Weekend Event 3/13

Comments

• EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Yes Moony, I was also thinking the weekend events are getting more and more challenging. It's nice to have something to work for but for people like me, it's just not attainable. I work 50+ hours 6 days a week irl. Yes, sometimes I am able to play at work and I'm grateful for that because not everyone can, but I can't play 24/7 and I can't invest tons of real life money in this game. I'm certainly willing to buy some k stars here and there (and I have) because I really enjoy the experience of the game, kkh is how I unwind and escape :) but I'm just not able to do it often.

I will be thrilled with what I receive in this event but I don't see myself reaching the final prize on either of my games.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • moonyuushinmoonyuushin Registered Users 936 Posts
    Eselletea wrote: »
    Yes Moony, I was also thinking the weekend events are getting more and more challenging. It's nice to have something to work for but for people like me, it's just not attainable. I work 50+ hours 6 days a week irl. Yes, sometimes I am able to play at work and I'm grateful for that because not everyone can, but I can't play 24/7 and I can't invest tons of real life money in this game. I'm certainly willing to buy some k stars here and there (and I have) because I really enjoy the experience of the game, kkh is how I unwind and escape :) but I'm just not able to do it often.

I will be thrilled with what I receive in this event but I don't see myself reaching the final prize on either of my games.
    Aw,Thank you Eselletea ^^
    Yes. We all have a life to deal with/works to deal with. I even have people to deal with lol.

Although my career is better than last year, I still voluntarily work extra/over-time, agree to attend boring conferences, sit there and hear non-sense just to be paid to keep up with this game.

I actually compared last night, my last few weeks bills and this week's, lol, it's getting higher...I'm not much surprised, more like...freek-out haha...I'm in too deep already.

I swear if not bcuz of those rocking men rewards, I would not give a danm, just like how I already skipped last VIP event.

So how's your current progress anyways? :D
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    I think I should correct something I said earlier, I had said that it was easy earning the bonus points(shamrocks). I think I should take that back as now I am realizing that they aren't that easy to attain, its just that they had gotten slightly easier upon getting the event gigs. I personally am not a St. Patrick's person, and so this event wasn't really all that and with the lame-ish(for some of us at least) gift boxes, that were hard to come by- it makes it feel that much harder to try and get some of the good prizes. Since the time to complete the event is longer it made it look deceptively easy..now though it seems to make it that much harder to get to the end of it...

I'm sorry not everyone is having a good weekend with this particular event. Let's just keep hope alive for the next update that I hear is coming out soon. :)
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Hey Noona where did you see that the next update is coming soon?
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    So how's your current progress anyways? :D

I've only reached the giftbox on both games. I am sure I can make it to the second thing on both games. I play at a much slower pace than others so everything takes me extra time to begin with. I agree with you about the men's stuff it really is awesome! I wish I could get them all for my dude but I don't have the free k stars option on that device so I have to be frugal. And since I'm working around 10 hours today I'm not sure how far I get. Tomorrow is my day off :) but I honestly don't want to spend the whole day playing like I normally do. I need to get out of my house and go somewhere that isn't work. :p

How's it going with you?
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Hey Noona where did you see that the next update is coming soon?

Hi xXLucyXx!
    I saw it here:
    KK:H_Staff wrote: »
    Hi Koko,

Indeed moonyuushin's advice is correct:

Wait until Simon calls with some random job proposals -- the purple to-do tab at the top left of the screen (he automatically calls once an hour as long as you are not currently doing any other jobs) and then take any one of those random jobs that's a film project. If he is not offering any film projects amongst his next call, just decline all and wait until he calls back with others. Keep doing this until he offers a film project and then accept that one.

Sorry you are having difficulty with that one. It might take a little while in your case, but for the next version (coming soon ;) ) we'll make Simon's film job offers more frequent at that stage.

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
    Ooh ok thanks Noona :) I think I need to take a break from KKH tomorrow, I've been so fixed on getting the dress so I can chill I feel dizzy :D still like 400 shamrocks to go!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Just earned my first ring. so, another 150 to make it to the shoes. And then that means another 400 for the dress? if it takes 3 days for the shoes, there is no way I can do 400 in 2 days.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    This one seems more like a killer than a grinder.

I remember events used to be so chill in this game you could win bonus clothing in your daily gift box every day and it was like 400 event points to get to the end not 700!
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    I do feel like these events are designed so you have to spend k stars, i.e. Real life money to get all of the items and it's always the best ones that are last and/or second to last and I rarely ever get to the end sadly. I do love this game it'd be nice if they made it easier for us loyal gamers. I'm still 50 points from the ****py ring but with three days left I'm determined to get those nice shoes!

How's everyone else getting on this weekend?
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
    Ring on 2 games. I'm also going for the shoes, but in order to do this, I need to keep getting up at 3 a.m. Tap all my energy away, go back to sleep, up again around 6, in an endless circle.

I so agree with Lucy. Weekends used to be so chill.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ClaireInGameClaireInGame Registered Users 258 Posts
    I got the shoes and now I'm only 350 points away from getting the dress. This weekend event is very hard. I ♡ ed the special items we recieved last week from the special boxes but no way is it worth it to me to go for broke on this weeks' items. Green boa, tiny green hat, green sunglasses?
    Sheesh, I was pretty happy I only got one special item, the other things I won are at least really nice and I can still wear them after St. Patties day
    Google + account name : Wolfee1029
    also my brand new Facebook account Shelby Wolfee
  • QueenSukiiQueenSukii Registered Users 120 Posts
    Am I the only one that's opened just one green box? The rest of mine have been regular
    GC: QueenSukii
    Instagram: @QueenSukii
    iPhone 8 iOS 11.1
  • Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
    QueenSukii wrote: »
    Am I the only one that's opened just one green box? The rest of mine have been regular

We only get one green box when we get the 25 event points honey, unless you want to spend 40 Stars opening another. In my case, I didn't have a single special item or Stars in mine. Just money and energy and of course I picked $4000. Which is lovely and all but my virtual bank account is already up to $157,000 and there is nothing left for me to buy with virtual cash... already own all the houses, cash
    Furniture and cash wardrobe items. Oh well, guess I'll rack that cash up till the next update and hope there's another house. I saved like crazy thinking Malibu house was going to be like $72,000 NOT $7,200. Wish I could buy K Stars with virtual cash. And woohoo I'm 118 event points away from getting the shoes. Hopefully I'll get there, its going slow and tomorrow is my hubs 35th Birthday. Sooooooo I guess I gotta spend the day with him right??? r
    ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
  • WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    Happy Birthday Abrina-Hubbs!!!

I'm close to getting the shoes... but I'm not crazy about any of the clothing/items so not trying too hard. What I really want is those 15 Free K Stars for outout drinking Willow... I'm on the 3rd part & it's taking foreverrrrrrrrr..... full energy to fill in one star? Ugh!
  • moonyuushinmoonyuushin Registered Users 936 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    I remember events used to be so chill in this game you could win bonus clothing in your daily gift box every day and it was like 400 event points to get to the end not 700!
    Oh talk about daily gift boxes, I no longer see any clothing or accs, since last 2 months till now. Yet there are still a few of them left that I haven't got.:( A pair of blue lace-up shoes, black ear cuffs and a mustard shirt.
  • ChiyoChiyo Registered Users 65 Posts
    Yay, Cassio is back ! At first I was worried that I lost the musical gig when I refused to pay Alvin 10 Kstars but then Cassio offered to produce the musical instead :D
  • missymolokomissymoloko Registered Users 62 Posts
    I'm actually getting sick of the weekend event and hating the game a little. Le sigh.

But I'm in the middle of a seemingly never ending 8h gig and gotta finish it to avoid losing fans. This is so crazy.
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I'm actually getting sick of the weekend event and hating the game a little. Le sigh.

But I'm in the middle of a seemingly never ending 8h gig and gotta finish it to avoid losing fans. This is so crazy.

I hope this is an experiment, and not the new norm.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

I think it's been a slow process. Progressively worse, a little each weekend. Last night someone said "The weekends use to be chill!" This should become our new motto. I don't care about the shoes anymore, because they were settling. I wanted the dress and with 164 total points on one game at this point is not going to let me win the dress. And I thought the whole point of the game is that you win. In life you can't always get what you want. But in the game make it a weekend event that people can actually win without having access to the hack or an oil sheik for a father. It's one thing to get up an hour after it starts, and see people already in the complete outfit, knowing it's only a matter of time before your doll is wearing it too. It's quite a different story to get up an hour after it starts, and see people already in the complete outfit, and qickly come to the realization that you can not acquire the dress. Sadder still is spending 2 days trying, and you realize you are done scrambling for the shoes. And just pretty much done.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I don't know how this encourages people to sink more money into the game. It feels bad. Who spends money to feel bad? People who are cheating don't feel bad, only paying players feel bad. I don't get it.

I'm kinda close to the shoes, and I may get them in order to feel less annoyed, but that's it for me. I assumed I was just having random bad luck getting the prize multipliers out of the gift boxes, so I bought a bunch. But I only ever saw the green boa. I didn't MISS picking the other event items-- they just were never there at all. Couldn't believe it!

And now I won't post about this again, cuz I know it's a hell of a buzz-kill.

• KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Girls, don't be sad! It's just a game in the end of the day.

I only recieved 4000$ from my special giftbox, and I didn't buy more of those, because I just don't have enough KStars and I don't want to spend real money on these items (boa, plastic glasses, the hairstyle - just don't like them). For some reason I recieve +2 bonus shamrocks for each gig I complete. I know, LOL so many.

Just got the shoes, love them. Need 394 shamrocks more (omg) to receive the dress. Will definetly try.

Last weekend I've only managed to get the giftbox (4000$ again, ugh), and then I couldn't play, so I didn't win anything. But the only thing that dissapoints me still is the fact that I still didn't get the special gigs which were promised in the Malibu update :( I wish they would fix that.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Fine, Kate, if you're a casual player, who hasn't cheerfully put significant time and money into this game.

Then yes, the progression of these events lately would be something not "to be sad" about.

If you bought into the game in a number of ways, as Glu presumably wants you to do, but are suddenly finding the events frustrating and a giant suck of Kstars, then it's a little harder to laugh it off.

I certainly don't want to fight with you or anyone else, and I may be banned for my attitude, but I am pretty disappointed, and that's a fact.

But you are right that it's just a game; taking it one step further, now would probably be a good time for me to get a life! Why waste the time and money to feel this way, two weekends now... Lesson learned.

Your comment about it being just a game is spot on. I agree that I'm too bothered by this. I wouldn't be so annoyed if I had less to do with the whole thing, so that's probably the way to go. I'm pathetically mad, so I'll fix my end of the situation. You're right.

But honestly, WHO is likely to complete an event like this, and not feel teased? A rich kid with not much going on during the weekend, no job, and no other priorities, ...or a jailbroken game.

LuzVarias wrote: »
    Fine, Kate, if you're a casual player, who hasn't cheerfully put significant time and money into this game.

Then yes, the progression of these events lately would be something not "to be sad" about.

Lol, I play since July and I've definetely put some money into it ;) So I'm not "casual" at all.
    But I understand you. I was just as mad and as disappointed as you when everyone was sharing their impressions on fun gigs, while I was stuck with nothing (and I still am). Then I decided not to be mad.
    Just wanted to comfort you or something. But okay, won't do this again. Good luck :)

Yes, comforting people is a very nice thing to do. But if someone is still mad, and feels like their point is being undermined/negated by the comforting, it's not as effective.

Don't you feel like things have gotten a lot harder lately? Do you like that?

Also, I know that customer feedback really matters in my industry. Maybe it matters here, too. If the target demographic of loyal, paying customers is saying that they're disappointed and thinking of voting with their feet, that might mean something. What I am doing here is customer feedback before I wander off to have a life again, okay? So what I'm saying isn't even directed at you at all, Kate.

I do appreciate your kind wishes, though. Should have made that more clear out front.

But honestly, WHO is likely to complete an event like this, and not feel teased? A rich kid with not much going on during the weekend, no job, and no other priorities, ...or a jailbroken game.

So true *sigh*
    My game is not hacked, and I'm just a poor Russian student who doesn't have money to spend on a game about "rich&beautiful". But even I had send some money to miss Kim K in the past, when I needed to buy a privite jet or a pretty dress.
    It's currently 16:54 where I am. And I've played from 9 am to earn like 200 shamrocks. Non-stop, flying from one country to another to tap birds and other stuff for energy. I wish I was casual...

I wish I was casual...

Agreed! That's probably the best way to be! Off to have a life now!

Thanks for the spirited debate, Kate. Again, or maybe for the first time?, I AM sorry for my extreme attitude this morning.

Enjoy whatever you can with KKH!

Don't you feel like things have gotten a lot harder lately? Do you like that?

Oh, it did get harder. Much harder. And of course Im' not happy about that.
    My fingertips on the right hand are aching. I hope that the next event won't be like "Recieve this pretty skirt for only 1000 event points! Yay!". Though I guess the next one will be "VIP event" or, what I like to call it "Nothing for me 'cause I'm out of KStars and real money".

And I am not offended by any of your words at all. I understand you completely. Hope you are not too :o

We're good, Kate. Thanks.