Options

Malibu Lif fix didn't work

beanbootsbeanboots Registered Users 4 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for all your help on this forum and for taking the time to listen and solve all our problems.

I am running into a problem still with the Malibu quests, and today's patch did not fix it.

I am level 27 and playing on iOS version 8.1.3 on iPhone. I elected to do the comeback, and aside from weekend bonuses, haven't gotten any new quests since the comeback option was made available. I have not received a phone call from Kim regarding Malibu, but can travel there, however no one in in Kendall and Kylie's house, although I could buy the house reserved for me. I did the alcohol quest and spread the rumor about Willow.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem, where they should get a call from Kim but have not, and therefore cannot continue to play any of the Malibu update? This weekend's weekend update came through without issue, though.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'm sorry this is still happening. And thanks for starting this. If other people aren't helped by the patch, they'll see this and post. In the mean time, can you go here, http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?118762-If-you-are-experiencing-issues-in-KKH-PLEASE-READ and fill out a Customer Care ticket if nothing else on that page helps?

I'm sure others in the same boat will see this and post. And I am so sorry this is happening. I really hoped no one would have to take my suggestion to start this thread. ;(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i never got "the fix" call from Simon so i guess it didn't work for me. i got the weekend event but that's it and of course Simon's usual gigs. mean while my game on my phone has a TON of quests & jobs.

edit: iOS 7.1.2 ipad mini2 level 31
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    LykkeSkyeLykkeSkye Registered Users 26 Posts
    Level 28, Android 4.4.2 on Samsung Galaxy S3

Never received a "fix" call from Simon. :( I am trying to hold out hope that it may come after this weekend's Kendall Catwalk event...

EDIT: I worked through and won all three of the weekend event items (the earrings, dress, and shoes), and no call from Simon afterwards. Even checking into his and Maria's offices in Hollywood concluded with no new quests.
  • Options
    I've got my fingers crossed. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KkmiaKkmia Registered Users 77 Posts
    Still not getting new quests, hopefully tomorrow when weekend event is over
  • Options
    FrenchBandanaFrenchBandana Registered Users 6 Posts
    Level 28, iPad 2. Received the phone call from Simon but still neve received the movie task for Alienated. I have received the weekend event tasks but that's it.
  • Options
    I notified the guys upstairs of this thread so you're in good hands. Thanks for posting here, and helping identify the problem. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    wildemqwildemq Registered Users 7 Posts
    I am also having this problem. If anyone could link me to the patch and how to install it on my game I would appreciate it.
  • Options
    KarinnoKarinno Registered Users 6 Posts
    I am having this same issue, empty Malibu house, no call from kim, no Kendall and Kylie. I'm on iPad and am level 28.

Hi guys, thanks for all your help on this forum and for taking the time to listen and solve all our problems.

I am running into a problem still with the Malibu quests, and today's patch did not fix it.

I am level 27 and playing on iOS version 8.1.3 on iPhone. I elected to do the comeback, and aside from weekend bonuses, haven't gotten any new quests since the comeback option was made available. I have not received a phone call from Kim regarding Malibu, but can travel there, however no one in in Kendall and Kylie's house, although I could buy the house reserved for me. I did the alcohol quest and spread the rumor about Willow.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem, where they should get a call from Kim but have not, and therefore cannot continue to play any of the Malibu update? This weekend's weekend update came through without issue, though.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi. It was not a patch as in you go pick up the file and run it, it was one of those little fixes that occur when we turn on and it says 'loading' sometimes that's nothing, sometimes it was our games picking up a little tweak or two. Here's what should have happened, straight out of managements post:

'It turns out, a bug in the Excess alcoholic energy drink quest was blocking some players from receiving other quests. If you're in this camp, you will receive a phone call from Simon explaining you won't be working for the company behind Excess any more. Following that call, you should be able to access quests at level 16 and above.'

So, I've notified them of the smaller by comparison group of people who's issues aren't fixed, sent the link of this and one more thread about the fix, and I'm sure we'll either hear something soon, or it will be fixed without fanfare. Hang in, know that we've let them know and they could be working on it as we speak.

Please continue to list the device you're playing on, your level and any other pertinent info. And thanks for your patience, whenever I'm waiting out a glitch but can still play, I just make the cash from the side jobs, throw killer parties for more fans, and breathe a little because I'm not racing toward a goal with a timer. ;) Hope this helps.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Thanks Koko!

My device so far has not received the bug fix:( but I am still holding out hope, these guys are awesome, and I know they will try their hardest.

Again my device is a 4th Generation IPod Touch, I am at level 26. I did receive the weekend events, and their prizes! :)
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    I have been having this problem as well, I had a similar issue here. The last thing I did was spread the rumor about Willow and then the weekend event with Kendall and after that it was back to Simon's jobs. From what I have read around here I missed out on a lot of quests that involve Cassio, Khloe, Kourtney and others. I'm on level 26 and I play on an android Pantech Burst p9070.
  • Options
    KkmiaKkmia Registered Users 77 Posts
    Still having issues with not getting quests. I sent glu an email, and their reply was "as a valued customer your request is being moved to top of the list" or something along the lines of that. Hopefully hear soon
  • Options
    Ok, I heard back, they are looking into the problems in this thread, and the lack of music since the Malibu fix, and just keep playing while we wait for the fix for the fix. So, anyone else with the problem, you can continue to list your device, level etc. Things are easier when you see patterns and similarities. :)

I'm just very happy to report that they're on it. So, if you don't have a job.....throw a party. You get LOTS of fans for 5Star parties, and they are so easy to do. Just invite your people contacts, click on the small talk above their heads, and the party is rocking. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I did hear from them around 11 saying that they are working on it so that is REALLY good news! Yes parties are the way to go, while we wait.

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    kay_obkay_ob Registered Users 1 Posts
    I've had the same problem. The last quest I did was the comeback story doing the mobile game launch. The only calls I'm getting from Simon are for small gigs. No quests. It's been a couple days, and I did get the weekend event and the prizes.

I'm playing on iPhone 4 and I'm on level 25. Glad to hear they're looking into it!!!! :)
  • Options
    Yep @ Kay_ob. I'm just hoping that showering them with genuine praise will help lol.

But they are really good, and I know that they can fix it!

• Options
    I'm going to ask that we just use this thread so people with this problem can get the help needed. There are plenty of threads in General Discussion to just chat. Thanks.

โš˜
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KK:H_StaffKK:H_Staff Registered Users 57 Posts
    Hello

Thanks very much for notifying us. We just released a fix for this issue moments ago.

A bug in the "Bienvenue" quest line was blocking some players from receiving some later quests. If you had some quests blocked, you will now receive a phone call from Simon about a "very lovely bouquet". Following that call, you should be able to access the previously blocked quests in their intended order.

Thanks again to everyone who reported the issue here. Your clear and concise explanations with the key information (your game version, device type, OS version, and a short description of the issue you're seeing) help us solve any issues quickly.

If you experience any other bugs, please let us know as you did here and we'll do our best to fix them rapidly for you.
    Thanks very much for playing! :)
  • Options
    A big thank you to the KK:H_Staff!

I just tried it out and it worked wonderfuly!

• Options
    So just let me check, even if I haven't yet received a phone call or quest regarding Alienated the movie, it will come eventually? I have in the last two days received an OutRAGEous quest and one about toilet paper...
  • Options
    So just let me check, even if I haven't yet received a phone call or quest regarding Alienated the movie, it will come eventually? I have in the last two days received an OutRAGEous quest and one about toilet paper...

Have you been stuck without the Malibu Quests? I did get the tp quest a few days before I got the Kendall/Kylie things. Can you post more about the issue in your game? I hope your issues are over.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Have you been stuck without the Malibu Quests? I did get the tp quest a few days before I got the Kendall/Kylie things. Can you post more about the issue in your game? I hope your issues are over.

I'm level 28, iPad 2. I got the Malibu update and played it as far as the party at Lif. After that I received no further quests for that story. I got the weekend update, the 'fix' phone call from Simon about the alcoholic drink and then the OutRAGEous and toilet tasks. Still no task about the movie.
  • Options
    Ok, so, you did get the phone call. I would just relax, play on and I'm sure you'll get all the quests you've been missing. ;) Hope this helps.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KarinnoKarinno Registered Users 6 Posts
    I was hoping this would fix it but I have still not gotten any calls, nor have I seen Kendall and Kylie. Their house in Malibu is empty. No movie stuff either. I just get the usual simon call about tasks I can do and my husband asking to hangout. That's it. Again, level 28, IPad2.
    Hello

Thanks very much for notifying us. We just released a fix for this issue moments ago.

A bug in the "Bienvenue" quest line was blocking some players from receiving some later quests. If you had some quests blocked, you will now receive a phone call from Simon about a "very lovely bouquet". Following that call, you should be able to access the previously blocked quests in their intended order.

Thanks again to everyone who reported the issue here. Your clear and concise explanations with the key information (your game version, device type, OS version, and a short description of the issue you're seeing) help us solve any issues quickly.

If you experience any other bugs, please let us know as you did here and we'll do our best to fix them rapidly for you.
    Thanks very much for playing! :)
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    STILL no calls from Simon for me either. this is so fustrating.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    Ok, they put the fix through yesterday around 3ish. So, if anyone still hasn't gotten back on track, I'll start a new thread around 3:00, ask everyone to post one more time and then send Glu the thread, explaining these are the leftover problems after the 2nd Miami fix.

I think any changes should certainly come through within 24 hours, and it shows we're not running to them without giving it a fair chance to work.

Sound good? At 3pm, somebody remind me to start the new thread. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    sugar90229sugar90229 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Ok, they put the fix through yesterday around 3ish. So, if anyone still hasn't gotten back on track, I'll start a new thread around 3:00, ask everyone to post one more time and then send Glu the thread, explaining these are the leftover problems after the 2nd Miami fix.

I think any changes should certainly come through within 24 hours, and it shows we're not running to them without giving it a fair chance to work.

Sound good? At 3pm, somebody remind me to start the new thread. :)

I have tried everything and still get no calls or any quest. Just these little filler jobs. I am level 29 and i play on andriod galaxy s5. My app is updated i cleared the cache rebooted my phone and the app and still nothing. I am working on the comeback as well. But im stuck doing this filler jobs dating and throwing parties. Its actually getting pretty boring :-( someone please help.
  • Options
    Ok, I'm starting a new thread in a little while, I'll copy some of these posts over, and then I'll ask others with this continued problem to post there. Glu is definitely trying to get everyone taken care of. The purpose of the new thread is only for those still affected to post with pertinent details, not extraneous comments. I thought we'd give it a day from the fix rolling out, which is another 2 hours. If you're not fixed by then, we'll post the new cry for help. :) Hang in there.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, if you are still experiencing these issues with Malibu and the lack of quests, and the first 2 fixes didn't work, I started a new thread for just listing the details of your game.
    Please go here http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?127346-Malibu-Glitch-2nd-Fix-didn-t-work-List-Details-here and include yourself and your game.

With that, I'm closing this thread, thrilled that so many have been helped, and looking forward to the next fix, to fix it all. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.