General Complaints Thread

Comments

• AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    not the best choice of words when dealing with another male but imma let myself be great anyway
    no i don't have any chill
  • SukiSuki Registered Users 111 Posts
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    complaining about people not receiving gifts is fine but c'mon lets not get long in the tooth

edit: i play with kiwis & aussies so i've picked up bits of lingo. it's a nice way of saying "you've got to be sh*tting me"

I'm a kiwi (born and raised) and have never come across that expression before! Learn something new everyday haha
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Suki wrote: »
    I'm a kiwi (born and raised) and have never come across that expression before! Learn something new everyday haha

So Alkoholiks plays with you, then? <jealous>

Watch out for Apple P. Her jealousy can be terrifying.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

YESSSS The shade! omg Luz you're dragging her. :D

Trevor, hon, I didn't want it to sound so rough as all that. I was just cringing a little because her posts had become increasingly surreal.

But Effyd is clearly a nice person who I didn't mean to be horrible to. Sorry, Effyd.

I also don't mean to rebuke you, Trevor. I like you you both. How about this: Everybody come over to my house, and I'll feed you tasty dried catfish. Or Twinkies. Or cigarettes and champagne. Or kiwis and aussies. Or bananas and cucumbers. However you personally roll. Just want to see you smile.

<but no lotion-slathered elves in baskets at benihanas, Koko. Don't worry. I'll be good.>

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Morning Guys and Dolls. What a beautiful Day. I think we need music. After all, two games get new shoes today. :)

Hey, one game just got the shoes. she has 252, can I do 248 Stars in 12 hours? That would be 20 stars an hour. Hmmmmm, I've been in this for 48 hours? and I've done 252? Yeah, Not gonna make it. :(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    Dating is my biggest frustration, I wish we didn't have to go on a date every single day or give up k-stars. I mean I don't go out on a date with my real husband everyday way do I have to go out with my game husband. Maybe we can just check in with out husband at home everyday and go out with him even every other day would be better. I divorced my 1st husband a few months ago and I was enjoyed the game so much more without the added pressure of going on a date everyday. Since the dating event I have a husband again but I'm thinking about just divorcing him too.
    Oh sure Luz, trying to turn my East Wing Wacky Tabbacky Den into a Smoking Lounge for the forum. Ok, You want it, You got it. This reminds me of the stories my great great uncle would tell, about traveling the world in the Navy, and the Hashish and Opium Den's he used to frequent in the Orient. He was a Character. So, I'm naming it for him if you don't mind. I christian the Room, the JPSullivan Hooka Lounge. You don't like the smoke..........get out the lounge.

To show we all complain: I'll start. All about DATING _ What is this new ish, where I can be summond for a date from my spouse in the early afternoon, and again around 10 at night? If Ray's tweets came with a date/time stamp it would be helpful. But, it doesn't matter if you prove your case with screenshots.......when it comes to dating the game has it's own set of rules. THe rules that tick me off are:
    • Support WROTE telling me that the timer is just a guideline and has no relevance to when stars will be demanded to keep the relationship, and means nothing when the game says "Pay up or lose the relationship" 6 Hours left with screenshots to prove? means nothing. Game wants Star Ransom - pay up or break up.
    • Yesterday 2 games each demanded 2 dates, even though the first dates of the day for each game resulted in 5 Stars.. While the Earn a Star for each JOB is ticking, it's unfair to throw in additional mandatory non gig tasks.

Marriage was an option back in the fall. Now it's one more choice that has been taken away. If the same krud happens with Babies, well, they better start DFS, I see a lot of neglected kids if we're forced to get them.
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Kmbaby3 wrote: »
    Dating is my biggest frustration, I wish we didn't have to go on a date every single day or give up k-stars. Since the dating event I have a husband again but I'm thinking about just divorcing him too.
    The only reason I'm staying married rn is because I think we are going to need to be married when the baby update finally arrives in order to adopt/birth a child.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    The only reason I'm staying married rn is because I think we are going to need to be married when the baby update finally arrives in order to adopt/birth a child.

I thought about that too but Kim wasn't even married when she had North how can they force us to be married!
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    Suki wrote: »

oh wow you never heard "come off it mate". maybe it's just something these b*stards say idk i enjoy it tho in the accents.
    no i don't have any chill
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    complaining about people not receiving gifts is fine but c'mon lets not get long in the tooth

edit: i play with kiwis & aussies so i've picked up bits of lingo. it's a nice way of saying "you've got to be sh*tting me"

Do you mean the "long in the tooth" phrase? I asked DH (he's Aussie and I lived there for 5 years) and he said it means to get old and wiser.

Or do you mean it "really gives me the sh*ts"? Because that means it really annoys me. I always giggle when I would hear someone say "He really gives me the sh*ts!".

On a side note, I'm not going to be able to get the dress. 500 stars is too many!
    It might have felt more do-able for a party weekend, but these gigs weekends are killer anyway. A 500 star gigs weekend? I didn't even really get started. Just getting to the first prize felt like plenty of work.

• EffyEffy Banned Users 50 Posts
    Yes, I used to play a hacked game. Then I started over after receiving a lot of hate on the forums. I come on here to socialize and share the fun of the game, not to get attacked over past actions.
    Effyd, we're happy to give you a break, but you have to give us a break, too. Can you kind of understand why people think what they think?

There's like 2 or 3 items that come with level 32. But sadly, gifting hasn't been working for quite some time so I had to put an end to that gifting thread. I just got home from a really long night and coming back to all this aggression on every thread I've posted on was not fun.
    No, I'm sure it wasn't. But nobody means any harm, really. This weekend seems to have put people a bit out of sorts.

"YESSSS The shade! omg Luz you're dragging her."
    Harm was meant, really, but I'm too old to be too receptive about petty insults. I just like to play the game like I'm sure all of you do! :)
    I look forward to reading your posts in the future and hopefully, we can start off on the right foot.
    You need music to drive your final push to win the dress, Koko?

[video=youtube_share;5yOCrXC8G3g]http://youtu.be/5yOCrXC8G3g[/video]

• xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Be happy effy <3 x and everyone
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Pause,

You'd be able to gift 220 contacts if gifts were going thru? that's potentially 440-660 wardrobe items...

(~_^)
    Effy wrote: »
    There's like 2 or 3 items that come with level 32. But sadly, gifting hasn't been working for quite some time so I had to put an end to that gifting thread. I just got home from a really long night and coming back to all this aggression on every thread I've posted on was not fun.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Guys, please cut effy a little slack. I know some of us may not agree with how she plays the game but there was definitely some flaming going on last night and from what I understand that's against the rules. And the gifting thing that she has mentioned is an issue...I've not received some that I know people have sent and vice versa.

I'm not trying to call anyone out or be rude, so please don't take it that way. I love all you guys and really enjoy coming here but there was a lot of hostility here this weekend that made me feel icky. Let's try to stay positive. I know this is a venting thread and I'm alllll for that but I think we'll get a little further if we stay united.

<333
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    I really couldn't care less if she plays a hacked game or not because it really has no affect on me...
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    ERGG.

It's 3.45 AM here. AM, not PM. I'm still frigging up. What for? Those stupid stars.
    PM to add
    Eselletea wrote: »
    Guys, please cut effy a little slack. I know some of us may not agree with how she plays the game but there was definitely some flaming going on last night and from what I understand that's against the rules. And the gifting thing that she has mentioned is an issue...I've not received some that I know people have sent and vice versa.

I'm not trying to call anyone out or be rude, so please don't take it that way. I love all you guys and really enjoy coming here but there was a lot of hostility here this weekend that made me feel icky. Let's try to stay positive. I know this is a venting thread and I'm alllll for that but I think we'll get a little further if we stay united.

<333

This was very nice of you, thanks!
    Anyway, in other news my last day of school is this Tuesday and then it'll be summer! ;)
    And hopefully either Katy's game or Kendall & Kylie's game will be coming out this summer to give me something to play.
    Effy wrote: »
    Yes, I used to play a hacked game. Then I started over after receiving a lot of hate on the forums. I come on here to socialize and share the fun of the game, not to get attacked over past actions.

Oh no hate here. We just get frustrated when the game seems hostile. Have you seen what this weekend had done to AppleP? She's been binging on QuarterPounders and BananaSplits. She's not taking care of herself. All because she's unable to get the dress. Or the things in the gift boxes.

But seriously, if you still feel any negativity, please pm me, point it out and let me try and fix it. It takes a lot of Moxie to come out and say yes, you played a hacked game, and not any more. Please understand it's not against you personally, and believe me if you spent as much cash on the game as some of us have, then to see people with unlimited stars wearing all the gift box and event items an hour after the event starts really really cheeses us off. If you got hit by that, I apologize. If there are other instances, direct hits so to speak, I'm not able to read everything (specially when I'm grinding for a dress) please pm me, and we'll see what we can work out.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    Those $%^#+*%! Blasted dialogue pop-ups during gigs! Khlöe and Kris both had comments to make in that cramped space of Lif during "Unstoppable." Couldn't tap a single star without setting off a comment. The pop-ups ought not be active throughout the entire gig or we won't be able to speed up the energy recharge. Or is that the point? ⁞⁝•ֱ̀␣̍•́⁝⁞
    I agree RubyD, the bubbles are awful. Glu, can something happen with this? It's extremely annoying when you're trying to collect the rewards and Kim/Khloe/Kourtney/Kris will not st*u! I only need to read what they say one time...seriously
    No problem Effy! I think it's great that you came clean and started playing a non hacked game. Nothing but props to you for that. I must admit I was initially extremely frustrated with the whole hack subject...but hey, sometimes you don't know people's real life situations and not all people can afford to have everything in this game. It cost a lot of money. Now does that make hacks/cheating okay? Definitely not.

I hope my post didn't offend trevoractor or anyone else. Nothing but love, seriously! :)
    I really couldn't care less if she plays a hacked game or not because it really has no affect on me...

She said she just stopped, and for anyone playing a hacked game, please understand we know the hack exists, I think we've all received a few gifts, but the big trigger of bad feelings, is when people with the hack complain "Oh I wish the would put a 'gift all' button in to make it easier to gift entire wardrobes" Things like that have been said over and over. It never plays well when the event outfits are out of reach to most players. That's what this complain thread was made for.

If Effy felt uncomfortable because of comments against hacking, that is NOT against the rules, and that will never change. If they were specific comments towards her, that's a different story. I can say Hackers ruin it for everyone. That's AOK. If I say Melvin's hacking is ruining it for everyone.....that's not ok.

So, with those guidelines in place, I'll be happy to go through all the posts and clean it up and write nasty pms to people, or and this is entirely up to Effy, we can start fresh and not look back. Or do I just start slamming threads closed? This reflects very poorly on me.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I don't want anyone to be punished or anything! I was just surprised to log on and see pages of comments on various threads. I wasn't expecting such heavy backlash. But seriously, a "gift all" option? Hahaha, jeez.