The Best Way to Save/Transfer your Game

Comments

• Donyelle21Donyelle21 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I never played this game on the computer and i dont have one, however i am register on googleplay and facebook, but my game did not transfer over. I orginally started from googleplay on my samsung galaxy tab and my phone is a samsung galaxy S5. So how can we get this right?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    2krystal5 wrote: »
    So just wanted to add to this... I sync'd my old phone to iTunes and then sync'd my new phone and it transferred everything over. Didn't lose a dime or anything in my game!! YEAY!!!!!!

Ok, if this worked for her, the same principal should work, but no promises. Of course you'd sync to the google cloud.

But again, I've been advised you are asking for trouble if you go back and forth.

I really suggest you read here, some ipad/apple info is outdated, but when I transfered to a brand new device, I posted what I did. So have others. Read the thread, (I must have read it 20 times) and then be careful, and good luck. The only advice we can give you is pretty much in that thread. Others have switched back and forth multiple times with no problems, but nothing is guaranteed. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?108690-The-Best-Way-to-Save-Transfer-your-Game
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I just back up my iPhone to iTunes on my computer but I'm not sure if that's the most effective method? (I haven't had to use it yet but hopefully I will have a backup if my game resets again)
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    does anyone play on a kindle? can you sign in with a google account on it? i've never used google for cloud saving other then pictures on google drive
    no i don't have any chill
    ^^^^^Hi. I have a question for you Alkoholiks, if you can. I was poking around my Samsung Gal S4 phone and int settings and storage, it said it had 308 somethings in cached data. Did I want to clear it. Would that just clear out muck or would that wipe the game.

And since I was on a factfinding thing by now, I saw another thingy - It was Backup/Reset and when I looked in there, it said if I let it save to the google cloud, I was giving it access to a litany of things, but what jumped out at me was 'wifi passwords'. Isn't that insane? Or am I misunderstanding. I figured I would ask Mr. Puterhead Kokonut when he gets back from Network Administating but I don't want to invite a rather loud discussion er lecture about not inviting things into our system. lol.

Thank you in advance. I'm just really trying to find the best way to save our games. Because I thought Android copied everything, but I was told by Samsung that no game data is saved, so Kies just copies files for the game, not our personal game.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Cache data is usually internet data the device saves so pages load faster. But without seeing it I couldn't tell you to get rid of it in good faith. I wouldn't want you to lose anything important.

Unless you put in a password every time you connect to wifi the wifi passwords just remembers your password for networks you have saved, most likely your home network password.

I know you can chose to delete things out of icloud backups. I make sure that i keep a good 2 gigs of space free so all my games get saved. But as a dude i don't take a lot of pictures so there is always space in my 5g cloud space. My gf, sister, cousins take loads of pictures and their cloud storage is always filled to the max.

It seems to me the cloud saving is pretty solid as long as their is enough space. The problem is the average player is not going to know they need to have cloud saving on or that they might have to monitor what is in the cloud.
    Come to LI and set up my stuff????????????? lol. ok, I so appreciate this, and will glean it all to make an up to date informative thread. But, if I go ahead and tell it save, can I tell it not to save the pics? I'm ****. I use dropbox to immediately get the pics onto my laptop, then delete them from my phone. And this is my only game, so, um how do I tell how much is on my cloud?

If I had one wish for this game, it would be the ability to save our games. Wouldn't people be much more likely to spend more if our stuff is safe? I would love to have 3 separate Flash Drives, one for each game.

But till then... :) I'm just going to tell PuterHead that I'm putting them on save. But I don't want to much it up with pics.

And I can't tell you how much your help and Tech talk for Dummies is appreciated around here.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • amandaferbeyamandaferbey Registered Users 10 Posts
    OK so I get that all my progress is gone now but I had just purchased some kind coins and didn't even use them. Is there anything that can be done to recover these?
    ^ submit a ticket and ask for your stars back.

Sorry Koko sorta forgot about this thread. i've noticed apple moves stuff around in settings a bit from update to update but this is how to manage your cloud data on the current 8.3 ios.

Settings > iCloud >
    there you can toggle different things you want to save

Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage
    there you can click on the list of apps and delete what you like

hope this helps.
  • Ameena kkhAmeena kkh Registered Users 1 Posts
    Game has stopped transfering i used to copy the stardom kim file on es file explorer to dropbox and transfer data to my other device but it no longer works since the baby update why ?
  • MarikitaMarikita Registered Users 95 Posts
    Ameena kkh wrote: »
    Game has stopped transfering i used to copy the stardom kim file on es file explorer to dropbox and transfer data to my other device but it no longer works since the baby update why ?

I don't know why.. I only know that's so frustrating.. :(
    I've spent a lot of money on bying k-stars and now that I've got a new phone (samsung galaxy s6) I've lost everything and Glu Support doesn't reply yet.
    I'm keeping my old phone alive only cos I don't want to loose all of my progress.. but I can't keep 2 smartphone :(
    Marikita, I left a very detailed explanation of how to try again to transfer the game in your other thread. I hope it helps. Post in that thread when you try and let us know how it goes.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    ..and it doesn't work! But after 11 days from my mail to glu support they've replied and told that they cannot restore the game because it's only saved on devices not on servers but they can restore my purchases and that the right way to contact customer care is not throught e-mails but throught the messagge icon in Faq!! So I wrote them again and i'm still waiting..
    Aww, I'm sorry. I'm glad you're in touch with Customer Care, and yes, it's saved only on the device, unless you go in manually and change it the way I described. Otherwise no one would be able to transfer to a new device. Good luck and I'm sorry you had to start over.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Hi! Android user here!

Sorry if my request has already been treated, I've been through all the pages and couldn't find my answer, so I'm asking anyway :

I want to transfer my game from my Galaxy s3 to my Galaxy Tab. From what I understand it's possible if my game if backed up in my google + acc. The thing is, I will still be using both my devices so , will the games act like two different games or will it be the same game regardless of the device used ?

If I mess up on my tab, while using the same google acc, will it mess everything on my mobile ?

Koko mentioned before that going back and forth was asking for troubles, should I keep the game on only one device and stick to it ?

Update: I downloaded the game on my tab, it connected to my google acc but I was not asked to choose between device a or b, I landed directly on the customize page, then I hit start and Luther was bossing me around. I was so afraid my google acc was synced with this new game I closed the game and Uninstalled it!! Fortunately there was no consequences on my mobile game but now I don't know what to do, I really want to be able to play on my tab...
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    Ok, You did what I did - freaked and shut down. Open up again,and now hopefull you should have 2 sets of data. Because your game started and ended quickly. That's what happened to me on both iOS and Android, except I shut down on the customization, so I never saw that disgusting man.

Try it again, and Good luck. But Customer Care thought my Androids were sharing a game, and gave me a thesis on why it's not dependable and you can overwrite your game. You can lose exclusive items, relationship points and more. Maybe that already happened. Hope not, fingers crossed for you..
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks for your help if it doesn't work I'm gonna try to link my tab game to my other Google account and then do the "file copy trick"

Edit : I give up, nothing is working, i've been at it for hours and it's too depressing really :(
    Why can't they come up with a simple way for us to transfer game data ??!!

---
    #TeamCassio
    Chanrin wrote: »
    Thanks for your help if it doesn't work I'm gonna try to link my tab game to my other Google account and then do the "file copy trick"

Edit : I give up, nothing is working, i've been at it for hours and it's too depressing really :(
    Why can't they come up with a simple way for us to transfer game data ??!!

It's not easy to explain.. when i used to work as web designer i learned that sometimes codes work, sometimes don't. When i started playing on february kkh game on android devices was sync, after 3.0.0. update it's impossible to transfer game's data... programmers can only try and try combining codes till everything works perfectly again. (I hope they're trying at least)
  • GermanLifeGermanLife Registered Users 3 Posts
    Thankies... saved me a LOT of time!!!
    Life in short... why not to smile? :)
    ثبت شرکت در آلمان - فیبر نوری
    Marikita wrote: »
    It's not easy to explain.. when i used to work as web designer i learned that sometimes codes work, sometimes don't. When i started playing on february kkh game on android devices was sync, after 3.0.0. update it's impossible to transfer game's data... programmers can only try and try combining codes till everything works perfectly again. (I hope they're trying at least)

When I started playing around that time too. It was almost annoying how the game kept on asking me "which device do you want to use" but now I regret it... i asked glu why it won't work, I hope I'll get a answer soon.

But like you said I hope they're at least trying to make it work.

---
    #TeamCassio
    I've heard a lot of people saying when the game updated to 3.0 the ability to transfer the game was lost. All my experience transferring took place last fall, And I haven't heard of any recent successful transferring of the game.

I remember those little boxes popping up asking about device A or Device B. Sometimes when the game would open up in the morning I'd get that little box and hold my breath while I loaded the right game data. I haven't seen that in a while.

If anyone has had recent success, since the 3.0 update in transferring the game to a new device, please detail your experiences here. Thanks bunches on behalf of everyone interested in switching to a new device. I hope this is resolved, who doesn't want a new phone every once in a while?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Ms_NastassiaMs_Nastassia Registered Users 3 Posts
    So.... a new phone, and it's all gone. From an HTC one to a S6. Saved all the way, but at the time of copying the glu save file across it just didn't work.

I've spent a lot of money on all the houses and clothes in this game. Real money.

And now gone, because you can't link Google or Facebook accounts across devices?

Shoddy business, glu.

Now to decide if I want to start again. Knowing how much money I've spent so far.
  • Ms_NastassiaMs_Nastassia Registered Users 3 Posts
    Or, to put it another way, Glu - I've spent hundreds of dollars on your game in the last 9 months, and it has come to nothing because I bought a new phone.

I'm checking your terms and conditions with my lawyer tomorrow.
    Hi Ms_Nastassia, I just read this, hold on while I try and help.

Ok, your purchases of hundreds of dollars can be restored to your new game. Please send a cutomer care ticket through the game screen. Go to the top left, find the options icon, go Options/Help/Glu Support/Contact Us.

Get the dollar amount from your receipts, so you can tell them how much you've spent, you upgraded your phone, anxious to resume your game on a bigger, better device (maybe the new screen is bigger or whatever) and now you have to start all over.

They will not be able to move your game over, it's a whole different operating system. But, they will restore your purchases, and do what they can to alleviate your distress. Threatening them with your lawyer will definitely be a mistake. They are not doing anything illegal, and while you can certainly say that in your Customer Care request, but the person reading it is human just like you and me. If you approach them nicely, (it's not their fault, they just work there) human nature dictates that they will be more receptive to you, and they'll probably be more compassionate.

I'm so sorry this happened. Frankly, I don't know what I'll do when I get a new phone in a couple of months, but I would be pretty angry, and I don't blame you. I just personally think it would be better not to come off angry and threatening legal action. It goes in with a punch instead of an outstretched hand looking for assistance. Just my opinion.

Aside from that Welcome to the forum, and I wish we'd met in better circumstances, but it's very nice to meet you

Welcome_zpsufecjmaq.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MarthaMartha Registered Users 18 Posts
    I come often to see is there are any news about the transfer, Im not going to start over the game and not going to play on my old phone. Marikita said: "programmers can only try and try combining codes till everything works perfectly again", Im a programmer (a SQL programmer, so nothing like game dev, or app dev - not interested), but I can tell you thats not how programming works, you dont combine code until something works. It has a logic. So what happened here is that they intentionally remove the transfer functionality, a new feature they wrote made the transfer broke and they have that bug registered and is not a priority to solve it, or it has to do with the game and the operating system (and we know there are lot of games that have transfer/sav game working so is not imposible or even difficult to implement it).
    My point here is: they know what and why this is happening and know how to solve it. They just dont solve it. I can guarantee you the devs dont have weeks trying to resolve this problem.
    Martha wrote: »
    I come often to see is there are any news about the transfer, Im not going to start over the game and not going to play on my old phone. Marikita said: "programmers can only try and try combining codes till everything works perfectly again", Im a programmer (a SQL programmer, so nothing like game dev, or app dev - not interested), but I can tell you thats not how programming works, you dont combine code until something works. It has a logic. So what happened here is that they intentionally remove the transfer functionality, a new feature they wrote made the transfer broke and they have that bug registered and is not a priority to solve it, or it has to do with the game and the operating system (and we know there are lot of games that have transfer/sav game working so is not imposible or even difficult to implement it).
    My point here is: they know what and why this is happening and know how to solve it. They just dont solve it. I can guarantee you the devs dont have weeks trying to resolve this problem.

I believe you all the more because I know plenty of (android) games that has that ability. Like for my fav games I just had to tap "transfer data" and I had all my progress back (and the game included in app purchases).

---
    #TeamCassio
    Ok, just yesterday I read about a transfer that worked so, basically if anyone wants to try with a new device. Here's what worked for me. I did iOS and I did Android. If the old device is not available, I don't think this will work.

On the old device manually set the device to Back up either to iCloud or the Google Servers depending on your Operating System. I will look around for the post that gave instructions for both, and add that info here soon.

After you're set to save to a cloud or server, open the game tap something (play for a couple of seconds, grab an energy or something...a little movement in the game). Shut down. put aside the old device.

Open the new advice. set it up with the same info on your old device and game. ie: set up itunes or google play using the same account info you used before. Download and open the game on the new device. (now it gets unclear) At this point in both of my transfers, when it got to the customization page, I freaked thinking I was starting all over. So I shut the game down, closed it, had a hissy fit, went back to the game opened again, and this time at customization, a little box popped up showing me stats for Device A and Device B. Device A had the basice you get when you start out, listing level, $, Energy, Stars. Device B was Level 28 (or whatever I was up to), much more cash, and stars......so I chose Device B.

Then the game loads, you hold your breath and in my case (and in someone's case yesterday) the current game is up, you scan the top and all your stuff is there, you smile, relax and play.

Now I said it's not clear, because I don't know if my immediate shutting down of the game set the 2nd choice. So I don't know if that box automatically comes up. But maybe that quick shutdown triggered the storage of the game that was up for a nanosecond, so it had 2 choices for me to pick from. I really, really really hope this helps.

This is paraphrased but it is the same thing I wrote after doing my transfers, it's what worked yesterday for someone. It helped Regina transfer her game a month ago. So, it's all I have to give as far as help in this. Again, good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • swejs8swejs8 Registered Users 2 Posts
    How do I sync my Facebook account with my android game ... I synced it but it appears that I need to start from the beginning in Facebook ..
    It doesn't show my friends in Facebook who play this game as well
  • czarinaczarina Registered Users 51 Posts
    didnt work for me either. unfortunately i wasnt able to read the latest comments about not being able to transfer games.
    and also i would like to add that i think the folder"com.glu.stardomkim" doesnt have your game progress data because when i deleted that folder with the game still installed and running my "new" game all it did was make a new folder. it didnt affect my current new game. because if that folder contained our saved games when that folder gets deleted the game currently running will also be deleted right? but it didnt happen. so apparently that folder only contains the mp3s and other stuff to run the game but not our saved files. also i have a another copy of that folder before the 3. update so i tried to replace it with that and what happened with the app when i run it with that folder it just updated and went back to my currently new game. when i checked the folder a few things was only added. and also i dont have the google cloud i only have the google play.
    Android 4.4.2
    Lenovo S650
    Czarivargas23@gmail.com
    swejs8 wrote: »
    How do I sync my Facebook account with my android game ... I synced it but it appears that I need to start from the beginning in Facebook ..
    It doesn't show my friends in Facebook who play this game as well

Hi. Unfortunately, you can not switch your game from one platform to another. Your facebook game and your Android games are completely seperate from each other. When you sign into FB from your game, you are connecting for the FB friend connections, and maybe Ray Comments on your timeline....about the Android game.

The good news....Welcome to the dark side. Playing more than one put your toe over the line into madness. Welcome Swejs8.
    But seriously, the 2 games are and will remain 2 seperate games on 2 seperate platforms.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.