Options

Stopped Getting Videos to Watch after buying Stars ***No Other Issue Please

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
There have been a number of people who have complained that "videos to watch for free stars" stopped right after they made a Star purchase. Attempts at customer care have been sympathetic but uneffective. While receiving Stars for Watching Videos is a very nice perk, it is just that a perk and not guarranteed. Still if the act of buying the stars could have triggered a block, maybe we can get it looked into. Rather than clog the Customer Care Qeue with individual tickets, lets approach it as any other bug. Please list your platform, device, OS, level,
and brief description of their situation Like this:

Android
Samsung Galaxy S4
OS 5.0.2
Level 33

I purchased a Medium Star Pack and stopped being able to watch videos for stars. The Video button is there but it says none available when I click it. Previously I always had 4-6 Videos to watch and received those stars.

(Koko Here: Please for me, leave out any editorializing, or complaining. They've heard it all, and this is solely for them to be able to identify patterns and that is the first step in issue resoloution. Thank you for your patience. )
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    iOS
    Apple iPad Air
    Level 28

I purchased an exclusive dress pack and the video button disappeared immediately.
    PM to add
  • Options
    ButterflytattooButterflytattoo Registered Users 7 Posts
    Apple
    IPad Mini
    IOS 8.3
    Level 27
    The option for watching videos and completing actions for free K-Stars disappeared on my game..it was way before I bought K-Stars also
    Shaylene:cool:
  • Options
    KatiebelleKatiebelle Registered Users 1 Posts
    Apple iPhone 6
    iOS 8.3
    Level 22

Same issue - purchased the medium pack and immediately after the free cash/stars option (as well as the "other offers" option) disappeared.
  • Options
    I could have sworn more people were complaining, but let's give it 2 more days, see if anyone else posts, and then either way, we'll ask Glu to look into it.

Butterfly, can you explain more, because with these cases, we're pinpointing that they had videos bought stars, stopped getting the free ones. You didn't buy stars, but since you're here can you describe the situation? When did they stop? How long had you been getting them? Did thle button disappear, or did a box pop up when you hit the button? See what I mean? So while you don't fit the issue we're trying to isolate, what else can you fill in?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    I stopped having the option to earn Kstars as of last night. Nothing was purchased.

HOWEVER - this has happened to me in the past when I did buy something. When this happened, I would back up my game, then delete the app. Once I re-installed it and loaded my character back, the k-star earning option returned.

I have not tried to do delete the game and re-install yet, but will try later today.

iphone 6+
    ios 8.3
    level 28
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    slg47slg47 Registered Users 2 Posts
    This issue has also happened to me. I am playing on iphone5s.
  • Options
    webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    Ok - I backed up the game and deleted it from my phone. When I re-installed the game, the option for earning Kstars re-appeared.
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    bitesize22bitesize22 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Android
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    OS 3.0.0
    Level 28

I purchased the small star package on May 9th. After my purchase, I stopped being able to watch videos for stars, as well as cash. It always says there aren't any videos, but prior to my purchase, I was able to watch about 5 a day.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    slg47 wrote: »
    This issue has also happened to me. I am playing on iphone5s.
    "This issue is also happening is not informative. Please follow this format:

Platform
    Device
    Level

Brief Description of what happened.
    For Example;

Android
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    OS 5.0.2
    Level 33

I purchased a Medium Star Pack and stopped being able to watch videos for stars. The Video button is there but it says none available when I click it. Previously I always had 4-6 Videos to watch and received those stars.

(And I'm glad this was solved for you webra, but I'm too chicken to advise anyone to uninstall and reinstall. Backing up to the cloud or google servers isn't 100% certain. If you have a good way to back up the game please do us all a favor and post it in this thread : http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?108690-The-Best-Way-to-Save-Transfer-your-Game /url] )
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    slg47slg47 Registered Users 2 Posts
    My free star offers appeared again after I de-installed and re-installed from backup.

I do not remember what level I was when it disappeared.
    "This issue is also happening is not informative. Please follow this format:
    No need to quote me and you haven't even followed my instructions.
  • Options
    I modified your post.
    1. Absolutely no reason to quote me unless yo thought I'd be notified I was quoted. That doesn't happen
    2. You didn't post any of the requested info
    3. This isn't about installing and uninstalling. this is not a suggestion thread.

If you want to try and present this as an issue. We need relevant info. Please read my post for the format, and follow it. Not trying to be mean, but I'm trying to help and there are a million other things I should be doing right now. I don't work for Glu. I'm a player. Please read and follow the format. Thank you hugely. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary