Hello i'm new a I've been struggling on how to participate in the forum.

jackiedeazevedojackiedeazevedo Registered Users 18 Posts
Hello, so... I've been trying to figure it out how to add images on the post because I wanted to participate in the "Official suggestion thread. Thanks!

Comments

• LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Hello and welcome!

Here's one way to add images. Other people use imgur to do so without signing up for any type of account, but I haven't tried that yet.

The way I know:

1) First, sign up at Photobucket.com for your own free account. It just takes one second, seriously non-invasive. Find the button to upload a photo from your computer. You can crop, edit...

2) Photobucket.com will provide you with a few types of URLs for each picture, found to the right of the image. Koko advised choosing the one called the Direct Link. Copy the entire link carefully.

3) Come back to the thread of interest and hit "Reply to Thread". Then type:

paste your Direct Link here

4) Then hit the button to post your reply. The and immediately on either side of your pasted link are the magic part. You can't leave any spaces in between the two book-ends and your pasted link.

I don't know much more than this, but feel free to ask any questions! It seems like a whole process to go through, but it's actually a breeze. Now I'm totally used to the quick cycle of upload, copy, type, paste.

Hope this works for you!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Maybe the people who don't use a photobucket account will chime in, too!

• jackiedeazevedojackiedeazevedo Registered Users 18 Posts
    Thank you so much, you are so kind!
    You're very welcome!

One hint I meant to pass on is that I just leave a tab of my safari app open to photobucket all of the time. It doesn't sign me out ever, so I can just save an image to my camera roll, touch that photobucket tab and choose upload, and then I'm off & running quickly.

Have fun!

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hello, so... I've been trying to figure it out how to add images on the post because I wanted to participate in the "Official suggestion thread. Thanks!

Pictures aren't permitted in that thread. I believe they just don't go through. And some of the pics you posted are already in our wardrobes. I think there's a wardrobe request kind of thread, but I'm trying to earn 3 hats. You can look and I'll help ou later. OK :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ClaireInGameClaireInGame Registered Users 258 Posts
    Welcome :). I struggled with posting pics at first too. I just had to play around with photobucket until I found the right button to click to get the "direct link" page to copy it. Just follow luz suggestions it's pretty easy.
    Google + account name : Wolfee1029
    also my brand new Facebook account Shelby Wolfee
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Posting pics in the Official Suggestion thread will not work. You can post pictures in other threads. One device is soooooo behind. Gotta run. ;) If it was more than a posting pic issue, I'd stick around. :) See ya soon I hope.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ClaireInGameClaireInGame Registered Users 258 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    You're very welcome!

One hint I meant to pass on is that I just leave a tab of my safari app open to photobucket all of the time. It doesn't sign me out ever, so I can just save an image to my camera roll, touch that photobucket tab and choose upload, and then I'm off & running quickly.

Have fun!
    ahhh that's how you can do it so quickly. I feel like a spaz sometimes because it takes me so long to post a pic . I find the browser is easier to use than the photobucket app but maybe it's just I'm not clicking on the right buttons
    Google + account name : Wolfee1029
    also my brand new Facebook account Shelby Wolfee
    ahhh that's how you can do it so quickly. I feel like a spaz sometimes because it takes me so long to post a pic . I find the browser is easier to use than the photobucket app but maybe it's just I'm not clicking on the right buttons

Yes, I like the browser much better, myself! When I first really understood that I wouldn't be able to just copy and paste pics here in the normal simple way, I was pretty horrified. The whole procedure seems ridiculously complicated, just to graffiti a few virtual walls! But I can see that storing the pictures would be impossible for Glu's site...