Benefits from VIPs attending gigs?

ManjoManjo Registered Users 37 Posts
Because I have done several and I have not received a single thing. Is it a total waste of time??
Prev134

Comments

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I haven't received anything so far, that is a fan service to those who wanted to hang out with celebrities of the game and have them together on gigs, the rewards are an added incentive for us to use the feature.

Does anyone know if when you complete one of the levels of relationship with the characters you receive some reward like on the achievements?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I haven't received jack & I did Kim twice as well as Kendall. Kendall charges 17 Kstars for her appearance but I got nothing out of it. No news feed,no money, no Kstars. This whole VIP thing is total BS.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I gave it another shot today. First I spent a bunch 'earn' the right to invite her to hang out (energy spent to earn the token to call her). Next I do I gig I'd love to call her too, after all, it goes away after 24 hours. No chance to invite anyone to that gig. Then after that I took a side gig, and invited her, instead of a friend. Her break the internet must be broken, because I got so few stars back for that. Plus, you can't tap your friend for group photos which still pays out better than the rest.

So, I'm more sure than ever, that I have no use for this feature.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    They need to make the VIP feature way more affordable. Just because we play this game doesn't mean that we are actually keeping up with the Kardashians, in terms of spending a fortune.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I've received only one bonus so far, from Andre. Nada from the others. I am working on reaching top levels with everyone for hangouts now. Did you all know that you can hangout with vips repeatedly even if they say "ready for project"?
    iOS
  • ManjoManjo Registered Users 37 Posts
    Who is Andre??

I thought that the better my relationship with the VIP, the more likely I would be to earn the rewards, but that's not happening either. I don't get it....
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    André Leon Taley, the tall black guy on the VIP contact list and the one in the Milan quest.
    I haven't received anything from anyone but I don't really think we should. They say that you could have a chance of winning the rewards by using them but it's not a guarantee... which kinda sucks.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    "The chances" to win something with a VIP must be the same chances to win an event item in an event box lol Never won anything so far either
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    I have been using them a little bit and I did get 5Kstars off Kourtney when I invited her to a gig and you get the stars after you've tapped the action above their head at the start. So yeah, once so far!
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • TTembTTemb Registered Users 86 Posts
    I have gone from acquaintance to friend to close friend to bestie with most of the celebs and still have not received any rewards on gigs when I call them 😔
    GC: TTemb
  • RomildeeeRomildeee Registered Users 10 Posts
    Nope nothing, although I'm a close friend with Khloe now so now I have a chance of getting 7 stars during photoshoots!!!
  • MarikitaMarikita Registered Users 95 Posts
    I won 1kstar with Kourt... but just once!
    I don't know if it's related to the VIP hangouts but Kim called my doll earlier out of the blue said "Hey thanks for playing with me" and gave me 20 K stars ! Anyone else ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Chanrin wrote: »
    I don't know if it's related to the VIP hangouts but Kim called my doll earlier out of the blue said "Hey thanks for playing with me" and gave me 20 K stars ! Anyone else ?

It's part of the 1st anniversary weekend event, a gift from Kim/ Glu. Everybody will receive those Kstars. Yay!
    PM to add
    Oh right! Well it still sucks for the VIP feature but still an awesome gift ^^

---
    #TeamCassio
  • RomildeeeRomildeee Registered Users 10 Posts
    Yayyyy! I just recieved 5 stars when I invited kim to my gig, and earlier she called me and said thanks for playing and gave me 20 stars! Big thank you <3 I was finally able to buy this red dress that I wanted since the beginning it costed 75 stars and I only bought 50 so I had to save up 25 stars which I got <3
  • xoxohunnibunnixoxohunnibunni Registered Users 84 Posts
    I haven't gotten anything from memory but I still like inviting the VIPs. I'm currently in the works of maxing the three mains (Kim, Kourtney and Khloe) then I'm going to work on the rest. It may only be a chance to win but I'm still going to give it a go. :)
    Level 32
    #2 spot
    #2nd comeback
  • LykkeSkyeLykkeSkye Registered Users 26 Posts
    This morning I did a photo shoot with Khloe, and upon clicking the action over her head, I did indeed randomly receive six K-stars! We did get past the 'acquaintance' relationship status and are now 'friends', so our hangouts got bumped up to two hours as opposed to one.

Does anyone know why the VIPs have such various time gaps in between doing gigs with them and inviting them to hangout again? For instance, it seems that Khloe and Kourtney have about a 24-hour time wait, Kim and Kris have about 36 or 48-hours, but Kendall and Kylie have 100+ hours (nearly five days!) until we can interact with them again.
  • hkayteehkaytee Registered Users 116 Posts
    I received tons from the VIPs. I hangout with them right before I do a project and I got stuff from Everyone. I think the higher the relationship, the more chances you get at rewards from them
    Add me GC: AychKT && yakanaTee :)
  • Purpleprince90Purpleprince90 Registered Users 45 Posts
    I have not received anything from the VIP's yet, but I also seem to miss one VIP. I now have all the Kardashians/Jenners and Perez, but not the other guy that should be there. Does he come with a quest?
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I have not received anything from the VIP's yet, but I also seem to miss one VIP. I now have all the Kardashians/Jenners and Perez, but not the other guy that should be there. Does he come with a quest?

What kind of stage are you at in the game? Have you done any Milan related quests? :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    What kind of stage are you at in the game? Have you done any Milan related quests? :)
    No, not yet! I stopped playing for awhile, so that must be why I have not reached that part of the game yet. Do you get him after those quests?
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    No, not yet! I stopped playing for awhile, so that must be why I have not reached that part of the game yet. Do you get him after those quests?

I don't know for sure but I would think so because he features in them (Andre Leon Talley). Hope that's the case for you anyway! Although personally I don't find these VIPs helpful I mean they come and raid your fridge and then don't give you kstars what kind of friendship is that :D
    GC: { Lucyxx }
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    I don't know for sure but I would think so because he features in them (Andre Leon Talley). Hope that's the case for you anyway! Although personally I don't find these VIPs helpful I mean they come and raid your fridge and then don't give you kstars what kind of friendship is that :D
    Okay thanks a lot! Yes I'm basically praying for those K stars but I never get them, haha oh well I can live without them for now.
  • MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    You have to build your relationship with them in order to get a better chance at rewards.
  • MarshybeansMarshybeans Registered Users 33 Posts
    I used Kim twice and she gave me kstars :)
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I haven't received a reward from the VIPs either...from the ones I've used, here is my current relationship statuses :

"Close friends" with Kim, Kourtney and Khloe
    "Friends" with Kendall
    "Acquaintance" with NeNe

I would think I would have received a reward by now

Have any Andriod players received a reward from a VIP?

Also, I still haven't met Jen or Mario
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Sometimes having nothing to do in the game I give a chance for the VIP, but so far never won anything.

I use only the Kardashian sisters that supposedly give K-stars, the others I never use because the prizes aren't worth the energy spent!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I found that I was only get the VIP's reward about 20% of the time so I stopped bothering. It's not worth using the energy.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    I get to finish any 8 hr gig quicker with Kim but I get the same benefits if I invite any GC A-Lister to a gig. I only call the original 3 though, Kim, Khlo, and Kourt. Sometimes I will call Kendall but her asking price is so not worth it. She claims to give you more fans but I already can get that just from throwing a party in Calabasas.