Weekend Event 7/17/2015 - Sizzling Summer Star Studded Spectacular

Comments

• Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Congrats you guys!! You both look beautiful!!

I am really really happy that I got the eyes on the first try... Specially since it's been foreveeeeeeer since Ive gotten an item from the gift boxes. With that been said, I really wish the gift boxes would go away or go back to special holidays and such like before. Sorry guys, Again IMO. there's a lot of items that a lot of us would purchase straight out, that we end up missing out on. And it really seems like GLU has cleaned out the hackers, I don't know about the rest of you but the hackers I have as friends have all gone down to the E list, and back to the basic outfits.
    This way we are all given the chance to purchase things... And since they started this whole weekend event thing, they've also had less clothes when updates come I'm guessing they hold them for the weekends.

What do you guys think?
    GC Minne622
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Great...One of the appearances I have is 8hrs, please kill me now ._.
    Minne623 wrote: »
    Congrats you guys!! You both look beautiful!!

I am really really happy that I got the eyes on the first try... Specially since it's been foreveeeeeeer since Ive gotten an item from the gift boxes. With that been said, I really wish the gift boxes would go away or go back to special holidays and such like before. Sorry guys, Again IMO. there's a lot of items that a lot of us would purchase straight out, that we end up missing out on. And it really seems like GLU has cleaned out the hackers, I don't know about the rest of you but the hackers I have as friends have all gone down to the E list, and back to the basic outfits.
    This way we are all given the chance to purchase things... And since they started this whole weekend event thing, they've also had less clothes when updates come I'm guessing they hold them for the weekends.

What do you guys think?
    I think I'm actually glad GLU did that it's not fair how they were able to get to a certain list in what seems like one day.
    Now they'll see how much work it took others who didn't do the hack to rise their way up, and earn enough money to buy houses, cars , and clothing. Give yourself a pat on the back GLU, you gave those no-good doers the punishment they deserve.
    140 more event points till I get the dress, 140 more points to go.. We only have 1 day and 4h, I really only have today and tomorrow afternoon to do this.
    Okay I am posting like non-stop..
    I just realized I only need to do seven 3hr gigs and then BAM the dress is forever mine--well that is unless I restart or lose all my data *murmurs the rest* Er ok..
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I just finished! Yippee!

I'm struggling to get used to the new eyes, especially the various expressions. I think they make the doll look pinched and unhappy. Fortunately I can capture a good look in a single image. For me, I think they look best with the natural eye shadow because they are overwhelmed by the makeup.
    EvQjn4I.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    Oh no, Simon didn't call me for anymore gigs, how am I supposed to complete the weekend event now???
    Okay I'm freaking out now I shut down my game and started it up again but no calls :(
    I restarted my iPad, and shut down the game and opened it again but still nothing someone please help. I don't have a hacked game or jailbroken device.
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I just finished! Yippee!

I'm struggling to get used to the new eyes, especially the various expressions. I think they make the doll look pinched and unhappy. Fortunately I can capture a good look in a single image. For me, I think they look best with the natural eye shadow because they are overwhelmed by the makeup.
    EvQjn4I.jpg
    Same here not putting eyeshadow anymore and ooh you look good.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Same here not putting eyeshadow anymore and ooh you look good.

Me three... No more eye shadow *waves finger like NeNe
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    Since I am doing the comeback, and I'm back to a D-List now, I can only do 3h gigs. I really don't mind it. I have won two event items which make it easier. I just got the hair and will be focusing on the dress. It has to be the first even I complete in weeks. I do understand why Glu made it harder for us to complete the events, but it was getting kinda ridiculous.
    I do celebrate [internally], to see hackers being forced to restart. It really is a ***** to see people escalating in a matter of hours to the A-list. So thanks Glu.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
    Lol! Okay phew I got my gigs back. All is good...
    The bar has been raised... How does Glu top this event and these exclusive prizes?

200_s_zpsd06z2p6n.gif

Andriod player
  • natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    Minne623 wrote: »
    Gorgeous!!!
    Now GLU needs to work on the skin colors and body types IMO

YES! I second this. Maybe even add imperfections, like freckles and beauty marks.
    add me on GC; natbchula
    natchula wrote: »
    YES! I second this. Maybe even add imperfections, like freckles and beauty marks.

Or dimples :) did u know dimples are actually cheek muscle deformities?

Andriod player
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Or dimples :) did u know dimples are actually cheek muscle deformities?
    Really...? *touches cheeks*
    Really...? *touches cheeks*

Awwwww u have dimples??? That's so cute! One cheek or both?

But yes, they're an under developed face muscle, normally genetic.

I've always wanted dimples like Mario Lopez

Andriod player
    Both cheeks my mom, brother and I have dimples but my sisters and dad don't
    Forty more event points to go!
    Lol! Okay phew I got my gigs back. All is good...

Same thing happened to me last night. It was so weird. I closed the game, went to different cities, even went to Simon's office! I came here to complain/panic and the gigs were back when I returned to the game. It must be a glitch.

As for bringing in dimples, I don't know how they'd look on our dolls. I'd rather see more skin tones and hair colors.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    You have dimples?
    Oh I have always wanted dimples I thought they were so cute! *secretly jealous* jk, I think it is cool that you have them!
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
    Grace, my baby, thinks "Wow, your face has changed!"

qV5EPVP.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I love dimples. My brother got a dimple and blue eyes! I have brown eyes and no dimples, proving that life is not fair.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    2ytnw4j.jpg
    So here's my doll with her lips in red, with Jen. I wish they gave us more leather jacket and boot options, kinda like Khloé's outfit with the knee-high boots and the leather jacket. I am a sucker for that kind of look.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
    Thanks! Though I personally kinda wish I didn't have them. Oh my god I remember when I was younger everyone would be pinching my cheeks it was horrid for me. lol...
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I love dimples. My brother got a dimple and blue eyes! I have brown eyes and no dimples, proving that life is not fair.

Hehe, and congrats on Grace she looks adorable.
    After the many MANY gigs, my doll gets finally, FINALLY, rewarded :) She has just finished her beach shoot and is now working the outfit
    image.jpg1_zps4nmcdzpe.jpg
    Danielle Rose quickly changed into the dress and while she was celebrating she bumped into Holly, they look quite alike don't they. What if this turned into a reenactment of freaky Friday..
    image.jpg1_zps6bbbbec1.jpg
    Oh yeah and this is my first time finishing a weekend event so kudos to that I'll be munching on the tacos and drinking slushies ^-^
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Congrats girls you're looking hot!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    Congrats girls you're looking hot!
    Why, thank you. *Flips Hair* Lol.
    BTW... the last So Glam gig is 8 hrs, you can invite a friend, you'll receive 30 event stars (1st green button) and 20 more stars (2nd green button)

Also if u have all the giftbox items, as well as the earned lips and hair you'll receive 43 additional bonus stars too.

Edit: I wonder why we didn't get Jen & Mario's characters photo booth or added as VIPs???

Andriod player
    Sorry Danielle but Holly thinks "b I t c h stole my look!" JK!

Though if it becomes Freaky Friday, I want your dimples!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I'm trying to get used to my Dolls's new face. She just looks so pained to me. As if she has a constant migraine headache.

The many faces of Dixie
    jVxaPYu.jpg
    P8yPrls.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS