Since I can't make a Poll....I need a vote

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
:confused: Hi. I need your input. In view of how, once we started the big event threads each week, the event has been met with less enthusiasm? So, the Event threads are fun, but are they jinxing it? Maybe if we act a little hard to get the Special Sale outfits will start again. *DWL (dopey woman logic)

So please vote, by posting if we should continue the host/hoopla events, or just take a pass, sit back and see what happens?

Also, since I would love to have a Poll Function, would you vote on issue 2 - Give me a Poll Function.
(I love polls. I'll tell you the story about some of my polls in the Apropos thread if someone asks. lol)

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Totally on board with you on this!
    We need Glu to give us the opportunity to buy the gifts that we want and not to gamble and be a little bit cooler for the weekend activities..
    Nice activism Koko! You rock this blog!
    Kisses
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I vote to keep the event threads :
    I think Glu creeps and reads the threads (I have no basis for this assumption). If they are reading them and we stop voicing our dissatisfaction then things may never change.

Disclaimer : I'm a woman and am subject to filp-flop without notice.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i vote Take A Pass

those are 20-40 page threads. that's alot of traffic on this site to be ignoring or turning a blind eye to. so lets see what they do if we play hard to get for a bit. usually works for women lol

and yes they should turn on the poll options but restrict it to people with at least 50 posts or more so you don't have a bunch of newbies making polls before they've learned the ropes.
    no i don't have any chill
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I think they likely read all of the threads, so they'll know what we're trying to do, but of course you should have a poll function :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    You know how developers are always bugging us to rate the new update? If we had a poll function here, we could ask members how they rated the update in Google Play or iTunes. I think poll numbers coupled with ratings in the store will garner more attention, so yes to polls.

As Alkoholics mentions, those event threads are 20-40 pages of chatter. From a business standpoint, culling through them for feedback is time consuming and might not be effective as a way to judge how our comments will affect their bottom line. You know how any publicity is good for business? As long as we're actively playing, so what if thread posts are somewhat negative? Pass to event thread hoopla.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Mklove wrote: »
    Totally on board with you on this!
    We need Glu to give us the opportunity to buy the gifts that we want and not to gamble and be a little bit cooler for the weekend activities..
    Nice activism Koko! You rock this blog!
    Kisses

Aww, but it's not activism. Self preservation said the woman who hasn't worked for a while. I (we?) may be die hard addicts. But we're addicted to the fun. Not the feelings of self loathing that come along with losing when we don't pick the boxes that have what we want. I'm not a masochist. The fun good - blindly wasting our stars and therefore cash it's like gambling. Especially because of the number of younger people playing the game) Do we want to be risking it at OTB, or shopping the sales at Bloomies? I'm not alone in this.

Speaking purely as a woman, I know how women like to shop. I know what makes us spend more. Because there is a sale, we buy a lot because we save a lot of money. If I save 10 on a hat, imagine how much I save if I buy 10 hats. No where does taking a chance enter into it. I've been a woman a long time. I've been shopping since I was a baby with my mother.

But that wasn't my point. I wanted to know if you vote for us to step back from the technicolor party event thread for a week and see how we feel.

And should we ask for a poll function?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    The weekend event threads doesn't bother me! I think is fun!
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    I like the weekend parties it gives me something to look forward too.
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I really enjoy the weekend threads, I think it's something fun to look forward. Honestly guys, IRL I don't have a lot of social interaction. I love being around people but work takes up a lot of my time. I'm a relatively young person without kids but I can neither afford the finances or time that a lot of real life activities demand. KKH and these forums are good social interaction for me because it's something I can do while working and relaxing at home. It's my "unwind" time. I hope you guys don't think of me as a loser, lol. I promise I'm not a socially awkward weirdo (not fully anyway). That's just my input. :)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Eselletea you're so not! :)

Another thing to remember is the weekend events are a big deal to people and someone is bound to talk about them so Koko you might end up shutting down a lot of threads. Even if we don't have the hosted party threads someone is bound to start one, or two or three ;)
    Oh no, I'm not shutting any threads that pop up. That's Kray Kray Talk Doll. I simply meant, instead of starting Thursday or something, with a host/hostess video openings and whole party thing, we'd just go back to what we did before the multifaceted Gluapalooza Party thread. Of course people can talk about it, We'll all talk about it, I was talking about the fanfare, the hoopla, the videos, the graphics. I wanted to know if everyone wanted it, or thought we should take a pass and see if the weekend event warrants the Mega Thread Event we've been doing.

Oh, and howabout a Poll function? If we had a Poll Function, we could take a poll and see if people wanted the poll function.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Eselletea wrote: »
    I really enjoy the weekend threads, I think it's something fun to look forward. Honestly guys, IRL I don't have a lot of social interaction. I love being around people but work takes up a lot of my time. I'm a relatively young person without kids but I can neither afford the finances or time that a lot of real life activities demand. KKH and these forums are good social interaction for me because it's something I can do while working and relaxing at home. It's my "unwind" time. I hope you guys don't think of me as a loser, lol. I promise I'm not a socially awkward weirdo (not fully anyway). That's just my input. :)

Aww, thank you Eselletea. You're not a loser, And there will always be threads to talk about things here. Maybe the weekend event will be awesome, and we'll throw up (heh heh I'm so immature) a lavish event thread at the last minute. I'm always trying to get a read on the consensus of the forum. And I love this place too.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Well the weekend threads are fun, I myself miss a lot of posts 'cause there are so many. But still I like the weekend parties as we can see each others progress and share our views on it :)

YES to the Poll function!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Eselletea wrote: »

Estelle, you are so not awkward, I feel the same way.
    I get excited with the thought of weekend parties!
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
    Oh no, I'm not shutting any threads that pop up. That's Kray Kray Talk Doll. I simply meant, instead of starting Thursday or something, with a host/hostess video openings and whole party thing, we'd just go back to what we did before the multifaceted Gluapalooza Party thread. Of course people can talk about it, We'll all talk about it, I was talking about the fanfare, the hoopla, the videos, the graphics. I wanted to know if everyone wanted it, or thought we should take a pass and see if the weekend event warrants the Mega Thread Event we've been doing.

Oh, and howabout a Poll function? If we had a Poll Function, we could take a poll and see if people wanted the poll function.
    Oh I get your logic now I think pass on the weekend event parties for the reason you said and for all the people that will miss the parties we could have a non event related party :) and yes to poll function

We could have a host party thread (non event related) where we have a forum member and just throw them a party and give them a dress to wear like Kim does in the game but the dress has to be cooler and not make the person feel like a beige curtain. And the thread could be a bit like apropos of nothing but with more food, and people could post pictures of their kkh selves in what they want to wear to the party. Ok I'm just doing typing version of thinking out loud now on second thoughts maybe this idea is a bit lame :D
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    I can tell you that we won't implement polls for everyone. But in this case, we'll do it for the community mods. Koko, you should be able to post a poll now.

People will have to have posted once before they can vote.
    Oh if I didn't before (which I did) I love you now. OMG, I have to think of a really good poll to start. I have to go take the muphins out of the oven. Oh, I'm so happy. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    I can tell you that we won't implement polls for everyone. But in this case, we'll do it for the community mods. Koko, you should be able to post a poll now.

People will have to have posted once before they can vote.
    Most excellent! Koko, ready, set, G O A L ! I mean, poll! Lol.
    Hmmm, ok, now I just have to figure out how to do it. I wonder if this is a test to see if I'm industrious enough to find bbcode for it, and do it. lol. I do have an option for a poll, and number of options, but other than that it does nothing. So, I'll be back, and there will be a poll. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Hmmm, ok, now I just have to figure out how to do it. I wonder if this is a test to see if I'm industrious enough to find bbcode for it, and do it. lol. I do have an option for a poll, and number of options, but other than that it does nothing. So, I'll be back, and there will be a poll. lol.

If anyone can figure it out... It's you Koko! I can't wait for your first poll, I'm definitely voting 😊
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    wow we're growing, we now have the right to polls!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Yeah, but right now it's like giving a coloring book to a blind woman. lol. But, I'm still looking.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Yeah, but right now it's like giving a coloring book to a blind woman. lol. But, I'm still looking.

I'm late to comment, because you've learned Koko, but died laughing with your comment imagining the scene you described, I'm a bad person!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Thank You Vats, I have my moments. You should see half the stuff that gets erased before posted. Then there's the stuff that's up till I see it in post on the forum. So that comes down or gets heavily edited. Sometimes it's here.....it's gone. and if you see the before and after posts. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary