Weekend Event 6/19/2015 - Pop on in for vats of fun!

Comments

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Has anyone completed the 4 anniversary gigs?

Do we receive any special items? or Kstars?
    PM to add
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    DMV_Doll your comment about the kstars ahaha :cool:

Your avatar pic is really cool I need to learn photoshop :)

And Vats you're far too lovely to be made to feel bad I was trying to be nice but your comment makes me want to slap glu tbh like a hand hug but to the face. I hope you're feeling better :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    First happy birthday Angela! I wish you all good things!

I'm sorry to have abandoned the party briefly, I had to take time out for me. I'm elaborating my grief over the lost hair. I woke up feverish today, you can avoid thinking about those things, but in the end your body always feels somehow.

Thanks Shammxo and Noona for your support.

Eselle I guess that hair gets better with blonde guys, after all is Brad Pitt's hair!

Oh Koko hope you're feeling better today.

DMV, I've missed you. I'm also hoping you and your pink hair appear in my game !!!!

Thanks Dot, you're always very nice.

About the event, I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I think I can.

Remember to do gigs of small / local type and avoid high-profile / professional so you lose less energy.

Keep trying guys!

I think you're right, Vats! Looks better blonde. Very sexy surfer guy-ish. It would obviously be hot on your doll ;) I hope you feel better as well. Seems like this event killed the joy for a lot of people.

I haven't even reached the earrings yet. We'll see. I'm not going to finish all the anniversary gigs either, oh well. I have a wedding to go to this afternoon for my friend and I'm hoping it will lift my spirits. Honestly I haven't been feeling well on the inside lately. It's not only because of the event and game, I just have a lot of personal things in my life that have been making me feel icky. And this game stuff really doesn't help. Not sure if I'll be participating in any weekend events for a little while. I'm sad to say that I won't be purchasing any k stars for the foreseeable future. I can't justify spending real life money on something that doesn't bring me happiness.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I feel the exact same way, Eselle! I bought a bunch of Kstars during that half-price event awhile ago, anticipating possible babies and liking this game better back then. I wish I hadn't, because it's harder to walk away from the game with them all sitting there. I really wish I could funnel them to Vats, give him more chances at the hairdo. I've been gifting friends more, so that's good, but Vats is on a different platform, and of course that hair isn't ever going to be available to send! <prove me wrong, Glu!>

In its current state, this game isn't something I'd start playing, and knowing how they planned to handle customers over time, I won't bother with Glu's new games. It's odd to pretend that the current customers don't have value... We aren't actually stupid enough to forget what this game turned into! Current customers aren't expected to recycle into future customers? So bizarre. Whatever. I'm going back to my sniper games that can be bought outright without the escalating IAP insanity! I've certainly learned my lesson about that dynamic. But I have to say, I've seen other IAPs that were much less abusive, that I'll still support. I have a great game where every so often a new pack of campaign maps to conquer is released, and I happily buy those, and life is good. The price stays constant, the value stays reasonable. It's been that way for years now, and it's awesome. It isn't updated nearly as often as KKH, but it's also not as insane as KKH has become. As I say, I've learned my lesson.

600 points to complete this turkey? And it's a gig event? Yeesh.

What sad timing, that we'd all be happy about the impeding anniversary, and even create threads about the things we'd been enjoying, and that would mark the beginning of a new chapter of nasty policies from KKH! Weird, Glu! Did somebody else begin making decisions there, or something? Or is this game entering a new phase that was always planned? So ugly.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Eselle, I hope the unhappy stuff in your life turns around very soon! You're a lovely person, and you deserve the best.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Has anyone completed the 4 anniversary gigs?

Do we receive any special items? or Kstars?

Ive finished them all (and still not at 600 BTW) Nope! There's not any K Stars. You can invite a friend to the 3 hour gig and once you finish, you get extra blue event stars, exp and money.

That's it...

Thanks Lucy 😘
    I should have made my avi in black and white bcuz this anniversary sucked the life & fun out of the game (among other things) . It's more like a funeral than a celebration.

Sorry folks, I'm really ticked Vats didn't get his hair.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Me too DMV_Doll. And Eselletea Luz is right you are lovely and no matter what's going on it can't change the fact you're a good person and you'll come through I really hope you feel better soon x
    GC: { Lucyxx }
    Thanks DMV_Doll for answering! Meh, that sucks.. its their anniversary I was expecting more than regular.

I too was kinda annoyed Vats didn't get his hair. After opening THREE boxes, THREE rounds! And so I was intending to get that long hair for my guy game too, but nope. Not gonna.

Eselle, do cheer up! Ok I'm not exactly the best in this lol. But yeah, I hope everything gets better for you soon :)
    PM to add
    I'm still so confused.

I'm near the last reward, just completed a 1 hour gig. It gave me 10 + 4 event stars. Its happened a few times already.

But usually my 1 hour gigs only give 5 + 2 event stars.

I hope someone can give me answers, it seems for some reason the event stars are doubled for certain gigs, but I really don't know. It'll help a lot if we can differentiate which kind gives the 10 event stars instead of 5. And, a 3 hour gig only gives 12 stars. So those special 1 hour gigs are awesome.
    PM to add
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    tumblr_nqb2xd0ZaI1qfvh9po8_1280_zpsix8pikoz.png

tumblr_nqb70vHoW81qfvh9po2_1280_zpsz3nhctts.png

I managed it!

For events like this and the ALT weekend I developed a system I call 'coast to coast' where I take on as many jobs as possible and go from the West to the East Coast & grab all of the rewards (money, exp, energy) you get from tapping on things like plants and signs (as well as the mannequins in Kardash stores) and then take a 2 minute break so they can refresh before going back again and then to the venue/mission, a cycle I complete 2 - 3 times an hour.

Results/prizes vary and the route I use - all of the CA locations, Malibu (newly added), Vegas, Miami & All of NY before going back again - gets expensive (I'd say 1000 per event all total, if not 1500) and it is extremely time consuming - I was running around from around 10am to 3am my time yesterday - but it's worked for me: I've been able to complete 8 hour missions in 1 1/2 to 2 hours if I pay attention and run around the 3 times an hour, and 3 hour missions in 1 or so. I'm not sure if this would work for everyone - I'm guessing my OCD helped keep me motivated, as did this hair resembling my actual RL hairstyle - but it can be effective (and I think I didn't share before because I was worried GLU would change their settings XP ) and legal.

(then again, maybe I'm just stubborn? I did buy my 60 kstar tux from the shop using only the free videos after all ;3)
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Congrats Andrzej! Looking good!

Yay she got her swimsuit! I can't stop looking at the blotch on her tummy...

gQSvKz3l.jpg
    PM to add
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    You are very welcome, Vats.

Wow Andrzej, I am impressed, you worked extremely hard and really earned all of those prizes. I am awed at the energy and dedication.

It seems you have made a good system in which you are doing more than one thing in the game at once? And then carried it out well.

I don't think I would have the energy to finish in that way...but at least you proved it can be done!

Nai - congrats on the suit! You also worked very hard.

Myself? I ground through two more gigs (or was it three?) and got the earrings (second prize after the mystery box), this morning. Then I called it a day.
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »

Wow Andrzej, I am impressed, you worked extremely hard and really earned all of those prizes. I am awed at the energy and dedication.

It seems you have made a good system in which you are doing more than one thing in the game at once? And then carried it out well.

I don't think I would have the energy to finish in that way...but at least you proved it can be done!

Thanks!

Actually, I just go from job to job. Like, you know how Simon will call you the moment you finish a job? Instead of waiting for later/my energy to replenish I just jump right into the next job as soon as possible.

I can't even remember how many different missions I've had since it's all one big blur XD - I completed the Kordatio(?) thing with Khloe & the anniversary event, the Perez party I was holding off on (because I despise him) and a few other odds and ends - but I managed and the constant trending topics to my feed has been great for my celeb number too (Currently I'm at #28 when I started this weekend at #65) and I'm sure another factor is I've maxed out my gold star count so I get a leg up on gigs but I'm guessing it was needed since I had to work this hard for ALT's event without it (even though that was only 450 stars).
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Remain positive isn't about not criticizing or become sad, so while we're here giving our opinions and care about the game for it to get better we're all being positive. By the time we dropped the game we're being negative, as we shall see no more hope for it.

I understand the feeling of some of you guys, many are without prospects for the future. I waited a long time for the baby and the hair, and that was basically all that I expected to be happy with my game. I think I can feel half happy, but it's that feel happy?

I finished the event just because I'm stubborn.

I don't know where the game will take us going forward. Every weekend event has been more difficult and each update has added less feature and from what I could feel from the forum this weekend about the fact that I have spent 280 k-stars trying to get the hair triggered a feeling of discomfort on many of you, which is plausible if we consider that as a community we have fought for our rights as players and we have taken several slaps in the face in recent times.

I'm glad that somehow Glu included my request to put that hair in the game, this is a great victory, but definitely we need a fairer game mechanic from now on.

Nobody hates Glu here, on the contrary our complaints are just to build a better relationship with Glu. This game has so many great things in the past that worked so well and made us enjoy it so much, going back not always it's a defeat and correct what was wrong, sometimes it's about living again something nice that made the game so remarkable.

Eselle I hope things get better for you, you deserve!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    I love what you said Vats. I all I know is 2 things 1) your worst day is only 24 hours, so soon this weekend and our hardships will be a thing of the past. 2) keep moving forward, if we do that then we will see those good times.

I don't hate Glue either, and I think you put it nicely Vats.

Congrats to Vats, Nai, and Andrzej and all those who got all the event prizes, I applaud your work and dedication. I know you all look awesome in your prizes.
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Oh Estelle, I hope you feel better. Weddings are always fun to go to, so I hope you feel well after it. I/We are here for you, and have your back.
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
    Off topic, but am I the only one who thinks the bikini cleavage looks like it participated in the #KylieJennerLipChallenge ???

I know I'm a weirdo

PhotoGrid_1434925651616_zpsuznlunfv.jpg

Naimonster I borrowed your doll, hope u don't mind :-)

Andriod player
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Not even trying but managed to get the shirt somehow. It was a gigs event and I had to do some to kill time. Did the Anniversary event too as it was on a clock, hoping for a bigger prize but nope. Nothing!

I was tempted to open more boxes too, hoping I had a shot at the fab Hair. I recently had a few bucks on my card and bought more stars, so now I have like 200 which are pretty useless.

I'm just bored as everyone. Everyone's waiting for the update with Mario and Jen, I guess.

Vats, buddy I hope you're better now. This whole thread was meant to celebrate your day :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    So we're almost concluding the event, I want to congratulate you all for the efforts you made and thank for let me have the opportunity to be the host of this weekend.

I'm sorry that the event didn't end up being as fun as everyone was expecting, but I hope somehow I have managed to entertain you girls and guys a little bit.

Thank you for being so generous and empathetic at the hair situation and for making my birthday extra special.

Maybe I'm naive guy because so far any exclusive item was added to the wardrobe, but I have faith that this story doesn't end here.

You guys make me have that faith showing your actions, spread it around the world!

With love, Victor!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Oddly enough after I posted that things began to look up, and this week I'll be going out of town for a much needed short vacation. Whew! And the wedding was great. Thank you everyone <3
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    You are very well spoken in that post Vats. We don't hate glu, we honestly miss the way the game was. I don't like the air that they appear to want to trick us out of our money and stars, this is not how things were at the beginning. ANd with every move that makes it harder for people less advantaged in the game, we feel a little more so. My big peeve is the outfit they put in the gift boxes. Why not be fair? Slap a price on the dress and the shoes and the bag, and the same for the men's gift box outfit. Let us just buy it, we'll buy things open and honestly.

Anyway, after food poisoning, it was hard concentrating so I lost a lot of time in the game. All 3 got earrings, and one got the shoes. If I had gotten a 'bonus' item in my gift box I might have had a better chance, but I can never catch a break when I gamble. Never even had so much as a winning 3 dollar lottery ticket. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I got the swimsuit with like an hour to spare. This was the least I've tried on any weekend event ever. Probably the only reason I finished was I did open a mystery box and got the blue & white purse, so that gave me bonus stars all weekend.
    iOS
    Didn't even make it to the earrings! Oh well, bump it.

Time to invest some time in my real life.

Sorry to be negative!
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    close...

IMG_0464_zps043e925e.png
    GC Minne622
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    AliBryant wrote: »
    I got the swimsuit with like an hour to spare. This was the least I've tried on any weekend event ever. Probably the only reason I finished was I did open a mystery box and got the blue & white purse, so that gave me bonus stars all weekend.
    this is what I should have done daaayum, I woulda won the swimsuit too. But tbh, I hated the gift box items. Kourtney's outfit reminds me of what Daisy Duck would wear at Disneyland. I'm not too crazy about boba tea chandelier earrings, and chunky white shoes that I won, either. For a one year anniversary event, I expected something more, bigger, I guess.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    9qlb1t.jpg

getting the blue shirt/shorts combo totally helped. I didn't think I'd make it with all the work I had to do this weekend in real life, but I got it done. Also, just like with the blue shirt/white pant combo, the top can become a top alone. I just try on the thigh high boots from a Halloween event and it puts me in the white skirt. From there you can use any skirt. Now I won't feel so cold walking around.

Hope the pic works, I just accidentally OK'd a 8 hour date (ugh)
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    Congrats to everyone who completed the event! I finished with only 379 points - I could have squeezed in another task to make it to 400 but I didn't see the point since there was no way I was reaching 600. I'm disappointed because I try so hard, I go around the world collecting energy from pets and mannequins and street posts whenever I can, and it's still nowhere near enough energy to even come close to reaching 600.

I really hope Glu is listening to us and will stop making these events so difficult to complete. Some level of difficulty is always to be expected - I think 400 is a number that requires a lot of work to get to while not being so impossible - but making it 600 is ridiculous.
    Dear Glu,

Thnx you for the continued reminder 2day that I was unable to complete your impossible weekend event since I was plagued with only 8 gig's the entire weekend and did not waist the little K Stars I have on the possibility I would win an event clothing item in a giftbox.

Feel free to remove this at any time... Thnx

PhotoGrid_1434981952152_zpsqwia0ziz.jpg

Andriod player
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    Actually, I just go from job to job. Like, you know how Simon will call you the moment you finish a job? Instead of waiting for later/my energy to replenish I just jump right into the next job as soon as possible.

I think you are a really good gamer. I am not, I admit. :)

But how do you start a new gig when the old one had just ended? I am always at 0 or 1 energy bolts so I almost always say "wait." Only exception might be, if I have just completed the 2nd half of a gig and I had a multiplier (mystery box won energy), or could tap on the pets for bolts.

But congrats in any case. And to all who won something.

Vats your post was very well said, and touching!
    If it was a busy weekend, doubt I'd be able to complete without dying. I stayed up Saturday night watching drama + tapping LOL. Gigs after gigs. Its crazy!

RVrAumdl.png
    07i5pMml.jpg
    PM to add