Upate Warning Resolved -Update safe to download and Install!

stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
I just installed the latest update, and it has really messed my game up. (This is for iOS.) Immediately after opening the updated game, I got a big warning message that my game is out of sync on the iCloud and on my device. It said the iCloud version was more current, so I selected to load that. I had to click that selection 20-30 times before it did anything, I restarted several times, and when it finally loaded, it showed that I still needed to complete one gig that I finished last night, and it showed that I failed several others that I had gotten 5 stars on over the last couple of days. Ok, not great, but not terrible. But then....

I noticed my friends list was completely empty, and it kept telling me I needed to log into GC (even though I was logged I ) so I restarted several more times, and the friends list finally came back. But...all of my relationships are at zero, which also means my spouse is gone. I'm not happy.

I've been playing this game for a long time, I'm at level 33, so it's not like doing updates is new to me. My guess is that there's something wrong with the update, so proceed with caution.
Prev1345

Comments

• Brittni918Brittni918 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I had the same problem with it taking so long to load too. Finally after it did, I went to check on my baby daughter and it is completely the wrong baby! I'm wondering if other people are having the same issues?
  • SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    Oh that's terrible. I didn't even know the update was out. I hope they fixit soon. Anyone else updated their game?!
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    I can't enter the game. After i updated i enter, i saw the message from KimK about thanking me for playing and after that it kiked me out from the game. I tryed several times but nothing. I restarted and still can't enter the game ��
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered Users 40 Posts
    I just updated the game and luckily I haven't experienced anything bad.
    GC: King Jacek
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Thank God that I came to this thread before I updated! I definitely will not be updating now, I don't want to risk losing my child or all of my contacts.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    Brittni: do you still have the relationships with all of your existing friends? (My baby is the same, btw.).

To everyone else - if you've updated and have NOT had problems, could you let us know? The fact that at least two of us had our games altered by the update isn't good. And if anyone knows if it's possible to get my relationships, including my spouse, back, please let me know.
    I already went through the agony of messing up my game when I switched to a new phone and lost everything so I don't want to take any chances again. I think I'll wait it out till more people have downloaded and experienced it even though I'm dying to update and play but ....

• xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I read this thread title and all I could think was OMG there's an update?? and I rushed to download it and yeah my game is crashing and I can't open it I should have thought more carefully about the thread title :D

I won't update my girl game until there is further news.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Purpleprince90Purpleprince90 Registered Users 45 Posts
    I updated my game as soon as it was possible and thank god I experienced no trouble afterwards!
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    HHmm, what does it say that this update will do? I checked their FB page, and they haven't advertised an update...

Edit: I just checked what it says in ITunes..So excited hopefully it will work.

I may update it now and let you all know, brb off to find a solution..
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I've read the thread, crossed my fingers and updated my game - and it works fine! New hair options are AMAZING, I want to buy them all, but I will not till there's a VIP event lol.

I'm sorry you are experiencing problems guys, but I'm sure they will be fixed soon.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Purpleprince90Purpleprince90 Registered Users 45 Posts
    I really like the hair options as well! Anyone else think that the shorter hairstyle is based on Taylor Swifts' haircut?
    Omg I soooo want to update but I'm scared. Don't want to mess everything up. Plus it's so weird there's nothing on the FB page.. I just checked too. What's going on ?!

I decided to update and ALL of the things I earned from the 1 Year Anniversary event are GONE. And it has me doing an event that I already completed a week ago.. It also took away all the K-Stars I had earned from video offers for about a week and my wife called for a divorce even though I went on a date with her yesterday. Very disappointed.
  • SvennSvenn Registered Users 2 Posts
    I had the same problem with the iCloud sync.

All my gigs that i still had to do are all gone, there is no mission that i can do anymore at this moment.

Also there is another problem with the game after the update.
    Each time you try to buy something in one of your houses the game shut down.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok, I'll see what I can find out. SO if I went to itunes, there would be an update? Do you know the number before I go off half ****ed?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    Koko: Yes, the update is in iTunes. I think you're asking for the update version number? If so, it's 3.1.0
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    after update my baby has other eyes color *** fix that **** glu. Sorry but I'm so mad.
    Svenn wrote: »
    Also there is another problem with the game after the update.
    Each time you try to buy something in one of your houses the game shut down.

Just bought the house in San Fran and you're right! Every time I try to buy a piece of furniture my game closes.
    after update my baby has other eyes color *** fix that **** glu. Sorry but I'm so mad.

my baby also has a new eye color :o but i actually like them a lot better! so this is actually a good glitch for me.. The not being able to buy furniture glitch on the other hand..
    When i CLICK to buy a item in the new house the game restarts itself *** WORST UPDATE EVER
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    I have had no issues with the new update. Disclaimer: I did NOT have a baby yet though. I just reached 160 K-stars a couple of minutes ago and am saving them (to adopt a baby) until the next VIP weekend.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

This is effed up.. So annoyed.

• TTembTTemb Registered Users 86 Posts
    When i CLICK to buy a item in the new house the game restarts itself *** WORST UPDATE EVER

Mine too!!! :(
    GC: TTemb
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Wow - thanks to everyone, for the warnings.

I played very early this morning but did not start a gig. Maria phoned with 'urgent news' and I like to do those first in case a special job pops up from that.

I think I will leave it alone until tomorrow in case it automatically updates. I hope Glu fixes things by then!
    I want my old baby back image_zpsrc89ebkc.jpg
  • Laura29Laura29 Registered Users 6 Posts
    I updated it today! I was halfway through level 10. Saw the update and when I opened the game I was at level 9. I also missing money and stars! I've sent a email to glu about this. I'm so ****ed!
    Wait, Am I the only one who lost my stuff from the 1 Year Anniversary Event? (including the 20 K-Stars)
    Wait, Am I the only one who lost my stuff from the 1 Year Anniversary Event? (including the 20 K-Stars)

I have the stuff from the 1 year anniversary, wow this update it's so full of glitches.
    On the bright side, I actually like my baby's new eye color a lot more. :D
    image_zps6lrsio5q.jpg

I didn't even like the clothes from the 1 Year Anniversary event anyway and was never going to wear them so I'm not horribly upset about losing them.