Options

Game freezing;Data lost

JAMIE80458JAMIE80458 Registered Users 1 Posts
My game kept freezing over and over again; so I thought I would delete the app and redownload it. Thinking all my data was stored and backed up I deleted the app and downloaded it again. Now I have to start all over again (I was already an A list celebrity in my game) and the game still freezes like crazy. Can someone help me with this? I'm on android iPhone

Comments

• Options
    MzLeeLeeMzLeeLee Registered Users 44 Posts
    The game only saves to device not your accounts ... When you delete the game you delete the saved data on your device. So when the game is reinstalled it has new data ... Check out the kkh FAQ & kkh technical threads ... They explain it all
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Not true MzLeeLee. There is a setting that you choose to back up to the cloud. If it only saved to the device, I would not have been able to transfer my game from a 1st Gen ipad that wouldn't take the London Update in September (needed iOS 6, couldn't do that) to a brand new out of the box ipad 4th Generation. And then 3 months later, and old Android tab was dying so for Christmas I was given a brand new Samsung Tab and Christmas morning transferred that Android game. In each case, my existing data was saved to the cloud. WHen I downloaded the games on the new devices, using my old (Google and Apple) info all my stuff was there. In each case, the game existed with all my data on the old device, when I retrieved the EXISTING game on the new one. A friend, getting a new phone, didn't listen, and deleted the game on her device on Monday. ANd tuesday she got her new phone and the data was gone. Because she deleted on the old device. Once the game was deleted, the new 'empty' data was saved. In some cases, a box pops up asking if you want to load the Device A Data or Device B Data. Usually A is the restarted game, showing level 9 and very little cash or stars, then Device B has been the full game. But only when it hasn't been previously deleted. Hope this clears up some confusion.

ETA: There is no Android iPhone. It's Android OR it's iphone.

Either way, I'm willing to bet the ads are crashing the game. Or it's whatever happened with the Tokyo update. 99.98% sure you can't get your old game back, but for crashing please figure out your Platform/Device and level, and post your info in this thread http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?129748-Game-Crashes-upon-loading-since-Tokyo-Update-iOS-Android-Only

Bottom line, trying to switch games to new devices is sketchy at best. It's unsure, unreliable, and unless you have nerves of steel, and won't need therapy if the game is lost, you shouldn't try it, or depend on the ability to just save and restore your games at will. I'm sorry. But seriously, I'm hoping the update will address the crashing, however, put your info in a post on this thread http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?129748-Game-Crashes-upon-loading-since-Tokyo-Update-iOS-Android-Only.

And if you made purchases in the game that has been lost, then by all means use the link Mollybrown gave you for customer care. THey will help you recover those purchases.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MzLeeLeeMzLeeLee Registered Users 44 Posts
    Well my apologies maybe I read this wrong and misunderstood

Q: Something about the game isn't working! I'm going to reinstall right now!
    A: DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR GAME IMMEDIATELY. I repeat. DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR GAME IMMEDIATELY. This game does NOT save to Game Center or Facebook, nor is it reliable on iCloud. It saves to your device. So if you delete the game and reinstall without saving your files to your computer, chances are you will lose all progress.

Before you do anything, do a little research about your issue. If it's a common issue that others are having without a solid fix, chances are you aren't going to get an immediate fix. When in doubt, send a ticket and DO NOT REINSTALL unless instructed by Customer Care.

I just helped a friend transfer her data with android too cause no data transfered over and she had to transfer via computer ... She was really frustrated because she too transfered her game to a new device back in December with no problems. And anytime I have deleted the game from my phone when I reinstalled the game was back at the beginning ... I also have a back up file so I just restore my file and my game is back to normal... A lot of players I play with thought the game automatically backed up your progress like candy crush or family farm does just some examples ...and thought if they deleted it there game progress would be normal but that's not the case no more .. I remember when I started playing I would get the device a and b options but I don't know anyone who gets those options anymore .. I read the FAQ from the glu forums and from what I understood the best way to ensure your game progress is to manually save/back up onto a computer or if you have a decent back up app installed on the phone .. Android users don't have the cloud like iPhone ... I've been trying to find a decent and free back up app that don't need a computer to help out my friends from their games restarting ... But I do apoligize if I'm wrong I must not understood the post in the thread correctly
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    No need to apologize. This is the absolute mis-understood part of the game. I have no experience uninstalling and reinstalling. In Android I know files are saved, and I thought that the Samsung back up program Kies would copy the game data, but Samsung says no.

I think the key is that in the help page it says Do not reinstall your game immediately. IMMEDIATELY. People would just try that as the first response, without thinking it through.

You've touched on a lot of points, I'll try and answer a few, You said Android doesn't have the cloud. True. iOS has the icloud, where the data is backed up if that is chosen in device settings I believe.

On android, in settings/ backup & Restore (don't have the exact path in front of me) you must manually select to save your game data to the Google Servers. Google Servers = Android's answer to the icloud.

Jaime, hope this issue resolves for you swiftly, If you have other questions, feel free to ask.

I think we've given the OP all the help we can here, they've been directed to the Glitch thread for crashing. Thanks for your help everyone, and I'm closing the thread.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.