Options

5 star rating on any film project

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Hi, I've been waiting for about a week, I got this task to get a 5 star rating in a Film, so e the Trilogy can continue. Problem is, I'm never called for a film. So this little thing hangs out on the left of the screen for Film Anxiety, but there is no call button nothing. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what I would tell anyone else, ok, so does anyone else have this problem? Did it go away?

And if anyone replies giving me the link for submitting a Customer Care ticket, well, somebody's going to the corner for a time out. (Probably me, the relaxation would do me good.)
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    moonyuushinmoonyuushin Registered Users 936 Posts
    Hi Koko, could you screen shot the mission detail?
    Cuz I can't imagine/remember what gig it is, I might be able to help if I could realize it. :)
  • Options
    It's part of the Alienator trilogy things. The backer didn't want to commit for the triology till you do a 5Star film. But Simon never called with it, but I thought I finished it. I should look back on the Tweets about me.

8930c990-8082-492e-ac50-3c907e719669_zpssdvom9wb.png
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    It's part of the Alienator trilogy things. The backer didn't want to commit for the triology till you do a 5Star film. But Simon never called with it, but I thought I finished it. I should look back on the Tweets about me.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l497/RoxCoconut/8930c990-8082-492e-ac50-3c907e719669_zpssdvom9wb.png

Ah, I know this one.
    My suggestion is you should finish one of other gigs you're currently having.
    Then (hopefully) Simon will call and offer you usual boring repeated gigs.
    Then look through all the gigs he offers, pick a gig related to shooting real movie or short film in Raja New Delhi or Hollywood.
    Not commercial TV ads cuz those won't count.
    Have 5-star rating on that gig then this mission should be done and will go away ^^
    Try it Koko, I promise this will work :D
  • Options
    Oh Moony, you are so dear. Yes. If I take a gig relating to film, it will clear.So I should wait for Simon to call, and then pick a film gig from the jobs he offers? In my original post, I said I need to do a film project and Simon is not calling me with any.
    I do appreciate your help, but can we use this as a learning experience, myself included, to read and comprehend the given info, before trying to fix it. So, you asked for a screenshot, I provided it, it showed what I said the problem was, then you told me the way to make it go away was to do it. Take a film job from Simon. Really? I hate wasting time. I have none to spare,
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    As I see in your screen shot there is another gig in 40 min?
    I think you need to finish it 1st, only then Simon will call.
    This mission isn't a separate, particular gig with plot, it's more like a requirement to test acting ability before getting real next main gigs. That's why it has no calling button. You have to "make" Simon call you after you have nothing left to do.
  • Options
    My screen has been empty quite a few times during the week. So that's not really going to eliminate it. I'll keep waiting and maybe if someone else has had this happen...they will post here. :) Thanks for your help moony.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I just based on the screenshot so I thought you still had some gigs needed to be done.
    So your goal list is totally empty now and Simon still doesn't call? (Cuz whenever I'm done with a normal gig he will always call.) If so then it must be a glitch. Because yes, to pass this, you have to take a movie shooting gig from Simon.
    Sorry if I couldn't help much.
  • Options
    I'm closing this. And smacking my head against the wall.

Reopened because reinforcements arrived, but tbh a week long task hanging around isn't very long at all. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Simon doesn't always offer movie gigs, they're kinda rare to get but I'm sure you can get one after telling him to re-find new gigs.
  • Options
    KK:H_StaffKK:H_Staff Registered Users 57 Posts
    Hi Koko,

Indeed moonyuushin's advice is correct:

Wait until Simon calls with some random job proposals -- the purple to-do tab at the top left of the screen (he automatically calls once an hour as long as you are not currently doing any other jobs) and then take any one of those random jobs that's a film project. If he is not offering any film projects amongst his next call, just decline all and wait until he calls back with others. Keep doing this until he offers a film project and then accept that one.

Sorry you are having difficulty with that one. It might take a little while in your case, but for the next version (coming soon ;) ) we'll make Simon's film job offers more frequent at that stage.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but I could have sworn I posted twice that I am not being offered film jobs. I can't take an offer I am not being offered. I've had the only other thing showing is Simon will call shortly. Having done all other tasks, having tasks to do.....doesn't make a difference. I am not being offered the film things. Taking others, no problem.

Also, I checked my recent PopFlix headlines, and I'm pretty sure the Jackson Family was a film project, and another one, but the Film Anxiety task hasn't checked off.

ETA: Yes, first two posts of mine said I wasn't getting film gigs. This has been about a week. I do my jobs, empty the screen except for that, send Simon for new gigs, but I'm not getting any film gigs. My frustration comes, from saying I'm not getting film but it must be me, because no else pics that up.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KK:H_Staff wrote: »
    Hi Koko,

Indeed moonyuushin's advice is correct:

Wait until Simon calls with some random job proposals -- the purple to-do tab at the top left of the screen (he automatically calls once an hour as long as you are not currently doing any other jobs) and then take any one of those random jobs that's a film project. If he is not offering any film projects amongst his next call, just decline all and wait until he calls back with others. Keep doing this until he offers a film project and then accept that one.

Sorry you are having difficulty with that one. It might take a little while in your case, but for the next version (coming soon ;) ) we'll make Simon's film job offers more frequent at that stage.

Thanks, you can believe I'm taking the next film thing that comes my way. :)

ETA: reading the sequence of posts it appears I'm responding to one post while I'm actually replying to another. But thanks, I'll watch for either an update or a film job. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    xoxohunnibunnixoxohunnibunni Registered Users 84 Posts
    I had this same problem. I know it says one on screen, but I did three and she was happy with it. They are quite rare to come by so I hate saying this but patience is key. Hopefully it works out for you!
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • Options
    Actually, I think they fixed it. First thing this morning, a film was offered in a side gig, and I jumped on it. Thanks Glu. ;)

Is yours still there? I thought it was a past issue for you, but now I see you never said that.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RomildeeeRomildeee Registered Users 10 Posts
    Ok so it says that I need to have a 5 star rating on any film project, but I have done this many times in India and Hollywood. But it just doesn't go away, I mean a tv-commercial is a film project? I keep choosing the mirimount gigs when Simon offers me 4 gigs.... I'm an A+++ number 1 in level 28 so I don't get gigs often. Simon gives me the standard gigs I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
  • Options
    I just had this. For a week I was only getting commercials or tv shows as far as the studios in miramount or New Delhi. It was called Film Anxiety. Yesterday morning I got a call from Simon with his regular side gigs, and there was a 8 hour gig for a Film in New Delhi. I took it, and the bar for the film project disappeared.

I'm moving this over to that thread. Just try to be patient, and you'll see KKH_staff's response to me. The tv shows and commercials won't work. It has to be a film, and if you just keep looking in Simon's side gigs, one will pop up for you. Keep us posted.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary