Options

Malibu Glitch - 2nd Fix didn't work - List Details here

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Hi. When the Malibu update came out, it was discovered a number of players were stuck. There was one fix, a phone call from Simon saying forget the Energy Drink. That signaled a fix for the majority of players affected. There will still some suffering, and Just 24 hours ago Glu rolled out a 2nd fix for the Kendal/Kylie/Malibu and other stalled quests. Again, the majority of people were served by this solution.

However, there are still some people affected by this. I know you have posted in other threads, but in this thread we are asking for "clear and concise explanations with the key information (your game version, device type, OS version, and a short description of the issue you're seeing) to help us solve any issues quickly."

So, please state the requested info, and know I'm going to get this thread over to them as soon as we have some data to give them. I'm closing the other thread, and hoping the 3rd time is the charm, as far as this glitch is concerned. ;) Thanks for your help. And remember, this is just for people reporting the details of their game as it pertains to this glitch.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    KarinnoKarinno Registered Users 6 Posts
    I am still having this same issue, empty Malibu house, no call from kim, no movie quest, no Kendall and Kylie. I'm on iPad and am level 28.
  • Options
    beanbootsbeanboots Registered Users 4 Posts
    Still experiencing the problem, too.

Level 27 and playing on an iPhone. I elected to do the comeback, and aside from weekend bonuses, haven't gotten any new quests (aside from standard Simon jobs and weekend updates) since the comeback option was made available. I have not received a phone call from Kim regarding Malibu, but can travel there, however no one in in Kendall and Kylie's house, although I could buy the house reserved for me. I did the alcohol quest and spread the rumor about Willow.
  • Options
    alxalx Registered Users 56 Posts
    Still no So Chic Hamptons quest BUT I got the Kendall and Kylie quests :( iPod Touch (4th Gen) IOS6
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for posting your details here. I'm sure this thread will fill up a bit overnight into tomorrow morning, and then we'll let Glu know, so hopefully it won't be too much longer. Please continue to list your details, platforms etc (look at the first post) so Glu will have everything they need to move forward in solving this.

Thanks again for your patience. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    Level 31 - Ipad mini 2 - iOS 7.0.4

no quests after Lif party. no "fix" calls from Simon. spread the rumor & chose fashion icon

force close app & device resets do nothing
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    kriszellekriszelle Registered Users 46 Posts
    i have the latest game version and I'm an android user. Version 4.2.2. still doesnt have any phone calls from the three sisters
  • Options
    sugar90229sugar90229 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I have the most uodated verison of the game running andriod 5.0 and still nothing :-( just these small filler jobs from simon. Im on level 29.
  • Options
    wildemqwildemq Registered Users 7 Posts
    I still haven't received the Kim call for the Kendall & Kylie quests. I have the recent version of the game, level 27 and playing on a Iphone 6
  • Options
    FrenchBandanaFrenchBandana Registered Users 6 Posts
    iPad 2, level 28. Received the fix call from Simon but I'm still not getting quests. I have a Mach 5 event and that is it. No Alienated movie or anything else.
  • Options
    Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    I am playing on an iPad 2nd generation with the most up to date iOS 8. I have not recieved anything after the lif party. I got a call from kim when I left the party but haven't gotten anything since. No call about the movie, no call from Simon with the "fix".
  • Options
    scrillakimkscrillakimk Registered Users 1 Posts
    im level 25 and play on on facebook but there are no new qwests and my couple status is stuck on 100. Im #21 with 202.5m fans and there are no story lines no dirk nothing just like stupid 1 hours small gigs please help since the malibu update ty
  • Options
    FrenchBandanaFrenchBandana Registered Users 6 Posts
    Well my problem appears to have got worse. As of now I have:

Libation challenge
    All natural hair available in 4 hours
    Love N Lace event available in 24 hours.

EDIT: Just updating his to say that Simon's hourly calls have returned but I'm still not getting all the new quests.
  • Options
    mayasaucemayasauce Registered Users 3 Posts
    ipad mini
    level 28
    iOS8 is up to date
    can visit malibu, but kendall & kylie's house is empty
    only get calls from simon regarding regular gigs. the weekend events work too
    and my couple rating is stuck at 100
  • Options
    mdeeamdeea Registered Users 8 Posts
    I am lvl 28, playing on android 4.4 and I am stuck at the "Performance Anxiety" quest where I need to do a 5 star rating quest. I do receive the regular phone calls from Simon.
  • Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I'm still having issues with the Malibu thing on both games. Level 26 iPad mini, no new Malibu quests after Lif party. Same thing on my iPhone 5s (level 20). I also haven't received So Chic hamptons on my iPhone.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    Any work on this? Still no jenners.
  • Options
    Hi. So sorry this is happening in your game. Management is monitoring this thread and handling the issue.

If you're getting other jobs you can amass a bunch of experience, cash, level points all kinds of things in the meantime. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KK:H_StaffKK:H_Staff Registered Users 57 Posts
    Hi guys,

Thanks again for keeping us informed when you’re having issues.

I’m once again happy to report that we released a fix for this problem a little while ago.

A bug in an older quest line called “Commercial” was blocking some players from getting some quests from the Hamptons and Malibu updates. If you had some quests blocked and are Level 11+, Simon will now offer you a quest called “Meet Victor Milner”. After you complete that quest, you should eventually be offered the previously blocked quests in their intended order.

A big thank you to those who reported the problem here and got us the right information to solve it. If you encounter any more problems, please let us know and we’ll do our best to fix them ASAP. Sorry for your inconvenience and thanks again for all your patience. See you in Malibu! :)
  • Options
    Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    I haven't recieved a call from Simon, should I have gotten the call already? I Have not gotten a Kendall/Kylie quest after the Lif party. I'm on level 27 playing on my iPad 2.
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    So this is the third fix that I seem to have missed out on.

Well I've signed out & deleted the game for a while. If it's doesn't resolve when I re-download I'll probably just delete old Jedi for good. There is no fun in just doing Simon's hourlys. I've played this game since release week and I can honestly say if it had been this boring since the beginning I would have deleted it within a week. I've had many of the known bugs but this is by far the worst.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Hi. I hate to say it, but these fixes aren't working for me, either. I thought the first one did since I suddenly began getting a flood of gigs, but unrelated to Malibu. I was so far behind in the tasks that I assumed I maybe had to work through them to get Simon's call about not working with the Alcohol drink, or whatever that was. Since this weekend's event has made me work through my backlog of gigs, I'm now receiving Simon's calls with choices of random gigs again. So I've realized that the fix isn't going to come through for me, either.

About my game: iOS on an iPad mini, end of level 26, not jailbroken/rooted, paid to sabotage Willow on the beach. I believe I have the latest version of the game, though I'm not sure what that means exactly.

Also I didn't receive a call about Victor Milner. I still haven't had anything happen since the Lif launch party for the book.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Same, no call from simon about anything other than small tasks and no Malibu content.
  • Options
    wildemqwildemq Registered Users 7 Posts
    I still haven't received the quests and I sent a message to customer help but now the game won't even open. I'm playing on a IPhone 6 and am on level 27
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Special gigs stopped coming after the party with Kyliey and Kendall, Simon didn't call me to tell anything about the alcoholic drink, I did chose to sabotage Willow. Only random gigs ever since like March 3rd.
    Ipod Touch 5 Generation, iOS 8.2, Level 31.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    They're working to figure it out as we speak I'm sure. The support and other subforums are monitored, and they do want everyone to be able to enjoy the game. Hang tight, and now they're working on fixing the issues. You're in good hands with KKH and Glu. :)

And if you have this issue make sure you've posted your details (Platform, Device, Level). Thanks for your patience.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    hkayteehkaytee Registered Users 116 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Hi. I hate to say it, but these fixes aren't working for me, either. I thought the first one did since I suddenly began getting a flood of gigs, but unrelated to Malibu. I was so far behind in the tasks that I assumed I maybe had to work through them to get Simon's call about not working with the Alcohol drink, or whatever that was. Since this weekend's event has made me work through my backlog of gigs, I'm now receiving Simon's calls with choices of random gigs again. So I've realized that the fix isn't going to come through for me, either.

About my game: iOS on an iPad mini, end of level 26, not jailbroken/rooted, paid to sabotage Willow on the beach. I believe I have the latest version of the game, though I'm not sure what that means exactly.

Also I didn't receive a call about Victor Milner. I still haven't had anything happen since the Lif launch party for the book.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Same. I thought it was because I had a ton of old quests that I just got but I haven't gotten anything Malibu related. Iphone. Level 31.
    Add me GC: AychKT && yakanaTee :)
  • Options
    elsiehannahelsiehannah Registered Users 7 Posts
    hkaytee wrote: »
    Same. I thought it was because I had a ton of old quests that I just got but I haven't gotten anything Malibu related. Iphone. Level 31.

Glad it's not just me. I have a variety of little quests (pics for tanners, or going to London for appearances), but got nothing after the Lif party. No request for anything Alienated-movie related. Did not ever have a drink-related task canceled (or have it in first place). Level 29, iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2
  • Options
    mayasaucemayasauce Registered Users 3 Posts
    The fix hasn't worked for me either, but I am currently doing the Kendall and Kylie special quests. I chose Kendall and did the party at Tavrn. Never got their original quest though.

iPad mini
    Level 29
    iOS 8.2
  • Options
    gookigooki Registered Users 6 Posts
    same issue no call, no Kendall/Kylie. store in Malibu still locked and no calls. iOS 8.2. iPhone6. version 2.7.0 KKH update