Options

Help!! 4 pink stars away from Kendall dress!!

ChlxeChlxe Registered Users 42 Posts
Help! The event closes in 4 hours and I only have 8 hour gigs left and no energy and no kstars. Is there any way I can get free pink stars to complete it? Such a pain!!

Comments

• Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Throw a party, and invite at least four guests. Everytime you do "small talk with guest" over a guest's head, you'll get one of the event's stars to drop down for you immediately. <so, ONLY do those tasks over the guest's heads> You don't even have to finish that party after the four stars are grabbed. So you'll need something like 17-19 energy to do it all... Hope this helps.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Thank you so much
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Luz, it worked with parties this weekend? I was pretty sure that wasn't it. I'm hoping you're right. We have to check this. Anyone?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Should I do a 4 hour party??
  • Options
    You're welcome! Hope you love the dress!

• Options
    Yes it works! You get 2 stars per guest you chat with. Thanks luz
  • Options
    Chlxe wrote: »
    Should I do a 4 hour party??

It doesn't even matter, really. When I needed 5 stars to collect my dress, I started a three hour party in Calabasas, my home of choice. I collected the required stars, put on the dress in excitement, and finished the party to collect the extra fans. You may lose fans if you don't finish it. So, yes, maybe the three hour party is best, if you can fit four guests in your house. If your house doesn't fit four guests, you'll need to wait and get the party stars again in about an hour, when your guests offer you the "small talk" over their heads once again.

• Options
    Yes it works! You get 2 stars per guest you chat with. Thanks luz

Oh that's great! I didn't want to assume that you had already won enough event items to multiply your stars. Glad you did! yay!

• Options
    I'd post a screenie of my dress and earrings but I font know how :p
  • Options
    Hi Koko! Yes, it does work, but it's so low-yield that it's almost pointless, except for the scenario above. You might get one star per party guest per hour, or two, maybe even three if you have enough event clothes already. Of course, if you had all of the event clothes, and threw an eight hour party with seven guests, and harvested a few stars per guest per hour, that might really be worth something. I don't know how high the yield could go, because I never had much event clothing to augment things...

I checked that the tactic worked on Friday, just in case I needed a few stars at the last minute...

• Options
    I'd post a screenie of my dress and earrings but I font know how :p

Well, here's some old text various ways to do it, if you really want to mess around with images. A few people worked on it together.

Koko, maybe there could be a sticky about doing this?

"Koko told me one way to do it.

1) First, sign up at Photobucket.com for your own free account. Find the button to upload a photo from your computer. You can crop, edit...

2) Photobucket.com will provide you with a few types of URLs for each picture, found to the right of the image. Koko advised choosing the one called the Direct Link. Copy the entire link carefully.

3) Come back to this thread and hit "Reply to Thread". Write your blurb introducing yourself. Then type:

paste your Direct Link here

4) Then hit the button to post your reply. The and immediately on either side of your pasted link are the magic part. I think you shouldn't even leave any spaces in between the two book-ends and your pasted link. (Then again, I barely know what I'm doing here!)

Hopefully these instructions are clear enough! I love to see other people's looks... Have fun!

Another Note: In addition to Phogobucket, here are two more alternatives,
    http://imgur.com/ and it is definitely free. Just copy the BBCode (message boards and forums link) and paste here.
    I use http://postimage.org/ which is also free. Once you upload the picture, just use the Hotlink for Forums (1) and paste here.
    But Photobucket is great to edit. from Alkoholiks and LeyshlaGisel. Thanks guys

Note from Koko:
    This is wonderful Luz. I want to put together a bunch of game tutorials like the one you just posted. Then we'll sticky it so everyone can see it. Thank you so much.

And yes, the snippet of code must be right inside the brackets of yourcode"

• Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Do parties work this weekend? If so I can start doing a bunch of 3 hour parties. So much easier than 8 hour jobs.
  • Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Well, here's some old text various ways to do it, if you really want to mess around with images. A few people worked on it together.

Koko, maybe there could be a sticky about doing this?

"Koko told me one way to do it.

1) First, sign up at Photobucket.com for your own free account. Find the button to upload a photo from your computer. You can crop, edit...

2) Photobucket.com will provide you with a few types of URLs for each picture, found to the right of the image. Koko advised choosing the one called the Direct Link. Copy the entire link carefully.

3) Come back to this thread and hit "Reply to Thread". Write your blurb introducing yourself. Then type:

paste your Direct Link here

4) Then hit the button to post your reply. The and immediately on either side of your pasted link are the magic part. I think you shouldn't even leave any spaces in between the two book-ends and your pasted link. (Then again, I barely know what I'm doing here!)

Hopefully these instructions are clear enough! I love to see other people's looks... Have fun!

Another Note: In addition to Phogobucket, here are two more alternatives,
    http://imgur.com/ and it is definitely free. Just copy the BBCode (message boards and forums link) and paste here.
    I use http://postimage.org/ which is also free. Once you upload the picture, just use the Hotlink for Forums (1) and paste here.
    But Photobucket is great to edit. from Alkoholiks and LeyshlaGisel. Thanks guys

Note from Koko:
    This is wonderful Luz. I want to put together a bunch of game tutorials like the one you just posted. Then we'll sticky it so everyone can see it. Thank you so much.

And yes, the snippet of code must be right inside the brackets of yourcode"

The trouble with too many stickys, and they get lost.BUT, I'm trying to put together a Tips and things, and this is one of the saved items. I'll take a look around, and If we can find and existing pointer sticky where it would fit, I'll toss it there in the meantime. :) And there is an invisible bots up by where it says font and size. you find the right little box that says insert image, and it does the code for you.

Oh, and you mean at the parties all you get are the bonus for small talk with friends, or do you get the full like 10 or so for a 3 hour party?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I despise the invisible bots. I no longer even try to use them. Why not make them visible, even if they were small?

• Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Do parties work this weekend? If so I can start doing a bunch of 3 hour parties. So much easier than 8 hour jobs.

They do. But might not be worth much, depending on the amount of event items you have and the size of the house you have. Please read my comment at the top of this page again. I kept editing and adding to it...

• Options
    Quote Koko: "Oh, and you mean at the parties all you get are the bonus for small talk with friends, or do you get the full like 10 or so for a 3 hour party?"

That's a very important point, Koko. You only get the stars from talking to your guests. The parties themselves are worth no stars at the end. Watch out, people! The parties are worthless, except as a means for clicking on "small talk" above guests and getting stars directly from them.

• Options
    Crystalici0us1Crystalici0us1 Registered Users 66 Posts
    THANKS for the party tip Luz! I got the dress for my ipad doll, but I had given up on the dress for my phone doll. After I finished the runway gig with Kendall, I had 176/200 stars, and only 8 hour gigs. Then I saw this thread and started throwing parties. I threw 3 parties and just got the dress! I'm so happy because this is the first time I've ever made it to the dress on any of the events, even though I work my butt off every event.. Next weekend, I am really getting serious! lol
  • Options
    Great News Crystallici0us1. I bet you're rocking that dress. This extra few Stars for parties is great. My eyes are bleary. 3 games with dresses, I'm done. ;) And I'm happy.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm very glad that this made the difference for you, Crystallici0us1! The forum did its job!

Congrats on the dress...

• Options
    ReginaaReginaa Registered Users 58 Posts
    Kendall's gigs were using up too much energy than usual so when I got the dress I decided to just throw 3 hr parties for the shoes. Not only did I get the shoes, I also gained tons of fans from the parties. I went from A+ 130 to 83 in one day!!

I'm probably just gonna throw parties for Kylie's event
  • Options
    Wow, that's awesome, Reginaa! Nice work.

You may find party-throwing obnoxious if you don't have any event clothing yet in order to multiply your star counts per guests, of course. Initially on Friday, I scored seven stars from doing my 3 hour party in five minutes. The time investment was fine, but I'd burned through 27 energy. So, I didn't go nuts partying. It was much more useful once I'd already opened some boxes, done the grinding a bit to score some event prizes.

You're probably saying, DUH!, Reginaa! I'm just making sure I don't mislead anyone else for the future. :D

• Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I got the dress with literally minutes left in the event by throwing parties. I was sooo close but only had 8 hr events. Yay!
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    So glad, Eselletea!

• Options
    Yes, I am very happy with my new dress! lol! How do some of you make it thru all the items?? I see google+ and GC friends wearing the 3rd item by Friday afternoon and I'm always still trying for the gift box at that point, so I'm like W T F?!? I work my butt of every weekend but no matter what I do, I usually never make it to the 3rd item.. Except for the vday event (I was able to get the necklace) and today with the dress. HOW DO YOU DO IT?! I must know...........
  • Options
    Well, the people who have everything by Friday night can only be throwing huge, almost unlimited amounts of Kstars around. It really isn't possible to grind your way through these events unassisted in just 3 or 4 hours. But it takes a lot of Kstars to buy energy over & over. Everybody wants different things from their experience. I choose not to ever buy energy. I like to buy virtual stuff that I'll get to "keep". I enjoy the puzzle of timing and effort.

These events have been especially intense lately, that's for sure. Often, you can have a favorite tactic that allows you to move steadily through the different types of events, but it will take you most of the weekend if you do it on the cheap!

You need to have the jet and a car for things to be truly easier. You can gather energy so quickly if you have them.

-Party event: they just require me to do repeated 3 hour Calabasas parties, with jaunts out to gather up 27 energy in between. I only ever do "small talk with guests" as I put all 7 guests in their spots, then I do the four energy task by the outside patio door, and the party is complete. The parties each take about 5 minutes, so this is a relatively easy event to enjoy.

-Dating event: before Valentines Day, I saved up my money <a lot of money! maybe $30,000?> and I just sat in the Vegas Miraggio for all of my dates. If I was offered a 1 hour, pointless, relatively unrewarding date, I'd cancel the date and come back in 15 minutes. There would be a longer date offered then; I'd noticed that either a 1 hour OR a 8 hour date could be completed using one energy bar at the Miraggio, so I held out for 8's. Of course, the 1 hour date took slightly less energy, but the difference wasn't as large as you'd expect. In the Miraggio, dates cost more, but you use much less energy-- tons of hearts just pour out of each task that you do. It's fabulous. And I'd do the loop of all locations during my 15 minute wait between date offers. That sped that event along for me.

-A Jobs event is beastly because 8 hour events just take some time! And a shorter job just isn't worth too much. I haven't thought of a good way around that, myself. Maybe somebody else will chime in with the answer for this one. But I would do loops to get energy, and finish them in roughly 1.5 hours, maybe. I have to take breaks to be a mom to my kids during that time... The kids really keep me from playing very quickly at all! But you know, I love them and stuff. :p

-It's pathetic, but I'm blanking on the other types of events right now! Hopefully other people will give you some better tips! I should go to bed now.

These are just my ideas. They may not be right for you!

• Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    That was great advice Luz! I have no other advice because I'm stumped on this as well! I think they try to make it challenging so people will play the game more and buy k stars! Nothing wrong with that of course, but I learned to just be happy with what I get for "free" with these events, especially the grinding ones because they are nearly impossible unless you're spending real money or playing 24/7.

My advice is just enjoy the game and play at your own pace :) if you don't get everything from one weekend event there's always another one in a week!
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    Yeah, I just don't have real money like that to spend for kstars and such. Once every couple months I will have an extra $10-$20 that I can throw away for that but usually I can't. I try my hardest to save my kstars and I especially hate spending them on energy, if I do it is rare, like if I am almost at 5 stars for a gig and the gig is over in a few minutes. It also makes it harder for me because on the game on my phone, I don't have the bonus star, so it takes me longer to finish the gigs. I am trying to save my money so I can buy enough things to get the bonus star back, so I go on dates at the Swan cuz it's mostly free. But I actually just got divorced, since I was blowing my husband off to do the gigs this weekend and I didn't want to blow 10 kstars to try to charm him. I don't have the jet or a car. But I still fly around to collect energy, even though I know it's costing me some money, I just haven't been able to save enough kstars to get it. I think next weekend, I will set my alarm and start gigs before bed and wake up every couple of hours to complete them.. maybe that will help? idk, hopefully... lol
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Well these weekend events are just too hard for me to get through. Whenever I need my device someone has the battery drained low. Time to recharge. Then, two or three goes to finish one 8 hour event.

Rinse and repeat.

I won the earrings but that's it.
  • Options
    ^ they are hard to get thru, I agree.