General Complaints Thread

Comments

• SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    shrimp wrote: »
    For all the people with the changing baby issue, it might be a good idea for Glu to add in a customizing eye/hair color feature for the babies. That way, they wouldn't have to fix everyone's individual baby issues.

Yeah that makes sense. I hope Glu comes to their senses. They really p1ssed people off this time.
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. Who wants show and tell? I knew it was harder, but this is mindblowing to me. Seeing it in picture is worth a thousand words, which is good because I know I'm wordy. lol.

Party time used to be 8 hour gig....2 rounds of small talk, plus about 8 energy elsewhere. Took just under an hour (refreshed at about 9 minutes to the hour) Here are two shots, of yesterday's 8 hour party. After amazement over how little I had after a calabasas full round of small talk, plus 8 other energy (used up 40 Stars) I let it energy up again and waited for the 2nd round of smalltalk. It came just under 2 hours in. (better than last week when it was slightly under 4 hours to recharge) But look at the stars after 80Energy and look at the time.

8hrParty2rdroundsmalltalkPlus_zpsbzxq3ltt.jpg
    At twice as long as it used to be, twice the energy, we're only 3/5s of the way done.

Waited for the next recharge. again, full energy expended 3rd round of small talk+extra tasks STILL didn't complete the party.
    8hrParty3rdroundsmalltalkPlus_zpsstdoz9db.jpg

So it's taken 4 hours to complete what used to be done in 55 minutes, with 34 Max Energy and some scrounging while I waited for the 2nd round of Small talk.

And today I'm trying 3 hour parties. Yeah, got a picture for that one too. Here is my shot after the Only round of small talk, Plus some extra,

3hrParty1roundsmalltalk_zpszlkbd97f.jpg

After what USED to complete the gig, again we're getting 3/5s. I am having such a hard time with this. If i'm doing the math wrong somebody tell me. One thing I'm great at is discounts. (due to years of purse buying with discounts.)

Based on how things were Before they brought in Celebs(and have to pay for their likeness): We have to increase our efforts 40% more to finish the gigs. I was already giving 100% I don't have 140% to give.

Take back your celebs, we don't want them and they are killing the game. Barbie has been a hit for half a century? More? No celebs. The game has Kim, and our dolls. That's all we need.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I completely agree the celebs (VIPs) are not worth whatever glu is paying them. When they first appeared, I used energy so that I could invite them to my gigs. However, once I realized that I only received their "perk" about 25% of the time, I stopped wasting so much energy on them. Their "cost" wasn't worth so few rewards.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Based on how things were Before they brought in Celebs(and have to pay for their likeness): We have to increase our efforts 40% more to finish the gigs. I was already giving 100% I don't have 140% to give.

Take back your celebs, we don't want them and they are killing the game. Barbie has been a hit for half a century? More? No celebs. The game has Kim, and our dolls. That's all we need.

Not only can you take back your "VIPs" you can also keep your designer partnerships we pay for too. We cant really wear Givenchy or Balmain. I rather have more K Cash clothing and clothing that cost under 75 K Stars.

To your other point KoKo....

Before these gawd awful changes... when throwing a 3 party in Calabasas you could do 2 rounds of small talk buttons for each guest totaling 14 or 28 event stars if you waited for the buttons to refresh.

Now you can only complete 1 full round of small talk buttons for each guest and 5 guest on the next round. Which lowers the small talk event stars to 12 or 24 per party.

I know 2 or 4 event stars doesn't seem like a whole lot to miss out on, but they add up (Also, I manage to get the 6th guest stars, but I will not share my strategy here, bcuz Glu will take it away)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Oh Minne you're not a mom you're a super mom! FIVE children this is amazing.

My mother is a house mother too and I admire and thank her for made such brave decision. Because I have worked for a time with children I developed this paternal instinct that makes me a real magnet of kids they love me.

I have to confess that I would love to have a family and be a home dad.

I hope you have understood that when I referred to the game as for moms I mean that isn't a game developed for kids recreation.

Yeah I understand what you meant :)
    And thank you!! It's crazy being a mom of five, but it's very rewarding and I wouldn't change it for the world! Plus they are all great kids too!
    GC Minne622
    mathematically, we have to work for 40% more. That's huge. In my heart, and since I proved to myself that last week the recharge on small talk was just under 4 hours. Today's screenshots show the recharge was cut to just under 2 hours. That's a start. TBH, as much as I hate the 3/5s of it's former glory, the decreased recharge is encouraging. Maybe when they see the 3/5 reward in pictorial glory, they'll realize that 40% harder will drive people away.

When people rave about the game, others try it. And the reverse is also true. Hey, Maybe the VIPs took a one shot fee. Maybe they've all been paid now, and we can get our game back? I'm going to see what happens. Oh, and I have to close in on that dress for Apple P so, I'll see ya later. ;)

Oh, and as a mother of 1, I really applaud you with 5. Or with 1,2,3,4,of 5. 6 is just crazy. lol. I'm kidding my best friend in HS was the oldest of 6, the youngest born when we were 16. So her mother had 7 or more at times, when you add me, and a few of the other kids friends in. She was remarkable, and with 6, you know you're handing out chores for the kids. That gives them a sense of responsibility and life training.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    The game has Kim, and our dolls. That's all we need.

I agree. I'm sure many companies and/or celebs want in on the money - so, let them start their own game!

It's being passed on to us like heavily taxed colonials paying for a war...no nevermind I've been reading too much again :p

Why use our strategies against us? Strategy is not a - you know what. It's not a cheat thingy. It's just being clever and actually enjoying the game :)

And the VIP function in the game itself - I don't notice that it adds anything as far as benefit or payout, when I tried it. So I went back to my NPC 'friends.' I have one I use all of the time, actually. A list celebrity Payton Kelly. She is celebrity enough for me ;)
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    With nobody but myself to blame, I exhausted my Kstars this weekend, hoping to win the striped minidress. I got close enough, but not quite...I bought giftbox after giftbox. No dress :(. Anyway, I learned a valuable lesson: I will not play on the weekends again, because the temptation to have the new hair, shoes, dress, etc. is too strong, and I buy gift boxes and spend RL $$$ to have the lovely new things.... In fact, I will be restarting my game (I'm level 18) because I am out of stars, low on cash, and I will NOT be spending another dollar in this game, unless it feels like the cool, fun game that it used to be.

Congrats to all of you lovely dolls who completed this weekend's event, and walked away with loads of cool hair, shoes, and clothing!
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
    Oh no Serendipity! The striped minidress was not an option in the gift boxes. You had to host parties and earn event stars for it. It makes me so sad that you lost so many K stars trying to find it in a gift box when it would never be there.

If you decide to keep playing, add me in your GC and I will send you some gifts.

Holly

With nobody but myself to blame, I exhausted my Kstars this weekend, hoping to win the striped minidress. I got close enough, but not quite...I bought giftbox after giftbox. No dress :(. Anyway, I learned a valuable lesson: I will not play on the weekends again, because the temptation to have the new hair, shoes, dress, etc. is too strong, and I buy gift boxes and spend RL $$$ to have the lovely new things.... In fact, I will be restarting my game (I'm level 18) because I am out of stars, low on cash, and I will NOT be spending another dollar in this game, unless it feels like the cool, fun game that it used to be.

Congrats to all of you lovely dolls who completed this weekend's event, and walked away with loads of cool hair, shoes, and clothing!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I just made it to level 32 but it only opened up 2 new items of clothing and 2 new accessories. How disappointing!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Aww, sorry. I know I was disappointed too. At the beginning, we needed lots of clothes. now, they add them less frequently. But DMV_Doll said more colors of today's white 2 piece dress should be forthcoming, So that's good. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • xoxohunnibunnixoxohunnibunni Registered Users 84 Posts
    No weekend event for me! :( Also, that ombre hair was really not worth going downtown, getting an iTunes card and loading it onto my iPad for. Disappointed!
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
    Yeah, I thought the hombre should have been done as a hair color and not a style. I'm not crazy about the big open forehead in that style, but like so many others, it will probably come in handy some time. Right Sunnies maybe. But I basically tried on the hair and then changed it. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    No weekend event for me! :( Also, that ombre hair was really not worth going downtown, getting an iTunes card and loading it onto my iPad for. Disappointed!

You've given me a great idea!!! I'm going to buy iTunes gift cards at my grocery store so that I get a discount on my gasoline when I spend a ridiculous amount of money on K stars! Thanks
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    2 weeks in a row problems with the weekend event. nobody at Glu thinks it necessary to update people affected in the thread for it. terrible customer service.

TERRIBLE
    no i don't have any chill
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    I wish they would bring back the one hour gigs for everyone. It's so unfair we don't have them on these free k star weekends!
    iOS
  • SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    This is totally messed up. I'm so bummed.
    Stuck indoors coz its 105 outside and the only silver lining was the weekend event and that's gone too. Still nothing. Glu doesn't give a rats a$$ about customer service I guess.
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • xoxohunnibunnixoxohunnibunni Registered Users 84 Posts
    It's Saturday evening here in freezing cold Melbourne, Australia. All I wanted to do was come home from work, put on my pyjamas and some warm, fluffy socks, and play the weekend event. Alas, still nothing! Wth Glu >.<
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    AliBryant wrote: »
    I wish they would bring back the one hour gigs for everyone. It's so unfair we don't have them on these free k star weekends!

Word! Or at the very least, they should allow us to win kstars on work shifts.
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i was mildly annoyed yesterday but i figured they would ATTEMPT. to fix it like last weekend. if the weekend goes and we don't get it i am done with this game and any other glu games on my devices. i've had enough
    no i don't have any chill
  • MidnightDescentMidnightDescent Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 78 Posts
    8hrParty2rdroundsmalltalkPlus_zpsbzxq3ltt.jpg

The red dress is beautiful. What event was that from?
  • MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    The red dress is beautiful. What event was that from?

Khole's sucky birthday event...
  • MidnightDescentMidnightDescent Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 78 Posts
    Mauvey wrote: »
    Khole's sucky birthday event...

Lol
    At least the doll looks beautiful in the dress
  • scartegoscartego Registered Users 1 Posts
    I just would like to vent here for a second because even if I were to vent to support, it wouldn't help. They'd probably give me a worthless response that would just make me even more mad. Helium verified with me that the KK game is flagged as "no backup" which really ****es me off. To the very few who have reported being able to transfer this game to another device - consider yourselves lucky. Why would the developer create a game that can't be backed up? I'm assuming they want you to start over and spend more money.

I'm on a pretty high level in this game. I was on the verge of having a baby with my husband and I just did a gig with Nene Leakes. I don't think anyone has any idea how ****ed I am right now. Yes, I take my games that seriously, especially when I'm paying into them. Not that this matters to the developer because I'm pretty sure he/she could care less - but I will never... NEVER... download another game from them.

I'm changing my rating in the game to a no star (if possible) and I'm advising people not to download. Now I know that probably won't put a dent in the millions of users who will jump on board with the game, but I gotta start somewhere. This is insane, ridiculous, selfish and grimy of the developers and I would wish something bad on the game so that it shuts down but then I'd be being grimy to all the ones who do enjoy and have no issues with the game.

All I can do is laugh to keep me from getting so upset. I'm sorry. I have to go somewhere and woosaa before I burst a blood vessel. They aren't worth me killing myself. Thanks for listening.
    Hi Scartego, I moved you over here, it is the place to vent. Welcome.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Scartego it's absolutely absurd. Device companies put out new models every year. Ppl are constantly upgrading to a newer phone and tablet or their device could be damaged, lost or stolen. So in addition to the cost of the new device, we have to spend more money on the game too. it's insane that Glu does not have a safe back up or transfer option/procedures (in writing) for players. They're ecentially saying never change devices or you're screwed.

Yes Ive heard abt a restore purchase option here on forum, but it doesn't restore wardrobe or game progression. I spent a lot of time (everyday since the game was released) and money on this game. I would be livid to have to start over especially since Ive completed all 3 comebacks.

More Glu Games are going to be released soon, and you better believe this issue will elevate to a whole other level with millions of new players.

This needs to change immediately IMO.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    I just had my baby [conceived because 160 kstars for a baby is too much] and turns out almost everything cute for the nursery costs kstars, the stuff you can buy with money is also ridiculously priced. This is bs. I also tried backing up my game with ifunbox but turns out my iphone needs to have jailbreak so I can't do anything. I'm not as attached to the game because i don't pay for things, but unfortunately I know what path this game will take if they keep these changes, like making events harder to complete or charging real life money for coveted items. If I can't back up my game and have to start all over again that's it. I'd drop the game entirely.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I have to agree with all of you. I've been trying for hours now to transfer my game to my newly acquired tab and play exclusively on that device, but nothing! So what, the death of my device means the death of my game??

"Great, let them spend lot of money if they really want to get back to the lvl they had reached" How ****ed up is that ?? I'm seriously this close to dropping the game.

And I only know too well how frustrating Glu Customer Service is, it's like they don't even know how ridiculous they sound. So I'm done asking them for anything. That may be my very own conspiracy theory, but to me, the fact that people used to be able to transfer games and that it's hardly possible anymore means they worked on a way to prevent it.

I only paid real money once but man, I regret it. No point being a customer of a company that blatantly and obviously treat us like cash cows. That's why I can never blame hackers, I probaby would have done it too if I had the skills. They aren't respecting us why should we play their game fairly ??

Da fck with 600 stars events or the price of clothes and furniture in general, like, can they be any more obvious ??? I get that the game needs money (well barely, they're actually rich as **** so they could be a lot more generous if they wanted to), but you're supposed to make us want to spend not to disgust us with overwhelmingly ludicrous prices.
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Angie7680Angie7680 Registered Users 178 Posts
    I agree the nursery is so overpriced. $25,000 for a toy rocker? No thank you. Plus almost all the baby clothes cost kstars and they aren't that great anyway. Who dresses their kid in a formal suit? They're kids. And the hair that costs kstars isn't all that amazing anyway. I know most clothes is based on what north wears but my baby boy isn't going to look like a man in a babies body dressed like he's going to the BET awards or attending a business meeting. Where are the proper baby clothes 😕:confused:
    I’m just here to steal your outfits and your wine

DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Scartego it's absolutely absurd. Device companies put out new models every year. Ppl are constantly upgrading to a newer phone and tablet or their device could be damaged, lost or stolen. So in addition to the cost of the new device, we have to spend more money on the game too. it's insane that Glu does not have a safe back up or transfer option/procedures (in writing) for players. They're ecentially saying never change devices or you're screwed.

Yes Ive heard abt a restore purchase option here on forum, but it doesn't restore wardrobe or game progression. I spent a lot of time (everyday since the game was released) and money on this game. I would be livid to have to start over especially since Ive completed all 3 comebacks.

It is a "Restore SPECIAL Purchases" button that appears sometimes on the screen in the wardrobe I think, or can be restored by contacting customer care. If you spent any money at all in the game DMV Doll, that can certainly be restored. I'm sorry I forgot, you lost you game, but got it all back from an earlier save?

Anyway, there is a paper trail, and they can trace your StarShop Purchases of Stars or KCash using actual funds through Itunes or GooglePlay Store and those purchases are able to be restored. So, it's not 'restore purchases' I've been told individual items in a game can't be restored, but a compensation provided through the tracing of receipts. Anything else is solely at the discretion of the company.

I'm not comfortable not being able to back up my games. Maybe someday. But isn't that Apple and GooglePlay more so than Glu? There was a filesystem that worked on non rooted iOS games, till the iOS update of 7 I Think? So it was the OS update that quashed that, not Glu.

I'm all for blaming glu on changing the times, and the energy needed, or the cost of the clothes, but they didn't change the os. ya know?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary