General Complaints Thread

Comments

• trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I've typed out like 20 responses and then just deleted them. I guess this is just a case where silence will speak louder than words
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    Effy wrote: »
    I don't want anyone to be punished or anything! I was just surprised to log on and see pages of comments on various threads. I wasn't expecting such heavy backlash. But seriously, a "gift all" option? Hahaha, jeez.
    Yeah; a gift all button would be bad as the pleasure is in giving, and too many of my GC contacts have everything already. I'd like a wish list so I can see what players really want. Also, a gift all button would ruin the game for me as I like to look forward to getting some goods. To have one person gift me everything? Awful. :-)

Effy, sorry you've been having problems with gifting. Me too. I've gifted you, and others, but no longer can tell if anyone's received anything from me. Major bummer. . .
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Ok, let's all put an end to the whole gifting issue here. Ruby, you missed the point. Known Hack players have complained it's too time consuming. THey wanted a faster way to give away 'stolen' merchandise. And they wanted Glu to provide it. I was being sarcastic, and yet amazed at the blatancy.

However, any more discussion about the hacked issue, and gifting, and negativity towards reformed hackers is to end for the time being. I'll let you know when/if that changes. ;)

Now, Let's purpose of this thread, was displeasure with events and not wanting to rain on the parade of those who are happy with the whole event. And believe me, when I have the good sense to say you're not getting 300 stars in 3 hours, I'll probably come back and really cry in my beer. Now seriously, has no one taken a good look at AppleP lately?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I was just checking on her throughout the day to see how long you could stand using that hair! I've been starting to worry about you!

ce403100-56c9-42c4-a04f-5a28594d7075_zpsmx8jepg2.jpg
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

hmmm, how about the whole look? Looks like her nose was broken, her face is pudgy, she looks like she was dressed by a blind person on a bender. I'm telling you. Seeing those two outfits and not getting either, no matter how hard she worked was awesome. Looks like she's going to be about 35 stars short.

But I have other things to do now.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Have to admit, I actually love that nose and that round little face. I know it's not your usual look, but she's so sweet. And Luz' long-time girlfriend has that same sweet little round face...

The rest of the look, um, well, it's fascinating. A study in dressing by temper-tantrum!

But I have other things to do now.

Jesus, that sounds a little scary! Remind me to behave a little better around here...

• EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Oh my, poor AppleP! She looks how I feel right now :p
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    another vote here for the **** chat bubbles! i had to move my game to my ipad a few days ago and the bigger screen real estate really makes a difference with those pesky placed bubbles.

poor AppleP she need something really
    no i don't have any chill
    Tell me more Alk, she's starting to bounce back. lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I will say this. Jedi is stoic. He didn't even flinch, when the photog asked her to please wipe the bbq sauce off her hands, and she wiped all right. All over her skirt. You can see a little glimpse of dread in his eyes. He was a real gentleman about the gig, and her lack of caring.

She's doing better I think. Although she did jump into the purple ruffled shirt as soon as she was feeling more like herself. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i really can't talk i've gone ginger in honor of Danny boy. me irish grandmother would be proud!
    no i don't have any chill
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    lower the requirements for events!
    PM to add
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I have to say...I was thinking the same, Naimonster.

That last dress required 400 event stars, I think.

Most people are busier on weekends, and that's also family time for people with families.

At any rate, adding shorter jobs (which I did get a few of, 'bonus jobs' from Simon at the end of this event, which is one reason I decided to buy and push my way through the end) and also lowering the total for winning...

It shouldn't be too frustrating. It's always a game first.
    It was 500 for the dress. Alas, I'm not even thinking about how close I was with one, I just couldn't keep going. THen all the krapola started in the threads....not a good night. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Eselletea wrote: »
    And the gifting thing that she has mentioned is an issue...I've not received some that I know people have sent and vice versa.

I haven't been in the forums for a little bit and haven't read the dust-up yet. But just to reply to this part, quoted above.

It does seem to be an issue in the game; I have seen people mention it on facebook, and also, here in the past. And I think it has happened to me.

Sometimes I will get a pop up that (name here) has sent a gift. I go to find it...and there is nothing there.

Other times I have sent people multiple gifts, and I don't see any of them on their dolls.

Gifting is one of the pleasures of the game, and it increases revenue for the company; so that's an important issue, IMO.
    It was 500 for the dress. Alas, I'm not even thinking about how close I was with one, I just couldn't keep going. THen all the krapola started in the threads....not a good night. :(

500...wow. I only remembered that it seemed like a lot and seemed impossible.

I have literally fallen asleep with my iPad open, trying to stay up to tap enough times...I think the events are a bit too difficult to complete. JMO

Sorry if there was a bad time in the forums, hope it is all peaceful again.

(Edit: OK I have read the previous pages, now; so I have some idea of what happened. Can I just state that I buy my K stars, and I always have? Enough said...)
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I'm beyond annoyed right now. I'm so sick of not having storylines I don't know what to do.

The only time I receive storylines is for weekend events and updates. In both of these situations, I only receive 1 storyline which has 2-3 gigs than it's right back to Simon and his side calls.

I want to blame it on the comebacks, but after I thought about I remembered I did the comebacks bcuz I was only getting side calls from Simon. Based on the description of the comebacks I figured I would have a plethora of gigs... But that didn't happen, and I think it's false advertising.

I'm on level 33 so there's no wardrobe left to unlock. I've done all three comebacks. W T H now????

Maybe Glu should consider structuring exclusive storylines based on level and rank +, ++, +++ and hey while they're at it, give the amount of K Stars rewarded based on level. One friggin K Star per level doesn't do anything for anyone. If a player has spent their time and makes it to level 27 give them 27 K Stars please. Stop being stingy with K Stars and give ppl a reason to keep moving forward in the game. And another thing why do only spouses give energy, why not the friends I've added. If you can make a contact spit out exp...you certainly make them spit out an energy bolt. (I'll add that to the suggestion thread)

If I hadn't spent plenty of money on this game I would chuck up the deuces. ✌
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    The gigs should be more consistent with using energy. Sometimes my 37 energies will fill up 2 full stars and other gigs it barely fills up a star. I feel like I never finish those gigs because my energy has to fill back up at least 4 times to finish. I think all the gigs should be consistent with the number of energy used and should be easier to finish.
  • MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    Yes! Like why are there are different kinds of 8 hr gigs.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • LykkeSkyeLykkeSkye Registered Users 26 Posts
    I'm assuming others have been experiencing this, but does it annoy anyone else that especially during these last few updates, the gigs related to storylines are making us wait significantly much longer, like 24-hours before Simon calls you? For instance, with this recent Perez update, I just got done with this gig at 10AX in Florence where I saw Chad Dylan Parker cheating on Crystal with this character named Jaclyn, and my next gig in this storyline is to catch them at Chateau Nuit, which won't be available for another 24 hours! Ugh, so now I have nothing to do but throw parties, do shifts at So Chic or Kardash, and date my husband. If they could make this next gig available 8 or 12 hours away from now, I wouldn't be so annoyed or obviously impatient. Have the developers purposely done this, spreading out storyline gigs, so we won't have huge gaps of nothingness between updates?
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    I don`t know if is a complaining or a frustration, but i wonder why we don´t get crayon skirts. Like i saw on Twiter that the cream dress from giftboxes (that one it came on red, cream, blue and black) is inspired from Khloe K is actually under knee dress and i think is so great. But we got it in the game as a short one. Also, the other Khloe dress (from the last update) is with a great nuance of blue, but we got it in the game with a dark not-so-great blue.
    The fact that we don`t have crayon skirts is about the posture of our dolls? I mean she stays like...with her legs apart?!
    What do you guys think??

Sorry if i didn´t expressed too well, english is not my first language.
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    LykkeSkye wrote: »
    For instance, with this recent Perez update, I just got done with this gig at 10AX in Florence where I saw Chad Dylan Parker cheating on Crystal with this character named Jaclyn, and my next gig in this storyline is to catch them at Chateau Nuit, which won't be available for another 24 hours! Ugh, so now I have nothing to do but throw parties, do shifts at So Chic or Kardash, and date my husband.

This has been going on since the Holiday update. Tasks with Kendall and Kylie, OutRAGEous events, Singh enterprises etc. I've posted in the suggestion thread, hope they reconsider it. One task per day is ridiculous.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    I was on the same bandwagon (you can find my posts) complaining that a 3 hour gig at Muse used to take about 30 Energy. ANd now, I start with 43 and have to wait for more energy. Till I noticed I'm getting a much bigger payday. I never used to get 600 for a 3 hour muse shoot. I realized this when I did another photoshoot there 3 hours, less than full energy, and it only payed high 200$. So, I'm not saying that's the only thing, but I'd love to hear if you're noticing the same thing. The energy is directly related to the payout. Give yourself a day or two and just keep an eye on it. (I know, there are wonderful people here on the forum who will compile a statistical breakdown of energy/payout on various 3 hour gigs.) Just wanted to toss out my recent observation. If instead of looking at things with a preconceived 'the game is out to cheat us' and approach it as "Glu wants us to play and enjoy it, so why could this be happening" it's happier playing, plus.....it let me notice the energy proportionate to payout pattern. Of course there are some 'event' things where it's like we're giving away all our energy. Looking for Kim's Earring present for her mom? Full tank of gas and what did we get? But those are special instances.

See if you notice my theory. I'm telling you, I'm seeing a lot more 600$ gigs than 275$.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm assuming others have been experiencing this, but does it annoy anyone else that especially during these last few updates, the gigs related to storylines are making us wait significantly much longer, like 24-hours before Simon calls you? For instance, with this recent Perez update, I just got done with this gig at 10AX in Florence where I saw Chad Dylan Parker cheating on Crystal with this character named Jaclyn, and my next gig in this storyline is to catch them at Chateau Nuit, which won't be available for another 24 hours! Ugh, so now I have nothing to do but throw parties, do shifts at So Chic or Kardash, and date my husband. If they could make this next gig available 8 or 12 hours away from now, I wouldn't be so annoyed or obviously impatient. Have the developers purposely done this, spreading out storyline gigs, so we won't have huge gaps of nothingness between updates?

You should be getting calls from Simon with Side Gigs. They are random jobs that aren't part of quests, but give you cash, experience, and other payouts. If you are NOT getting anything but the Quest gigs, then you are probably suffering from "Have an open gig somewhere" This is a side gig Simon called about, you said yes, he assumed you headed out to go there and it has disappeared from your task tabs. So, you have to go searching for your gig. Go to every photoplace, film studio, restaurant (it could be an appearance) go everywhere until you walk in and find a gig waiting for you.

The same thing happens when you 'lose' your date somewhere. You should definitely go to every single location in the game and you will find your job. The timer hasn't started yet, because you never went there. Find your gig, finish it, and then when you are not actively in a quest, Simon will call with side jobs. If you don't like anything he has, he says he'll call back in an hour, and a timer tab appears on the left hand side. If you do not have this timer, it means he thinks you're off doing that last side gig he gave you.

Good luck, and please let me know if this doesn't fix that problem.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I didn't even get a quest where we spotted Chad cheating on crystal.... Maybe I just haven't gotten to it yet idk but for some reason I'm still doing quests for ALT even though I swear I'd done them all
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    You're absolutley right. I did notice that I was getting more money for gigs but for some reason I was attributing it to doing the comeback and going up to A list but now that I think about it and as I keep playing I do get more money for the gigs that use up more energy. And I do love the gigs that pay out more especially since I'm married again and I'm a fan of dating at Oak where I spend more but use less energy.

I didn't mean to sound like I thought glu was out to cheat us, i was just noticing that some were taking me too long and I couldn't finish with 5 stars. I love the game and have been playing since the day it came out and I even loss all my progress when iOS 8 came out and my iPad crashed and I started over again. So sorry if I sounded like I was bashing the game or the creators because they've helped me with a lot with my personal game too.

I do feel better now that you've pointed out that I'm getting more money for those gigs! Now if they will just let me call a friend for all the gigs!
    I was on the same bandwagon (you can find my posts) complaining that a 3 hour gig at Muse used to take about 30 Energy. ANd now, I start with 43 and have to wait for more energy. Till I noticed I'm getting a much bigger payday. I never used to get 600 for a 3 hour muse shoot. I realized this when I did another photoshoot there 3 hours, less than full energy, and it only payed high 200$. So, I'm not saying that's the only thing, but I'd love to hear if you're noticing the same thing. The energy is directly related to the payout. Give yourself a day or two and just keep an eye on it. (I know, there are wonderful people here on the forum who will compile a statistical breakdown of energy/payout on various 3 hour gigs.) Just wanted to toss out my recent observation. If instead of looking at things with a preconceived 'the game is out to cheat us' and approach it as "Glu wants us to play and enjoy it, so why could this be happening" it's happier playing, plus.....it let me notice the energy proportionate to payout pattern. Of course there are some 'event' things where it's like we're giving away all our energy. Looking for Kim's Earring present for her mom? Full tank of gas and what did we get? But those are special instances.

See if you notice my theory. I'm telling you, I'm seeing a lot more 600$ gigs than 275$.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts

That's the point. I always pick the character roles, high-profile appearances, international cover features and glamor fashion shows compared to small roles, random appearances, local spreads and informal fashion shows. These require more energy but the payout is better.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    I have a complaint about this weekend. People are running around with hour long side gigs, and yet I am saddled with Khloe & Kim tasks, that pay 140$, are 8 hour in length, and do not let me bring a friend. I started the weekend out pretty clear, one device had one 8 hour gig. Did that and the entire weekend has been this way. In what world do I go into a gig with 40 Energy, spend them all and haven't even filled a star yet, and I'm getting 140 for the whole gig. So, 3 Kstars a day is not worth my time or energy. Very tempted to start them, go out for dinner and a movie, go to bed, come back tomorrow morning and it will have expired. I can't be the only one experiencing this. So, pass the hookah and scoot over, I'm sitting down. ;)

ETA: Guess what. I just got to invite a friend to a Miami gig.

What's worse with my original complaint, is there isn't a special runway because it's only you. It's the same runway, but not invite button. You know how all the focus, and smile, and headshot, etd are always all around the friend or Willow or whoever. Well now it's the empty space, and all these task bubbles around it. What is the purpose on not inviting friends if no one else is there? I want fun gigs so I'm cranky.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    We would say "pencil skirt," but other than that your English is perfect.

Yes maybe it is because of the dolls' stance - I hadn't thought about it.

I would like more of the 'demure' clothing also. Sometimes my doll's legs get a bit cold :p
    Julliette wrote: »
    I don`t know if is a complaining or a frustration, but i wonder why we don´t get crayon skirts. Like i saw on Twiter that the cream dress from giftboxes (that one it came on red, cream, blue and black) is inspired from Khloe K is actually under knee dress and i think is so great. But we got it in the game as a short one. Also, the other Khloe dress (from the last update) is with a great nuance of blue, but we got it in the game with a dark not-so-great blue.
    The fact that we don`t have crayon skirts is about the posture of our dolls? I mean she stays like...with her legs apart?!
    What do you guys think??

Sorry if i didn´t expressed too well, english is not my first language.