Old Jobs Lingering Post-update

LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
This may be annoying to bring up again, sorry!, but is there any advice about removing our old, completed jobs that reappeared over the last week?

I still have a completed beach photo shoot that a friend sent me, and the location is locked shut, so there's no way to work through it again, or anything... And I've successfully received the Napa Valley update, of course.

Thanks!
Luz GC: LuzVarias
Stellan GC: lgordon19

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Luz, strange thing for me about this. I had a couple of old gigs hanging on 2 games. One ipad from Sept Update to Sydney, and one from the Sly Sneakers Penthouse Living on an Android. Ok, had to redo them both. Android task finally disappears. Ipad task disappears after I did that again. This morning there were 2 for PopGLam. I went there, it was open, did it. both disappear. ok, great. Went out, came back, they're back again. THen I did some other tasks, and they're gone again. So, if it's you, and it's me (if they come back again, lol) there must be a few others. So we'll look into this again tomorrow? Remind me in the morning if yours are still there. So, so sorry this is happening.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    That sounds good, Koko! Thanks. Sleep well.

Hi Koko!

My old job is still here, clearly gonna be around for the duration. What did you think I should do today, start a ticket? Or just relay my status?

Seems a piddling problem, compared to many. Don't really want to add to the ticket burden...

My old gigs are still gone. So, I would go ahead and submit the ticket. And then go ahead and play the game. Either the phantom gigs will disappear, or Glu will get back to you about it. This way you start the wheels turning. If it clears up fine, if not then you are already in the support loop.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Alright, that's it then. Thanks!

• RawryRawrRawryRawr Registered Users 227 Posts
    I actually just completed a job I got referred to and now the task won't go away lol. >.<
    GC: ~ Scotty ~

Add me! :)
    Yes I started to think that's the issue. I've been taking referred jobs, and they pop up and look just like the one that won't go away. Yeah, mine started again. So, I have to reply to their reply that they can't do anything except have me start the game over. But that was about the one from September. That is gone now, but a new one is there. Mine is for an appearance at the Brittania.

Luz, you still have yours?

RawryRawr, can you screenshot yours? Show the tab saying where your job is, in front of the locked door. Luz, you do the same.

Anyone else with Phantom or Lingering jobs? They sit on our task list, and won't go away. Please describe it in this thread, along with the platform/device. If enough people are experiencing this, maybe we can get a Glitch Inquiry going for it. It's just so annoying.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hey chickie! I'm home sick with the flu, yay...

But I can muck around here, so, silver lining I guess.

Yep, I still have my old job hanging around. I play with iOS on iPad mini. I didn't submit a ticket cuz I'm being a slacker, and thought maybe it'd go away if I did eventually did another legit Punta Mita job. Here's the screen... I'm kinda cringing because a few other kind friends referred me for their jobs, and I accepted, and now I'm pretty sure they won't go anywhere once I finally do them!

c06a3761-468f-4726-ab76-237c5d66c4bf_zpsjcoix8pp.jpg

LingeringGig_zps1fe112de.jpg
    Here's my event. Pretty sure it was a referred job.

Now I'm doing the referred jobs asap. I'm hoping we get bonus points somewhere because we're doing a favor ya know?

I'm so sorry you have the flu but it's very good for me! ;)

ETA: 12 hours later, this pic taken at 11:30PM Take a lookee here!

Boy what a difference 12 hours makes. here's the new Screenshot. Notice - the Lingering locked gig has disappeared, and the 3 gigs in my game all have Simon call options.

LingeringGig23hourslater_zpsf045e106.jpg

oh, good way to see how much richer I am after 12 hours. Had an 8 hour date in Miraggio Grande, so that killed a little over a grand. Up 2000$. Not bad. This game has to buy Florence. Then I need Bubbles the dog. (Bubbles because he's over by the pool deck).

Oh, and I am pretty sure tomorrow morning, the lingering job will be back. Luz, how's your lingering gig going? Still there?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    OK. It's official. The lingering gigs, that were NOT the Penthouse Livin Sneaker thing, are, at least in some cases because of the Refereed jobs. You all saw it was clean. Well today a referred job call came though from a friend I hadn't seen in the game for months. Natch, I said yes. I thought right after, uh oh. Lingering jobs. So, I told myself I was going to do it right after what I was doing. Finished that, another game needed me (ok, I was probably here) Anyway, closed down the game. When I opened up again, of course there were two of the gigs now. Sigh. Ticked off I just started doing it. Me, Screenshot Sally over here, didn't take the screenshot till after the gig was done. I went outside, one notice still there. Door locked. Then I took the screenshot. Aaaaargh. I'll post it in a minute, and I'm sure Glu will help us out here.

For the time being, I'm not referring anyone, and I'm not taking any. Please understand if you refer me and I say no. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hi Koko! My lingering job on the beach hasn't gone anywhere, and I'm not starting the other friend-referred jobs I have, either!

See what happens...

If you already said yes, do them. My problem was shutting the game down and not doing them right away. lol.

I would hate for you to end up with more of them.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    If you already said yes, do them. My problem was shutting the game down and not doing them right away. lol.

I would hate for you to end up with more of them.

Sigh, it's probably already too late! Well, a minor problem. Thanks for the thoughts on fixing it... Hugs to you! Sorry I haven't checked in much over last few days. Work was nuts today in catching-up from a few sick days! Talk more tomorrow!

Yes. Welcome to the club.

Sorry it happened, sometimes they go away for a few days, then another call about a friend referring the job, you say yes. Do the job, and it doesn't go away.

Can you think back RawryRawr? Was this a referred job from a friend?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • shai_loveshai_love Registered Users 36 Posts
    Sorry to reply to this thread so late, but I was on Google trying to find a solution. I had a referred job and now the task won't go away even though I completed the job. It's been at least 2 or 3 days since I did it.
    I picked up another one of the gigs that won't go away yesterday. Again, got the phone call about so and so offering a job. Think is, you don't want to refuse a friend. so with this person, I said yes, and aparently unless you get there right away and do it, the task will linger for some days.

We really have to get this reported, now that we've narrowed down it has to do with referred jobs. It will go away probably within the week, and until this is addressed, don't take a refereed job unless you want to try and go right away. We have no idea if we get extra points or anything for taking a referred job, so just say no for now.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • shai_loveshai_love Registered Users 36 Posts
    I picked up another one of the gigs that won't go away yesterday. Again, got the phone call about so and so offering a job. Think is, you don't want to refuse a friend. so with this person, I said yes, and aparently unless you get there right away and do it, the task will linger for some days.

We really have to get this reported, now that we've narrowed down it has to do with referred jobs. It will go away probably within the week, and until this is addressed, don't take a refereed job unless you want to try and go right away. We have no idea if we get extra points or anything for taking a referred job, so just say no for now.
    So that's why it doesn't go away? I got the call during a photoshoot so that may be why it just never bothered to go away. I know the person who does refer you gets an extra $600 to do so.
    Thanks. I won't be taking them on anymore, at least until it's fixed.