General Complaints Thread

Comments

• PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Great post Koko & well stated.

Yes! I want to party with you all, too. That would be great.

I suggested in the suggestions thread a while back that celebs should add more points etc to a job. (I was thinking of the jobs when a celeb is there instead of an NPC or friend.)

But I didn't think they'd make us earn them to begin with, and now I hear they still don't even add more results?

Isn't that the point of being a celeb in RL, that people hire them for parties/appearances/etc. because they bring in more results? (Publicity, customers, money...)

I'd rather party with you all too Koko! At least that's fun.

I hope the people who paid for the Calabasas house because it's a better party house aren't going to be too upset when they try the parties this weekend.
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    And to me, the very worst part is that next week is a god**** Gigs event! Those are soooooooooooooooooooo much effing work!!! I don't even like those anymore.

The Party event was the relatively easy, purely-fun one! Didn't Glu hear the number of unhappy people who couldn't finish the Dating event last week?

This is a game; one that we're waaaay into, yes, but a game! Why does it have to get harder and harder and harder and harder and harder and harder............................... Have we actually made it seem like we're stupid enough to stick around for this kind of thing for very long? How embarrassing.

Isn't this how sales work: We pay the money for the fun thing we enjoy, and then we get more of the fun thing we enjoy.

Why is this so hard? Why do we pay more money and then find an obnoxious thing?
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    I am really close to scaling playing this game way back.

First of all, the parties were made to suck more energy, small talk bubbles take more than twice the time to refresh, AND you need more event points? Things are getting close to impossible.

I hate that since I have things to do this weekend, I'm thinking I can't achieve my goals in a game. That's ridiculous!

Also, I am going back to work off maternity leave in August. Just because of this, I won't be able to play much on Friday. My phone is android, and I play KKH on my wi-fi only iPad. With no wi-fi at work (and really, can you imagine pulling out your iPad at work to play KKH? Hahaha...), that leaves me 2 days to earn prizes that are a hard go to play with 3 straight days of playing.

I am starting to feel I've wasted enough money on this game. I'll continue to play casually, but no more grinding or buying k stars. Way to alienate paying players glu.

On a positive note, I did get an event item in my box for the first time since Easter. Also, apologies for the rambling nature of this post. My IRL baby has decided 5am is totally the appropriate time to start the day this week. I am exhausted! That's probably why I don't feel the need to rush into a baby in the game. lol
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I join the Hookah Lounge gladly :D Those gift boxes uggggh :mad: I think they should put only the clothes/items from the weekend event (so you can win at least one item! ) and not cash/energy/k stars .. we have regular gift boxes for that

And now not being able to complete the 3h party with 34 energy bars.. ***?!

I was really excited about this update, but when I saw that I need 160k stars for a baby or 12000 hearts to conceive.. OMG .. I recently divorced my Dork (Dirk) husband, because he was so demanding lol and started dating that handsome Frederick Gatsy guy from the forum lol :o and we are at 2000 I think.. only 10 000 left YAY :mad:

I don't have time to complete gigs and go on dates regularly, GLU I have a LIFE, and a 9-6 job!

Sorry about the whining.. I feel better now :D

P.S I am not a game hater, I love this game but lately has become time-consuming .. if you want to maintain your A-list status, have a perfect marriage, buy most of the new stuff..
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Yes, time consuming, expensive and frustrating. That's why the lounge is here. We need some cry in our beer music over here. I'm not playing much today,
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I think I have nothing positive to talk about this weekend event, so I won't make my progress report on the event thread.

Like everyone else here I'm upset with the fact that the parties are longer and have to wait longer for the bubbles show up. Besides we need more points to complete the event.

The baby shower was a huge disappointment, there was a time ago as on Valentine's Day for example, that we could open the extra boxes if we complete an event. But Glu seems to have forgotten how to please the players!

The menswear given to those who complete the event is simply lazy. while the clothing box is fabulous, but I won't have any piece,cause I'm not a gambler, what made me very sad it would be perfect on Vats.

KJzSF0t.png?1

to complete and let me mad I took this horrible thing from the box ...

jqwTq1H.png?1

I hate brown!

It's time to occur improvements or things won't be pretty, as an experienced gamer I have seen many franchises collapse after bad decisions!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Ok. My last post was a little complain-y.

I get that Glu needs to make money. Really I do. I'm assuming that a large majority of the players are not spending as much money as some of us on the forums, but there needs to be some give and take. Even though some players never spend a dime, Glu is monetizing them by showing ads, watching videos for k stars...

So, back to the give and take. When you make the game harder, at least make it look like you care and give us a FAIR chance to offset it.

Ex: You want to raise the amount of event points needed? Let us open an event box as our daily gift. Even though you probably won't get an event prize, you will have a chance of getting a multiplier. If players want more chances on top of that, they will pay.

And most of the other games I play, the login bonus gets better the more days in a row you play. Put better things, more cash and k stars in boxes as we log in more days in a row. I'm sure most of us on the forums are nearing a YEAR of straight logins. Reward us for our loyalty instead of treating us like sheep to fleece for more and more money. People do have a breaking point, and you don't make money from a game nobody plays.

Edit: Vats and I said very similar things about the boxes. GMTA :)
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    If they don't want KKH ending up like Stardom or many other abandoned games, they better buck up.
    PM to add
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Ok why don't we just admit it? Glu and the Kardashians are greedy. All they want is money. I spend a lot of my own money & I still don't have a button that says free kstars.

I would not be surprised at all if Glu & the Kardashian empire just let this game tank like Stardom because of greed & bad customer service.
    GC: Zoë Strange
    You may be right Zoyechka!

I don't like to focus on negative things and I feel bad for complaining about something I love like this game. So I close my eyes ...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I've never complained about anything else like this before, this should be my first.

I used to be able to collect 1 or 2 Kstars daily, one fine day they decided to take it away.

Party events used to be hella fun, the only weekend event everyone enjoyed, one fine update they decided to take it away.

If they're going to take away everything we like, so be it, I'm going to take away my spending.

Psst, guess what, they didn't only increase the friend's bubble recharge by 2 folds, they made it random! 8 hour parties having 0 recharge. Wow!
    PM to add
  • ReginaaReginaa Registered Users 58 Posts
    mindybunny wrote: »
    And most of the other games I play, the login bonus gets better the more days in a row you play. Put better things, more cash and k stars in boxes as we log in more days in a row. I'm sure most of us on the forums are nearing a YEAR of straight logins. Reward us for our loyalty instead of treating us like sheep to fleece for more and more money. People do have a breaking point, and you don't make money from a game nobody plays.

amen!! this other game i play, every time you play it 30 days straight, you get a massive collection of prizes!
    i hope you don't mind if i put this on the suggestion thread. (but does glu even read them? idek)
    I join the Hookah Lounge gladly :D Those gift boxes uggggh :mad: I think they should put only the clothes/items from the weekend event (so you can win at least one item! ) and not cash/energy/k stars .. we have regular gift boxes for that

they don't even put all the prizes in the boxes. and this happens on every event. why not put everything in there at once??
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Glu if you're reading this we understand that the game is a business and you aim to make money from us but it's getting less fun cut us some slack. Everyone notices the changes and sees them negatively, and when the money-making motive is so clear and it's making the game significantly less enjoyable to *all* customers it throws off that balance.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    I am really disappointed with this update!!! It seems like a lot of us paying players aren't spending on the energy and they've decided to change that of course. I think they have forgotten that just because we love the game doesn't mean we are going to stop living our lives. Like everyone else is saying basically "take some, give some" they should have made the energy recharge in 4min with this update. That extra min would have helped.

Also I'm not 100% sure so I'm asking you guys, has the time also changed for how often you go to pets!?! It's normally 4hrs, have they up that too!?! And again if they did, then the pets should give 2 energy bolts instead.

Also making the game harder really GLu, I'll just stick to my candy crush tyvm!
    GC Minne622
    If they change the recharging time of the pets, someone will die ... They're very expensive and after purchased is our right to receive for what we paid.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    If they change the recharging time of the pets, someone will die ... They're very expensive and after purchased is our right to receive for what we paid.
    They are trying to nickel & dime the paying players. Wow, that is really something.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    They are trying to nickel & dime the paying players. Wow, that is really something.

ugh ikr. I miss the good old days when Glu didn't just care about money and actually tried to make their players happy.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
    Reginaa wrote: »
    amen!! this other game i play, every time you play it 30 days straight, you get a massive collection of prizes!
    i hope you don't mind if i put this on the suggestion thread. (but does glu even read them? idek)

they don't even put all the prizes in the boxes. and this happens on every event. why not put everything in there at once??

No worries, that's fine! :)

Actually getting even just one of the multiplier items makes a huge, huge difference. I still may not make the 600(!) points for the dress, but it is making the hair much easier. We should get more than 1 shot at the boxes if getting a multiplier item is so rare.
  • SayuSayu Registered Users 90 Posts
    Also.. We were supposed to adopt the baby not to pay for it that much..100 would have been just enough, but 160 is way too much for some of us.
    And really have you done this again? 600 points for the dress? This is crazy.. We have our lives, we don't have time to spend our time just playing KKH.
    Really disappointed with this update & with this weekend event.
    Darnit. What kind of Hookah Den doesn't have music?
    I don't know, it just popped into my mind. My college radio station played Rock I wanted post punk. But alas, you can't always get what you want.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Perfect tune Koko, but let's do it a little bit sexy!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Ooh, this thread just came un-stickied! Is the hope that it will ride off into obscurity, then?

Now Vats, that would be like YOU making the Muphins. I couldn't take her away from you. ;)

Still at 8 on the 2nd Android. I'm so at crossroads and I don't know what to do. hmmm. I'm not going past the giftbox. THe hair is too Veronica Lake for me. I can not believe the perfect outfit in the gift boxes that I will never have. With the right shades, I could have made the purple hat work.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Ooh, this thread just came un-stickied! Is the hope that it will ride off into obscurity, then?

No actually, just my own personal little experiment.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Are you trying to see if we can tell when a stickied thread has come un-stickied? cuz Bingo! We can...

Kidding! These pain meds are making me weird. Sorry. Ear infection, ruptured ear drum, very painful.

• xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Are you trying to make it more noticeable if so I agree with your idea
    GC: { Lucyxx }
    I got bored while I was resting and thought about giving the event another try. It is so laborious and not fun! I'm really stunned at how much their changes diminish the experience of the party event! You don't finish a party with 37 energy, and then you do a lap around the locations to be able to finish, but then you're left with a random small amount of energy after, and you have very little desire to do another lap and start another party, knowing that with your current energy, you'd get only a quarter of the party done and then you could do another lap to maybe finish it, assuming you didn't get stuck with only 8 energy tasks available to fill in a 2-3 star gap. So much slogging along, when it used to be a little rush of quick accomplishment. There's no flow to it!

I assume there would be a significant overlap between the customers of this game and the customers of the new games they're hoping to launch. So why are they treating their current customers this way?

Or is it somehow possible that they didn't actually test out the playability of this event before they released it? Ugh. Just yuck. WTH, Glu? You really don't know what people like in this game yet? Or you just changed your approach to this game? Are you saying that you're basically done worrying about this particular bunch of customers or something? Bummer.

• EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    600 event points for that dress is pure madness. Again, this game is not designed well for working people.

I usually can't start the weekend event until 3:45 pm Friday afternoon, because I do have work. I so want that hair so I guess I'll slog through (what is the hair, anyway? 400?). But for real eff that dress. Glu, if you're looking for people to stop spending money, this is a good way to go.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    after purchased is our right to receive for what we paid.

Yes - and one might say the same of the Calabasas house. I think some people bought it because of the easier parties there and now that has totally changed.

I realize the owners have a right to change what they want. But owner/customer is a symbiotic relationship.

I try to be fair. I do. If I offer complaints I offer reasons for it and if I offer constructive criticisms, I offer suggestions along with it (in the same thread or the suggestions thread.)

I like this game. I WANT it to succeed. I even have said I WANT TO spend money in it. (Edit: That should be 'want to continue to spend money' as I have already spent quite a fair amount...I'm happy to as long as it's fun and relaxing.)

My philosophy is always, in essence: I work, or I pay. If I have to both work AND pay, something is wrong.

I will work for free; I will work for pay; I will work in exchange for something. I won't work in exchange for nothing at all (not helping others and/or myself, not being paid, not getting anything in barter or exchange.) What I won't do is work, and pay, and still receive nothing.

Right now I'm working in this game, I'm paying (a lot) in this game, and in the case of events and jobs, I'm receiving really nothing.

About other games...I won't name any but there are games I hadn't picked up in months and months, nor had I wanted to. I'm revisiting those again just out of boredom during my downtime that I use for relaxation. That's not a good sign, Glu.

I also won't name any in this example but there are games in which they did not listen to customers and I predicted a downhill slide and it happened. I wasn't the only one and I didn't even say it publicly so I didn't jinx anything. There is another game I'm thinking of which is verrry popular which I believe KKH toppled when it came onto the market. But that game only lost its grip because it spent months or even into a year or more, not listening when its players said (in that other game), "WE HATE THAT PRIZE WHEEL." They said it 100 percent en masse for over a year before the game listened and many quit and its forum is now DOA.

Fellow players please do not take this the wrong way I like analogies and this happens to dovetail with a saying. (I'm not saying we are bugs.) The saying goes "Where there is one roach there are 100 more afraid to come out."

Well, where there is one unhappy customer who is venting their frustration (which is an attempt to stay involved), there are 100 (or more) afraid to come out and say so.

I thank Glu sincerely for allowing the Hookah Den because we NEED to vent, it's our attempts to get over the negative reactions and responses we feel. It's our attempt to stay plugged in while we hope for better.

If we didn't voice it, we'd still be feeling it, and we are a small sample of the customer base, I think. So it really worries me that Glu seems to confuse KKH with some of those ultra competitive goal oriented games.

This is a fun dressup game. It's a social game. We all want everyone else to do as well as we do and be as happy as we are.

I don't want to sound sexist, I'm not sexist. But I wonder if Glu wouldn't do well to hire more female gamers on their staff. The girlz game world and the boiz game world are different energies. Lots of guys play KKH too and I'm glad. But what my point is: It's a social game, it's a dressup game, it is NOT a crawl by your fingernails up a stone wall and kill or be killed, game.

Glu please...stop being so rough on us :(

And I tried to get up this morning and shake this off but I can't. I logged in, deciding to go for the first mystery box and no more. Then I got a surprise shower I had to complete. OK it gave rattles which was good but I didn't know that going into it. So that stressed me out, because it was like great, I have a lineup of jobs, I wanted to try to start a party first thing so I can at least have one shot at a gift, and now I have to do the shower instead. AND it didn't fill up the first gift box...

And no one was at the shower but Kim - no friends, no one but me and Kim. A shower of two people? And I got no gift at the end of it. :/

Sorry this rambles...I'm sooo disappointed though.
  • czarinaczarina Registered Users 51 Posts
    Its disappointing what happened in their baby update. Probably the only good was the VIP stuff cause its interesting. I'll probably hold off from buying kstars for now..
    Android 4.4.2
    Lenovo S650
    Czarivargas23@gmail.com