"Events used to be so Chill!"

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Just earned my first ring. so, another 150 to make it to the shoes. And then that means another 400 for the dress? if it takes 3 days for the shoes, there is no way I can do 400 in 2 days.
xXLucyXx wrote: »
I remember events used to be so chill in this game you could win bonus clothing in your daily gift box every day and it was like 400 event points to get to the end not 700!

I don't think KKH wants to become a game app that jumped the shark. So, I'm starting this thread, because I think Glu needs to see the growing discontent regarding these weekends. Lucy summed it up beautifully. I'd been feeling this but trying to keep my mouth closed. But I have to be honest, and this thread needs to be seen.

I'm moving a couple of posts over, and really think if Glu sees that we're not a bunch of whiny 'we want everything for nothing' spoilsports, they'll give this some thought. And Luz, I don't think anyone is getting banned for the intelligent voicing of their discontent. And if they are, then I guess I'm first to go, I started this thread. So, this is not a Bash Glu thread. It's an attempt to shed light on what we feel is a bad thing. People walking away from the game is not what the makers are looking for I don't think.

If anyone doesn't want their quote here, say so and I'll take them down. I just really don't want to see this game implode.

Personally, I don't even want the shoes anymore. I'll hang here on the forum. It's more fun, and that's a sad thing.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1

Comments

• LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    *40 Kstars spent should give an event gift box game where 1 of 8 boxes actually contains a shamrock-multiplying event item! You sure tricked me this weekend!

*If events contain stretched-out 8 hour events, maybe a friend could be called to help with the events, OR the prizes that we grind & grind to get could actually multiply the shamrocks. Especially if the first suggestion won't be taken.

*maybe sell gorgeous Kollection clothes alongside events again. Then Kstars would be spent, and maybe events could be less intense.

*if this game is geared towards working adults too, please don't give giant events, more than half of which should be completed during workdays. This feels like a rebuke to a paying, obsessive, loyal customer, not a joy. This event seems perfectly suited for cheaters, and it's the second one in a row like this, so maybe it's the new KKH?

Sorry for bad formatting.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• missymolokomissymoloko Registered Users 62 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    *40 Kstars spent should give an event gift box game where 1 of 8 boxes actually contains a shamrock-multiplying event item! You sure tricked me this weekend!

*If events contain stretched-out 8 hour events, maybe a friend could be called to help with the events, OR the prizes that we grind & grind to get could actually multiply the shamrocks. Especially if the first suggestion won't be taken.

*maybe sell gorgeous Kollection clothes alongside events again. Then Kstars would be spent, and maybe events could be less intense.

*if this game is geared towards working adults too, please don't give giant events, more than half of which should be completed during workdays. This feels like a rebuke to a paying, obsessive, loyal customer, not a joy. This event seems perfectly suited for cheaters, and it's the second one in a row like this, so maybe it's the new KKH?

Sorry for bad formatting.

Yes yes yes and yes.
    I second everything Luz said with all my heart.
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Go Koko :)
    I think this thread is important because we all appreciate this awesome game glu has created and at the same time I'm sure they appreciate our honest feedback.
    Especially with the point about event boxes, people are mostly paying to open them in the hope of winning bonus clothing for the event, so it makes sense for there to be a chance each time, ie at least 1/8 should contain a bonus item of clothing. I don't think people spend their k stars on opening them to win just anything, so it would be great if this could be made fairer. It would still mean people spending k stars, but would avoid giving paying customers the sense of being 'cheated', which I'm sure glu can see makes sense as a business.
    Thanks glu <3
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I may be getting myself tossed, or going back to nonblue status, but the success of the game has been enormous, and it's a learning process. Glu has to figure out how much the market is on a virtual dress. And how to balance being a successful income producer, while encouraging the interest and enthusiasm in the game.

Without enthusiasm, the game is just like all the others. If you have thoughts about the shift the weekend events have taken please post here. This is a good place to cry in our GreenBeer, nurse our wounds, but let's keep it productive.

I thought I posted this, but I guess not. It's one thing to get up an hour after it starts, and see people already in the complete outfit, knowing it's only a matter of time before your doll is wearing it too. But getting up an hour after it starts, see people already in the complete outfit, and realize after working 2 days for a plastic ring that unless you have the hack, or an oil sheik father that you're only playing for the shoes is quite a different thing.

I love the game but the weekend events are not player friendly. And don't make me pay 40 Stars with a box containing something I already own. Money for Nothing?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • moonyuushinmoonyuushin Registered Users 936 Posts
    Just my suggestion but I think Glu should replace those gift boxes as event sale/buying options, just like how Glu offered us sale-offs before. And when I mean "sale-off", the price has to be acceptable/affordable, not danm expensive as paying for the whole event but just as a small part for bonus boosting and extra event items. And it's optional. Players could choose to buy or not, w/o this they could still join the event normally, no obligation.

Instead of wasting all k-stars and real money on those gift boxes, blindly trying to search for event items, why not just giving us options to buy directly those items? For example, players could choose to buy just 1 event item they like with bonus, or could even buy the whole set if they want more bonus and like all the items.

This way, we could have exactly the event items we want, the bonus points added and could complete the event in time.
    And of course, the 25 points/1st reward wouldn't be a random gift box but an event item instead that could give an amount of bonus points when doing gigs/partying/etc...

And btw, Glu, pls return back the requirement of 400, not 700. I don't need longer event days, I still have my danm works to deal with, I don't even have a proper holiday break, I just want the event requirement that I could reach w/o burning my whole wallet, just like this weekend I already did. And I don't want to feel guilty or ashamed just because I pay you Glu.
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    This thread is gold! All of you have said exactly what I'm thinking! Glu, like koko said, we are not trying to be whiny but please take our thoughts into consideration.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Just my suggestion but I think Glu should replace those gift boxes as event sale/buying options, just like how Glu offered us sale-offs before. And when I mean "sale-off", the price has to be acceptable/affordable, not danm expensive as paying for the whole event but just as a small part for bonus boosting and extra event items. And it's optional. Players could choose to buy or not, w/o this they could still join the event normally, no obligation.

Instead of wasting all k-stars and real money on those gift boxes, blindly trying to search for event items, why not just giving us options to buy directly those items? For example, players could choose to buy just 1 event item they like with bonus, or could even buy the whole set if they want more bonus and like all the items.

This way, we could have exactly the event items we want, the bonus points added and could complete the event in time.
    And of course, the 25 points/1st reward wouldn't be a random gift box but an event item instead that could give an amount of bonus points when doing gigs/partying/etc...

And btw, Glu, pls return back the requirement of 400, not 700. I don't need longer event days, I still have my danm works to deal with, I don't even have a proper holiday break, I just want the event requirement that I could reach w/o burning my whole wallet, just like this weekend I already did. And I don't want to feel guilty or ashamed just because I pay you Glu.

Moony for President!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Moony for President!

Aw Koko, thanks :">
    I hope I won't get banned for that XD
    But really I was fed up enough this week, may not spend anymore next week....:(
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Even if it accomplishes nothing else, this thread has decreased my blood pressure again. I really do like you people!

Hopefully Glu will take us seriously, as a bunch of people who love their work.

They have seemed to care in the past...I would love to keep loving this game.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• ClaireInGameClaireInGame Registered Users 258 Posts
    Moony for President!

I second that koko and you for Vice, Luz for Secretary of State, Lucy for Attorney General. The rest of us will just be in your Cabinets.

Seriously, these events are murder plus I regret totally taking that drinking contest with Willow. I just spent 37 energy pts for 1 star in the Party Out (Explode Out, idk why they listed it with 2 names) that I'm in shock. Now I have to go take world trips tapping everything insight including all my pets, just to get another star. No way will I be able to finish this event as quickly in the past. An 8 hour gig use to take me 2 fill ups in energy, nows it's almost 4.

This has turned into a chore. I've already spent over 25 dollars on kstars for energy just to get the shoes and no way am I gonna spend anymore. I see my chances of getting that dress pretty slim :(
    Google + account name : Wolfee1029
    also my brand new Facebook account Shelby Wolfee
    I second that koko and you for Vice, Luz for Secretary of State, Lucy for Attorney General. The rest of us will just be in your Cabinets.

Seriously, these events are murder plus I regret totally taking that drinking contest with Willow. I just spent 37 energy pts for 1 star in the Party Out (Explode Out, idk why they listed it with 2 names) that I'm in shock. Now I have to go take world trips tapping everything insight including all my pets, just to get another star. No way will I be able to finish this event as quickly in the past. An 8 hour gig use to take me 2 fill ups in energy, nows it's almost 4.

This has turned into a chore. I've already spent over 25 dollars on kstars for energy just to get the shoes and no way am I gonna spend anymore. I see my chances of getting that dress pretty slim :(

Lol Claire, into role playing aren't ya? XD

Actually my suggestion is a combined statement from everyone here who was and now is still struggling with this hard-earn event. I have read everyone's posts about their progress and how unexpectedly hard (and stupid) this weekends' event turned out to be. I also paid, but not in a willing, happy way.

I even had troubles with the event timing, every event gig rushed me to pay kstars to make it in time so I would not lose to my rival bet. I knew some other players had this kind of troubles too.

Here at my place we don't celebrate St.Patty Day. And I haven't slept for more than 3 days since Thursday (why was I even excited for this.....). I farmed hard on this event till half of Sat, the rest of my time I did my own works. I may scare away my clients too with this current tired look. My hands are numb by both working on design and running around, every corner in game, tapping random stuffs for energy, like a mad man. I'm done now. But I think I'll need some serious break.

Sorry for the rants.:(

I thought holiday event was supposed to be twice the fun but now yeah it's somewhat ruined, thanks Glu.
    Agreed. Oh and hey, I think we only celebrate it cuz it gives us an excuse to drink more(actually I'm not a drinker, I'm cursed with a very low tolerance for the stuff and I get sick quickly, no fair!)and eat cornbeef and cabbage with irish soda bread, yum
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Totally agree, was supposed to be fun. But now I cant have a good sleep every weekend, setting my alarm every 1.5 hours to wake up and play the game. And yet after how much I suffered, I never got to the end of the weekend events. Some people commented on the facebook page that this event was extended 2 more days than usual BUT holy ****, how do we earn 700...
    PM to add
  • mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    Got the shoes, but I'm not putting any more time into the event this weekend beyond casual play.

I agree with all that's been said before... that the events just aren't fun anymore. They used to be, when they were challenging but obtainable wih moderate play. Kind of sad when I went out last night I thought about losing my chance at the dress. Haha!
    It's sad, but I shouldn't have to even think that! Nobody should be giving up an entire weekend for a game.

I have a bunch of gift cards I'm holding onto for a VIP event (thanks quick thoughts and koko!), but I'm seriously considering not putting money into this game. I would hate to spend it only to quit a few weeks later after losing interest in events like this.
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    I'm loving this thread guys. I couldn't agree more with what you're saying. I also agree that this game and especially the weekend events is getting less and less fun than what it used to be. For two reasons for me and that is there's nothing much going on during the week, so we end up waiting until the weekend for something to happen and then I think because of the hype and the expectation we are consequently disappointed as we have waited all week for the event and when we are presented with a ****py looking ring we have to work so hard to earn its just totally not worth it. It's just becoming an effort to wait for the actual jobs to begin (12-24hrs... Really? Is this just so we will pay to start them earlier?) and having to go on dates during the weekend event to stop our husbands/wives divorcing us which takes up time that we need to be able to earn the event points.

I really don't want to moan as I do still love them game and I love chatting on here about it. I just wish it was more fun like it used to be. I just feel the outfits are just ridiculously expensive 120-200 k stars for some outfits and considering it costs £15 in the UK for 220 k stars that's like £15 for a picture of a dress??? It's just not right, I thought when they had the Black Friday 50% off day that that's what these things should cost normally. I bet the gamers spent a lot more money on that day they would have done normally as its just such much more reasonable at that price.

Please Glu put the fun back into the game!
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
    Anyone notice the lack of posts from members this weekend? Hymmmm... last weekend this place was buzzing, just saying
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    Most of you sound burnt out. As an avid gamer sometimes I just gotta put the game down for a bit. It is a game afterall, it's supposed to be fun not stressful.

Just food for thought!
    no i don't have any chill
    On the plus side, still not getting me the dress, I had an hour left for one of the Libation events, and I was going to start running all over, I needed 3 hours of stars. Boom offer pops up 100 Energy and 60Stars....4.99 ok, That was very pleasant. I had the $ in my account from QuickThoughts (for taking real surveys) so I finished that gig, ran did another with Khloe, and i might have the shoes tonight. ;) On one device.

But, I remember enjoying the concept of being in the game all weekend for an outfit. But now who wants to keep grinding for 2nd? I thought my tap dances were worth at least the dress.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    On the plus side, still not getting me the dress, I had an hour left for one of the Libation events, and I was going to start running all over, I needed 3 hours of stars. Boom offer pops up 100 Energy and 60Stars....4.99 ok, That was very pleasant. I had the $ in my account from QuickThoughts (for taking real surveys) so I finished that gig, ran did another with Khloe, and i might have the shoes tonight. ;) On one device.

But, I remember enjoying the concept of being in the game all weekend for an outfit. But now who wants to keep grinding for 2nd? I thought my tap dances were worth at least the dress.

Congratulations!

Wow, I ♡ those offers, hope I get one too. Was it the android game or the iOS? I'm currently sitting with only 5 energy and have no more energy to keep tapping away
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    Most of you sound burnt out. As an avid gamer sometimes I just gotta put the game down for a bit. It is a game afterall, it's supposed to be fun not stressful.

Just food for thought!

Trying to bring out some Valid Points. That's the purpose of this thread, but if some have to let off steam, then it's a good thing.

We have complaints that include
    • each palette of 8 Gift Boxes (sold for 40Stars each) doesn't contain at least one bonus multiplying item.
    • If events contain stretched-out 8 hour events, maybe a friend could be called to help with the events
    • events used to be so chill in this game you could win bonus clothing in your daily gift box every day
    • events used to 'cost' 400 Event points for the whole prize, Now it's nearly doubled at 700

I think these are valid points. And all I can say is, now that I'm a paying customer, an event like this would garner me the whole outfits. Now, the same amount of my time and energy is just not doing it. I'm not alone in this. And if you can't win, you tend to stop playing.

And if people feel bad about this and want to let it out, where else can they go and be understood? I know you meant to help, but what also helps is having people see the points we have about the events lately and agree we've got valid points.

We open the game an hour after the event has started, and people already have full outfits. That's great for them, and motivational. We used to know that after a weekend of hard tapping we too would be wearing these things. Now this is not so.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Congratulations!

Wow, I ♡ those offers, hope I get one too. Was it the android game or the iOS? I'm currently sitting with only 5 energy and have no more energy to keep tapping away

This was ipad, last week the one I lost because I forgot my password (lol) was Android. So, I think when you get to under an hour on an Event task, if you're not in a great place completionwise it may trigger the offer. I'm getting the other Android ready, just in case. lol.

So, an when the clock strikes 59 minutes left, does it trigger a great offer? Hmmmmm I think we'll have verification soon. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I know I am new, but I just wanted to agree with you guys. I think the toughest part has been the no friend in the 8 hour quests. Like others have noted those seem to take forever now. Maybe they think the last prize had been too easy to get, but with the waiting for an appearance, I was basically getting things last minute while flying around the world getting energy.

Also, I would have gladly bought the outfit last week which is why I spent some KStars on the boxes, but never saw them. Instead I got more money which gave me a reason to never spend KStars on boxes again. Doesn't seem like a good way to get people to spend if they know they won't really get anything. This part isn't being burnt out, it's more like being burned and learning not to touch the flame again.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Also, I would have gladly bought the outfit last week which is why I spent some KStars on the boxes, but never saw them. Instead I got more money which gave me a reason to never spend KStars on boxes again. Doesn't seem like a good way to get people to spend if they know they won't really get anything. This part isn't being burnt out, it's more like being burned and learning not to touch the flame again.

A million times this. I wanted the red New Years dress so badly and opened a bunch of boxes. I only saw an event item in 2 out of the boxes I opened, and it was the New Years hair. Neither dress was even a possibility. I haven't bought a box since.
    It's a shame, because some of the things in them have been really cute lately, but I'm not paying to still have no chance of getting them. May as well save my money.
    GC: redsoxxygal
    Ahem, Ahh, that deal I spoke of and took? It gave me the energy but not the 60 stars. I had a screenshot from yesterday, I saw it, and it has 366 Stars, and now after the special, I still have 366 stars. Off to go complain. Sigh.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Hi Guys, I think this is a great thread. I personally haven't been on in a while because my weekends are so busy. Which makes it hard to play it, especially with the increase in the amount of event points you have to earn.

I like the fact that they have a mini story line for each weekend, and that for me makes it fun and exciting-but when in a time period of roughly around 3 days I have to get about 500-700 points, and that I may get about 12-30 for average 3-8 hour gigs and maybe 30-50 points for every event gig, and then you add on that you have to wait between 1-3 hours just to get maybe 43(provided you did all three comebacks) that makes it feel almost impossible.

Even for those whose weekends may not be as busy as others, it is still the weekend and people want to enjoy it and may have other things they want to do.

I hope I don't get banned or blocked because of this comment, I just joined and it would be a real pity if I couldn't stick around:(. I really do enjoy KKH and I am happy with what GLU has done and change, but this is one thing that is kind of hard for us to deal with.
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
    I didn't say you guys don't have valid points or concerns. Idk I guess I'm not hardcore because setting alarms and waking up at odd times to play a game seems a bit more hassle then it's worth...aka stress.

If you don't finish a weekend event it doesn't prevent you from progressing through the game normally. You just might miss out on an outfit.

At the end of the day it's a game for us but a business for Glu. Their job is to make as much money off of you as possible.

p.s. the way i choose to play my game doesn't make anything i've said invalid
    Ok, I have to read back and see what happened while I was working for shoes. lol. Let me just say, that it wasn't a backhanded thing about motivation. When I saw people in the event clothes early, I have to say it didn't bother me because I took it as a personal challenge 'let's see how soon I'm wearing that dress.' Since the past 2, 3 or 4 events I haven't won the final prize. And I used to be able to.

Also, I may have teased at some point and said set my alarm, but I periodically wake up during the night, and if I have something better to do, I'll get up and play. And if it's an event when I wake up, I come down tap it out, and go back upstairs for another 3 hours or so. But I don't think anyone is seriously setting alarms.

Let me go see where this turned.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    No, not at all. I really understand the frustration. Breathe deep Luz, I just sent a ticket in for my 60 KStars. I was so happy to get the 100 Energies so I could finish that gig. THen I said, hmmmm let me check something. ANd when I saw I didn't get my stars, it made me wonder how many times that happens.
    I'm sure they'll make good on it.

Oh, my reference to seeing people wearing the outfits right away honestly did serve as inspiration, it started a 'lets see how soon I can be wearing the dress' but lately with the events becoming so hard to complete without bonus items from the boxes, now its more of 'gee I wish I could have that'. But, I am not spending my stars on gift boxes that give me hair and dresses I already have, that offer no chance at a bonus item.

It used to be Bonus items helped you finish faster. Now bonus items have become a necessity to complete the event.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Me, it turned with me. I can save you the trouble of reading back. I'm still being a j e r k.

Luz, please don't beat yourself up over it.

I have been reading the post and it seems that this is just a high intensity KKH weekend for a lot of people. A lot of people are stressed because of the event, we all know that this is over a game (and for some this seems silly) but it gives us a sense of accomplishment, and you get proud. However once it feels like the challenge is being unfairly raised all of a sudden especially for those who have spent a lot of time and maybe even money over it, it has the ability to raise the stress level for some.

Since this game is run on real time, instead of a play as you want, it can cause some stress sense you can't pause it, to be able to get other things done with a peace of mind, that you won't get neg reviews and lose fans.

You and Alkoholiks are not ****s, you both are just stating your opinions on the matter, as well as what you both agree and disagree on. In this situation unfortunately not everyone will be a 100% on each others side, and it may take a while to see both sides, and for everyone to be at peace with everyone's else's opinions. I hope you all aren't offended and that we can move on off this. We really need to get another happy thread..

Edit: I did not know that J-E-R-K-S was a bad word :eek:
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
    well said Noona!

originally the point i was trying to make was if the game is becoming more of a chore more then it is fun maybe it's time to chill out and put it down for a bit or skip a weekend event. i don't think that's inflammatory or diminishes other's opinions but if i've irritated anyone i apologize.