Weekend Event 3/13

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Hi ya peeps!
    I laughed when I saw that Koko asked about me, I think I post too much so when I haven't posted anything in atleast 2 1/2 to 3 hours, it comes up as something bein fishy. :p

My power went out this morning (UNANNOUCED!!) ggrrrr:mad:, darn you electric workers:mad: and it stayed out almost the whole day, I just got it back 40 mins ago. I also got a lil sick which caused me to sleep away half the day, lol. So other than that I am pretty good, jus a lil cranky:p

Also if ya need any help Koko, feel free to PM(even tho idk how I could help) jus thought I mention that :)

Ahh, Fishy? No, I'm used to seeing you all around, and when the event hit, and you were nowhere, I thought your were into it too deep and might need help. lol. And see? i was right to think something was wrong. Darn electric company.

Actually, I have what I call useless ESP. So things just pop into my head, I never know if it's important or useless, until something happens. Once, I was talking to a stranger on a phone, I heard a woman laugh and I just said "Is that your wife standing on the step stool?" Guy had heard me boast of my useless esp before, so he said "You really are psychic" I thought maybe I had insight into the whole room because he had me on speaker. But yeah, I'm thinkin you just popped into my head at that point. Glad you're back.

I think Me and Moony have a plan, so sit tight and I'm working on things as we speak. Oh, better get back to the graphic window. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Lol, useless ESP, well you were right! That is oddly cool how you guessed what was going on over the phone.

Thanks anyway and I'm sitting on my hands waitin for the action to begin! Can't wait.
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
    Aww, see I'm working behind the scenes, in between trying to earn 2100 shamrocks in 4 days. 700 x 3 games. lol. Now I have to look up what happened in the drink off. I have 2 drinks and it's over? I'm still doing th bigger gig, but that was lackluster.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I'm glad the event lasts a little longer! Although it seems to be huge, 700 shamrocks? Whew! And I'm working another Saturday double shift irl, but I did manage to get some things last weekend so I've got PMA. :)

Good luck everyone!

Edit: so I got the first gift boxes on both characters, Jesse got 40 energy and there was no options for the special items. Shae had the boa and hat in her boxes but I picked that awful, hideous hair...dang! I knew I was gonna get that bad rug eventually lol
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    I have no bonus items... I'm getting 30 Shamrocks for Willows event thing, those gigs are LONG, only got 7 for a 3 hr party in Calabasas, got 12 for regular old 3 hr gig and 20 for an 8 hr. So those are my totals without the bonus. Just letting y'all know. This is one event I probably won't be able to get everything. I don't have unlimited Stars and I have tonsn of real life stuff this weekend. Just gonna focus on getting my 15 Stars from Willow and anything else I receive will be an added bonus for me ;) make the best of everything!
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    Aww, see I'm working behind the scenes, in between trying to earn 2100 shamrocks in 4 days. 700 x 3 games. lol. Now I have to look up what happened in the drink off. I have 2 drinks and it's over? I'm still doing th bigger gig, but that was lackluster.

What's the bigger gig you speak of? I thought it was just the 4 gigs with Willow? For this weekend anyways... I'm in the middle of a bunch of quests so I'm not sure what else pertains to this weekends event besides out drinking Willow... which seems to be pretty easy besides the fact that it takes forever...
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • ClaireInGameClaireInGame Registered Users 258 Posts
    Ok, I don't know why, but I totally forgot the gift boxes are a big waste. Just opened 3 boxes, ok, after last time not getting one special item in 6 earned boxes, did kind of tick me off, so I earned a box, and I bought the other two. Of course no special events for me. But when they all opened, there was not one special item to BUY. I just may be outta here Not in the mood for this.

I agree, what a waste, I bought 5 boxes and I got that green boa, that single braid hairstyle, a black shirt, 40 Kstars, and a dress. Oh wait, that's not so bad after sll :p.
    Alas, I only one special item and I know I'll never wear the hairstyle and actually no way would I wear any of those special items after St. Pattys day so I should quit complaining, , lol

BTW-how do you earn the special boxes?

Moony thanks for answering, did you finish the drinking contest yet? I still have 17 hours for my next round against Willow. First one was so easy
    Google + account name : Wolfee1029
    also my brand new Facebook account Shelby Wolfee
  • moonyuushinmoonyuushin Registered Users 936 Posts
    I agree, what a waste, I bought 5 boxes and I got that green boa, that single braid hairstyle, a black shirt, 40 Kstars, and a dress. Oh wait, that's not so bad after sll :p.
    Alas, I only one special item and I know I'll never wear the hairstyle and actually no way would I wear any of those special items after St. Pattys day so I should quit complaining, , lol

BTW-how do you earn the special boxes?

Moony thanks for answering, did you finish the drinking contest yet? I still have 17 hours for my next round against Willow. First one was so easy

No Prob, Claire :)
    For the special boxes, you can get 1 with 25 shamrocks at 1st. Then to open more you'll have to pay 40 kstars. Not always lucky enough to get all with 2-3 tries. I had to pay for 5 times this event gift boxes, just to get those tacky stuffs. Girls have 3, guys have 2. In those boxes.

Okay guys, I'd like to confirm that this is the fixed bonus shamrocks you will receive for the event gig is 54. My eyes must have fooled my last night to see it as 60, but my friend was right, she got 54. I got 54 this morning too.

I'm still waiting for my last one with Kim. But my friend, who's not patient enough but richer than me lol, paid to finished all (she even rushed me doing those gigs) so yeah I did pay a few more kstars too, and we already knew what really happened and compared the results.

So for event gig: 30 shamrocks + 54 bonus shamrocks = total of 84 shamrocks

dbtgrd.jpg
    Breen819 wrote: »
    I have no bonus items... I'm getting 30 Shamrocks for Willows event thing, those gigs are LONG, only got 7 for a 3 hr party in Calabasas, got 12 for regular old 3 hr gig and 20 for an 8 hr. So those are my totals without the bonus. Just letting y'all know. This is one event I probably won't be able to get everything. I don't have unlimited Stars and I have tonsn of real life stuff this weekend. Just gonna focus on getting my 15 Stars from Willow and anything else I receive will be an added bonus for me ;) make the best of everything!

Thank you so much Breenie, for helping me to confirm the fact that you will need at least one of those event items in gift boxes to get bonus points for doing normal gigs.

(seriously I can't test this alone by myself and need more proof from others to make sure)

So here are the fixed amount of shamrocks + bonus shamrocks for doing normal gigs:

3h gig: 12 shamrocks + 23 bonus shamrocks = total of 35 shamrocks

2vw5nis.jpg
    2rr5cb5.jpg

8h gig: 20 shamrocks + 38 bonus shamrocks = total of 58 shamrocks

291ngk1.jpg
    30lgsaf.jpg

Party: won't count, just a lil amount of shamrocks while small talking with guests

fmi4cj.jpg
    To me at least it seems as though they are giving out more event bonuses than usual. Idk, but either way I'm down with that :D

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
    Again - for the people with no bonus items, um, because their gift box tableaux had none out of 8, where Moony is showing 23, 54, or 38 Bonus stars, we get 0, 0 and 0 bonus stars. your 12 + 23? Mine is 12.

So, to be honest, people in this position, who are the same people that didn't get bonus items last time, are getting a little tired of this, because again, it's not earning. It's spending. And a lot of us are spending stars only to find out after opening 3 boxes, that none of the 8 had a bonus item.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I agree, Koko! It just feels like you shouldn't pay 40, 80, 120, whatever, kstars in good faith and still come away without anything to give you a bonus, especially where this event is so intense. Yes, it's longer than normal in duration, but if you don't have a four-day weekend from work, that doesn't help so much! I'm happy that I won the boa finally, but that was dumb luck despite the dollars I spent...

If we legitimately spend Kstars, couldn't we be assured one event bonus item? Maybe the earned box remains more dubious, but the pay boxes are better odds?

It's possible to throw a fair amount of money down the drain... That doesn't feel great. Of course I really love this game, but I'm starting to feel like it's gonna leave me behind soon. I used to feel like you had to play hard or spend hard. These last few weekends, I can play hard and spend hard, and I still won't get near the end of the event. I know, I know-- first-world problem.

Sad, because it's been the best guilty pleasure! If I somehow get near the green dress, someone can remind me of these words, but I'm sure I'll still feel the same.

Edit: okay, so I just completed an 8 hour gig with the boa, and I have 20 shamrocks plus a bonus of 10 more. 700 divided by 30 is still ouch! And I spent quite a few Kstars for that...only once did my eight boxes have an event item, the boa I happened to win.

Again - for the people with no bonus items, um, because their gift box tableaux had none out of 8, where Moony is showing 23, 54, or 38 Bonus stars, we get 0, 0 and 0 bonus stars. your 12 + 23? Mine is 12.

So, to be honest, people in this position, who are the same people that didn't get bonus items last time, are getting a little tired of this, because again, it's not earning. It's spending. And a lot of us are spending stars only to find out after opening 3 boxes, that none of the 8 had a bonus item.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

So as your result, I guess the bonus point depends on the amount of gift box items?
    And now I'm depressed too, did my posts make you guys upset or sth? :(
    So as your result, I guess the bonus point depends on the amount of gift box items?
    And now I'm depressed too, did my posts make you guys upset or sth? :(

No, your posts didn't make me upset, but they did help to underline how the event was ideally supposed to go. I've been a bit stunned by the increase in difficulty lately, before you posted or anything...

My husband is starting to give me the hairy eyeball about being on my computer so much; things may be changing for me, even if I throw Kstars at the problem. I'm just bummed about it.

It's not you, Moony.

• xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    You guys maybe you should start a sticky petition thread to glu to have event bonus items in at least one out of eight boxes in every special event box selection I'm not trying to offend glu but it makes sense they're not really event boxes if they just have random clothes or money/ energy only. It would still mean people opening more boxes to win items it just means that the chance is there which seems like it should be standard if that's the reason people are opening them.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    No, your posts didn't make me upset, but they did help to explain how the event was ideally supposed to go. I've been a bit stunned by the increase in difficulty lately, before you posted or anything...

My husband is starting to give me the hairy eyeball about being on my computer so much, things may be changing for me, even if I throw Kstars at the problem. I'm just bummed about it.

Ohmy, I think I can somewhat understand your situation. Like how my sis keeps nagging me why I don't go out do some real dating or buy real clothes instead and why my Googleplay billing keeps rising like every week.

And thanks god, I was worried cuz I dun want those events bring you guys down (sometimes I even got cold feet and dunno what to say to cheer you guys up). When I threw myself into this KKH world, I already mentally prepared my emo and wallet. Like "i'm gonna go down with this ship". This game is not even my 1st wallet-killer, I even had worse emotions and experiences on other games before.

I'm against hacking and cheating, I'd rather work and spend my own money. Cuz I saw others posting, boasting about their boredom after hacking and cheating to have everything, I feel luckier than them, that I'm still struggling and I have sth to play. And proud of what's really mine.
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    You guys maybe you should start a sticky petition thread to glu to have event bonus items in at least one out of eight boxes in every special event box selection I'm not trying to offend glu but it makes sense they're not really event boxes if they just have random clothes or money/ energy only. It would still mean people opening more boxes to win items it just means that the chance is there which seems like it should be standard if that's the reason people are opening them.

You're right. I'm just not sure how much of a pain in the butt I want to be, yet...

xXLucyXx wrote: »

I think your idea is so brilliant <333
    For this weekends' event I notice that Glu already increases the winning rate of 40 kstars (3-4/per time)
    Some kstar clothing and accs. But not the rate of wining gift box event items.
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    You're right. I'm just not sure how much of a pain in the butt I want to be, yet...
    That's cool. Your thread about the Malibu glitch made a difference though, and I think you and Koko's points are right. Glu are still awesome but this is something they ought to change :)
    Thanks moony <3:)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
    Aw I'm so sorry Koko and Luz:(! I agree with xXLucyXx you all should start a thread about making it easier to earn bonuses and event items, because it is never fun to open the gift box or start an event gig and find no sort of bonus at the end. Especially now would be goo since the KKH:Staff mod seems to be on the form more often, so they might be able to pass the word on quicker. (by the way has anyone seen Gluadmin..haven't seen him/her around in a lil bit as well as Leyshia)

Moony is right most of us throw ourselves into the game, and play it pretty much non stop so it would be nice if they made it a lil easier for us.

P.s I heard KKH:Staff say that the next update is coming soon..now in Glu terms idk how soon that is but when they put the coming in front it makes me feel like it may be a sec, versus when Gluadmin chants soon, soon, soon then that makes me think that it is imminent. Anyways here is to hoping for better and awesomer things!

Ok these are the items I've won so far the Green Boa, the White Jacket top, the Black Dress, the Single Braid Hairstyle, 40 Stars, and another item I already bought prior. This is it, I'm not buying anymore Kstars. Imma gonna have one poor week coming up ahead, this is making me broke, lol.

Look Moony I'm posing with you with your new look. You're looking fierce!

20150314_104804_zpsipdpvz2y.jpg
    Ohmigosh, you look so lovely there, and lol, I look like some gang thug on holiday XD *gonna save this pic* >w<
    Breenie appears in my game today yay~~~~yet I still haven't found you anywhere, have been looking every single restaurant and bar in game....oh the frustration....
    I agree with everyone about the gift boxes...personally I think if you're throwing down 40 k stars you should be guaranteed a special item. They are expensive! I bought one last weekend and got $4k and that just really stinks. There wasn't even any special items in any of the boxes I got. I'm not spending this weekend to get extra boxes because I don't have the k stars or funds to spend just to get extra money and energy. That's my rant, sorry lol ;)
    Ohmigosh, you look so lovely there, and lol, I look like some gang thug on holiday XD *gonna save this pic* >w<
    Breenie appears in my game today yay~~~~yet I still haven't found you anywhere, have been looking every single restaurant and bar in game....oh the frustration....
    Hee I guess my doll has a thing for the bad boys, notice the hearts?

I told you I was a Poltergeist didn't I? The sounds that go bump in the night tis only lil ole me, lol.
    I'm probably the only player in the game that gets to be invisible, cuz I spppeciallll.

I'm just waiting for Glu to give me my magical powers that go with it *taps foot*
    Hee I guess my doll has a thing for the bad boys, notice the hearts?

I told you I was a Poltergeist didn't I? The sounds that go bump in the night tis only lil ole me, lol.
    I'm probably the only player in the game that gets to be invisible, cuz I spppeciallll.

I'm just waiting for Glu to give me my magical powers that go with it *taps foot*

Thanks hun, for accepting this "thug", I'll take it as our very own dress-code then XD
    Hmm....maybe I should send Glu a tix,asking why they leave my dear still stuck as Poltergeist for ages...
    Thanks hun, for accepting this "thug", I'll take it as our very own dress-code then XD
    Hmm....maybe I should send Glu a tix,asking why they leave my dear still stuck as Poltergeist for ages...
    Wow, thanks♡, cuz it does get a wee bit lonely for me. Alas, tis no use, they haven't responded to me when I tix them. I guess they like me being a Polergeist, what a strange sense of humor they must have, lol.

Ok, gotta run, one of my friends' is throwing a St. Patties Day party that I got to haunt/ruin, BAHAHAHAHA........
    I just wanted to clarify that I'm not weeping & moaning because I can't easily win every bit of prizes for TWO games; I've always liked these events as challenges. But now things are different enough that I'm not even trying to play my second game at all, beyond just earning the gift box & then buying one other-- he got the $4000 prize. I have been an obsessive player for some time, and thought I had a handle on the right ways to obsessively play to win. It's been great. I just love KKH.

But now I don't have any idea if I'll be able to finish with just one game. I bought several gift boxes for my girl game, but now I know better than to buy more, and the 10 shamrock bonus I got for all the Kstars spent isn't very helpful.

To be fair, I won two great wardrobe prizes I've always wanted, so I do have mixed feelings about complaining. But I just wish this wouldn't be the new intensity level/giftbox-event-item-payout structure for all future events.

I'm happy to pay Glu my money because they go to great effort to create an excellent product. I have no problem paying for good stuff. But lately, the dynamic seems to be shifting, and giving them my money seems to be a little bit frustrating rather than satisfying, that's all.

I'll shut up about this soon, I promise. But what I'd love is if they'd start offering exclusive outfits for sale along with the challenges again. I often bought those and was really pleased. The events weren't quite so hard, but I still gave Glu my Kstars for something. It was a joy to go virtual shopping! Maybe that wasn't paying off for them, though...

I'll shut up about this soon, I promise. But what I'd love is if they'd start offering exclusive outfits for sale along with the challenges again. I often bought those and was really pleased. The events weren't quite so hard, but I still gave Glu my Kstars for something. It was a joy to go virtual shopping! Maybe that wasn't paying off for them, though...

I was thinking the same, Luz. I wasn't playing when they did this, it would definitely be nice if they brought it back...
    I don't think you're being whiny at all.Not even close to complaining. More like sharing your experiences and thoughts about this week's events and its changes.

And I can't agree more about the intensity of event requirements. If this keeps rising up, someday it will be nothing more than VIP event, spend to win.Or even less satisfied/worse/costs more than a VIP event.

I just hope that Glu knows their players' limit (those who actually play on their own, pay by their own) and won't make this game turn into a money-based only.