Options

What do you buy to give you an advantage when throwing a party?

MeanStreetMeanStreet Registered Users 4 Posts
Ok everyone knows to buy star outfits and things to make jobs give you one star at the start. Also is true for dates. What can you buy for parties?

Comments

• Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    You have to fill up all 5 purple stars when you throw a party! But inviting guests will help you complete the parties faster.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    If your talking about the bonus heart or star we get when starting dates or events... there isn't one when it comes to parties, or working shifts at Kardash ;)
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I actually *don't* know to wear certain things to increase job rewards.

Before you buy something, it shows the heart or star, but afterward? I cannot remember which ones were 'special' and I am not sure I understand which ones are supposed to increase our revenue.

I just wear something that looks expensive, and make sure to fill any available slots with NPCs or friends, and then, begin.
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    I actually *don't* know to wear certain things to increase job rewards.

Before you buy something, it shows the heart or star, but afterward? I cannot remember which ones were 'special' and I am not sure I understand which ones are supposed to increase our revenue.
    I just wear something that looks expensive, and make sure to fill any available slots with NPCs or friends, and then, begin.
    You don't have to be wearing them, just owning them helps to raise your heart and star totals, and other things can raise them too like owning furniture and cars :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    You don't have to be wearing them, just owning them helps to raise your heart and star totals, and other things can raise them too like owning furniture and cars :)

Thank you! :D
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Thank you! :D
    Np, and don't forget you can always check your current star and heart totals in the wardrobe screen :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    MeanStreetMeanStreet Registered Users 4 Posts
    No one knows the answer I seek. Admin, please close and lock this thread, thank you.
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    MeanStreet wrote: »
    No one knows the answer I seek. Admin, please close and lock this thread, thank you.

The first two people responding to you told you the answer-- there's nothing to give you a head-start star at parties. You can't get one.

This is why everyone loves the Calabasas house so much for parties: you can invite seven guests, so if you only do the Small Talk item over each guest's head, and then just one 3-4 energy task at the end, you've completed a 3 hour party in four minutes. <The total required stars fall down from just doing the Small Talk above each guest's head. It's very efficient. And it only requires you to have 27 energy available when you start the party. That's awesome.>

It kind of makes up for the lack of any head-start star shortcut.

So, you can buy Calabasas to get a star advantage, in effect. Of course, it's not cheap...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    This is why everyone loves the Calabasas house so much for parties: you can invite seven guests, so if you only do the Small Talk item over each guest's head, and then just one 3-4 energy task at the end, you've completed a 3 hour party in four minutes.

Ooh! I didn't realize that.

I have the Calabasas house already - before I added 'friends' I bought all of the houses and pets.

Gonna try this. Thank you.
  • Options

Hmmpphh. We responded quite promptly with the correct answer you are looking for. I don't know what else we can tell you. There is no option to have a bonus star during parties. And Luz explained the best way to go about them ( thanks Luz for typing that, my fingers can't type that one more time... I should copy it to my clip board so I can just paste it any time these type of events go on)!!

• Options
    The rest of us appreciate your helpfulness, Breen and Eselletea!

I was caught by the thought of someone locking up these threads: not just closing them, locking them. Funny thought-- the Mods keeping our ridiculous exchanges under lock & key! Our ramblings must be tightly controlled and preserved for posterity. Love it.

• Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Breen819 wrote: »
    Hmmpphh. We responded quite promptly with the correct answer you are looking for. I don't know what else we can tell you. There is no option to have a bonus star during parties. And Luz explained the best way to go about them ( thanks Luz for typing that, my fingers can't type that one more time... I should copy it to my clip board so I can just paste it any time these type of events go on)!!

Lol Breen! I was thinking the same. Like huh what a snarky response! Tried to help you but you don't believe me?! Lol I'm sure they meant no harm just what I was thinking too. :p
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    hkayteehkaytee Registered Users 116 Posts
    In addition to the Calabasas home ( I saw weekend event and ran out and bought it asap: best decision ever) the private jet helps because after I've completed a party I just fly all over restock my energy and I'm at it again so i get 12 stars from the 3 hour party and 7 stars from talking to each guest making it 19 stars per 3 hour event which I cut down into every half hour or so and that makes it super quick
    Add me GC: AychKT && yakanaTee :)
  • Options
    hkayteehkaytee Registered Users 116 Posts
    If you can't afford the $50,000 mansion there's also the house in Miami with 4 guests. You can do a 3 hour party and u can select the small talk action for each guest and wait 50 mins and small talk again. You'll be getting 20 stars every 50 mins or so
    Add me GC: AychKT && yakanaTee :)
  • Options
    hkaytee wrote: »
    In addition to the Calabasas home ( I saw weekend event and ran out and bought it asap: best decision ever) the private jet helps because after I've completed a party I just fly all over restock my energy and I'm at it again so i get 12 stars from the 3 hour party and 7 stars from talking to each guest making it 19 stars per 3 hour event which I cut down into every half hour or so and that makes it super quick

Best way to go!!

• Options
    ClaireInGameClaireInGame Registered Users 258 Posts
    Wow, exactly what were you looking for? How about another hint?
    Google + account name : Wolfee1029
    also my brand new Facebook account Shelby Wolfee
  • Options
    Once I tried the suggestion about a 3 hour party in the Calabasas house, inviting 7 friends and choosing Small Talk with each one...it was sooo much easier! Thank you.

I chose small talk times seven. Then I had several bolts left and used those up and the party was over.

Before, even using the same house, I had to wait for at least one full energy refill to finish the 3 hour party.

Wish I'd known about this sooner but at least I do now!
  • Options
    I'm so glad it worked for you, PolkaDot. Thanks to the Calabasas routine, party events are by far my favorite!