Options

Are you married to a NPC or Friend and why?

rjdv14rjdv14 Registered Users 13 Posts
I haven't married yet in this game, but thinking about it. I don't know whether I will marry a NPC, who I can dress up as I like, or marry a Friend who has their own style. Are there any other differences in which you marry?

And let's ask the question: who are you married to and why?

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi Nice to meet you and good idea. We've had some relationship/marriage threads like this, but they're always fun and I don't feel like digging up the last one. Can we post pictures?
    I'm in love with 4 player controlled games, but I keep three of them as work friends, this way I can flirt with them and more, and get paid for doing it. ;) Also, a fling with a coworker never hurt anyone right? Oh marriage.

I married my Ipad spouse back in September I think, when the feature came out. He is a player controlled game, a friend here on the forum. Here is a pice.

213122ec-3a4c-423e-98a1-968d83a69d18_zpsjqtt4fay.png

And, a while later he sent me a pic of our wedding, and each time I see him at home, he says the sweetest things. He changes up his looks and I like that. Just finished a two week stint looking like Gavin Rossdale from Bush (married to Gwen Stefani) now he's in transition. He'll end up with another good look any day now. Now, I'm not sure, but I'm thinking because we married each other in our games, that is why I get the sweet talk all the time.
    Sweettalk_zpssotf8qmx.jpg

99% of all the characters I play with are player controlled. ANd I've met them here, and they rock. (wish there was a Mormon option. I'd marry Sam and Stellan, and be the widow of Jedi. As it is, my hubby isn't around much, he likes to stay in the background and doesn't post much. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Maura AgustinMaura Agustin Registered Users 76 Posts
    Koko- how do you know if someone who is player controlled is already married? Can you date/marry them anyway? Just have always been curious.
    GC ID: Maura Agustin
    I love gifting those who gift me! Let's exchange!
  • Options
    Yes how a player acts in his own game has no relevance to how he acts in your game he can be married to me in his game and then your game you are married to him. kind of nice them not being able to reject you unless you forget to date them. imagine your pet if you didn't come home and feed him once a day. So, are you married? (If you'd like to post a picture but want a name blocked out like I did you can send me a photo and I'll be happy to fix it. if you'd like to post it in other words pictures or it didn't happen. lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Maura AgustinMaura Agustin Registered Users 76 Posts
    I'm married to an NPC named Bort Bailey. I am so unimaginative- I keep my hair red in the game and my NPC actually resembles my real life husband. Dork alert!
    GC ID: Maura Agustin
    I love gifting those who gift me! Let's exchange!
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I'm not married in the game right now but I've been married to npcs and a real player friend (for two days!) and one of the nice things about being married to a friend rather than an npc is you see their regular greeting before dates instead of the stuff npcs say that is generated from a list of greetings based on their personality like depressed arrogant highly refined etc which usually are bs.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    I'm now married to an NPC, was married to my guy in another device until my toddler decided to play hide n don't seek with my rrr her iTouch. I like that I can put whatever I want on my NPC guy... But with my other device I made him look very closely to my celebrity crush. But other than that... I don't really see a difference.
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    rjdv14rjdv14 Registered Users 13 Posts
    If I were to try to get to #1 couple, would I have to have an A-List wife or could I still do it with a B or C list?
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    rjdv14 wrote: »
    If I were to try to get to #1 couple, would I have to have an A-List wife or could I still do it with a B or C list?
    I'm married to an NPC. My wife is on the D-List, and she's not even a celebrity. We're the #1 couple. :)

I'm not really sure if the ranking matters in moving up the list. I had to go on like a million dates to reach the top spot.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    xoxohunnibunnixoxohunnibunni Registered Users 84 Posts
    I've only ever married NPCs. The opportunity has never arisen for me to marry a player controlled character. I think I'd prefer NPC anyway.
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    The thought of marrying a friend is nice, but then if you mess up and they dump you, you have to pay to even interact with them ever again. Having to date them every day, pay big money, or lose them from gameplay entirely is no fun. I like to marry NPCs and inflict my fashion sense on them. I like to have torrid affairs with my friends, who are sneakily categorized as work contacts. <just kidding, all I really do with friends is invite them to parties, and take photos with them to use for stuff here>.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i was married to myself. what a chore. i'm signle now and loving it. no more stalker in my house blocking access to my furniture. no more pia dates. if i get married again it will probably be to an npc because as Luz said the ransom to interact with friends is crazy!
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    DanniDanni Registered Users 143 Posts
    I've been with the girl Kim set me up with at the start since I started playing (but have 100% gone on dates with friend contacts because I'm a PLAYER)
    Lightsticks11 on gc!
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    i was married to myself. what a chore.

This sounds like the start to a great comedy routine.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
    I prefer npc because there's a different greeting when I date them. A lot of my gamecenter friends just leave "what's up" as their greeting. Kinda boring
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I was married to Dirk lol now I'M single and fabulous hahahaha
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    VerroncaVerronca Registered Users 1 Posts
    I love the one NPC because u can dress them this way u are in control of how they look I like for my husband to look good like myself.
  • Options
    I have one relationship to maintain - the Android Phone married to her twin the Tablet. I paid 40something stars to get connection back and I'm not doing that again. My ios game ok, I keep that because he says beautiful things to me. the third - is moony. ok, I guess I have to maintain them all. But if I lost the other two, keeping my connection between my games is the only one written in stone. lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    I wonder if you could actually have a kid by Dirk?

I was married a total of three times the first two were Npcs.
    I didn't like my first husband at all... My actual A-list boyfriend broke up with me and game wanted me to have a husband so bad they gave me a random D-list husband... I think they made him up just for that purpose...
    image1_zpstlrxqwkn.png~original

My second marriage was more consensual, however I married him for publicity, and he wasn't even my first choice, so I dumped him quickly once his career started to fail... Cold I know, but he was very rude and shallow himself. ):

image3_zpspt7n2k6a.png~original

Finally, my final and current relation, Jeff! He's a controlled player, a handsome one at that! He's the longest relationship I've ever had... Since January.. :D He's even the father of my son, Mordecai (I decided to change his name). I wish he looked more like him though..Heh. I like having a controlled player because they usually rise in the ranks with you. And their better dressed for less. I don't have that much money to give. Sure I've been have the thoughts of divorcing him, but I really don't want to loose so many fans...

image2_zpslvsw43jd.png~original
  • Options
    JasminaJasmina Registered Users 46 Posts
    I've been married three times in the game! All to NPC's. Once to Dirk Diamonds, but he wanted to divorce me after I didn't see his whiny a*s for like, a day. Ain't nobody got time fo' that!!

Second husband was......... Oh gosh I can't even remember. He was dark skinned with a bald head and a beard. He was nice, but a little boring. And my third and final marriage is to the father of my daughter, Hunter Wilson. When I get some more stars and cash, I'll dress him a bit better, but he'll do for now. ;)

I've FINALLY figured out how to play on windows, kinda... Debating wether I want to play through as a female or a male... Decisions, decisions.....
    GC Name ~ Jasminadee
  • Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    I've dated game players but never married them: could never get the relationships high enough for them as my tolerance for dating is low. I've only ever married NPCs as I felt divorcing them would seem less personal somehow, especially since many of the actual game players in my game participate on this forum. I prefer to keep actual players as industry contacts (but some avatars with their cool fashions and high rankings have proved to be too tempting to entirely resist, lol).
  • Options
    MidnightDescentMidnightDescent Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 78 Posts
    I married an NPC because I loved his blue hair and because he always said sweet things on dates. The others were always mean. Then I saw another NPC who was sweet, but he was a C lister and when I hoped we could have more than one kid if we had a different spouse, I dumped my spouse (sorry) and married the new guy. But after a week of doing nothing but dating and buying him gifts there was no second baby. So I dumped him and went back to my favorite first choice. Perhaps this is why he doesn't stand around our apartment saying "I love you" any more.
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    In my previous games I was married to the same guy, each in three totally separate games...he was so cute! But now I can't find him:(

In this game I am engaged to Jesse a GC friend
    IMG_0510_zps90rnjnqd.jpg

And to Jackson a NPC
    IMG_0511_zpswbepiaqm.jpg

I am trying to figure out which one to stop dating..gah so hard...
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    OMG Noona I just posted to say I changed my in game outfit then came here and saw this and it's the same outfit - so weird! Different earrings but still hoops, same dress and shoes
    image_zpspjjoruo7.jpg
    - k I better go change now :D

Edit: Can you be engaged to two people? I did not know that!
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    OMG Noona I just posted to say I changed my in game outfit then came here and saw this and it's the same outfit - so weird! Different earrings but still hoops, same dress and shoes
    image_zpspjjoruo7.jpg
    - k I better go change now :D

Edit: Can you be engaged to two people? I did not know that!
    I love the outfit, lol. :)
    Technically no, but I got engaged to Jesse around the same time I did with the NPC Jackson...so I consider myself engaged to both but I guess technically i am not...
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    I'm married to an NPC, Rachel Robbinson. She's a model.
    I chose her because all the dudes were ugly or had a terrible outfit, plus back in the day when dates were rude af I kinda got irritated about it. I stopped trying to date because there were no real benefits from it [plus dating leaves you broke, and I didn't have the jet or the car, so I couldn't afford to have a date at all], and when I found Rachel, she was not bad looking and her outfit matched. The game gave me the option to flirt with her so I chose that because why not, and I was in a better position by then so I could afford dating until she broke up with me because I neglected her.

She's the only character with whom I had the most relationship points and so I got kinda lazy with starting all over again, so I made up with her, and right after she proposed, so now I'm married and on the way to have a kid. I am still a little away from reaching max. points with her but I'm on my way.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!