Help to restore game from iCloud

unkn0wnunkn0wn Registered Users 5 Posts
Hi,

After playing the game it suddenly reset and it lost all progress and want me to start over. Luckily the game was stored and saved on my iCloud. But my problem is now, how do I restore the game from iCloud? Because if I open the app it just want me to start all over.
My friend whom are playing the game can still see me in the game with same status as I last played.

I hope you can help and guide me to how restore it from my iCloud.

:)

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    When your game reset, it should have taken you to this screen:
    KKKScreen_zps58979169.jpg

Did it? Did you do any customization? If you get this screen and without customizing hit start, the next screen should have asked for your info, or a little box pops up and asks which data set you want to play with. The fact that your friend sees you as you were is good, I think. So, I'll try and help you figure this out. Did you get to that screen, and what did you do when you got there? (I'm hoping you closed down and came over here and posted. lol) I am so sorry this is happening, threatened with the loss of my game I don't think I'd handle it well. I was uneasy transfering my game over. Before you do anything else, why not go here and read about transferring a game over, maybe there are some helpful tidbits of information that can help you as well. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?108690-The-Best-Way-to-Save-Transfer-your-Game

Again, I'm sorry you're going through this, and hoping you can get the game back. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • HansaHansa Registered Users 26 Posts
    Sir i have a problem to my BGI qccount got reseted to kokokonaut what can i do ? So i can play whit my account
    What is a BGI account? This is Kim Kardashian Hollywood, not Blood & Glory. I'm sorry you have to go to the Blood and Glory Area of the Forum. Sorry I can't help more.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • unkn0wnunkn0wn Registered Users 5 Posts
    My screen look like the picture you've send. I haven't selected start or anything else. I'm just wondering how I can start the game with my backup from iCloud? What do you recommend? :)
    Ok, this is great, or at least has the possiblity of being great. Now, gather all your info. As in Apple ID and Password (the one from your old game) And, let me go grab more info. Don't go anywhere and don't do anything. This screen is wonderful.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    READ THIS ALL THE WAY THROUGH BEFORE DOING ANYTHING :)

Ok, open the game again, (after you make sure you have your Apple Id and the App Store info if this is different from the Apple ID). Click start.

One of two things will happen. either

a box will open up, asking you to choose between 2 data sets. In my case Device A had the lowest level, least money, Stars etc, and under Device B it listed all my stuff and level 28, more stars, more cash.
    And it asks you to choose which Device. Pick the Device setting with your old game info, and then it will load and you wait patiently.

Hopefully the game opens up, you'll be dressed in what you were last wearing, and all your stuff should be there.

OR: If that box doesn't pop up with a choice of 2 devices,

I believe the nest screen will ask for your sign in info. Here is where you would put your Apple ID. And when that goes through your game is hopefully intact.

I did this twice, one Android and one ios when I got new devices, but each time the box with the Device/data choices popped up.

The 2nd possibilty I wrote of, where you have to sign in again, is based on how when we first started, we customized our dolls, and THEN they asked for our apple info to set it up with the cloud. So, by skipping the customization it would stand to reason that the sign in info would be the next screen.

So, I have experience with the first case, and just common sense based on my memory of what happened when we started for the 2nd possiblity.

I can't stress enough, this is just how it went for me. ANd so many people have successfully reloaded their games, that I have to be hopeful. So, if you're comfortable with this advice, my fingers are crossed and I'll wait here to see if it worked for you. If you are unsure, then maybe a search for reloading your game would bring about more suggestions. I can't decide for you.

Good luck, and I'm sending good thoughts your way. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I just clicked start but no boxes came up. It just send me to Luthers store as a new girl. I quickly closed th app again. I have checked the app in the Game Center, and it still shows my points and acheivments from my originally last played. I hope you can help me :(
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    you might want to start a ticket with support.

make sure your icloud is turned on in Settings. also double check that you are signed into your apple id & gamecenter
    no i don't have any chill
    You know, opening and immediately closing like that, might be what established the 'new' device A stats on my games. Because each time when I saw it started over, I shut down freaked out, then I went back in and got the box to pick the old/new data. The ticket is the thing to do now.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?118762-If-you-are-experiencing-issues-in-KKH-PLEASE-READ
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I already did the ticket a few days ago. I just realised that I hadn't log in with my iCloud in my settings but I've done it now. Everything is still saved in my Game Center and iCloud.
    Now that you are logged in, did you try to open the game again? I have to be honest, I'd be so nervous. Whenever you're trying to restore a game it's nailbiting.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I got a new tablet Christmas morning. It took me till 5pm to have the nerve to try and open the game. And I had done this same thing 2 months earlier ipad to newer ipad. It wasn't any easier the 2nd time around.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I tried to open the app again but I'm still in Luthers store :( I think it's because I already clicked start before login into iCloud. I just don't understand how this could happen, I haven't even changed my device it reset itself :( really hoping to get an answer from support soon! I'm afraid to start playing the game in case my earlier storage in iCloud will be reset :(
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    delete the app. reset your device and redownload it. hopefully it will ask you to load from your old save
    no i don't have any chill
    I've been googling around for help, but Alkoholiks' advice sounds solid, and if it does ask, that's what we'd been hoping for since you first saw the start page.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Omg the exact same thing happened to me except it was uninstalled on my iPad. So I redownloaded it and I went to that exact page where it says to start or customize. People said we would get to click on something to load previous game from game center but I didnt. So I searched more and they said some people get that option after clicking start. NO I DIDNT HOLY IM FREAKING. I went immediately to the shop... I checked my game centre and I still have all the achievements so I'm not touching the game yet. Any help?
    PM to add
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Omg the exact same thing happened to me except it was uninstalled on my iPad. So I redownloaded it and I went to that exact page where it says to start or customize. People said we would get to click on something to load previous game from game center but I didnt. So I searched more and they said some people get that option after clicking start. NO I DIDNT HOLY IM FREAKING. I went immediately to the shop... I checked my game centre and I still have all the achievements so I'm not touching the game yet. Any help?

Oh nevermind I SOLVED IT! So just to share in case some of you has the same problems as mine, I'm not sure exactly what happened but this was the following steps I did. I connected my iPad to the computer and made sure that the game was backed up to my iCloud. And I googled for like an hour for resolution but none helped, didn't want to download any iphone file extractor etc. So I braved myself and went back in the game. Then I had a notification pop up asking if I wanted to load saved files hehehehe. Maybe it just takes time or something? Just be patient maybe!
    PM to add
    I'm so glad this happened. Yes, that screen you got asking about which data /files you wanted to load. When I got up this morning and saw your first post, I freaked too. And I know that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you're praying it loads, but being afraid it's all gone
    Then when I read the next post, I am soooooo glad it's back. Yay, happy playing Naimonster. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • shairaaliahshairaaliah Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I am experiencing a problem signing in it says sign into your icloud through system settings. Tho when i check, i am already signed in but the game wont show up on the icloud list of apps in settings. Help
    this is a  5 year old thread, with no action since March 2015.  I am closing this.  I've responded in one of the other threads, Iand  for future reference, when you post an issue, please post once and wait for help.  If none is forthcoming, post again in that thread. Please don't bump old threads.. Good luck and see you in the other thread in FAQ.  Good luck. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.