Options

Lost some background music

Starbeans BaristaStarbeans Barista Registered Users 31 Posts
Im on ipad, after the Malibu update some of the locations have their background music muted for no reason. My storage was almost full when I was updating, no sure if that's the reason. Can I fix it some how?
True love begins when nothing is looked for in return :o

Comments

• Options
    xoxohunnibunnixoxohunnibunni Registered Users 84 Posts
    Im on ipad, after the Malibu update some of the locations have their background music muted for no reason. My storage was almost full when I was updating, no sure if that's the reason. Can I fix it some how?

I have this too. I'm on iPad as well, more than enough storage on device. I sent a ticket in to Glu but haven't heard back yet...I thought it was just me! The only places I have background music in is Downtown LA/LAX, Hollywood and Beverly Hills...same as you?
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. Sorry you're going through this. I just check Florence on my iPad, and I've got background music. I've been all over on that device this morning, and recall hearing music in all the usual places.

Please go here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?118762-If-you-are-experiencing-issues-in-KKH-PLEASE-READ Make sure you use the link there to contact Customer Care.

If more people are experiencing this, or if you have constructive suggestions, please post them here. I'm so sorry you're both going through this, when the game is wonky it drives you crazy.

Please note there is a backlog for Customer Care, but they are constantly tweaking the game and fixing issues. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ZepengZepeng Registered Users 53 Posts
    I have this too. I'm on iPad as well, more than enough storage on device. I sent a ticket in to Glu but haven't heard back yet...I thought it was just me! The only places I have background music in is Downtown LA/LAX, Hollywood and Beverly Hills...same as you?

YES! But I also have music in Malibu and a couple of random restaurants, like Oak. But it's silent everywhere else. It just started yesterday, how odd.
    Add me on GC: zepeng
  • Options
    Zepeng wrote: »
    YES! But I also have music in Malibu and a couple of random restaurants, like Oak. But it's silent everywhere else. It just started yesterday, how odd.

Oh yeah, Malibu too. I've found that the restaurants (like Oak and Miraggio Grande) have really quiet music, no matter the volume setting on the device. And then when the music fades out, the background chatter and laughter is really high...
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • Options

Then we are absolutely on the same page, so glad to know that I'm not alone. So basically we have Downtown LA/LAX, Beverly Hills/Malibu, Hollywood, restaurant music of both kind, gigs music.Not even music when u walk in a club or flying through cities.
  • Options
    Then we are absolutely on the same page, so glad to know that I'm not alone. So basically we have Downtown LA/LAX, Beverly Hills/Malibu, Hollywood, restaurant music of both kind, gigs music.Not even music when u walk in a club or flying through cities.

Tbh I miss the music. One of my dogs didn't make a noise when I tapped him either.
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • Options
    Ok, for those who sent in Customer Care Tickets, have you received an acknowledgment? I think I remember it was an auto generated response with an issue or ticket number.

And so far it's only iOS? My iPad has no issues like that. I'm really sorry this is happening. Are your games ok otherwise?
    It does look like it was update related so I'm hoping it's gone with the next update, but they should definitely look into this.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    Same issue here. There's music everywhere on my iPhone though, it's just on my iPad that it's quiet everywhere except for those few places you mentioned (I'm playing the same game on both, so it isn't two different characters and storylines or anything).

But I DO have sound effects, even in the places without music.

Personally, I prefer it this way. Hate the music, but I like having sound effects for tapping on stuff, etc..I've seriously wished forever for the option to have sound effects on/music off.

Now if the music would just shut up everywhere! *fingers crossed*

As long as its not some sign of a bigger problem (I don't know how this stuff works, but I'm guessing/hoping that's unlikely), then I'm more than fine with it.

Can't say I'll mind if Glu doesn't go out of their way to fix this one. :-)
  • Options
    FYI the glitch is fixed, thanks to everyone for bringing up the issue, koko for the advices and most importantly the Glu team that had it fixed.

Plus I got the fix call this weekend so yeah everything was smooth, I'm just too happy that Glu got everything fixed for my device. Sorry for lalaloveyou that you will have to put up with the music once more. (Although I feel like with the music playing in the back I can better remember which place I went to when I was quickly travelling across the globe to visit my pets)
  • Options
    Ok, good news, Glu is aware of this thread, and the other Miami Fix thread, and they'll be working it out.

As far as soundeffects lalaloveyou, Sometimes the tap action can be set separately on a phone. Would that help? If you turn down game music in settings, can you raise the volume on the tap actions?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KK:H_StaffKK:H_Staff Registered Users 57 Posts
    FYI the glitch is fixed, thanks to everyone for bringing up the issue, koko for the advices and most importantly the Glu team that had it fixed.

Plus I got the fix call this weekend so yeah everything was smooth, I'm just too happy that Glu got everything fixed for my device. Sorry for lalaloveyou that you will have to put up with the music once more. (Although I feel like with the music playing in the back I can better remember which place I went to when I was quickly travelling across the globe to visit my pets)

Thanks for the confirmation, Starbeans Barista.

Indeed, we released a fix for this problem this morning. There was a minor blocker preventing some players from downloading the correct audio files with the latest update. We fixed that so all players should now be able to receive the correct audio files.

Thanks for letting us know.
    Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Options
    At first I went back into the game and it wasn't working for me, but then I refreshed it and all is good again. Thank you!
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • Options
    ZepengZepeng Registered Users 53 Posts
    I'm back as well! It was eerily quiet in the land of KKH but all has returned to normal. Now if they could send a fix for my daily gift box issue - I'd be one happy girl ;)
    Add me on GC: zepeng
  • Options
    Have you filled out a Customer Care ticket for that? And, there is always a chance that today will be the day it comes back. My fingers are crossed. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    As far as soundeffects lalaloveyou, Sometimes the tap action can be set separately on a phone. Would that help? If you turn down game music in settings, can you raise the volume on the tap actions?

Not seeing a way to do that, unless I'm missing it somehow. But that's okay, it's not a big deal. :-)
    I do wish they'd have a button for music on/off and a separate one for sound effects on/off, like a lot of games do, but it's just a minor thing, definitely very low on my list of stuff I'd like to see changed. I'll just go back to keeping all the music off. :-)
  • Options
    I'm talking about the general settings on your device, not anything in the game you can set. Sorry if I was unclear. I have a samsung Galaxy phone for example. I go to settings, my device, sound and there I can lower the games audio, but by turning up my tapactive sounds, I raise the sound of the tapping. That's basically the only way to manage your audio settings that I know of. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary