Options

how can I recover all my progress?

kriszellekriszelle Registered Users 46 Posts
I lose all my progress. I reformat my phone this morning and when I installed kkh, I'm back to creating my new doll again. I uninstalled the game and opened google play games and installed kkh for the thought that I'll recover my account since I've done this before but still I didn't recover it. I'm level 35 and an android user. Someone help me please.

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Kriszelle, was your game data saved to the cloud? If not there is no way to get your game back, if it saved to the cloud, it should have been there when you reopened. IF not, I know of no way to get the game back. You said you've done it before? Then you would have more experience with it than any of us. Glu doesn't save your data. You can try and read some of the threads bout transferring the game, but if it's gone it's gone.

I'm so sorry, but if you have made purchases in the game, buying stars, then ou can contact customer care and they may be able to restore those purchases.

Or, I have heard of people who just keep trying a few times, eventually get it back. So, try again if you feel you have nothing left to lose. I wish I had better advice. I'm sorry this happened.

Whenever I hear of people who have r
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Kriszelle, was your game data saved to the cloud? If not there is no way to get your game back, if it saved to the cloud, it should have been there when you reopened. IF not, I know of no way to get the game back. You said you've done it before? Then you would have more experience with it than any of us. Glu doesn't save your data. You can try and read some of the threads bout transferring the game, but if it's gone it's gone.

I'm so sorry, but if you have made purchases in the game, buying stars, then ou can contact customer care and they may be able to restore those purchases.

Or, I have heard of people who just keep trying a few times, eventually get it back. So, try again if you feel you have nothing left to lose. I wish I had better advice. I'm sorry this happened.

Whenever I hear of people who have r

😞 thanks anyway 😘
  • Options
    I don't know why the end of my message disappeared, too early for me

I hope you get it back. Try a search in the forum for restored game, game restarted, things like that. I'll take a look too and see if I can find any more help. I'm sorry this happened.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I don't know why the end of my message disappeared, too early for me

I hope you get it back. Try a search in the forum for restored game, game restarted, things like that. I'll take a look too and see if I can find any more help. I'm sorry this happened.

One thing, all my achievements in the game are saved on my google play games, is there any chance that I could have it back?
  • Options
    If your data was saved to the cloud, it should have been there when you reformated your phone and put in your GC /Apple ID. Did you say that you had done it before, then it should have just worked again. If you lost your game, and need to start over but uif you spent money on the game, you can contact Customer Care to for assistance, and you may be able to recover thos purchases.

I'm really sorry you're going through this. I'm going to see if someone with more technical expertise can offer advice for you. I don't think they're up yet, but I'll message them. And, look at your previous posts where you said you got your game back (earlier threads) maybe you listed what you did, and you're just missing a step now? (This is me trying to think of anything that might help.) ;) Let me go try and grab my friend.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    EnyaEnya Registered Users 1 Posts
    my game crashed and i lost all my progress at level 31. I dont mind starting over but can i get all my purchases of k stars reimbursed? i have spent over a 100$ and I have the reciepts from google wallet and google play store. Who do i contact for this?
  • Options
    Enya wrote: »
    my game crashed and i lost all my progress at level 31. I dont mind starting over but can i get all my purchases of k stars reimbursed? i have spent over a 100$ and I have the reciepts from google wallet and google play store. Who do i contact for this?

I'm so sorry this happened Enya. Please contact customer care, by following this link: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?1699-How-to-create-a-ticket If that doesn't work, come back and I'll look for another link for you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kriszelle wrote: »
    One thing, all my achievements in the game are saved on my google play games, is there any chance that I could have it back?

Hi. I'm going to try and find some links with suggestions for you. It's just hard when I'm grasping at straws here. How did it work in the past? How many times have you tried to install again? Run a search in the search bar for game restarted. See if anything helps there, and I promise I'll be back Kriszelle, don't know if I can help, but I'll be back.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, just refresh in my mind a few things. Was your device set to specifically save your game data to the Google Play Cloud? This is a specific setting you access through

Settings
    Accounts
    Backup Options/Backup and Reset
    Backup and Restore - you now choose whether to save to the Google Servers

You already reset your device (reformatted)

If you weren't saving to Google, then I'm afraid when you reset, you erased it.

Catch 22 - if you are saving to google, you could be saving your new empty data each time you open up again.

Oh, and last dopey question for now, did you doublecheck your Google+ info when you reentered it into the newly formated phone?

Ooops, one more. Are you logged into Facebook in the game?

ETA: Figured the setting thing out thank to this post regarding Apple by Alkoholiks
    Thanks for the suggestion, it's already done, but I did it on my own with iCloud. I backed up only the game and some app and then restored my iPad from iCloud. It was very stressful though lol but no problems with tranfer, i'm playing on my iPad now :)
    Alkoholiks wrote: »

.......... i've noticed apple moves stuff around in settings a bit from update to update but this is how to manage your cloud data on the current 8.3 ios.

Settings > iCloud >
    there you can toggle different things you want to save

Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage
    there you can click on the list of apps and delete what you like

hope this helps.

Thanks Alkoholiks. Now we have the roadmap for both iOS and Android.
    (Hmmmm iOs & Android. Sounds like a Drive Time Radio team.)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Okay, I'll add my experience. It's 100% same as Kriszelle. I've formatted my device couple of times before and later when I launched KKH, it would show my G+ name and achievements, and say welcome!

Now this time it did the exact same thing, but I was back to square one. Very strange. I thing they've changed their settings or something, whatever it is but the previous thing was cool. Surprisingly, it still shows my previous achievements like Kriszelle said, mine are A-List and Level 6. It won't change, though I've started playing again.

I never used the backup and reset feature, but I never lost my game, until now.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Ok, I read something earlier this week, and I mentioned it before, and I'll bring it up again. Everyone should go read this, especially if you want to try and uninstall/reinstall the game. And I remember getting into it with my provider when I didn't like changes the very recent update did to my whole phone settings. So, I think that update also messed with the ability to easily go back and forth with it.

Anyway, here's the link: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?s=general&f=if-i-uninstall-will-i-lose-my-progress
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, just refresh in my mind a few things. Was your device set to specifically save your game data to the Google Play Cloud? This is a specific setting you access through

Settings
    Accounts
    Backup Options/Backup and Reset
    Backup and Restore - you now choose whether to save to the Google Servers

You already reset your device (reformatted)

If you weren't saving to Google, then I'm afraid when you reset, you erased it.

Catch 22 - if you are saving to google, you could be saving your new empty data each time you open up again.

Oh, and last dopey question for now, did you doublecheck your Google+ info when you reentered it into the newly formated phone?

Ooops, one more. Are you logged into Facebook in the game?

ETA: Figured the setting thing out thank to this post regarding Apple by Alkoholiks

Thanks Alkoholiks. Now we have the roadmap for both iOS and Android.
    (Hmmmm iOs & Android. Sounds like a Drive Time Radio team.)

"Google Play Cloud"? Is it the "Play Games" Or "Google Drive"? I'm not familiar with Google drive that's why I'm not using it. But I'm familiar with Play Games because it saves my game achievements.

Whenever I reset my phone, the "Automatic Restore" is always checked. I never uncheck that button. My Google+ is just the same as before. The people I added there because of this game was still there.

"Logged in" whenever I noticed that I'm not log in on facebook, I always clicked that "Log in to facebook" button. I didnt notice it before I reformat my phone. Thanks 😊
  • Options
    Here's a shot of my phone. Automatic is checked off, HOWEVER it's my understanding that if you want your data saved to the Google Servers, the top one in bold has to be checked.
    IMG]

That's what says it saved app data etc to the Google Servers.

So, unless that is checked (mine isn't, I should fix that.) I don't believe Google Servers have your game. And the Play Store, Google+, Google Play , it's all the Google Servers. In fact, when I switched my games to my new devices, We opened the old device, checked that setting, played the game a little, and then shut the whole phone down. Then when the new device opened up with the google account the old one had, because that box was checked off, my game opened up on my new devices.

So Ultimately, I'm very sorry, but unless you specifically were saving your game (app) data to Google, you lost your game when you reformatted your phone.

I think you have to start over. I'm so sorry. If you spent money in the game, you can submit a ticket and Customer Care will help restore those purchases. Not a dress or something you bought in the game, but if you made purchases of Stars in the Star Shop, that's what I mean.

I'm sure people will help if you tell them you lost everything. I know I would send you a K$ dress or two. This is very sad, the games take on a life of their own. I would say if you wanted, you could submit a ticket, but after reading the post here: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?s=general&f=if-i-uninstall-will-i-lose-my-progress it's pretty clear Glu doesn't have our game data and cannot bring back reset games.

I think everyone who posted here about the same thing, should check the screen of their device like mine. (how to get there is listed a few posts back) Check and see if you are set to save your game data on the server. I know this info doesn't help now, but I think your only choice is to restart your game.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Here's a shot of my phone. Automatic is checked off, HOWEVER it's my understanding that if you want your data saved to the Google Servers, the top one in bold has to be checked.
    [IMG][/IMG]

That's what says it saved app data etc to the Google Servers.

So, unless that is checked (mine isn't, I should fix that.) I don't believe Google Servers have your game. And the Play Store, Google+, Google Play , it's all the Google Servers. In fact, when I switched my games to my new devices, We opened the old device, checked that setting, played the game a little, and then shut the whole phone down. Then when the new device opened up with the google account the old one had, because that box was checked off, my game opened up on my new devices.

So Ultimately, I'm very sorry, but unless you specifically were saving your game (app) data to Google, you lost your game when you reformatted your phone.

I think you have to start over. I'm so sorry. If you spent money in the game, you can submit a ticket and Customer Care will help restore those purchases. Not a dress or something you bought in the game, but if you made purchases of Stars in the Star Shop, that's what I mean.

I'm sure people will help if you tell them you lost everything. I know I would send you a K$ dress or two. This is very sad, the games take on a life of their own. I would say if you wanted, you could submit a ticket, but after reading the post here: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?s=general&f=if-i-uninstall-will-i-lose-my-progress it's pretty clear Glu doesn't have our game data and cannot bring back reset games.

I think everyone who posted here about the same thing, should check the screen of their device like mine. (how to get there is listed a few posts back) Check and see if you are set to save your game data on the server. I know this info doesn't help now, but I think your only choice is to restart your game.

It was always checked just like the "Automatic Restore". I never unchecked that button before.
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I put up my screenshot to show you what I meant, when you said your Automatic was checked. I ran searches on the forum to try and help. I tracked exactly where perhaps you should be looking. I keep digging to try and help, and you come back iwth "No. It should be there" I can't say it any plainer I don't think your game is retrievable. The link from Glu says it's not retrievable, sure you did it before, it worked, this time it didn't.

You only hear frustration in my post, not hostility. But we can keep going back and forth, and it ends with you saying it worked before and you want your game back.

I'm very sorry. If you want to not play for however long it takes for a Customer Care ticket to be answered, and then have customer care pretty much repeat what's on the link here: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/ki...se-my-progress Again, they can help restore any purchases made, but they don't have your saved game data. ANd if it didn't come back when you entered your Google info in the device after resetting it, and you have tried and tried, it's time to face it's gone.

You can contact Customer care by following the advice on this link: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?118762-If-you-are-experiencing-issues-in-KKH-PLEASE-READ

I'm sorry this happened, and I'm closing this thread.

I'm sorry,
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.