Options

What's your strategy? - Guide to Events

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
I am usually useless in mapping out my strategy for the different types of Weekend Events.

The VIP weekends are obvious -

The Dating totally confused me, I thought shorter dates were worth more mathematically, and, I wound up ruining relationships. lol

The Gigs - again? what's better? and what do you do when you have only the killer no friend ones?

Parties?

If anyone has good tips for any or all of the different events (aside from VIP (you spend Stars and receive gifts along the way) Posting them would be great.

Maybe I just can't think straight at 5 a.m. because I am so lost without a roadmap then.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    swagkittieswagkittie Registered Users 22 Posts
    I am usually useless in mapping out my strategy for the different types of Weekend Events.

The VIP weekends are obvious -

The Dating totally confused me, I thought shorter dates were worth more mathematically, and, I wound up ruining relationships. lol

The Gigs - again? what's better? and what do you do when you have only the killer no friend ones?

Parties?

If anyone has good tips for any or all of the different events (aside from VIP (you spend Stars and receive gifts along the way) Posting them would be great.

Maybe I just can't think straight at 5 a.m. because I am so lost without a roadmap then.

I don't really know of any tips for gigs, but I do have some for dating and party events.

Dating-When you have full energy, go on a bunch of dates in Oak. If they are 1&2 hour dates (which they were for me all the time), then you can get each date completed with around 4 energy and $650 cash. With just 34 energy, you could get 8 1-hour dates done at Oak and win a lot of event hearts. I did this and I was able to get all the items - without buying any stars.

For party events, always throw your parties in the Calabasas house because you can invite 7 guests. For me, 3 hour parties are better, but 8 hour parties can be good since the small talk recharges, giving you more whatever the party event thingys are (I've only been playing for one party event - the baby one). Also, open event gift boxes so that you can get a lot of bonus party event things so that you can get the event done.

I don't know if you know these already, sorry if you do, but these are just my personal strategies.
    Add Me On GC (swagkittie)
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I definitely go for the 3 hour parties for those types of events. you can usually fit in 3 - 4 a day at full power if you only do those. I imagine that, when storylines are involved, that shortens to one or two since those are usually 8 hours but with those always unlocking in 12 hours after you can do 2 parties before hand

With the dating events I only bother if I want the clothes and VIP ones I only spend if I can/want the clothes.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I'm preparing for the gigs event by clearing my way, slacker-style.

Since I'm nowhere near being able to do my next comeback, I've begun to start those enormous, drawn-out jobs <where you can't invite a friend> with no intention of completing them. I just fail them, lose a little pile of fans, and then am closer to getting jobs I feel like completing during the event. I'm not dealing with those overblown event gigs anymore.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    I've been playing for a year and have won every weekend event. I usually finish by Friday night but sometimes Saturday. I'm not sure if I have any real strategy but I will describe what I do:

Parties: 3 hour parties only, all in Calabasas. tap all 7 guests for small talk, then use about 12-16 more energy on random tasks to complete (used to be only 7 small talks plus 4 more energy - so sad this changed!!!!) Rinse and repeat. I have the jet and a car so I just go around the world to tap tap tap until it's done. By the time you complete one trip round the world in and tapped everything, when you start back in L.A. everything is ready to be tapped again. Really helps that you gain momentum by earning event items that give you more bonuses towards the goal.

Dates: Oak only, with my husband, rinse and repeat. The length of the date matters not to me. I spent about 50k on the last dating event but I kind of plan to drain my k cash amount once a month like that now.

Gigs: 3 hour regular Simon gigs only until the countdown for a key weekend gig is up, complete that, then back to 3 hour gigs . Round the world, etc. Basically same plan as parties.
    iOS
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    VIP Events.
    -I've only participated in one VIP event and that was the one where they gave you the Chanel quilted bag. Thankfully it didn't require me to spend a lot of K-Stars so that was it. Otherwise, and as much as I'd love to spend real money for the items they have in VIP events, like last event's hair, I just can't afford to do it [I'd rather buy real life stuff].

Date Events
    -For date events, I used to have to pick whoever before getting married, and I always hated that. I don't like how they force you to date for events or quests but I'm married now so whatever, she's cute. Now I just go to Oak. If it's a date event it's Oak by default, that's where you get the most hearts for the least amount of energy, although it's expensive. I own the jet and the car, and I have enough clothes to give me bonus hearts/stars, so I don't really mind anymore. The amount of hours per date doesn't really matter at Oak, but Glu probably knows that the vintage wine helps you get faster so you gotta tap on other actions before being able to use the wine, particularly in 8h dates.

Party Events
    -Party events are, well, were, the easiest. There's a difference of approx. 100k fans between 3h and 8h parties, which is minimal [in case you're also looking for fans]. I pray to get either K-Stars on the boxes, always, or an event item because it does give you those bonuses in case you want all the items from the event. Either way, with or without event items you can get by with 3h parties, but you may have to make the extra effort of going all over the globe tapping on objects to get energy.
    Calabasas is still the best option.

Gigs
    -For event gigs... Well... I don't really pay attention to them if I were to be honest. I find that if I focus on gigs and parties, for example, I take more time to get an item. So I just let them be and do them when the event is over.
    Simon regular gigs I never really complete until I'm done with the update's storyline. I always pick the 3h ones, but I accidentally tapped on a 8h gig today so I am going to have to deal with that later.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    This is how I prep for gigs event.

I use the "Call now" button to find out how long each gigs are, and I complete all the 8 hour gigs. I usually start about this time of the week, and if Simon or Maria calls me to their office, I NEVER turn up. They can call all they want, I'm not going in there. So by the time I complete all my 8 hour gigs (I keep one!), its the weekend event and I start doing those 3 hour gigs. Then the regular Simon gigs where I can choose 1 or 3 hour gigs.

Ok why I keep one 8 hour gig. I set my alarm about 3-4 hours before the event starts. Go in my game and start the 8 hour gig, after every hour passes and friend's bubble recharges, I should be about 1 friend bubble away from completing the gig. I tap 4 times on the friend bubble and leave my energy to recharge. Once the weekend event commences, I should have full bar of energy and only need to use 1 energy to tap the friend bubble and complete the gig and get event points.

And so I have kick started my event earlier and start off with full energy as well.

I do this 8 hour party/ gig/ dates for all events.
    PM to add
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Naimonster thank you for posting this I thought you couldn't get continuous side gigs unless you'd finished the storyline or there was a countdown on your next quest, but today I finished a story gig and ignored Simon calling me to his office and Kim calling me to her house and I realise this totally works! <3
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Well I have no strategy really because I work weekends. I only won the event hair & purse last week because I had less than 2 hours sleep on a work night. And even then I still didn't win it all. And I ended up broke lol.

I try not too get too attached. It's recreation for me so my whole strategy has to be different. All of today I plan to just take it easy & jet around the world for moolah, take 3 hr gigs, and buy furniture for the Hamptons house. If I feel like doing more than that, then I will do more. This day will be stress free for me, unlike last week where I felt like vomiting from exhaustion & lack of sleep. No more of that mess. I need to be healthy & happy IRL too.

To quote mah fave positive woman author, Barbara De Angelis "Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away."

GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I used to have a strategy, but with the increasing difficulty of each event basically now it's not sleeping, not eating, ignore those who are nearby and just tap tap tap lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I'm preparing for the gigs event by clearing my way, slacker-style.

Since I'm nowhere near being able to do my next comeback, I've begun to start those enormous, drawn-out jobs <where you can't invite a friend> with no intention of completing them. I just fail them, lose a little pile of fans, and then am closer to getting jobs I feel like completing during the event. I'm not dealing with those overblown event gigs anymore.

Luz, I love it. KK:H for Slackers™ I'm in. Start them....oh and when you ignore them the last hour an offer pops up for stars and energy. Great deals for ipad - 5.00 USD gets you 60 KStars and 100 ENergy. Android is a little pricier (or it just figured me for a sucker with deep pockets. Sucker yes.....pockets not so much. lol) their offer is 200 Energy, 220 Stars for 20$. I was so hooked by those. Hmmmmm, maybe that's what I'll do. One more giftcard for Android, one for ipod and then each game can grab an offer. Use my energy for smaller things I can invite friends to.

My question about this......how do you know Which grueling jobs pay off with large amounts of event stars? Last time it was a gig...I did all the unrelated not big pay off gigs, and blew off the ones that paid off with big event stars till monday when I didn't need them. So......how do you tell? I notice some 8 hour no friend stupid KGuest pay like 140. Would THAT indicate it's not event?

Simon just summoned one game. Maybe that is the start to the event gigs that I have to wait a day for? This thread is great. I love all the ideas. What ever works for you, will help the Clueless. And.....the event for the time being is Haven't got a Clue. So this is helping. Thank you all. I need a blueprint for everything.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary