Options

First and Last name?

junko916junko916 Registered Users 7 Posts
Most of the characters in the game have both first and last names but in dialogues they're referred to by just their first name. It seems like if I have a first and last name everyone else always refers to me by my full name. Is there a way to get the game to differentiate between the two? Or are we meant to have only one name? I've also heard someone mention their player's name being repeated on the license plate of their car ex. Kim Kim

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok first off I don't know what car that is, I'll check my car, I don't see that being on the license plate. But I'll check. Now, as far as I know, when you set up your game they want to know the name you want. I put Z down and hit ok, so that's my name in one game. Simon will say "Z, glad I got you on the phone" But, in my friends games, I'm listed with my Google+ or my Game Center ID. So I think that is the 2 name issue, but I am pretty sure you can't change it in the game, and I don't know how you'd change the GC or Google+ IDs that your game uses.

So sorry. Now I'm off to look at my car. lol :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Diamond Di AvanzoDiamond Di Avanzo Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 42 Posts
    Hay junk! About the name I didn't put a last name on my character I just go by Diamond witch is my first name but if you want to change it I'll tell you a few things you can do fist off you can go to Maria anytime she hasn't called you and click on the bubble she will ask you if you want to change your name and you can pay not to loose fans or you can risk it and loose some fans, you can also go in the GC you go to your account in your device and change it there if by any circumstances it doesn't let you do it like that just plug in your device into your computer and when iTunes pop out you just sign in an from there you can change it also. Now about the car Ive never seen it or heard it before on that I can't help you lol but I wish you the best of luck in your game and with this lil situation :)
  • Options
    Okay sure I understand about Maria changing your name but how do you change your name on either game Center or Google plus? I'm seriously interested about that aspect. My 3 devices are too similar in their GC and Google+ Ids.

That being said, I didnt think Junks question was about changing as much as just having one name in the game. Sorry if I read it wrong. But theory, they could go to maria and change it to the same as the gc/g+ id.
    Or if you can change the other and keep your game and contacts
    that would work I just don't know how to change game Center or Google+plus ids.

Of course if it was going from chris jones to chris, then maria could change that for you.

Oh, and the car, Mine Says Kim Kim across the front. no name on any plates.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    krolkrol Registered Users 35 Posts
    I think you need to change your name on google+ profile to change the way your friends see your name. But I haven't test it.

No idea about GC.
  • Options
    I think this isn't the best advice. Do you know for sure that you will not lose progress if you change your google+ id? I try not to advise anything that will risk losing your game without saying - you may lose your game. Since the original poster has not come back to reply about any advice, I'm not offering any additional. But I honestly wouldn't do anything to risk my game progress. That's just me.

โš˜
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I obviously didn't tought about that, and for that I am really sorry and I'm gonna pay more attention in that in the future.

Now let me try to explain what I was thinking, since google account is based in an email address and not a name I thought things would be the same, like, for exemple, I have different names in my G+ and mais Gmail, because my real name is Carolina, not Carol, but both are linked in the same email address.

I went to try it and see what happens, but G+ has a limit about how many times you can change your name (because people usually doesn't change their names in real life, yes, it's write it in there haha) and since I don't want to change and not be able to change back, I decline. It was said there that changing my name would affect everything that my account is linked, (like changing my name in everywhere) but it could take a few days to made the change in everything, so I was made to think that it works, but I don't know the consequences.

I would advise not do that unless you really want to change your account name, because there's always a risk.
  • Options
    Oh Krol, no worries. I just have given advice, and sadly, a good friend has been forced to start over. Lose all her progress, her things, but worst of all, know we can't get her reconnected with her old friends. She can make new friends, but I can't tell you how sad I am to not play with her. While my advice wasn't followed exactly, I think if I had stressed put the game on your new device before you take it off the old one, maybe that would have stood out, and I might be playing with her today.

So, that's why you will ALWAYS here me say, I'm too scared to try that, or some other cautionary tale. So, you were not in the wrong to give the advice, Mama Bear just has to come in with the disclaimer. ;)

Hey, we started a weekend event party thread in General Discussions, we'd love to see you there during the Weekend. It's casual, fun and I just opened it a little while ago, so it's not rocking yet. ;) But come by anytime and often.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Oh I get it! But you're right, we need to be careful cause I would hate to see someone lose their game because an advice of mine!

About the weekend thread, you can wait me there!
  • Options
    Hi. Yeah, you're like me, we hate to make mistakes with other peoples stuff. Anyway, here's the Weekend party thread, HOPEFULLy the teaser will pop up around noon. Last week I think they kept us waiting till Friday. UGH. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?128194-Weekend-Event-3-27-*Wishin-and-Hopin-%29 Party's just starting. See you there.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary