Weekend Event 3/13

Comments

• Princess DaisyPrincess Daisy Registered Users 238 Posts
    Haha, correctly dear, just like they're meant to be worn exclusively for tacky contest.

And when I mean tacky, yesh, here's how tacky it is:

ehhn7.jpg

Looks like some creepy uncle next door....

Yeah it's tacky:P Look at this:
    Screenshot_2015-03-13-11-19-11_zpssjolxfwc.png
  • moonyuushinmoonyuushin Registered Users 936 Posts
    I am kind of surprised they didn't continue with the tacky theme and include some green leprechaun shoes. ;)
    OMG yes pls I love your idea XDDD ROFL

Yeah it's tacky:P Look at this:
    Screenshot_2015-03-13-11-19-11_zpssjolxfwc.png

Gosh look at that ruffy fluffy thingy around your neck. I want it!!! XD And the funky glasses too. Why guys dun have those awesome tackinessssss???
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts

Hey, anyone seen Noona today? Luz is probably working.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I think she's offline too, Koko.
    Are you still busy with the T-contest?
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Hi All,

Ok, I finished these 2 events earlier TODAY (both were 3hrs) and was wondering were my new fans were. I checked my feed and noticed the time had passed since they should have been posted.

Today is Friday March 13th and the current time is 12:14pm (EST)

Check out the date and time of when the 2 events should have posted. Has this happened to anyone else?

PhotoGrid_1426262500939_zps8pwuiayc.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    Are you at Max number of fans?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Are you at Max number of fans?

No, here's a wider shot...

PhotoGrid_1426263901891_zpsjfiqtmk9.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    I think she's offline too, Koko.
    Are you still busy with the T-contest?

I'm trying. But it's hard. How can I play, and be here, and make fun graphics for the enjoyment of the game. I haven't gotten an 'event item' in a gift box since Christmas. I haven't finished an event since my name turned blue.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    No, here's a wider shot...

Oh, that's the teaser headline. WHen they post the pics at nearly midnight your fans increase
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm trying. But it's hard. How can I play, and be here, and make fun graphics for the enjoyment of the game. I haven't gotten an 'event item' in a gift box since Christmas. I haven't finished an event since my name turned blue.
    Aw I knew it......do you need my help? I'll have some time off later after my design project.
    You did a lot for us yet no time for your own game. :(
    You could PM me later and I'll see what else I can do for the contest.
  • mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    Today my little dog won a Birkin bag for me:D Not k-stars but I'm happy anyway:)
    Screenshot_2015-03-13-15-45-05_zpsvdzbkz3v.png

Lucky girl! I'm jealous!

Those of you with just 8 hour Simon gigs, here's my strategy because I'm in the same boat.

Start an 8 hour gig and go back to it once an hour to use the bubble from your invited friend. This fills the meter faster. In the meantime, I throw parties at Calabasas. It's not as effective until you get the shoes (and start getting 2 shamrocks a guest), but you get 7 shamrocks for one energy bar and a ton of fans. After you use all the friend bubbles at the gig, it shouldn't take too much energy to finish off and get your shamrocks there.

Disclaimer... I have one star filled at the beginning of the gig so it does make it a bit easier.

Using this strategy I've finished all the events lately. And we do have 5 days for this one, not 3 as usual. So while 700 shamrocks seems like a lot, we have extra time.
    GC: redsoxxygal
    Aw I knew it......do you need my help? I'll have some time off later after my design project.
    You did a lot for us yet no time for your own game. :(
    You could PM me later and I'll see what else I can do for the contest.

Ok you are such a Doll, if you want you can write 'blurbs' for the ones I haven't received. Or, you want to make it like a Roast, but I'll do you. ;) You think, and I'll think and I'll get back to you. You're a sweeite. ;) And I can probably do the shoes x 3 but I wouldn't be so annoyed if I had a chance and didn't select the item to HELP YOU EARN the prizes. But there was no chance. And, after earning one chance at the box, I then spent 80Stars trying to get something that no one could get, because it wasn't there. Your computer wants to stack a template with 3, 4 bonus event items, no problem. But write the action so that it's One Event Bonus item and then 7 wild. This way I can keep handing out awesome advice to people who have cousins on a cruise ship who had a problem with the Malibu update before they left shore.:cool:
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, you can write 'blurbs' for the ones I haven't done. Let me think and I'll get back to you. You're a sweeite. ;) And I can probably do the shoes x 3 but I wouldn't be so annoyed if I had a chance and didn't select the item to HELP YOU EARN the prizes. But there was no chance. And, after earning one chance at the box, I then spent 80Stars trying to get something that no one could get, because it wasn't there. Your computer wants to stack a template with 3, 4 bonus event items, no problem. But write the action so that it's One Event Bonus item and then 7 wild. This way I can keep handing out awesome advice to people who have cousins on a cruise ship who had a problem with the Malibu update before they left shore.:cool:

Ahaha...Koko u sure know I'm no good with my writing or my YOLO, non standard English, in case I write sth wrong/inappropriate/unlike what they want then they will BBQ me for god's sake,lol.

But I'll be staying in my workshop so I can help you with the graphic design part if there's sth still needed to be done. :D
    Just PM whenever you have time, no rush ^^
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Hi Koko! Sorry everything's a bit overwhelming right now!

Part of the problem is your high standards-- if I'd been the judge of the tacky contest, I'd have been handing out Marshmallow Peeps for prizes, and the winners would have been the people who pm'd me with the most awesome compliments about my stellar personality & staggering intellect! I'm terrible, but that's how I roll.

Thanks for working so hard and wanting such nice things for the forum! If you're still trying to write blurbs this evening, maybe I can help too! PM me later this afternoon if I could be of use...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Aww, you two guys are the best. Did you like my Godfather reference there? heh heh. I'm shooting for the shoes. again. But will someone PLEASE smack me upside the head next week before the event? Gift boxes to me are like shell games on the corner or 43rd and Third. I'm going to forward you what I just sent Moony. Hey, we're like the 3 Wisemen in this. oh, and today of all days the coffee irritates me. So I grabbed a gingerale, shook the poo out of it, and that finally stopped the burpies. OMG. I wasted 2 doggies today. ANd that makes me very sad.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    for those of you who don't like the idea of being a sloppy drunk, if you challenge Dirk or Wilow and call them out on just having been in rehab they will change the challenge to autograph signing instead of drinking. which is cool especially for younger players that play this game!
    no i don't have any chill
    That's really good to know. I called out willow about being in rehab when we were talking on the street. does that mean even though it says that I'm going to be drinking I'm going to be doing autographs? you know what I guess I'll find out when I find out happy Saint Patrick's Day
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    for those of you who don't like the idea of being a sloppy drunk, if you challenge Dirk or Wilow and call them out on just having been in rehab they will change the challenge to autograph signing instead of drinking. which is cool especially for younger players that play this game!

Woah This is such great news, everyone should notice this!!! ^^^^^^^^
    Thank you so much for your updated info Alkoholiks, that's very considerate of you :D

P/s: Oh hello there new avatar, I've just noticed, how cool XD
    I will say, since there are 4 days, and I think Layshla said the dress is 700, and since it's cumulative this time again (YAY) 700 divided by 4 175 per day? (I am horrific at any type of math. See Appendix scar) That might be doable. Let's see what I'm on now...53. hmmm. Mama's getting up in the middle of the night tonight. And tomorrow. And Sunday. OMG, and agita after one cup of coffee. YIKES
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    LOL Koko XD
    I dunno whether this is randomized or not but all the 4 drinking gigs I did, each gave me 50-60+ bonus shamrocks :D
    So I think you will probably make it in time for all rewards :D
    OMG. One device gets it in 3 hours. I have to go check to make sure the phone is slated for this. She's late to everything. UGH Oh, and I could kiss you for this.....unless I won't get as many because I have no bonus event gifts? :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Bonus event gifts? Them green gift boxes?
    Urh...sorry I dun really get it...? Could you explain to me?
    Cuz I didn't see they affect my bonus shamrocks at all.
    Or you need more energy from the gift boxes? OWO; Just kidding lol

Anyways, since men & women reward progress bars are similar, here is my list for this event:
    1st reward: 25 shamrocks
    2nd reward: 150 shamrocks
    3rd reward: 300 shamrocks
    4th reward: 700 shamrocks

And screw them greeny lil gift boxes, I hate 'em...
  • Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    Ahhh. These boxes NEVER work for me. There wasn't even a single St. Patrick's Day item in there. Or STARS! Only energy and cash. How is this even fair? Idk really kinda bummed bc the same thing has been happening every weekend. There is only money or energy. So even if I bought all the boxes I wouldn't have gotten any of it. And now I see that 25 cent ring is 150 shamrocks? And heard the dress is
    700? I know we have four days but still... that's alot and I'm a little discouraged. Really needed to vent. Sorry guys. I'm just gonna concentrate on getting the 15 Stars from Willow. > sad face < was REALLY looking forward to more. And some people have EVERYTHING already. Jeesh. Sorry for whining it just seems a littke ridiculous.
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
    Moony, you were saying the Drink and other special tasks (not near the games to check the names) were giving 60 Shamrocks. I asked if you needed to have worn the green boa, the green hat, the green shades to earn the 60 Shamrocks.

Does that make it clear? Trying to find out if it's 60 Stars or 15 if you have none of the green box bonus items. Not talking bout cash, or stars, or energy, or things not part of the St Patricks Day Green Party items.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Breen819 wrote: »
    Ahhh. These boxes NEVER work for me. There wasn't even a single St. Patrick's Day item in there. Or STARS! Only energy and cash. How is this even fair? Idk really kinda bummed bc the same thing has been happening every weekend. There is only money or energy. So even if I bought all the boxes I wouldn't have gotten any of it. And now I see that 25 cent ring is 150 shamrocks? And heard the dress is
    700? I know we have four days but still... that's alot and I'm a little discouraged. Really needed to vent. Sorry guys. I'm just gonna concentrate on getting the 15 Stars from Willow. > sad face < was REALLY looking forward to more. And some people have EVERYTHING already. Jeesh. Sorry for whining it just seems a littke ridiculous.

It's ok to release some stress, Breenie.
    This event is actually longer that those previous ones, 4 days, though I can see the requirement rises up too lol...
    And seriously those boxes always cost me kstars whether I want to or nope. Like some (un)lucky draws, can't never tell till you open it.
    I often have to try many times. Lucky enough: 3 times, bad omen: 5-8 times.
    The current bonus shamrocks for normal gigs: 20-30+ (8h gigs) and 12-18+ (3h gigs)
    For event gigs: 50-60+
    So I think you can still manage to get by just doing normal gigs if you can't do the event ones.
    Forget about the gift boxes then, they ain't worth it.
    Moony, you were saying the Drink and other special tasks (not near the games to check the names) were giving 60 Shamrocks. I asked if you needed to have worn the green boa, the green hat, the green shades to earn the 60 Shamrocks.

Does that make it clear? Trying to find out if it's 60 Stars or 15 if you have none of the green box bonus items. Not talking bout cash, or stars, or energy, or things not part of the St Patricks Day Green Party items.
    Oh I think you misunderstood my idea a bit ^^;

60 shamrocks, as I said, is a bonus part of your finished event gig reward: fans+exp+shamrock+bonus 60 shamrocks.
    And this amount of shamrocks can be random. I got 60 bonus but my friend said she only got 54 bonus, though we both had 5star rating.

The green hat+shade+boa are all items in the gift boxes, not in the main rewards.
    If you want them then have to pay 40kstars for boxes again, which I dun recommend....

And those 3 items will not change/affect any bonus shamrocks you earn from doing event gigs or normal gigs. They are just gift box items, nothing more than that. I got a dumb green hat and weird shamrock scarf as gift box items and my bonus points still stayed the same. (already tested before and after effect, with 2 normal gigs)
    It's ok to release some stress, Breenie.
    This event is actually longer that those previous ones, 4 days, though I can see the requirement rises up too lol...
    And seriously those boxes always costs me kstars whether I want to or nope. Like some (un)lucky draws, can't never tell till you open it.
    I often have to try many times. Lucky enough: 3 times, bad omen: 5-8 times.
    The current bonus shamrocks for normal gigs: 20-30+
    For event gigs: 50-60+
    So I think you can still manage to get by just doing normal gigs if you can't do the event ones.
    Forget about the gift boxes then, they ain't worth it.

Especially when you get shoes you already owned. That's what I got today.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Especially when you get shoes you already owned. That's what I got today.
    Woah that's new to me. I mean, I've never got anything twice/double from gift boxes before OwO;
  • FantinFantin Registered Users 4 Posts
    Do you also get shamrocks from parties during this event or just gigs?
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Hi ya peeps!
    I laughed when I saw that Koko asked about me, I think I post too much so when I haven't posted anything in atleast 2 1/2 to 3 hours, it comes up as something bein fishy. :p

My power went out this morning (UNANNOUCED!!) ggrrrr:mad:, darn you electric workers:mad: and it stayed out almost the whole day, I just got it back 40 mins ago. I also got a lil sick which caused me to sleep away half the day, lol. So other than that I am pretty good, jus a lil cranky:p

Also if ya need any help Koko, feel free to PM(even tho idk how I could help) jus thought I mention that :)
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!