Options

New update - old problem

trangietrangie Registered Users 29 Posts
Hi all, I was one of the unlucky ones that missed out of all most all the quests from the previous update. I tried asking around, waiting for the main quest to show up and even submitted a ticket but nothing helped. My storyline stopped after the Sticky Game for the comeback quest and I only got small gigs from Simon from then on (except for the weekend and valentines events). I was hoping a little that the new update would address this issue and I would be able to catch up again. But no, it seems like the problem keeps persisting for me. After the update, I got the call from the Jenner sisters to attend a photoshoot followed by a party with a promise of some further promotion for their book - but nothing happened after! No new other quests like people here on the forum are talking about, I am back to small gigs from Simon and wandering around aimless. I've tried visit Simon and Maria's office but there is nothing there, no unfinished gigs/date/party. I'm confused and not sure what else I can do - sending a ticket didn't seem to help last time :(

Comments

• Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    trangie wrote: »
    Hi all, I was one of the unlucky ones that missed out of all most all the quests from the previous update. I tried asking around, waiting for the main quest to show up and even submitted a ticket but nothing helped. My storyline stopped after the Sticky Game for the comeback quest and I only got small gigs from Simon from then on (except for the weekend and valentines events). I was hoping a little that the new update would address this issue and I would be able to catch up again. But no, it seems like the problem keeps persisting for me. After the update, I got the call from the Jenner sisters to attend a photoshoot followed by a party with a promise of some further promotion for their book - but nothing happened after! No new other quests like people here on the forum are talking about, I am back to small gigs from Simon and wandering around aimless. I've tried visit Simon and Maria's office but there is nothing there, no unfinished gigs/date/party. I'm confused and not sure what else I can do - sending a ticket didn't seem to help last time :(
    Same here - I still hope I'll get the comeback quests one day. Are we supposed to get other quests after Kylie and Kendals party then? I did that yesterday.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Same here - I still hope I'll get the comeback quests one day. Are we supposed to get other quests after Kylie and Kendals party then? I did that yesterday.

Yes you do. There is plenty of quests to do. Sorry to hear this, ladies. Hopefully you'll get something soon.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Yes you do. There is plenty of quests to do. Sorry to hear this, ladies. Hopefully you'll get something soon.
    Thanks I hope there'll be a magic fix for everyone missing quests sometime. In the meantime you guys will have to tell us whats going on in the other thread! :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    xoxohunnibunnixoxohunnibunni Registered Users 84 Posts
    Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help. My game updated today (hooray!) so I went and bought the house, some of the clothes, etc. I got as far in the quests as the photo shoots with Chad Dylan Parker, then Simon told me to speak to the director(?) of Alienated in Brew Palms. She said she was kinda worried about the movie being a flop so I got to choose between charming my way into her good books or just doing another movie and getting her trust that way. I chose to do another film cos I need more fans. Did that, but now I can't find her anywhere and the goal hasn't gone away. It's been an hour since the feed came out, saying I got x amount fans, and I know I got five stars on the movie...but nothing. Does anyone know what I need to do?
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • Options
    ClaireInGameClaireInGame Registered Users 258 Posts
    Did you go to the party yet? From what I've read here, the game seems to have just stopped for them too afterwards. Must be some kind of glitch?
    Google + account name : Wolfee1029
    also my brand new Facebook account Shelby Wolfee
  • Options
    Sigh... I just want to know what's going on and so far the tech support is a dead-end. Playing a game without any ques is frustrating and I've been waiting for that magic fix for weeks and weeks now :( /sobs
  • Options
    ClaireInGameClaireInGame Registered Users 258 Posts
    Oh I'm so sorry. What were their suggestions?
    Google + account name : Wolfee1029
    also my brand new Facebook account Shelby Wolfee
  • Options
    Oh I'm so sorry. What were their suggestions?
    Nothing I haven't tried before. They suggested checking the internet connection/making sure there are no unfinished job/visiting Simon and Maria's office and nothing worked :( I thought the new update, if not bringing back the quests that I've missed then surely there would be more new ones to carry on, but it's happening again... I was desperate enough to back up my game data to iCloud and re-install the game but it didn't work either. Not sure what else I could do now :'(
  • Options
    StephiieTStephiieT Registered Users 10 Posts
    same thing happened to me for the mobile game. did you go to LAX ->Championship Buisness Centers Inc? where we were doing voice overs for our game?

I had a couple things left to do after that but now I'm stuck after doing the party at Lif for Kendall and Kylie
  • Options
    StephiieT wrote: »
    same thing happened to me for the mobile game. did you go to LAX ->Championship Buisness Centers Inc? where we were doing voice overs for our game?

Yes I've finished that quest completely but there were supposed to be many more quests after Sticky Games and nothing showed up for me.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    StephilleT glad you go tthe Kendall Kylie gig. Kim said something about trying to get their book into a movie. So I'm thinking that will pop up in a bit. That's the stage I'm at, waiting after the party. Hopefully more will open up,

Trangie, what platform are you on? How did you leave off with Glu? If they suggested things, that you tried and didn't work, I'd write them again, using the same issue number, and tell them nothing is working.

If you're Facebook though, that's like a wildcard to me. No idea how that game works, except I do know it nots as stable as the Phont/tablet apps. I'm so sorry you're going through this.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    Same thing happened to me.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • Options
    I'm not there yet, so I can't offer any specific help, the update is less than 24 hours old, so relax, do some parties, some hourly gigs, and I know it's difficult but please try and be a little patient. Minor tweeks and glitches being worked on and slipped into our games constantly.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

Trangie, what platform are you on? How did you leave off with Glu? If they suggested things, that you tried and didn't work, I'd write them again, using the same issue number, and tell them nothing is working.

I'm on iOS and had never had any major issue with the game since I started playing last summer until the Valentines update. Glu's Customer Service told me that if nothing works then maybe I have reached the end of the storyline(!) and suggested that I wait until the next update, which I did and nothing happens anyway. I just wrote them again and hopefully the issue will be acknowledged this time - I just need to know that they are looking into it and I will patiently wait for the fix.
  • Options
    Ok, the best thing to do, and it can be tedious, but when Glu writes to you, always toss the b@ll back to them. lol. Glad you did that. In the end, it will work out. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    And no one say anything about this situation. I never have problems like this one, they show up after the Valentines Day Update. I'm still waiting, but getting hopeless about receive all those gigs. I don't want to do parties and whatever, I just want a fix for this ussue. It's so hard to tell us what is going on? We play this game, we spend real money with this game... Where's the consideration with us? I'm so so so tired of this.
  • Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    ticisss wrote: »
    And no one say anything about this situation. I never have problems like this one, they show up after the Valentines Day Update. I'm still waiting, but getting hopeless about receive all those gigs. I don't want to do parties and whatever, I just want a fix for this ussue. It's so hard to tell us what is going on? We play this game, we spend real money with this game... Where's the consideration with us? I'm so so so tired of this.

Awh, don't lose faith. I'm sure it'll be fixed and you shall be able to enjoy the game once again.
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    xoxohunnibunnixoxohunnibunni Registered Users 84 Posts
    Just realised this was moved here. It didn't say anything about having to do more than one but I did three and it seemed to work okay. Now I'm helping Kendall and Kylie raise $50,000 to save Bruce's antique convertible, and their butts it seems. Yay!
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • Options
    ticisss wrote: »
    I don't want to do parties and whatever, I just want a fix for this ussue. It's so hard to tell us what is going on?
    I understand you completely. Been waiting for way too long without an answer, getting ridiculously sick of throwing parties and what not, without any specific game it seems silly to keep playing but I'm too invested in this game to just quit so I need some explanation of what's going on.

Update: I have been contacted by Glu and they say they will look into it, hopefully it'll work out this time, with or without the old quests.
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Update: I have been contacted by Glu and they say they will look into it, hopefully it'll work out this time, with or without the old quests.

Fingers crossed!
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Update: I have been contacted by Glu and they say they will look into it, hopefully it'll work out this time, with or without the old quests.[/QUOTE]

I hope it goes well!
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed!

Thanks Kate, I'll keep you guys posted :)
  • Options
    So I've just opened the game and got 2 calls: one from Khloe and Kourtney asking me to help with a ****tail/drink party in the Swan Club Hamptons and another with Simon involving choosing between 2 Indian designers to promote their fashion lines. Since I'm also having a weekend quest with Kylie and Kendall I'm not sure if these two additional quests are a part of the storyline or the weekend event, can anyone give me a heads up? If this is a part of the storyline that means Glu is fixing the problem and I can look forward to catching up now :) But if not... oh wells, the more quests the merrier! :D

Edit: I didn't know that a drink could be a bad word LOL XD
  • Options
    moonyuushinmoonyuushin Registered Users 936 Posts
    So I've just opened the game and got 2 calls: one from Khloe and Kourtney asking me to help with a ****tail/drink party in the Swan Club Hamptons and another with Simon involving choosing between 2 Indian designers to promote their fashion lines. Since I'm also having a weekend quest with Kylie and Kendall I'm not sure if these two additional quests are a part of the storyline or the weekend event, can anyone give me a heads up? If this is a part of the storyline that means Glu is fixing the problem and I can look forward to catching up now :) But if not... oh wells, the more quests the merrier! :D

Edit: I didn't know that a drink could be a bad word LOL XD
    Hi trangie, ^^
    These two are just new additional gigs, which means, they will give you extra bonus on pinky stars (I got 58+ bonus) if you manage to complete them in time and with 5 stars requirement. :D
    They are not obligation, you can skip them and do other normal gigs, still gain event points with no problem. ^^

P/s: Ikr, auto-censor can be stupid sometimes =__=;; ahaha
  • Options
    Hi trangie, ^^
    These two are just new additional gigs, which means, they will give you extra bonus on pinky stars (I got 58+ bonus) if you manage to complete them in time and with 5 stars requirement. :D
    They are not obligation, you can skip them and do other normal gigs, still gain event points with no problem. ^^

P/s: Ikr, auto-censor can be stupid sometimes =__=;; ahaha

Ahh... alrights thanks Moon :) I was hoping a bit that they have started fixing the problems :( but that's good too, I haven't had quests lining up like this since forever, it should be fun :D
  • Options
    Ahh... alrights thanks Moon :) I was hoping a bit that they have started fixing the problems :( but that's good too, I haven't had quests lining up like this since forever, it should be fun :D
    You're welcome :D
    And I think Glu already fixed and added the fix to new updates this morning, here is the announcement:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?126906-Malibu-Quest-Stopping-After-Lif-Party/page4
  • Options
    You're welcome :D
    And I think Glu already fixed and added the fix to new updates this morning, here is the announcement:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?126906-Malibu-Quest-Stopping-After-Lif-Party/page4

Ah yes thank you :) So does that mean those additional quests are the ones that I've been missing before? That's what I wanted to ask XD
  • Options
    Ah yes thank you :) So does that mean those additional quests are the ones that I've been missing before? That's what I wanted to ask XD
    Ah, I think now I get your question this time.
    Have you received Simon's call for doing talkshow with Kendall? Also another new one is doing fashion catwalk with Kendall. I believe those are related gigs for this events, I correct this time, not the 2 above, I misunderstood your question a bit. ^^;

P/s: after I finished one, Simon throws me a bunch of other gigs with the 2 girls, like car commercial and mag photoshoot, so stay turned. :D
  • Options
    Ah, I think now I get your question this time.
    Have you received Simon's call for doing photoshoot with Kendall and Kylie? Also another new one is doing fashion catwalk with Kendall. I believe those are related gigs for this events, I correct this time, not the 2 above, I misunderstood your question a bit. ^^;

Yup I'm still waiting for the photoshoot to begin, and I'm guessing the catwalk comes after the photoshoot? I'm glad Glu has fixed the glitch! I've got a lot of catching up to do this time :) Cheers Moon! ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ
  • Options
    Yup I'm still waiting for the photoshoot to begin, and I'm guessing the catwalk comes after the photoshoot? I'm glad Glu has fixed the glitch! I've got a lot of catching up to do this time :) Cheers Moon! ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ
    Awesome!!! (*^ワ^*) I'm glad everything is fixed and worked out for you now. Let's try our best with this event! I'm sure you can complete the reward set in time :D Cheers to our success!(*^ワ^*)