Father's Day - Celebrate!

PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
This coming Sunday is Father's Day in the U.S. (and other places? Give a shout out in the thread.)

Who better to begin the fun but Groucho? Well, at least it's something most probably haven't heard 1000 times before, yeah? Groucho singing two old songs, one by his friend, songwriter Harry Ruby.
Of course, being Groucho, there is some humor involved. But, this thread is to celebrate all things about fathers and fatherhood. Dads - show off pix of your KKH babies... Everyone - post what the day or the word 'father' means to you. Keep it fun and light :)

And now, heeeeere's Groucho!

Comments

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I think all if not most of Asia celebrates Father's day this Sunday, 21 June.

What have you guys planned in store for this day?
    PM to add
  • BabySimmo93BabySimmo93 Registered Users 124 Posts
    same date as uk
    C'mon you Hull :mad:
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Father's Day weekend is going to be pretty crazy for me, because we're hosting a birthday party for my toddler daughters at a bouncy-castle facility, and we're going to two other toddler birthday parties as well! <it's the weekend after daycare ends, before the families can take their kids away on summer vacations, and everybody crowds the summer birthday parties in at the last-minute to be closer to the actual birthdays.. Ours are in mid-July.>

So celebrating with my husband and my father kind of becomes a sideshow to the toddler insanity this time! I had to get them especially good presents to make up for it!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Interesting, I didn't know it was worldwide on the same date. Very cool. We can all send party vibes out to each other on that day :)

I'm far away from anyone I'd call Dad so I just sent some gifts by mail.
  • Angela55055Angela55055 Registered Users 142 Posts
    I must say that Father's Day is my birthday! And I'm a twin so we're like celebrating 3 people on one day lol
    Jay #1 :o:p:cool:
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I must say that Father's Day is my birthday! And I'm a twin so we're like celebrating 3 people on one day lol

Haha, seems like you're gonna have a terrific day ^^

Over here June 21st is La Fête de la Musique, (aka Music Day) I don't know if you celebrate it but it's huge in France, so I'll probably monopolize/hang out with my dad during the day, shower him with gifts, and then hit the concerts and festivals all night long with some friends ^^
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    Wow, Music Day sounds fabulous. I love music. Brian Wilson is playing June 20 at the Greek theater, that is an amazing concert if anyone can still get tickets. I'd celebrate Music Day that way this weekend Chanrin except I didn't find out about it this year til too late.

Angela wow it must be really cool to be a twin. Sounds like a fab weekend ahead.
    Thanks, I hope so!
    Thanks! I have a Twin brother though, not as cool as being an identical twin lol
  • xoxohunnibunnixoxohunnibunni Registered Users 84 Posts
    Fathers Day is in September in Australia. We've got a couple more months to wait ;)
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    Hope you have an awesome one hunny! Even if it's still far off!!

In Pakistan we are celebrating it today but my dad is in another continent lol all the way in the USA so I definitely miss him!
    Hope you guys have a great day with your dads. I do wish we had a special Father's Day event in the game to celebrate too..
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
    Happy Father's Day to everyone.