Weekend Event 7/3/2015 - Red, White, and Ramadan - HolidayHoliday!

Comments

• CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    so has anyone else in the US actually started the event?

i thought it started at 5am est but i have nothing in either game
    no i don't have any chill
  • SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    Thanks for posting the songs, Charli and Nai!!!
    We should make this weekend fun instead of getting into debates.

Alkoholics, hope you get the event soon. The boys stuff is definitely cooler.

Okay I just checked my game and I didn't get the event either. It's weird because usually I get it around 2 pm my time and now it's way past. Also, Charli got it and he's in the same time zone. I dunno what's up??
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Charli wrote: »
    Have you completed all your gigs form the previous update? Specifically, one where Willow/Dirk spread a rumor about your eyebrows? It's related to that one :)
    Hey Charli non I havent got that lol!!! Ill see what the future brings!!;))
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    My event is up on all three devices. I like the cut of the bathing suit, not really into the stars and stripes, but I do like the shoes for 300. I bought the white dress for AppleP,

Hope you get the event soon Alk. Has it ever delayed before?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Koko, no after the west side story thing you get another story line about Style off mag or something. and no i've never not got the event before idk what's up
    Thanks, I saw that thread aright after I posted, Have you tried going back up to the APP store and opening from there or make sure there isn't a little update. Hey, did you get the decorations? I saw them in Oak, on the street in Las Vegas (other places too just can't remembers).
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Same here .. Wonder what's wrong. I did get the energy sale.. But that's all I got. I got the decorations yesterday like everyone else. But no sign of an event. I even tried closing my app a few times and restarting my phone.

yes i have the decorations. forced closed the app and restarted it. i restarted the device. i deleted the app and redownloaded it and nothing. guess we have another glitch. whoa boy if it's wide spread as people wake up over here the ish is going to hit the fan
  • MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    I really don't want to do this event. I'm not that patriotic. And these items will be hard to match with the current outfits. I'll just do the box.
  • DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
    I have the update on one device but not the other. I don't care about not getting the event but I wanted the white outfit on both devices
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    yes i have the decorations. forced closed the app and restarted it. i restarted the device. i deleted the app and redownloaded it and nothing. guess we have another glitch. whoa boy if it's wide spread as people wake up over here the ish is going to hit the fan

Yeah especially after what went down last weekend we really don't need this. Ugh. So frustrated.

• SettazSettaz Registered Users 24 Posts
    With some of you guys I didn't get the update either.
    It's weird. I'm getting the free K star after the regular Simon gigs. Also the energy sale. But no event.

i made a thread in support http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?156636-No-weekend-event-yet

i'd start posting there guys if you haven't received the update yet so at least they know. also post if you got the energy sale
  • Princess DaisyPrincess Daisy Registered Users 238 Posts
    I'm not american but I love patriotic clothes. I'm sad it's a VIP event... Who doesn't love america?;d Come on guys.
    Thanks. Opening up a thread in Support about it. I'll come back with the link.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JasminaJasmina Registered Users 46 Posts
    I ended up spending my incredibly hard earned 90kstars on those gorgeous black and gold heels, ended up buying a £3.99 kstar pack as I wanted a new hairstyle too and thought I'd have a shot at the giftbox. I was absolutely gutted. :( The shoes, the hair, the shorts... and I got the cash. I wont be buying Kstars again, this is beyond ridiculous. Yes, I'm being a little bit bitter, I know it's a stroke of luck, but this is all I ever get, cash or energy!! :mad:

29f6m2x.png
    GC Name ~ Jasminadee
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Yeah, that's what always happened to me, too. Sorry Jasmina. The gift boxes are such a bummer. I'm saving my Kstars to get the pig and a few other things at the next VIP event. I can't see spending them on such rarely-usable clothing, though it would have been fun to grind for the stuff.
    #willowoverseesthegiftboxoptions
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

i gotta go. i hope they fix this event thing for everyone affected. cheers guys
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Noooo, don't leave just when you feel like starting trouble! :p

And much as I love Kermit, you couldn't leave us with a forum avatar pic of yourself as consolation? Boo!

I'm still hoping you'll reconsider and distribute pictures of those massive pecs, massive or not! <forgive me! I'm on vacation and it makes me loopy>
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• xoxohunnibunnixoxohunnibunni Registered Users 84 Posts
    I've posted over in the other thread, and now I'm posting here to complain about my lack of weekend event. I'm not even from America. I just really want this update!!
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    Got cash from my gift box. I'm really starting to feel over this game. At least a VIP weekend means I don't have to play much. :)

Have a great weekend guys and dolls!
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I received the shorts with my free gift box and I won the hair with stars & stripes bandana with the gift box I purchased. I'm rarely that lucky... Then I saw that 7 of the 8 gift boxes were good (only one was the measly $4000)! I thought that glu had listened to us and made the gift boxes better but I see here that many of you are unhappy with your box options. That stinks! I really think those gift boxes should be worth 40 K stars!

As for the prizes with this weekend event, I think they did a better job on the guy boxes. I'm truly happy for those of you with male dolls because normally the lady's options are much better. I think the clothes and accessories in the guy's boxes are stylish and much more versatile than the lady's options this time.

In real life, I'm one of those people who wears red, white & blue on the 4th of July. However, I wish the holiday clothes for my doll weren't so "stars and stripes." I think it limits their wearability. A blue mini dress with a large white star on the chest would fit the 4th of July theme AND been wearable throughout the year (plus have more appeal for our international players).

I did buy Kim's pick for 90 K stars. Not only do you get the great outfit and purse but it gives you enough K stars to earn a gift box AND the earrings. I was thrilled! Unfortunately you have to spend 300 k stars to get the next item (the shoes).
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    I want Kim's pick so badly, but I don't want to pay 90 stars for it.. I rather wait for the dress to be singular... Then again it may cost more alone.
    Mauvey wrote: »
    I want Kim's pick so badly, but I don't want to pay 90 stars for it.. I rather wait for the dress to be singular... Then again it may cost more alone.

It's discounted this weekend plus you get a new purse. If you wait until after the weekend special, it will cost more K stars.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    HollySisk wrote: »
    It's discounted this weekend plus you get a new purse. If you wait until after the weekend special, it will cost more K stars.

Yeah, I think I'm going to wait it out. I never cared for the purse, and the dress isn't the color I wanted. I also don't feel comfortable spending so much k stars on event I don't like. I literally only spent 15 stars exactly and I planned on not spending anymore than that. I hope that this weekend event has some kind of benefit.. If its not 3hrs, give me plenty of fans or kstars besides the one; I'm not doing a thing..
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I don't have the event please Glu fix this &#55357;&#56877;&#55357;&#56877;&#55357;&#56877;&#55357;&#56877;&#55357;&#56877;&#55357;&#56877;&#55357;&#56877;&#55357;&#56877;
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    I adopted a baby, so I got the "free" gift box and the earrings. My gift box actually gave me the hair. Although the hair isn't bad, I doubt I will wear it much with the flag headband. I would have rather had blue and white stars, or red and white stripes...not the whole flag. I will probably only wear it tomorrow. *sigh* I liked the shorts much better, since they are more versatile.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

I adopted a baby, so I got the "free" gift box and the earrings. My gift box actually gave me the hair. Although the hair isn't bad, I doubt I will wear it much with the flag headband. I would have rather had blue and white stars, or red and white stripes...not the whole flag. I will probably only wear it tomorrow. *sigh* I liked the shorts much better, since they are more versatile.

I agree about stars OR stripes instead of both on all this weekend's clothing & the headband. I'm grateful the heels are just navy &'white.
    Holly
    I play on iOS