General Complaints Thread

Comments

• PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    i0YVgSQ.png

:/ Lol

The Princess Diana ring continues to elude me...
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Boo! That's a lovely ring. I was dying for it, too.

Keep your eyes on the prize, though. It can't play hard-to-get forever!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

Some day, it shall be mine...

Myyyyyy pressshusss......

iJ01OmW.png

;)
    I don't know how I missed seeng this yesterday, PDot, but that's brilliant!

preciousssssssssssss.

• ZepengZepeng Registered Users 53 Posts
    I'm annoyed that I can't take a photobooth with my husband. I only have all the original guys I met available for a pic and not him. I get there's a limit but there should be a way for me to rid myself of these other NPC dating contacts to make room for my main squeeze. LOL
    Add me on GC: zepeng
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Zepeng wrote: »
    I'm annoyed that I can't take a photobooth with my husband. I only have all the original guys I met available for a pic and not him. I get there's a limit but there should be a way for me to rid myself of these other NPC dating contacts to make room for my main squeeze. LOL
    Ugh ikr I have the same issue. It doesn't bother me that much tho bc I don't use the photo booth like at all
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
    Luz: :) Lol

I couldn't make a post just saying that so I waited.

About the recent event. I hoped for the gown - I gave up trying to get it. I barely got the hair. So I won free earrings, free hair, and I spent 120 K stars and won back 40 of those trying. For the other 80 K stars I got money and energy bolts.

If I could wave a wand I'd make it so there is no money and no energy bolts in the 40 K star boxes. Only high quality or rare wearables, and 40 K star prizes.

I'm sad I did not get the gown but not shocked. I ground out the event as much as I could. I even got $20 in K stars despite not wanting to buy more this month. That makes me sadder. But I used some of it to gift others with. Made me feel a bit better.

So, no gown...maybe it will show up some other way some day. It really was gorgeous and I'd love to see more of the demure fashions. My doll's legs get cold sometimes :)
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Why do the 8 hour weekend gigs with the Kardashian's have to take so freakin long?
    It feels like it is a 12 hour gig instead of a 8 hour gig that I am working on...

Also can we please have more 'actions' or tap-able things to do at the Tavern?
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • ZepengZepeng Registered Users 53 Posts
    Speaking of spending K stars on items not that favourable.... Why can't we have our NPC spouse try on the clothes we want to purchase for them as gifts before we confirm the order. I've spent a pretty dollar and k-star on tops and bottoms (ESPECIALLLY BOTTOMS) on my hubby that I wish I got a gift receipt for so I could return them. Bah!
    Add me on GC: zepeng
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i'm not one to complain about stars for obvious reasons but the prices for the baby furniture & clothes is a bit ridiculous.

i was neutral on the baby thing. i didn't really care about them coming but i figured i'd try it out on at least one game because it's something new. so it's not like i had great expectations or anything but i'm sensing a bit of frustration out of the community.

idk maybe i'm wrong but another earn kstars weekend would probably go a LONG way Glu!!!
    no i don't have any chill
    Yeah the babies are cute but...Well, good news first. I am THRILLED they are not needy like the spouses or dates. Those are needy on a psycho stalker level, sorry.

It's great we don't have to pay a Nanny for the baby. It's great we don't get phone calls every 10 minutes that there is a baby emergency. It's great we don't get paged to spend more time at home.

On the downside...We can't take the baby away from home at all, or even from the nursery. We can't see the whole baby. I'd like to see the baby standing up so I can see it better. I'd like to see its clothes. I'd like it to toddle around a bit or something.

I'd like more interactions with it. I'd like to buy it some toys. I'd like more girly-girl clothes and hair accessories and shoes.

I know all of those things may be 'yet to come' and I'm sure this was a huge amount of work, so I'm not ungrateful.

One more small gripe though. The things for the baby were a bit expensive. The baby cost 160 stars...OK that's optional. But the empty nursery needed to be furnished. And the baby needed clothes/hair accessories, also there wasn't much else to do but buy things for the baby...so I did.

But...perhaps things were a weeeee bit expensive? $15,000 for a hobby horse. $25,000 for a chair or something. My game money is now about 0. And then some things cost only stars.

I got the $100 K star pack and it is now half gone. So that's about $50 although I'm not sure how accurate that is. I did also speed up a job since I had started it before updating. I did also gift some people.

I guess another small gripe, sorry. But, the love is in the air weekend...I wound up spending like $30,000 in game money 'dating' non stop at Oak, and then the guy broke up after not wanting to see him ONE other day. That's a psycho, sorry. No one behaves that way in real life, no one I'd want to be with at least. So it doesn't make any sense to me. It seemed set up to force us into a relationship in the game, but a relationship wasn't necessary to adopt the babies. So...? I'm out $30k game money for a pair of earrings and some hair.

That's all...vent over :p Thanks for listening.

The babies ARE cute though...and I'm glad Glu listens to its customers.
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    i'm not one to complain about stars for obvious reasons but the prices for the baby furniture & clothes is a bit ridiculous.

i was neutral on the baby thing. i didn't really care about them coming but i figured i'd try it out on at least one game because it's something new. so it's not like i had great expectations or anything but i'm sensing a bit of frustration out of the community.

idk maybe i'm wrong but another earn kstars weekend would probably go a LONG way Glu!!!

yess if they're going to make everything ridiculously expensive the least they could do is give us a chance to earn some K-Stars. At the beginning of the game they did "earn K-Star weekends" very frequently, and now they rarely do.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
    I think you (both) have a good idea with the 'earn K stars' weekend.

I did get a K star for guessing the baby's needs correctly yesterday. But, that's only for those who have the babies of course.

I'm bummed now that they have apparently made the parties harder. That was the one time I enjoyed the weekend events other than maybe the shopping (prizes for K stars) events, IF I could buy K stars at that time.

Making the party event harder, not giving us shorter events, not making sure people get the gifts we send...no receipt, no thank you note, no way to know if they got the gifts...Those things are making me start to think. And thinking is a very.bad.thing. :p
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I can't understand why they are making it difficult to play, I want to have fun and not stress me. Before with 30 energy bolts I was able to finish a party now we need almost 40, I thankful done three comebacks, but who didn't have to go around picking up energy, boring!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Please, please, bring the parties back to the way they used to be! Don't take away the giddy happy Party Weekend dynamic! The other events are already pretty hard...

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    oh crudolla, I step away in to support and the parties are different? What happened? I need to go play more. ;(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Yes and it's a party event weekend coming up. I am so bummed. They are way too hard on us. I play for entertainment, not to feel like a failure or work hard. I can get that in my normal life :D:p
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Really raging about the changes to parties Glu!!!!!!! Ugh. 😬
    iOS
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    VIP events are hard because it burns our wallet.
    Dating events are hard because not all of us have infinite cash flow.
    Gig events are hard because we have to tap every single minute.
    Party events were the only event we could truly enjoy.

Now you take that away from us. What, because you can't have ONE easy event to give us?

Go on and you'll be seeing players quit before you see 1 player spend money on this game.

2 hours for the bubble to refresh now? You increased it more than 2 folds?! And then you give lesser stars too?! Come on Glu, you can do better than this.
    PM to add
    What you said, Naimonster, what you said!

And to top it off, the '3hour' baby shower at Kim's Mansion is one of those drawn-out affairs, or course! I've spent a bar of energy on it and that filled up 2 and three-quarters event meter stars for it. I thought the Baby Shower would be more of a gimmee! I mean, come on-- if we're getting a baby shower, it's because we ALREADY supported the game by having a baby! Most people who have a baby already used Kstars to buy one, so they're either jailbroken or significantly financially contributing to this game! So you're sticking it to people who have given you good money or won't pay no matter what you do! What's the point? And we already have the 'Rents event quest as a distraction from the partying! Why couldn't the baby shower be a regular-length event, at least, if not an outright gift of some kind? And why even disguise an eight hour event as a three hour one? Are we supposed to be fooled by that? Why must things that work continue to be messed with? This game is already a wild success! WTH?!? So annoying.

Edit: okay, so the baby shower gives 22 event stars. That's good. It allowed me to open my guy's gift box. For a second I was excited because I'd earned a pair of white pants! But then I looked closer and saw that the event pants were in another box, and I'd just earned random white pants. No event bonus. And I swear my guy already has at least one or two pairs of white pants! ***? I want to give somebody a nasty pinch! Where's that effing Dirk?

I mean, you all knew we would hate this! Why bother with the whole mess? Why not just continue the good feelings coming from the arrival of babies? Why be this way about this event?

Yeah I think it's a mistake to alienate customers by making things impossible for them. I think too steep of a spending or learning curve in any game will turn off all but the most die-hard players.

Also, it should be a good trade off or balance between entertainment level, frustration level, and time and/or money spent playing.

The prizes in the baby shower event are cute. But I know before going in that I won't get them all. I will be lucky if I spend the entire weekend tapping on a screen rather than spending time with RL persons/pets/things, and win the first two, mayyybe three prizes. Is it worth it to me? No, not really...

I'd rather spend money GIFTING, if they'd improve the gifting methods...so we can know for sure the person received the gift. As it is now, the money kind of goes down a drain, the person has no way to know we sent it; we have no way to know they received it.

I'd rather spend money upgrading what I have; I'd rather spend money on mini games; I'd rather spend money on optional but really special purchases. We achieve A list status but get the same things a D lister with RL money can get. Maybe make 'special deluxe' things available to spend K stars or game money on, that only unlock at certain levels. Or, only unlock at high prices. But, which really spice up the doll's appearance or such. In other words, adding to the role play aspect of being a special, special diva.

(Edit: Example: Someone had an idea of a beauty salon in the suggestion thread. That would be good...but as in RL only the top level A listers can get into the top level stylist or salon experts area. Others will have to make do with Supercuts-level stylists...i.e. basic game makeup.)

Does that make sense??? I hope so...

The way to get my money while also making me tense/frustrated/angry in the end, over a time, is, to make me feel forced (to buy game currency) in order to just play and keep up with everyone at a basic level. In other words...by giving us events that are impossible to win without spending way more K stars or cash than the items would even cost. And then, spending hours and hours of RL tapping a screen on top of that. And then, still not even winning it. Beating one's head against a brick wall and paying for the privilege...not most people's notion of entertainment.

Tiny grumble: The diaper bag in the baby shower event should've been available for both women and men; I think most people think it is a handbag. Maybe it could've had a subtle baby bottle or baby rattle design on the fabric or something. (Edit: OK I was mistaken. Someone said it's one of Kourtney's giant handbags. But, since it's a baby shower event...Seemed natural to think it's a diaper bag. Plus, it's huge. So now my tiny grumble is: Why no diaper bags to carry? Prizes in this event have nothing to do with the babies.)

OK, grumbling over...for now. (Yeah it was a bit blunt but this is hookah den; and, I'm very bummed about taking away the party event as it was, and now everything is a grind and too hard.)
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    One thing that's worthy of consideration is the new fish bowl in the Downtown apartment. Stole the thunder, seriously.

Other than that, everything is way over priced. You can't gift the new outfits. It's not just the parties, they've reduced the amount of points you receive for the special action with friends on gigs and dates as well. Hanging out with VIPs at your place doesn't give any fans nor money. And now they've raised the points bar for the weekend event again.

Overall, Glu has pretty much dropped the ball here, in this big 3.0 update!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    2 devices haven't even been turned on yet. I woke up at 4 am, and chose to go back to bed for 2 hours. So much I want to say, none of it makes a darn bit of difference
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    So much I want to say, none of it makes a darn bit of difference

I understand how you feel. But, it does to me, (and I'm sure to others), for what it's worth. I don't want to say "misery loves company" it isn't quite that. But, it makes me feel less like a ranting nut case, if others feel the same way. :p
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    Uhh it really upsets me the fact that i need to use more energy now for complete a party, but the most foolish is that we have to wait a double time to reappear the friends speech bubble on parties :mad:
    They`ve done much more hard the gameplay and this is not a good idea because i can hear a looot of unhappy players.:(

It`s a great thing having this thread so we can express our complaints without the fear of being blasphemous.
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    $4k cash for my giftbox. I wasn't even tempted to spend 40 Kstars opening more boxes.

My money is better spent when Glu treats us better.
    PM to add
    Yes; I agree; and all my hard earned/won cash, that I had gotten from buying 40 K star gift boxes in the past, and saved up? Gone, in the "Love Is In The Air" event, trying to win that black lace gown, and also because I was afraid the partner might be necessary somehow...

So that I was broke going into the baby update. And then had to buy more game cash, and more K stars and now am broke again. And the big celebration to celebrate that we all were loyal customers and got the babies and such? A harder event.

I mean, the only people who knew about how to make the parties easier, were ones who read the forum. How many players find and read let alone join the forum? Most people were probably playing the parties the random or usual way - I was, before I read about someone's clever discovery.

And that discovery someone made on how to play the parties easier, was not a cheat - there was nothing wrong with using it. So why take it from us, Glu??
    I've been trying to put it into words for 2 hours. And i can't. I just can't
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    /nods

Dot doll offers a sad hug.
    Ok, I think I can post one thought without fear or recrimination.

Last night, when I saw the whole VIP guest set up, it hit me. Remember how we failed twice with the champagne because the game MADE us call in Kim? It hit me that it is going to evolve into the only way to succeed is to earn/buy the ability to call in a celeb. I want to play with my friends. Not a celeb I will never have real interaction with. I want to party with Luz, and Dot, and Noona, and Moony, and Vats, And Trevor, everyone. You will appreciate my screenshot of our dolls together.

So now, we can do everything right, but if we will fail without these 'celebrity guests' then the shark has been jumped.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary