Options

How do you finish events without spending $$!?

Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
This weekend I just HAD to have that outfit. I've been playing all weekend and had only gotten 3/5 pieces from the event. I ended up having to spend $60 this weekend to finish! O_0 how do y'all do it without spending cash? I know of the certain bad way but I don't want to do that because what's the point in playing!?

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Are you talking about the gift box outfit pieces? The only way to get gift boxes, past the one that you earn in the even (for the 1st 25 Event Stars) is to spend stars. 40 Stars per box. And you may or may not get an event bonus item. You finish the event, when you've collected the incremental outfit pieces. the boots, the bag, and the garment. That's what you can get without spending cash.

Anything in the gift boxes, purely for purchase, by luck of the draw so to speak.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    An investment of time not money. Start as soon as possible, set your alarm if necessary, and keep at it nonstop until you've reached your breaking point or your family rebels, lol.
  • Options
    Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    Not the giftboxes the outfit from doing the gigs and 5 starring them. I figured some of y'all probably set alarms heh heh. I may need to try that for next weekend ^_^
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I set my alarm every 50 minutes cuz that's when I can re-tap the "pose for group pictures" etc. My family gets annoyed lol.
    PM to add
  • Options
    SukiSuki Registered Users 111 Posts
    Tapping fire hydrants, birds etc. really helps too. You can get ~5 extra energy every 2 minutes from California alone
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I have never paid for anything in this game.

I start when the event starts. I can usually get the party events done, no problem. The 5-star events I don't always finish and I'm OK with that. If I do finish, then there is a lot of tapping going on. I also go on there about every hour or two (not when I'm sleeping, though) and tap on the group pics, small talk, whatever it says on the person I invited to help complete my gig. You get the most stars that way. I also have a few pets in the game. It helps when you have the plane and a car because then it's easy to tap all over for energy.

I think the number one thing that helps is timing and setting alarms, etc.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ah, when they said 3/5 of the outfit, and spending 60Euros I assumed it was the other outfits.

I buy stars, and outfits and things in the game, but I don't pay for energy. I get up in the middle of the night if I have to . I'm a light sleeper, and when the event if going on, I get up about 3, empty my energy and rack up rewards, go back to sleep and do it again 3 hours later. The 2 biggest things you can do in the game to improve it, is a) but even a small pack of stars to elimindate the ads. It's like a different world once the ads in every scene stop. THe game play is so much smoother.

b) You have to buy the plane and a vehicle. Once you are no longer paying for transportation, you will never run out of energy (travel around the various locations and tap your way to vitality) and your bank account will increase greatly.. You can travel the KKH Globe endlessly tapping for energy and finishing your gigs.

Hope this helps Kupkakez
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    FaithRoseFaithRose Registered Users 22 Posts
    Hi! I've never spent any real money in the game (got those student loans to pay), and it's definitely possible to complete the weekend events; it just takes a lot of dedication. Since I have the jet, when I'm low on energy I'll go all around the world tapping on things until my energy is back up. It's tedious, but I can usually finish 8 hr events in under an hour. I also make sure to get energy from all my pets whenever they refill (which comes to like 12 energy every 4 hours). Hope I could help!
    Add me on Game Center! Alkatneu