Redemption Quests

mermaidprincessmermaidprincess Registered Users 4 Posts
Hey all! I was wondering for those who've done it if it's worth it to do the redemption quests more than once?
I've already done the fashion one and now that I'm back at the top I'm wondering if the other two are worth it. I think the clothes are cute but it's taken me from that update until last week to get back to the top lol. So, for those who've done it more than once, is it worth it? Are the quests fun? Thanks! :D

Comments

• DaphyDaphy Registered Users 133 Posts
    By redemption you mean the comeback challenge ? It's not worth it a second time. You don't get a second comeback storyline, you just lose all of your fans and go on has you have been. The clothes aren't worth it to me.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I think the comeback quests are worth it even though there isn't a whole new story line to them. There's no point in staying at the top, max fans, you don't get more event stars etc, there's no benefit. Probably the only one I can think of is NPCs don't diss you lol.

If you're a daily player, or at least someone who plays the weekend event, you'll do lots of gigs/ parties. If you're at the top, your efforts are not fully utilized because you don't gain fans. Why not do the comeback and earn those fans, no harm. Your energy cap increases and you get extra clothing too.

By the way, there's a thread on it.
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?125431-Feedback-on-quot-Comeback-quot-quest
    PM to add
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    It's worth it in the long run because of the energy bolts. I mean counting all three comebacks that's 9 extra bolts which are really helpful for quests, especially weekend events. You also get extra clothing and new actions which do help for quests, too.

Besides that, it's tedious to have to go back to the top once again and suffer from the sassy dialogues from NPC's who are ranked higher than you.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    I'm sure this is something for higher levels. But what is this? What is a comeback? If someone wouldn't mind taking a minute or 2 to explain?? Thanks in advance!! <33
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • Lgordon19Lgordon19 Registered Users 107 Posts
    When you become #1 with the most fans in your game, you'll be offered the chance to do a comeback, ie, lose only all of your fans (but keep your clothes, houses, pets, money). In return, you get to choose to win one of three new outfits, and get three more energy bolts available on your energy meter, and also get a new task available during either fashion shows, appearances, or dates, depending on which type of comeback you choose.

So concentrate on gaining fans so you can give it a try. You could eventually do all three. Luz has done two comebacks, but I've done none because I'm not the favorite child.
    Stellan Eklund on GC: lgordon19
    Add me!
    Lol. Thank you Lgordon. So you keep your #1, but lose your fans?
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Nope can't be number 1 if you lose your fans ;) you go down the bottom, back to being a nobody. The only things you get to keep : your purchases, your husband, your contacts.
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    Oh ouchie! Figured there had to be a catch haha. Thanks for the answers!! ;)

Edit: you keep your lvl and all that tho right?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    However, for each bunch of gigs associated with the Specific comback - love guru is just dates. FOr all your dates after you start that comeback, there will be a special Task. They take 9 Energy and it's a bigger payout than most, but it wipes out a bunch of smaller things like "Romantic glance" or Hold hands, and I often find myself needing a quarter of a he2rt to finish, yet my choices (IN OAK) are Special Task for 9Energy, or Drinks - 8Energy and 200$. Before the "Special Task" there were half a dozen or more smaller energy wise tasks that would fill up my last heart using 2 or 3 energy. Same thing happens with the Fashion Guru comeback. Again a special task, it doesn't benefit you the way we thought it would. It truly limits your task choices.
    This is so true, that I LOVE my appearances, (Unless it's Ray's show) because I haven't done the Financial comback, so all my smaller tasks are still there. And as I approach Number 1 again I honestly don't think I'll take the 3rd comeback. That would leav me with absolutely NO fun task. That's how much I hate the 'special tasks' except, in fashion shows, it adds to the Fierce Acheivament and isn't so disruptive in the game. But the date? Oh please. WHen that happens now, unless it's a star or event points I will walk way and get a 4 star rating instead of 5. I hate waste. and anything that limits my personal choice in the game is not appreciated.

Other hand, Dresses are awesome, and Who doesn't like 40 energy instead of 34?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    However, for each bunch of gigs associated with the Specific comback - love guru is just dates. FOr all your dates after you start that comeback, there will be a special Task. They take 9 Energy and it's a bigger payout than most, but it wipes out a bunch of smaller things like "Romantic glance" or Hold hands, and I often find myself needing a quarter of a he2rt to finish, yet my choices (IN OAK) are Special Task for 9Energy, or Drinks - 8Energy and 200$. Before the "Special Task" there were half a dozen or more smaller energy wise tasks that would fill up my last heart using 2 or 3 energy. Same thing happens with the Fashion Guru comeback. Again a special task, it doesn't benefit you the way we thought it would. It truly limits your task choices.
    This is so true, that I LOVE my appearances, (Unless it's Ray's show) because I haven't done the Financial comback, so all my smaller tasks are still there. And as I approach Number 1 again I honestly don't think I'll take the 3rd comeback. That would leav me with absolutely NO fun task. That's how much I hate the 'special tasks' except, in fashion shows, it adds to the Fierce Acheivament and isn't so disruptive in the game. But the date? Oh please. WHen that happens now, unless it's a star or event points I will walk way and get a 4 star rating instead of 5. I hate waste. and anything that limits my personal choice in the game is not appreciated.

Other hand, Dresses are awesome, and Who doesn't like 40 energy instead of 34?

Ugh you're totally right! It's more disruptive than convenient. The only one I haven't done is the fashion one but I don't even want to start it, the other two discouraged me...

Yeah Twiztidrose you get to keep your level, that'd be insane otherwise!

---
    #TeamCassio
    Chanrin wrote: »
    Ugh you're totally right! It's more disruptive than convenient. The only one I haven't done is the fashion one but I don't even want to start it, the other two discouraged me...

Yeah Twiztidrose you get to keep your level, that'd be insane otherwise!

Fashion Icon was the first comeback I made, and in my opinion it is convenient. However, I don't think the amount of modeling gigs is even compared to the amount of appearance gigs, and this, I think, makes it harder to get to the top.
    I started Money Maker a couple of days ago, and I'm pretty sure that by tomorrow I'll be a B list, and by the end of the week I'll be on the A list again. The real challenge will come when I'll have to surpass the GC friends I deleted [yet still have added in the game for some bizarre reason] because their fan count was too big, and I'm pretty sure a couple had hacked games, which ****ed me over tbh.

Anyway, the only comeback left I'd have is Love Guru, and I have maxed out the relationship with my wife, so I don't really see the point of it except for getting 3 extra bolts. I -may- go for it, thinking I'll end up doing it because why not, but I do think that it's useless if there's not a storyline for each comeback.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
    Fashion Icon was the first comeback I made, and in my opinion it is convenient. However, I don't think the amount of modeling gigs is even compared to the amount of appearance gigs, and this, I think, makes it harder to get to the top.

Seriously ? I've done the money maker comeback but I hardly ever get appearance gigs ! I'm always forced to ask Simon to call later because I always get photoshoots. Like 60% PS, 25% appearance, 15% movie/ commercial

---
    #TeamCassio
    Chanrin wrote: »
    Seriously ? I've done the money maker comeback but I hardly ever get appearance gigs ! I'm always forced to ask Simon to call later because I always get photoshoots. Like 60% PS, 25% appearance, 15% movie/ commercial

To me it was the complete opposite and still is. I get more appearance gigs than modeling gigs from Simon and I also feel from the storyline as well. Money Maker has been really, and I mean REALLY fast compared to Fashion Icon. I was not going to do any more comebacks precisely because it was painfully slow to finish Fashion Icon, but considering gigs have been getting harder to complete, as well as parties, I'll be finishing all three comebacks out of necessity for the extra bolts. Love Guru is rendered useless but oh well.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    To me, fashion icon is the best. The new action doesn't block any previous actions you can perform on movies and commercials. It appears above the director's seat, right? You get both the actions, the new and old one in turns.

Whereas during fashion shows, it takes place of 'elegant stride' which used to be above that big star originally. But it's actually better, as the old action took 8 energies and the new one takes 9, but gives you back 1 and throws up 12 stars.

Other perks include a task where you get your own mobile game if it's your first comeback, increased energy cap, and a new super cool outfit.

Money Maker and Love Guru aren't worth it to me, compared to the effort you put in reaching for the top spot. As everyone, I'm more into spending money on dates. The new action would be a hurdle. And I don't think I've ever worked a shift at the boutiques unless it's mandatory for a task, so the new action would be useless there as well.

Oh and the fierce achievement levels up only with the fashion icon action. So it's the best one so far. But you can do others if you want more energy and K-Stars.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.