"Events used to be so Chill!"

2Next

Comments

• LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Fair enough.

I don't guess Glu will want to be driving players away like that; personally, if I managed to make myself step away for much of a break, I probably wouldn't be back. Break the addiction and then drop back under it again? Meh.

It would be great to have more 'old-school' events coming in the future.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    I agree with everyone about the events lately. I haven't been able to complete the last few events when before I could get through the events and get all the items. I divorced my husband because going on dates feels more like a chore and waste of time and energy especially when events are going on. I had a wedding all day yesterday and haven't even gotten the shoes yet so I don't see myself getting the dress. I also haven't gotten a daily gift box since Christmas and haven't heard back from glu except that they are looking into it. So on top of not getting the event items I don't get a chance to open boxes with items the way others do. It's been frustrating because I've purchased things in the past from the game and I think I deserve my free items too.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    But they gave more time to complete this event, 4 days and 16 hours. Whereas normally it's 2 days and some hours. So it's pretty much the same, I did the math. I had to do around 15 events each day, so I'm about to complete mine. :)
    But same as y'all said, since the Valentine's event, I didn't got the exclusive clothing item in the boxes and can't invite a friend to the event. And it takes the double amount of energy to fill up a star on weekend events :(
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Yeah, I'm doing the same amount (more actually because I was usually in receipt of the full outfit Saturday evening) of gameplaying as I have since I started in July, and for the past 3 events of this sort I have not been able to reach the gold star, in this case the green dress. From July through January, I was always able to complete the quests and acquire the full outfit. I'm thinking Jan it changed, or started changing, and I haven't won the full prize since.

Other people expressed the same concerns. Apparently if you purchase the right gift boxes you get more shamrocks, hearts, whatever it is each week and can get the full prize. The gift box panels of 8, don't even have to have a bonus item there to blindly buy. I've bought gift boxes and 'won' clothes and hair I already had.

I just got shoes. 320 points, and 1 day and 6 hours to acquire another 380 points. Well, have to go try and finish the other two games for shoes.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • HelphelpHelphelp Registered Users 124 Posts
    Just got the shoes, and wow I see what you guys were talking about. 400 points for the dress?! NO WAY pahaha
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I played as much as I could during the last event. Just like the other events, other than the gifting one which I sailed through Lol, it was a wipeout for me. It's dejecting, (is that a word) to tap and tap and bleh.

Jobs during events need to be 3 hours or less. Not only did I have back to back 8 hour jobs during the event, but I had some that I had to wait something like 20 hours for? Why?

I'd like to be able to choose my jobs in order, during events. I'd like them to all be short, so when I play, I can finish it, and look forward to the next one. If I don't feel a sense of fake accomplishment, what good is it? Lol. How entertaining is defeat? :p

It's not the good type of defeat where I had to exercise an ability. It's just mindless tapping.

Edit: The event prior to this one, I bought FOUR 40-K-star boxes and it did not seem to make one bit of difference. I also wiped out and got no wearables in any of those boxes! And they didn't add any extra points during the event play either. Not that I could notice.

This time I didn't fall for the 40 K-star boxes. And I knew the whole time I couldn't win the event. Look, I know it's a first-world problem so to speak. By the same token (pun intended) I have already put $100s into this game.

Edit again: And once the event ended (in the middle of another 8 hour job, but since I was nowhere near the next prize level, fine), I have gotten back-to-back 8 hour jobs, as well. Those take 3 to 4 visits just to clear the task. (I don't know how to stop the task at less than 5 stars.) As soon as I finish one - does anything special happen? No. I go outside and Simon immediately gives me another one. :(
  • 1234talya1234talya Registered Users 34 Posts
    I agree I got tricked too.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    I played as much as I could during the last event. Just like the other events, other than the gifting one which I sailed through Lol, it was a wipeout for me. It's dejecting, (is that a word) to tap and tap and bleh.

Jobs during events need to be 3 hours or less. Not only did I have back to back 8 hour jobs during the event, but I had some that I had to wait something like 20 hours for? Why?

I'd like to be able to choose my jobs in order, during events. I'd like them to all be short, so when I play, I can finish it, and look forward to the next one. If I don't feel a sense of fake accomplishment, what good is it? Lol. How entertaining is defeat? :p

It's not the good type of defeat where I had to exercise an ability. It's just mindless tapping.

Edit: The event prior to this one, I bought FOUR 40-K-star boxes and it did not seem to make one bit of difference. I also wiped out and got no wearables in any of those boxes! And they didn't add any extra points during the event play either. Not that I could notice.

This time I didn't fall for the 40 K-star boxes. And I knew the whole time I couldn't win the event. Look, I know it's a first-world problem so to speak. By the same token (pun intended) I have already put $100s into this game.

Edit again: And once the event ended (in the middle of another 8 hour job, but since I was nowhere near the next prize level, fine), I have gotten back-to-back 8 hour jobs, as well. Those take 3 to 4 visits just to clear the task. (I don't know how to stop the task at less than 5 stars.) As soon as I finish one - does anything special happen? No. I go outside and Simon immediately gives me another one. :(

Hi. Believe me, I echo your sentiments about the gig and the prize, the boxes, the 8 hour gigs, the whole thing. BUT.... The way to stop a task at less than 5 stars, is easy. You just let the time run out. You don't get penalized for 4 Star events, so you can just do 4 Stars and walk away. When the time runs out the little completed box opens up in the middle of the screen showing your 4 stars. But that's the only way I can think you can stop the task at less than 5.

And when Simon immediately gives you another gig, you can either just tell him to keep looking, take the job and do it right away, or take the job and get to it when you want to. You are NEVER penalized for telling him no. Hope this helps in some small way. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    The worst part has been the gigs that last forever, Dirk drink event was a gig of 24 hours disguised as 8 hours, if I remember well the weekend of Kendall the gigs were like that too.This harms the gameplay a lot!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!