Weekend Event 7/17/2015 - Sizzling Summer Star Studded Spectacular

Comments

• kkh.isabellagracekkh.isabellagrace Registered Users 108 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Are you feeling better Isabella?

I'm hungry, I'll eat lunch today is turkey hearts!

Definitely, Vats. Thanks for asking. Today I woke like at 6 am and start working to get my dress, I just got my breakfast. And now I'm doing some house cleaning or my mom will kill me. Hope I finish we this soon, my doll is calling me.
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Luz I agree with Vats, ducks are cute, and those lips look nice on you:)

Stellan that's me, unless I have another twin running around looking exactly like me....otherwise yes that's me.:D
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Lgordon19 wrote: »
    Well, I may still remember that I wasn't even offered a new pair of eyes! I want more guy stuff in the game! Come on Glu! Where's the Kanye's Picks?

Stellan needs no new eyes. His eyes are piercing, searching, hungry.............one glance from him stirs something in AppleP that can only be described as a thunderbolt. OMG, does he have a toga? I'd love to see him in a little cosplay. AppleP makes a real good pirate wench.

But yeah, guys need more stuff. Not Stellan, he's perfect. And Luz, Android phone got the dress, AppleP got the necklace, and Android Tablet got the eyes.

Sam&J are sorely missed. even seeing a little change in clothing would be a good sign.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    R u kidding me Luz??? U look absolutely stunning with those lips girl!!!

The new features just take a little getting used to. I thought my doll looked like she had an allergic reaction to something bcuz the new eyes & lips looked swollen at first. But now I love it.

I had never changed the shapes of my dolls eyes or lips since I started playing, so of course it looked a little odd, but now... I'm in luv :)

LuzVarias wrote: »
    Oh dear, I've realized that I look terrible in the new lips! Kinda looks like I'm all swollen up, post lip-filler injections or something! Why do they look so good on DMV and everyone else, and so bad on me? And this is by far the best color for them, too...
    955b488f-978a-478c-911f-34f3e6451f44_zpstadaugsj.jpg

Quack, quack!
    1a1bfa7d-53b3-4c92-97ed-31ce4524e3bd_zpsm0xfxefx.jpg

Well, I guess you can't win every one, and this has been a fantastic weekend for prizes, no matter what.

And maybe if my eyes were more natural-looking, it'd go better...
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • SayuSayu Registered Users 90 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    You guys are gorgeous, Sayu! And that's definitely one blissful baby! Very nice.
    Thank you ^^
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    My doll decided to go clubbing with Kim
    image.jpg1_zpswzda9w3c.jpg
    I hope she doesn't get too tipsy...
    That's a good idea Noona! Glu could make it a pop-up-shop opened for 24 hours.

To play devil's advocate, if Glu did bring back exclusive items for purchase and/or a limited time do you think players would stop spending money on event weekends? Players would know or think they can eventually buy the items outright.

I hope GLU uses my suggestion of creating a store in the Mall of Dubai for all of the weekend event purchases, then I would be so heartbroken about those eyes..

Oh well I want that hair and darn it I am going to get it!!

Also I love the kitten Koko, baby animals always make me smile;)

I am sure moony will come back in his own time and way:)

Andriod player
    I didn't think about that..hmm maybe they could randomize it so we would never know what will be in...idk I need to think a lil longer on this...

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
    Just 232 more event points until I get that dress. I really just need to do 11 more gigs..
    My finges hurt so much, I need to take a break and stop playing for a while. But also, I'm so close… QiZfQD.jpg
    Dang it, I wish I was that close...
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    You can do it Isabella!

And Luz I have to agree with everyone else! I think you look so gorgeous with the new lips! I actually think everyone does. I've been looking at all my GC friends and everyone is way beautiful now! You all were before, but now you're extra stunning!

I'm 79/150 towards those lips! I'm gonna work hard for those and the hair and we'll see about the dress. Hey, is it just me being inappropriate or does that dress make our dolls extra b00balicuos? :p
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Lgordon19Lgordon19 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Yep, Eselle, I'm rapidly becoming a fan of that dress. Have to agree... And the gift box dress isn't half bad either.
    Stellan Eklund on GC: lgordon19
    Add me!
    Eh, I think I'll live if I don't get the dress...still going to do all those 8hr gigs though.
  • EternalLoveEternalLove Registered Users 46 Posts
    I got the hair but it has taken all day will try for the dress tomorrow
    I think I actually prefer this one to the box one (I preferred the gift box one when I first saw them)

D0E95c8h.jpg
  • natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    I just got the hair. I'm gunning for the dress, do you think I'll be able to get it in time? With only a day and seven hours left, idk.

30agzs4.jpg

Not sure if my doll looks good with this hair.... Maybe a brunette but not jet black?

1r6t0i.jpg
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • Brandon Lee SantosBrandon Lee Santos Registered Users 44 Posts
    I was so close at getting the gift box with the eyes but I chose the one that was underneath thinking it was going to be in there, I was so disappointed and sad, and I still am sad I didn't get it, wish they would add them to the game
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Here's the long hair in my two favorite hair/skin combos. I'll be grinding tomorrow to get to the dress because I have plans on Sunday. My step-dad called me today wanting to go to a movie tomorrow but I'm going to try to push that to midweek. Lol.

qntxy2x.jpg

I'm the same way I keep going back and forth with the skin color Jajaja

Everyone looks amazing, I love the hair and went for a box last night and got my 40k stars back plus the hair wasn't even in there and I left it that. I'm scuuuuuuurrreeeed to try again.

And yes those stringy bags, I have 2. I want the shorts combo, haven't gotten one of those, those are cute.
    GC Minne622
    I love how my doll looks, it resembles me irl. I think someone else said the same thing.... Anyone else's doll resemble them irl??

IMG_1401_zpsfbd4897d.jpg
    GC Minne622
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Thanks so much for the encouragement, kind people! I think I need to ease into using those voluptuous lips. Every day, I'll leave them on for longer and longer until they're second nature.

It certainly is entertaining to radically remodel one's look with all of these fabu new options. Problem is that I'll need this much excitement every week from now on!

Also, Minne, your cute little nose always just slays me! If it had visible freckles on it, I'd probably die.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    Minne623 wrote: »
    I love how my doll looks, it resembles me irl. I think someone else said the same thing.... Anyone else's doll resemble them irl??[/URL]

Mine does, especially with the bob. The only thing that I couldn't get to match the doll with me, is the skintone. The doll has this burnt orange tan skintone and mine is slightly darker but more yellow/beige (foundation is sun beige if anything) but if you look at the skintones to choose from, the second darkest skintone is too dark so, I choose that one. I'm right in between if not lighter in the winter.

1r6t0i.jpg
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I got the eyes in the first gift box and I've already gotten the lips and hair. I've done Mario and Jen's gigs. Does anyone know how many stars you can get in the Upfront event?

I have a work picnic tomorrow, and I don't know if I'll be able to get the dress. I've got 330 stars already. I'll probably be able to get to 370-390 tonight before I get to bed.
    Wow everyone looks so awesome!!

I can't wait to get the hair...I may have a chance at te dress but idk..

I agree with Luz every weekend needs to be this great!

natchula wrote: »
    I just got the hair. I'm gunning for the dress, do you think I'll be able to get it in time? With only a day and seven hours left, idk.

30agzs4.jpg

Not sure if my doll looks good with this hair.... Maybe a brunette but not jet black?

1r6t0i.jpg
    Yeah same here with the dress I have 426/600 and I'm currently working on yet another 8hr gig right now..I'm actually not sure how I survive 8hr gigs, I have a bonus but that really doesn't do much it just gives me more stress towards finishing it.
    I had to change my doll's hair several times, for some hours it was brown but then I decided to change it back to red I think It makes my doll look bad a**
  • DazedmoonDazedmoon Registered Users 28 Posts
    This dress is just fabulous 😍
    2moxras.jpg
    Everyone looks so amazing! What a great event! I tried hard for the gift box hair or at least the dress and I haven't seen either in my boxes but maybe once. I want to try again now that I've finished the event but super nervoussss!

Edit: I don't know why my pictures always turn out so fuzzy, sorry about that! 😔
    Nicole
    GC: dazedmoon
    DONE! 3 hrs gigs work best :)

Screenshot_2015-07-18-16-44-12_zpspaz7t5ot_edit_1437252312122.png_zpsimnlocwi.jpeg

Andriod player
    vMxlyr.jpg
    I just finished the weekend event, I have to say that I really like the dress and even when my gift boxes made super sad and disappointed. Now it's all in the past, I'm a happy girl now.
    natchula wrote: »
    Mine does, especially with the bob. The only thing that I couldn't get to match the doll with me, is the skintone. The doll has this burnt orange tan skintone and mine is slightly darker but more yellow/beige (foundation is sun beige if anything) but if you look at the skintones to choose from, the second darkest skintone is too dark so, I choose that one. I'm right in between if not lighter in the winter.

1r6t0i.jpg

Gorgeous!!!
    Now GLU needs to work on the skin colors and body types IMO
    GC Minne622
  • MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    The lips look bad on darker skin tones if you wear lighter color lip colors. If you wear you wear the natural color it honestly looks decent.
    Congrats, I'm so jealous! I'll definitely make sure to keep on doing 3hr gigs, 8hr ones took FOREVER...!