Gift boxes

xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
I won't put this in the hookah thread, because I'm not angry or complaining, but today I spent 720 kstars that I had saved from restored purchases for the next VIP event because I liked the shoulder length style some of my GC friends are wearing and wanted to try to win it. I spent all 720 and didn't get it - I did get the eyes and the necklace but since I only wanted the hair I restarted to get my wasted kstars back. Then I tried again thinking maybe this time I would get it sooner, and this time did get it but after spending another 420 kstars. I felt like it wasn't worth the amount spent since that was the only good thing I got, but it showed me that I basically needed to spend £45 worth of kstars just to get the hairstyle I wanted. I restarted again, getting my kstars back and determined to save them, but when I earned my free gift box the hair was in the exact place I usually tap, but this time didn't. I thought it was such a shame that I decided to believe in luck and open another gift box, but I went through all 720 again (plus some extra stars in the gift boxes) trying to get the hair and again didn't. I don't want to restart my game again, but I just wanted to ask who are gift boxes actually for? I'm sure most people would like to win all the items, but how much does that mean spending?
GC: { Lucyxx }

Comments

• DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
    The game isn't very fair. I'm surprised people are still playing tbh
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    Well, the gift box premise is based entirely on luck, so I wouldn't really say that the gift boxes are particularly aimed at anyone. If you wanna get into specifics, well obviously they would be aimed at people who have the monetary means to buy as many K-Stars as they wish to keep opening boxes until they get their desired items. I'm my own experience, sometimes event boxes have had nothing but energy and money, other times I've gotten stars, which is very much appreciated because I can't afford [nor really want] to spend money on pixels, and other times I have had the luck to get my desired item on the first try.

Just very recently, with this event, I was dreading to get the eyes on the gift box, and I got 'em. To some people that'd be considered good luck, but to me it was a wasted gift box. Mind you, it was the second gift box [I decided to open an extra box since on my first try I got the event's necklace, and I wanted the dress].

So, with this being said, I don't think the boxes are rigged or anything. It's just luck, and sometimes you have it; sometimes you don't.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm sorry Lucy, my heart is broken to read it.

That hair should mean so much to you have decided to abandon all your progress just to try to win it.

All I can tell you is that these boxes are a great trap, I had never opened one up to the anniversary event because I knew the boxes were super unfair, I really decide to bet all my k-stars because the Brad Pitt's hair was my idea and I want to believe that they designed thinking of me, so I went ahead because I needed to compensate for the work they had.

But even if they release a new long hair style that is the most wonderful in the world on the boxes, I don't ever bet again for a few reasons, such as the presence of k$, k-stars and energy between the boxes I just wonder who pays 40 k-stars to win 4k in k$, or get back the 40 k-stars, though energy helps sometimes isn't the dream of anyone.

Just like you Lucy you can go on an eternal loop and never get what you want and the most important reason is to not encourage this type of service, we need a fairer system if we feed it we'll never have what we deserve!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Ok thanks you guys - I guess I won't open any more gift boxes - it's a shame when you really like one of the items but I think a lot of us have had this experience. I restarted again and have my kstars back now. I definitely won't restart my game now I think I might have broken a record and can prob quote the beginning script off by heart :D x
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I thought I was the only one. Yeah, I spent quite a few Kstars to open up last events gift boxes just so I could get the dress. I ended up with ugly bags, a hideous long rocker wig, the ugliest palazzo pant jumpsuit I've ever seen, and lots of energy bolts. Then I waited it out, after all I won the eyes and the necklace, so the dress shouldn't be far behind.

Well guess what? All day Saturday & Sunday the dress couldn't be seen. All there was were the random awful gift box items that you usually get as a free daily gift box giveaway. All in all I say it's typical. It's a gamble, as always. I finally realized that that I can't spend hundreds of dollars just for a dress I can't wear in real life. If I had the Kardashian money, then yes no problem. I don't. I'd rather pay rent, make sure me & my cat do not starve to death, and put gas in my car.

its all about priorities really. In the final analysis, it is me who should care about my well being & not Glu. I won the eyes, lips, necklace & hair and that is enough. I spent way too much money chasing a dress that wasn't even showing up for two straight days. It was a wake up call for me.
    GC: Zoë Strange
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Ok thanks you guys - I guess I won't open any more gift boxes - it's a shame when you really like one of the items but I think a lot of us have had this experience. I restarted again and have my kstars back now. I definitely won't restart my game now I think I might have broken a record and can prob quote the beginning script off by heart :D x

I can understand how heartbreaking this could be for you and others, though. I have played similar games, albeit not on mobile, but it does hurt a little not to have a certain item that you love, even petitioned for, because you either can't afford it, or it's a gamble to get it.

The only thing I would consider rather unfair in the gift boxes is that they put daily box items in them. Considering it's supposed to be a "special" gift box, said items should not be there to begin with. Energy bolts and money are somewhat forgivable since they're increased in quantity, but putting daily gift box items is rather unfair. I may seem too blunt or too harsh with what I'm saying, but it's really important not to get too carried away with these things because in the end you can't turn pixels into real life clothing or money, and it ends up stressing you out more than it should.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Be careful what u share here...

Glu could remove the "restore SPECIAL purchases" button from the wardrobe bcuz of this. I'm sure the intent of it wasn't for players to restart in an attempt to reopen gift boxes.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Be careful what u share here...

Glu could remove the "restore SPECIAL purchases" button from the wardrobe bcuz of this. I'm sure the intent of it wasn't for players to restart in an attempt to reopen gift boxes.

Why would they remove it? nothing about it looks illegal
    Daphy wrote: »
    Why would they remove it? nothing about it looks illegal
    Because it wouldn't be profitable for them to have people restoring their purchases instead of buying more k-stars.