Options

new phone can't access previous game

MilaMoopsieMilaMoopsie Registered Users 1 Posts
I recently upgraded my phone from an Android Samsung Galaxy s3 to an s6.

Now supposedly as long as I used the same Google account, my data should have transfered. Not the case.

No matter what I did, my Kim kardashian game made me start from the beginning on the new phone.

I went through hell and back trying to back up everything, then transferring it to the new phone. Certain games retained my info but not Kim k.

I tried the smart switch app, didn't work.
I tried replacing that .com glu whatever file for the game from my old phone to the new one. Didn't work. I tried it several times actually for the Kim k game and other games.Never worked.
I tried another Google back up program that took a year and a day to back up 2gigs worth of data into zip files. All that did was give me a million copies of the same pictures.
I even spoke to tech support in the Google play games which was of no help. Told me to contact the people who made the game.....which he didn't even know who that was.
Thankfully I could read Glu.

I've spent many hours playing that game, completing offers for k stars, participated in events and collected limited edition items from them. I had several homes, a cat, two fiances because the 1st one broke it off because I couldn't access my game for a day.

I traded my phone in for credit so it had to stay at the store. But due to the data transfer failures, was allowed to take it home to try.

I could continue to play it on my old device but no matter what I did, the new phone made me restart.

In my last effort, i transfered all the Kim k game data to my SD card. Unfortunately the new Samsung phones no longer use those but I kept it anyway because I can still access the data via my computer.

So I'm on the new phone officially now and the old one most likely wiped clean. However I still have all the game data backed up.

Its been a few days now so I'm fairly sure my second fiance dumped me since offers stopped paying out and it'll probably cost way too many k stars to "charm" her back. That's IF I can get my game back.

I know it's just a game but I enjoyed playing it and I'm really bummed out I can't continue my characters career who was an A List star very close to reaching top 100.

It stinks also that all these cool new updates were being added. I loved that you could call on the VIPs too now. (Loved Klhoe,she's always funny and the Jenner girls are cool) And the babies...not that I could afford 160 k stars to adopt one but I had a fiance so....not sure what could have happened.

The game is fun enough that I miiiight one day try and start over. But I'm hesitant because I'll have lost everything including event items that I can't get back even if I restarted.

So please if there is aaannny way to continue my chars career on my new phone, I'm open for suggestions. Everything from the old phone is still backed up on the comp along with my most recent kkh game play data on the comp and SD card. It's just no matter what I do or transfer etc. I can't get my characters game back.

Sorry for the incredibly long post but I have tried so many things, i didn't want people to waste their time suggesting things I've already done. So ty in advance if you read this trying to help but don't know what to do either. I know there's many of us who are in the same boat wishing this game was easy to just log in on whatever device and yay our characters careers can continue.

But until someone can restore my game, r.i.p to my pink haired char

Comments

• Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Hi MilaMoopsie I'm sorry that your post went off the radar, a lot of us find data transfer challenging and I haven't got any specific advice for you but have you read this thread? http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?108690-The-Best-Way-to-Save-Transfer-your-Game
    I hope you can find a solution :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Android recently upated the OS and Samsung told me that Game data doesn't save and restore like it did previously. Using the Kies3 or new software for file save and transfer the OS just doesn't let you into the system the same. You will restore pictures and music, and no 'game data'.

I can only suggest you send in a customer care ticket, on the old game can you access you Hollywood ID#? That is what Glu Needs to try and look in your game. but that would have to be from the old device that still has the game. That will take a while. But if you made any purchases iin the StarShop they can help restore those purchases, not the outfits or such, but explain the situation to them and see if they can help.

You can alway bring back the 2nd incarnation of your pink haired Doll. I'm sorry this happened.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary