been married before? Did you have an opportunity to propose but you said no at the time? Are you dating more than one?

I hope this resolves, but tbh, one of my games wouldn't be married if it weren't for the Valentines Day thing, where the game decided my divorcee had to date. I was very happy just playing that game for me, and not worrying about daily dates interrupting my work schedule.

But if you want to marry, keep dating, date different people, don't just do 1 hour dates. Date in different places. So, as a male, you have to propose? Can a guy who has been through the proposal marriage stages post their experiences? As a chick, I'm flying blind.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    honestly i don't remember about proposing since it's been so long. i've had this glitch since october. i've tried eveything reasonable & imaginable to get it to sort it's self out but nothing works. this glitch is nasty!
    no i don't have any chill
    I just assumed since my date, when it's been female or male has done the proposing, that if you were playing a male game dating female games, I assumed the woman you're dating would propose. I didn't see it as a male/female thing but I thought the Game (you) get's proposed to by your date (the other person).
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I just assumed since my date, when it's been female or male has done the proposing, that if you were playing a male game dating female games, I assumed the woman you're dating would propose. I didn't see it as a male/female thing but I thought the Game (you) get's proposed to by your date (the other person).

When I went through with female/female I was proposed to. Can anyone playing as a male confirm?
    gluadmin wrote: »
    When I went through with female/female I was proposed to. Can anyone playing as a male confirm?

When you're a male you're the one to propose. You choose if you want to propose or not.
    wow. I'm surprised. My Android girls were dating, and the one that was the guest did the proposal. And when guys have proposed to my Android girls, the guest proposed. I was about to make a little chart, but we'd have to break it down between iOS and Android. I'd love to understand why some people have a hard time getting engaged and married.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    wow. I'm surprised. My Android girls were dating, and the one that was the guest did the proposal. And when guys have proposed to my Android girls, the guest proposed. I was about to make a little chart, but we'd have to break it down between iOS and Android. I'd love to understand why some people have a hard time getting engaged and married.

For me, I think it's because I didn't do it when I was able to, and ever since that I couldn't propose to anyone.
    So, you've maxed out with contacts? Is it just NPCs or are any player controlled? If you've just been dating NPCs, try dating a real person's character. I'm grasping at straws here, but unfortunately all I can suggest is to keep dating, date different people, different places, I think eventually something will click. Don't give up. Hey, maybe you're the George Clooney type. He had a lot of fun before he clicked with his wife. I'm not being flip, just trying to offer support. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary