Is there a reason to date?

HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
My Doll is married but she also has about 6 other Dolls she is dating. These are GC friends. Is there any real benefit to dating or can I just let them get their heart broken?

Also, I'm very close to reaching 12,000 with my Spouse. Is there another level that opens up?
Holly
I play on iOS
#WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens

Comments

• xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Hey Holly, the only real benefits are fan increase when you reach each relationship milestone (when it says 'dating 1'(/2/3 etc.), event points in dating weekend events and k stars when you reach milestones on top couples list (but I'm not sure how that works if you date more than one person). So not that much - but if you break up you won't be able to invite them to anything unless you pay kstars and start dating them again.

12,000 is the max I think - if you haven't adopted a baby your partner will ask if you want to conceive at this point
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • georgiaiwanowgeorgiaiwanow Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 1 Posts
    Of course u get fans too
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    In a word: No.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I've now reached 12,000 so I'm at "max" with my spouse. Since I can't earn any more relationship rewards, should I divorce and focus on dating someon else?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I've now reached 12,000 so I'm at "max" with my spouse. Since I can't earn any more relationship rewards, should I divorce and focus on dating someon else?
    If you want a baby, wait until he asks you, then you could divorce him. :P but yeah might as well.
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    It really depends.
    The pros of having a date are that they help you get you by faster during dating events, this is depending on how far you're into the relationship with them.

The cons are that you have to date them everyday. You can decline dating when they call you [up to three times last time I checked, they might have less "tolerance" depending on your stats idk].
    You also have to have a decent amount of money if you wanna finish the dates faster, and gifting if you wanna level up.

I put off dating since the game started, for as long as I could, but then the baby feature got introduced and I got curious about it, plus the whole dating event thing. So with this being said, in my own experience, dating isn't worth it. Hell, I even regret having a baby and I wish that when you divorce, they took the baby from you [but I guess since some people spent 160 kstars for that, it'd make people mad]. I guess it's also the fact that, at the very beginning of the game, dates were rude af if you didn't have enough heart points and the fact that you have to pay for everything and the wedding extra quests.

So if it wasn't because I have maxed out the stats with my wife, I would've honestly dumped her by now.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Lgordon19Lgordon19 Registered Users 107 Posts
    If you're a masochist, it can be kinda fun to hear new and unusual ways for a woman to leave you!

During the last dating event, I had a torrid, prize-driven affair with a previously unknown GC friend. She had the new Taylor Swift hair, favored very tight little wrap-dresses, and made the most stirring little meowing noises <not kidding>, but when she dumped me, it was all personal attacks and such. No more cute meowing then, I can tell you.

Still, a good time. But I never keep up with the random flings in between dating events. I have two much bigger fish to fry, anyway. Reason to date: not really.
    Stellan Eklund on GC: lgordon19
    Add me!
  • kkh.isabellagracekkh.isabellagrace Registered Users 108 Posts
    I only date my husband every day so we won't let me. It sounds so pathetic when I say it, but that's the true. My husband it's really needy, he can call twice a day for a date. It's a nightmare, I think that I will just stick with my little girl for life.
  • AyniaAynia Registered Users 35 Posts
    Sooo I've been dating someone on the d list and we're supposed to get married. If I marry, can I still date other ppl and it not affect me in the media? Will I become more famous if I date someone who's an a lister like me?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I think this is a great question, but would probably be better suited in General Discussion. And you can also check the Game FAQs at https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/ One or two dates will not hurt you, till the other one wants to commit or break up with you,

I'm moving this, and leaving a redirect .
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary